Playstation Rewards program is back!

nice way to end the rewards program.
I was going to pick up Uncharted 3 anyway!
I am entirely happy for this program and would do it again in a heartbeat.

For those in from the beginning we have gotten about 15 PS3 games, lots of trinkets, a pint glass and a bunch of Little Big Planet swag that my son loves.

No complaints here :)

[quote name='betterdayz']um how many coins did ppl get i got 5 coins 2 red[/QUOTE]

I got 4 coins: 0 red, 2 blue, 1 silver, 1 gold

for those of you wondering about the gifts

lbp2 is not the special edition, it is the old one with no dlc but has move support

the koozie is of course a beer cooler/holder

and the special collectors item is a cardboard playstation vita with holes for 5 coins, i got 1 y 1 b 1 r and 1 silver.

i already owned both of these games so i turned them into gamestop for 30 bucks (RIPOFF) lol.

hope that helps some of u

If anyone got a free MLB '12 The Show and doesn't want it, my friend is looking for a copy but doesn't want to pay retail for it. He'll most likely give you more than you'd get at GameStop. PM me if interested.

[quote name='overlordmike']for those of you wondering about the gifts

lbp2 is not the special edition, it is the old one with no dlc but has move support

the koozie is of course a beer cooler/holder

and the special collectors item is a cardboard playstation vita with holes for 5 coins, i got 1 y 1 b 1 r and 1 silver.

i already owned both of these games so i turned them into gamestop for 30 bucks (RIPOFF) lol.

hope that helps some of u[/QUOTE]

You would've been better off throwing the games on Craigslist. Some posters received around $45-$50 on CL from some of the games.

So I got a VERY interesting email from Houseparty.

neato.jpg

[quote name='admiralvic']So I got a VERY interesting email from Houseparty.

neato.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would think they just broke up CEs and sent them out in pieces...Didn't they basically give away the contents of the CEs?

[quote name='slowdive21']I would think they just broke up CEs and sent them out in pieces...Didn't they basically give away the contents of the CEs?[/QUOTE]

They gave everything but the box and DLC. However, this seems unlikely. The littlebigplanet 2 CE was the rarest of the Sony CE's last year. In fact, it only received a price drop on Newegg and this long after release. Furthermore, 7-11 gave away the bookends and plushes as part of their slurpee point program.

[quote name='admiralvic']So I got a VERY interesting email from Houseparty.

neato.jpg
[/QUOTE]

what did your email say that you sent to them? Cause i didn't get one of these emails.

also... did anyone else's game barcodes come with a slash through them or just mine? Kinda odd i thought!

[quote name='thekid490']
also... did anyone else's game barcodes come with a slash through them or just mine? Kinda odd i thought![/QUOTE]

They all do, it's to stop people from reselling the games. Although it's kinda obvious from this thread that it doesn't work.

[quote name='thekid490']what did your email say that you sent to them? Cause i didn't get one of these emails.

also... did anyone else's game barcodes come with a slash through them or just mine? Kinda odd i thought![/QUOTE]

If you look back through the pages, he had e-mailed them earlier in the period to see if it was the CE of LBP2 and they had said yes, so he asked if it was an error on their part or Sony's and bada bing bada boom there's the result. And yes, all of the games (except I think for one month where our games were slash free) have slashes on the UPC.

[quote name='MrPiggles']They all do, it's to stop people from reselling the games. Although it's kinda obvious from this thread that it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. My copy of LBP2 had a small punchhole in it, though. First time I've seen that

[quote name='hk1200']If you look back through the pages, he had e-mailed them earlier in the period to see if it was the CE of LBP2 and they had said yes, so he asked if it was an error on their part or Sony's and bada bing bada boom there's the result. And yes, all of the games (except I think for one month where our games were slash free) have slashes on the UPC.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of the fact its the special edition (which is basically the GOTY, not the CE), this is correct.

[quote name='admiralvic']With the exception of the fact its the special edition (which is basically the GOTY, not the CE), this is correct.[/QUOTE]

Apologies! Confused the CE ad the SE.

It be cool if they do send us the SE edition also, but I'm not counting on it. Do you think we'll ever get what the Modnation Racers Beta was? The Resistance games more than enough make up for not getting it, but in the e-mail, it just said that it was delayed not canceled.

[quote name='diplo']It be cool if they do send us the SE edition also, but I'm not counting on it. Do you think we'll ever get what the Modnation Racers Beta was? The Resistance games more than enough make up for not getting it, but in the e-mail, it just said that it was delayed not canceled.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why the fuck not... but just because the beta wasn't out in 2 weeks is no reason to think or assume it's never going to happen.

[quote name='MrPiggles']They all do, it's to stop people from reselling the games. Although it's kinda obvious from this thread that it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

The slashed barcode is not to stop you from reselling/trading it as a used game to somebody else. It is to stop a store clerk from accepting it as a return. As in you took the game to the customer service/returns desk of [insert store name here] and said, "I got this as a gift, but I don't want this game. Can I exchange it for another game?"

All of my games except the Resistance Dual Pack had a slashed barcode.

yeah resistance dual pack was the only one I know of that didn't have a burnt bar code area.

I will sell em regardless on glyde once I've gotten my fun out of em.

Got my package yesterday afternoon. Definitely sad to see the program go, but was happy with all of the great prizes that we have received over the past year. Oorah! :applause:
Btw, I seemed to get a normal set of all matching coins, aka one of each proper color.

I got the same email when i replied saying that i Recieved LBP2 and not LBP2 SE
Hello Kolma,

Thank you for your email, and for bringing this to our attention. We have seen reports of this across the site, and are currently looking into what happened. We were under the impression that PlayStation would be sending all March participants the Special Edition of LittleBigPlannet2 as well, which is why it was communicated as such.

Unfortunately, we do not have control of this inventory, and cannot send a replacement at this time. We will, however, keep you posted and let you know if we can send you a version of the Special Edition of LittleBigPlanet2. We hope to have a response from PlayStation by the end of the week. Party on!

Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions!

Sincerely,

Susan
House Party Community Support
[email protected]
facebook.com/housepartyfun
@HousePartyFun

[quote name='WilliamRLBaker']yeah resistance dual pack was the only one I know of that didn't have a burnt bar code area.

I will sell em regardless on glyde once I've gotten my fun out of em.[/QUOTE]

How much do you think U3 and LBP2 would sell for on there? This is the only time that I have had to sell a game from the rewards program since I already have Uncharted 3 CE and LBP2.

[quote name='WakYasuk']How much do you think U3 and LBP2 would sell for on there? This is the only time that I have had to sell a game from the rewards program since I already have Uncharted 3 CE and LBP2.[/QUOTE]

18.25 for lbp 2 in excellent condition.
23.75 for uncharted 3 in excellent condition.

I can't remember how much they take its like 1.25 for the mailer and then a percentage so you'd probably end up with 16 for lbp and 21 for uncharted.

[quote name='WilliamRLBaker']18.25 for lbp 2 in excellent condition.
23.75 for uncharted 3 in excellent condition.

I can't remember how much they take its like 1.25 for the mailer and then a percentage so you'd probably end up with 16 for lbp and 21 for uncharted.[/QUOTE]

Also, just a heads up. My local Target accepts trade ins and they gave me $25 for my copy of Uncharted 3. So you may want to look in to that first.

[quote name='ohram']Also, just a heads up. My local Target accepts trade ins and they gave me $25 for my copy of Uncharted 3. So you may want to look in to that first.[/QUOTE]

well I'm going off the fact that the upc labels have been burnt with a heatedtwire so most stores wont take the damage product back as a return.

[quote name='WilliamRLBaker']well I'm going off the fact that the upc labels have been burnt with a heatedtwire so most stores wont take the damage product back as a return.[/QUOTE]

They said "trade ins" not "return fraud"... some stores buy used games.

[quote name='ohram']Also, just a heads up. My local Target accepts trade ins and they gave me $25 for my copy of Uncharted 3. So you may want to look in to that first.[/QUOTE]

How recent is that? I have 2 copies to dump so that might be the best thing to do. Does it matter if it's sealed?

[quote name='georox']They said "trade ins" not "return fraud"... some stores buy used games.[/QUOTE]

they? pretty sure it was just one dude, and I didn't know target had a trade in program so sue me.

[quote name='Wario64']How recent is that? I have 2 copies to dump so that might be the best thing to do. Does it matter if it's sealed?[/QUOTE]

They opened my copy when I brought it there to make sure the disc was in the case. It was about four or five days ago when I sold it to them. I didn't even know they accepted trade ins until just last week. The place I was selling my games to closed down so I had to find a new one.

Got my rewards pack yesterday. My LBP2 is the regular edition as well. I found it odd that they molested the UPC on my Uncharted 3 but not LBP2.

Goodbye, PS Online Rewards program. Though I found you out late. You will be missed.

I know by bumping this, peoples hopes will get up, but just for FINAL confirmation since the LittleBig Planet Karting Beta starts next week I emailed to ask if we'd get the codes and...

Yeah, no. They're done with this. So, yeah.

I totally forgot about that beta. Wasn't that for a ModNation Racers game? Or at least that's what it was presented as.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I saw that this thread was updated. I thought the program started again. :([/QUOTE]

Same here - so much disappointment.

Nope, sorry boys, House Party has already announced their upcoming promotions and none of them involve gaming. If you're still on their mailing list, they'll actually notify you if the day ever comes.

bread's done
Back