An ignorant man-child will keep posting in this OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing to note was that there was no opening band, which was a nice change. The night was all about those Crooked Vultures. The second mentionable was that they played each song like it was their last. Josh introduced the band about half-way through, though I imagine with tongue firmly in cheek (coming to John Paul Jones, "...do I really need to fuckin introduce him?"). The music really flowed when Josh and John deviated from the set to jam.

Really quite a super-surreal experience overall. Will you be seeing them?

[quote name='rabbitt']The first thing to note was that there was no opening band, which was a nice change. The night was all about those Crooked Vultures. The second mentionable was that they played each song like it was their last. Josh introduced the band about half-way through, though I imagine with tongue firmly in cheek (coming to John Paul Jones, "...do I really need to fuckin introduce him?"). The music really flowed when Josh and John deviated from the set to jam.

Really quite a super-surreal experience overall. Will you be seeing them?[/QUOTE]

No, that's why I'm trying to hear multiple experiences of seeing them. I don't think they're even coming through my state much less a relatively close venue to me.

Sounds like a good time though. Was it all original material, or were there covers?

Not gonna lie, I was hoping they'd throw in a tiny bit of QOTSA/Zeppelin material in there for a laugh like when I saw QOTSA/Arctic Monkeys and Homme played a riff from I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor in homage.

[quote name='st0neface']No, that's why I'm trying to hear multiple experiences of seeing them. I don't think they're even coming through my state much less a relatively close venue to me.

Sounds like a good time though. Was it all original material, or were there covers?[/QUOTE]

It was all original, but JPJ had a keyboard solo that I would swear was No Quarter.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Not gonna lie, I was hoping they'd throw in a tiny bit of QOTSA/Zeppelin material in there for a laugh like when I saw QOTSA/Arctic Monkeys and Homme played a riff from I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor in homage.[/quote]

Nice.

Zombieland was alright. I don't think I'd see it again but it did have a few really funny parts and I would shoot the hottest of loads all over Emma Stone.

What about Amber Heard, man? I'd legit put my penis on a george foreman grill just to touch her.

She's also going to be in that Hunter S Thompson movie coming out next year. :drool:

According to Wikipedia, she's going to be in a lot of films within the next year.

She was definitely one of the best parts of Pineapple Express (which I loved).

[quote name='Mojimbo']Oh, yeah. It's not until October 2010. They don't even reveal the lineup until maybe April. There's been acts I've wanted to see the last couple of years but festivals kind of suck and the schedules can be pretty awful.

EDIT: Right here, L2.

http://www.aclfestival.com/tickets/index.html

They're not up yet and they're not saying when they'll put them up. Let me know if you find out anything.[/QUOTE]
I still can't believe Glastonbury in the UK sold out 180,000 passes in a day without announcing a single act and the show being a year away.

Best price B&M on a year of Live is $39.99 at Fry's if you've got one near you.

[quote name='prmononoke']

She was definitely one of the best parts of Pineapple Express (which I loved).[/QUOTE]MmmMMMMmmmm.. there's a scene of her getting out of a pool in a two piece in that new movie Stepfather. :drool:

JJSP, you seem to know a lot about SoCal venues. Is the Hollywood Palladium a small venue or a large one like, let's say the Honda Center.

I haven't been able to find any seating charts.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']JJSP, you seem to know a lot about SoCal venues. Is the Hollywood Palladium a small venue or a large one like, let's say the Honda Center.

I haven't been able to find any seating charts.[/QUOTE]
Palladium is not nearly as big as Honda Center, but not as small as say, House Of Blues. Holds roughly 4,000 people maximum, and I think it's entirely general admission.

http://venueimagecenter.com/HollywoodPalladium_medium.jpg

Going to Blink on Saturday?

LP, I suggest arriving a little late (late enough to miss Mickey Avalon, cause I'm pretty sure you'd be terrified of catching the gay from a song called My Dick, but early enough to catch The Aquabats).

Zew, what were you doing in Brea? I suppose it's a city, but it's small compared to anything surrounding it. Place is full of rich white people and soccer moms.

[quote name='JJSP']LP, I suggest arriving a little late (late enough to miss Mickey Avalon, cause I'm pretty sure you'd be terrified of catching the gay from a song called My Dick, but early enough to catch The Aquabats).
[/QUOTE]

Mickey Avalon? Last I heard it was just The Aquabats and Blink-182...damn!
I'll be there before 8 for sure, I want to get a good spot.

[quote name='JJSP']
Zew, what were you doing in Brea? I suppose it's a city, but it's small compared to anything surrounding it. Place is full of rich white people and soccer moms.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I went this past weekend to go hit LA and Hollywood.

My other friend and his girl have a place in Brea, so we crashed there so we didn't have to get a hotel.

Yeah, it seemed like the type of place you'd want to raise a family at. All the ethnics are in LA. Nothing but white folks. ;)

[quote name='guinaevere']I think that sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I have to consider is when someone takes a day off from this place, my co-workers are like sharks with blood in the water...when I come back on Monday, there will be stuff I have never seen on my desk with post-it notes asking why it isn't done yet.

[quote name='seanr1221']Do it.

And let's play Demon's Souls tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...Number84 has football practice tonight, so I probably won't be on till later. Have you tried it? I got my copy yesterday, but have not had the chance to play it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Sounds good #83. Do you get off on Monday for Italian-American Day?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap...yes! Yes I do. Thanks for the reminder, Mak!

God Bless Christopher Columbus and his screwed up sense of direction...and the Italians who glommed his day!

Yea, I'm still working on 1-1 (I've only played the game for about 30 minutes) but I think you have to beat 1-1 before you can do co-op.

I can play saturday night too (but I'm guessing you'll be with the family then).

Ohh I just remembered a crazy, messed up dream I had last night. It involved manthing, even though I have no idea what he looks like. But anyway, manthing, Neil Patrick Harris, and myself are all in manthings car which is a small, beat up 4 door sedan. I wanna say it was an older model Saturn or Toyota Corrola. We're just driving around the country side when we see a guy grilling in front of house but near the road. Manthing slams on the brakes and starts yelling "It's Big Mike! It's Big Mike!". So I look at the guy and sure enough its him. Manthing then jumps out of the car with his arms flailing and continuously yelling "It's Big Mike!". He then goes up to Big Mike and starts praising him, how he loves his videos and everything he does and Big Mike just stares with a smile and starts whistling and humming and basically ignoring manthing. So manthing starts to get upset and starts shaking Big Mike and keeps telling him how great he is. This goes on for about a minute and then out of nowhere Big Mike just stabs manthing in the chest. Manthing grabs the wound and stumbles back to the car. Neil Patrick Harris jumps in the drivers seat and we take off to go get help and thats when I woke up. Insanity!

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea, I'm still working on 1-1 (I've only played the game for about 30 minutes) but I think you have to beat 1-1 before you can do co-op.

I can play saturday night too (but I'm guessing you'll be with the family then).[/QUOTE]

Actually, Saturday night is WoW raid night. :oops: So I might be able to jump on if we don't do it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ohh I just remembered a crazy, messed up dream I had last night. It involved manthing, even though I have no idea what he looks like. But anyway, manthing, Neil Patrick Harris, and myself are all in manthings car which is a small, beat up 4 door sedan. I wanna say it was an older model Saturn or Toyota Corrola. We're just driving around the country side when we see a guy grilling in front of house but near the road. Manthing slams on the brakes and starts yelling "It's Big Mike! It's Big Mike!". So I look at the guy and sure enough its him. Manthing then jumps out of the car with his arms flailing and continuously yelling "It's Big Mike!". He then goes up to Big Mike and starts praising him, how he loves his videos and everything he does and Big Mike just stares with a smile and starts whistling and humming and basically ignoring manthing. So manthing starts to get upset and starts shaking Big Mike and keeps telling him how great he is. This goes on for about a minute and then out of nowhere Big Mike just stabs manthing in the chest. Manthing grabs the wound and stumbles back to the car. Neil Patrick Harris jumps in the drivers seat and we take off to go get help and thats when I woke up. Insanity![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

---

:drool:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6232117.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

[quote name='Maklershed']Ohh I just remembered a crazy, messed up dream I had last night. It involved manthing, even though I have no idea what he looks like. But anyway, manthing, Neil Patrick Harris, and myself are all in manthings car which is a small, beat up 4 door sedan. I wanna say it was an older model Saturn or Toyota Corrola. We're just driving around the country side when we see a guy grilling in front of house but near the road. Manthing slams on the brakes and starts yelling "It's Big Mike! It's Big Mike!". So I look at the guy and sure enough its him. Manthing then jumps out of the car with his arms flailing and continuously yelling "It's Big Mike!". He then goes up to Big Mike and starts praising him, how he loves his videos and everything he does and Big Mike just stares with a smile and starts whistling and humming and basically ignoring manthing. So manthing starts to get upset and starts shaking Big Mike and keeps telling him how great he is. This goes on for about a minute and then out of nowhere Big Mike just stabs manthing in the chest. Manthing grabs the wound and stumbles back to the car. Neil Patrick Harris jumps in the drivers seat and we take off to go get help and thats when I woke up. Insanity![/QUOTE]
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

Morning, OTT.

Ahahahahaha. That is the most random dream ever.

Ugh.

Apparently I can't my license renewed until I can prove I am enrolled or graduated from High School, even though I can prove that I am enrolled in college. Only problem, my diploma and transcripts are my house, about 100 miles away. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back