Playstation Rewards program is back!

I would email about LBP2 not being the SE, if I could find a link to them actually saying it was going to be the SE.
Only confirmation is someone on here saying they asked and got a reply saying it would be the SE. I'm not going to ask them about it second hand like that.

[quote name='mguiddy']I would email about LBP2 not being the SE, if I could find a link to them actually saying it was going to be the SE.
Only confirmation is someone on here saying they asked and got a reply saying it would be the SE. I'm not going to ask them about it second hand like that.[/QUOTE]

proofassholes.jpg

Yeah my games were also slashed through the back where the upc is and cut through the case. Maybe to try to keep someone from returning them somewhere or something?

[quote name='admiralvic']Love the faith pal... love it :roll:

Before the hate comes to me and people avoid the clueless idiots that work at these places...
[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry... did you not say that... that you asked and got a reply saying it'd be the SE?

Don't act a fool because you read anything into my post that isn't stated.

I'm not going to confront HP about it based on your private conversation with them.

Had they made a public announcement then I would.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Maybe Admiral should email them again then? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well one person in the thread CLAIMED that someone they knew got a SE from HP, so if I don't get one I'll ask.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']They look like I can peel off the wrapping and eat the chocolate hidden within LOL[/QUOTE] :lol: They actually do abit.

I got mine today. Both games had a nice slash on the barcodes. I like the vita coin board with the coins. The coins hold in the board really well.

Should be getting mine tomorrow which is great because I have tomorrow off. I'll get a jump on Uncharted 3. I'm considering trading in either the Resistance dual pack or MLB The Show 12 because I need money for a Vita game...anyone remember what they got for either of them?

[quote name='hk1200']Should be getting mine tomorrow which is great because I have tomorrow off. I'll get a jump on Uncharted 3. I'm considering trading in either the Resistance dual pack or MLB The Show 12 because I need money for a Vita game...anyone remember what they got for either of them?[/QUOTE]

The trade in value for Resistance DP sucks ($11, I believe).
I put it on eBay, where it will sell for at least double that.

[quote name='hk1200']Should be getting mine tomorrow which is great because I have tomorrow off. I'll get a jump on Uncharted 3. I'm considering trading in either the Resistance dual pack or MLB The Show 12 because I need money for a Vita game...anyone remember what they got for either of them?[/QUOTE]
you'll most likely get $26 for MLB and $5 from Gamestop (I was there a bit ago to sell them and was shocked to see this).

I got $35 from Uncharted 3 last month with a 40% extra TIV ($25 otherwise). Went to Gamestop early this month and the TIV dropped to like $18. Sucks.

Wow, those coins are really lame. They are slightly better than I was expecting, though. I thought it would just be a keychain, guitar pick, pill bottle, or some other completely random item with "PS3" branded on it. Maybe these will actually be sellable, unlike all of the other "collectibles".

I'm also disappointed about LBP2 not being the SE, but at least we still get the game. It won't kill me to not have a bunch of virtual costumes that I probably wouldn't even use anyway.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Mine finally came. The coins were scattered throughout the box. :D[/QUOTE]

Same with mine...I think the driver punted it to my front door. It's a shame, I actually wanted a nice near mint set to keep.

Disappointed in the Collector's item, also disappointed about the SE LBP edition. I already have the SE edition, but the SE edition is worth more to trade in. HouseParty owes us now, they have to come back in the Fall.

Happy i didn't trade in my current LBP2SE before this came (it was close!). The coins are kind of neat, but mine are kind of scarred up on the edges, so i doubt they'll have any collector value.

[quote name='The Bryant']Whoops. Accidentally read Koozie as Kazoo. I honest to God fully expected (admittedly excited) to receive one of these:

plaasticKazoo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I am amazed by all the people that are disappointed in receiving something even though it was free...I'm happy to get anything at all![/QUOTE]

I don't see whats surprising about it. While not every collectible is amazing, we've gotten some solid ones from the program. Namely the Sackboy plush and the Pint Glasses, both of which were valued at the same price as the coins. Naturally after adding some mystery to the prize and the whole what... 6 weeks? of speculation, who didn't think it was a recipe for disappointment?

I dont think anyone here isn't grateful, they just had hopes for a more interesting item, which is understandable.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I am amazed by all the people that are disappointed in receiving something even though it was free...I'm happy to get anything at all![/QUOTE]
Just because something is free, that doesn't mean it can't be a disappointment. If you get something for free and you don't want it, that means you have to sell it, give it away, throw it away, or let it take up space in your house. These options are inconvenient and/or undesirable. Or even if you do like the item, you could still be disappointed simply because it isn't what you were hoping for. In the case of LBP2, we were hoping for (and expecting) the Special Edition, so we're disappointed about only getting the standard version. Like admiralvic said, it doesn't mean we're not grateful and we don't necessarily think that we deserve more...it just falls short of what we desired. I think it's safe to say that almost all of us still appreciate what we've been given and that we were allowed to take part in this event.

I know exactly what you mean. There were people complaining when we found out inFamous 2 was the prize for August. I was ecstatic because I loved the first one. I actually bought it on release date. I was going to pick it up eventually, but knowing that we got it for free made the program even. I kept all of the games from this program besides Madden. (Sold it to my dad)

I would constantly tell my friends about this program, and they would claim that they don't have the time to do quizzes etc. Fine by me. While they complain about paying high prices for games, I'll be snagging the free ones. Let me end my rant.

But yeah man, most of us are hoping that they start the program at a later date!

[quote name='The Bryant']Whoops. Accidentally read Koozie as Kazoo. I honest to God fully expected (admittedly excited) to receive one of these:

plaasticKazoo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm not the only one who fails at reading. I read it as Kazoo too.

It doesn't matter what they get, some sack of $%*# will complain about it. It is cheap ASS gamer after all.

My gold coin is of Sack Boy (not the characters shown on the cardboard). Anyone else get that? (My other coins match the pictures on the cardboard)

And my LBP2 has a small hole punched in the barcode (and almost went through to the front of the case), but the UC3 has a scratch.

[quote name='rawer']My gold coin is of Sack Boy (not the characters shown on the cardboard). Anyone else get that? (My other coins match the pictures on the cardboard)

And my LBP2 has a small hole punched in the barcode (and almost went through to the front of the case), but the UC3 has a scratch.[/QUOTE]

Picture? Also the characters are the Little Deviants.

plaasticKazoo.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Hahah, same here for the first couple of weeks.

My coins are different as well. My gold one is Sackboy, my blue one is whatever the gold one was. Regardless, updating LBP2 right now. It's been real fellas.

Anyone trade in LBP2 on GS? Or would you get more from ebay? I may trade in LBP2 towards a game that nets me extra 30% more TIV. Just curious what the base price is this week.

[quote name='darknight88']Anyone trade in LBP2 on GS? Or would you get more from ebay? I may trade in LBP2 towards a game that nets me extra 30% more TIV. Just curious what the base price is this week.[/QUOTE]

Trade in is $11 at Best Buy, expect Gamestop to give you $6-8. Selling these things is always the hardest part.

Kind of sad that this will be the last prize they're giving out. Also, they could've at least gone all out with the other goodies. The PS Vita cardboard and metal coins seem more like a child's play thing where you fit the coins in the slots.

By the way, is the cardboard the exact size of the Vita? I haven't held one and would like an idea of how it looks.

[quote name='rpnguyen']will amazon take these games for trade-in? do they care that the case and coverart have the barcode slashed?[/QUOTE]

yes, but you might get rejected

[quote name='mac101010']Kind of sad that this will be the last prize they're giving out. Also, they could've at least gone all out with the other goodies. The PS Vita cardboard and metal coins seem more like a child's play thing where you fit the coins in the slots.

By the way, is the cardboard the exact size of the Vita? I haven't held one and would like an idea of how it looks.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the cardboard is a little bigger.

5b628da6.jpg

[quote name='hk1200']Nope, the cardboard is a little bigger.

5b628da6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that pic. I was wondering the same thing...the cardboard one seemed a little too big.

FedEx just decided not to knock at all and it says "Customer not available or business closed " on the tracking info. Wtf....I was sitting right there the entire time waiting for the delivery...now its gonna come on monday

i just got my package early this morning. i got everything that everyone else got including the coins,the cup holder,UC3 and the standard edition of LBP2 i was hoping for the SE one but i can't complain,free games are free games XD so i'm happy c:

[quote name='WakYasuk']FedEx just decided not to knock at all and it says "Customer not available or business closed " on the tracking info. Wtf....I was sitting right there the entire time waiting for the delivery...now its gonna come on monday[/QUOTE]
I had USPS do that to me before while I was watching them out the window... I think it's for when they carrier thinks "I don't feel like walking to the door to possibly not be able to deliver." Needless to say I was pissed and gave the ladies at the PO an earful. :lol:

[quote name='rpnguyen']will amazon take these games for trade-in? do they care that the case and coverart have the barcode slashed?[/QUOTE]

Amazon might care but I've never had a problem trading them in to Gamestop. Not sure if Best Buy will take them.

bread's done
Back