Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
DuckTales-Remastered.png

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-DuckTales-Remastered/dp/B00YILHCX0/
Thanks! Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse is also free.

Newly updated sale prices (credit to Android Police):

Contrast - $5
Doom 3: BFG Edition - $4.99
Half-Life 2 - $2.49
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $1.99
Half-Life 2: Episode Two - $1.99
Portal - $1.99

If you own a Shield Portable, Tablet or TV, all these are great graphical showcases for those devices.
Some other Shield exclusives also on sale:

· Killing Floor: Calamity
· Never Alone
· Pix the Cat
· Pure Pool
· Q.U.B.E.: Director’s Cut

I don't think all the prices have updated for the others but Killing Floor and Pix the Cat are half off at $4.95.

Some other Shield exclusives also on sale:

· Killing Floor: Calamity
· Never Alone
· Pix the Cat
· Pure Pool
· Q.U.B.E.: Director’s Cut

I don't think all the prices have updated for the others but Killing Floor and Pix the Cat are half off at $4.95.
Thanks. Picked up Pure Pool yesterday but I'm considering Pix the Cat since I missed it on Black Friday.

Thanks. Picked up Pure Pool yesterday but I'm considering Pix the Cat since I missed it on Black Friday.
I was unsure of it but picked up Pix and it really is a blast.
It's a little flaky on my Shield Tablet for some reason though. A few crashes and freezes. Probably will try deleting and reinstalling. When it works, it's one of the best arcade type games I've played in a while (sort of a combination of Pac-Man and Snake, but better than that sounds).

It's a shame that the Android thread has had better sales than both the PlayStation and Xbox threads this week. But I suppose Android is the future of gaming.

More Shield-compatible deals courtesy of Android Police:

Chariot - $7.49
Geometry Wars 3 - $4.99

I have played Final Fantasy III on my Galaxy with a Moga, and it controlled fine. I would imagine that any other FF game would control just as well.
Thanks. Just bought ff vi. The mode A doesnt work with this game but mode B HID is ok. The game doesnt recognize the moga pro power's shoulder buttons but i dont remember what they did on a snes controller for this game so i guess I'm ok for now.

Thanks. Just bought ff vi. The mode A doesnt work with this game but mode B HID is ok. The game doesnt recognize the moga pro power's shoulder buttons but i dont remember what they did on a snes controller for this game so i guess I'm ok for now.
If a game isn't on Moga's compatibility list, Mode A won't work, but Mode B tends to work on a lot of games that have Bluetooth controller compatibility. I have often used Mode B for emulators.

Got my kid an Amazon Fire Kids Edition tablet so the free games are great. Also after setting it up and missing around in the non kid side I have to say it is not a bad experience. I would definitely want something faster for daily use and gaming but I could put Fire tablets on the list now.
Quoting my comment on AndroidPolice. The more I play around it with it I could see myself getting a HDX if they still existed because alot of my stuff is in the cloud. I use to buy all my digital music through Amazon before I got Google Play music sub. I have a ton of apps from this thread, coins and other websites through Amazon. I even have several books and movies there. As a Kid tablet what is used for it is awesome. My kid has dropped it a couple of times already (in two days I know) but I don't even sweat it with the 2 year warranty. Amazon FreeTime is nice as I don't have Prime anymore he can watch all the kids videos from their catalog. The apps seem appropriate but I can add anything from the Amazon app store to it that I want for him. Overall Amazon has made a great tablet for my kid and has made me want a tablet again.

I think I may have made a mistake in buying Google play cards with the Casey's promotion. I was expecting more sales and wound up buying three cards ($30 of credit for $15) just because I found myself with a spare five here and there. Now I have 22 some odd in credit after spending survey credit and some of the card money.

Still spent close to $20 between a little prior to black Friday and now with all the sales but I have a feeling I will be sitting on this for a while with my cheapass refusal to buy at full cost. Guess I should figure out a cheap album to buy with the 50% off coupon.

I think I may have made a mistake in buying Google play cards with the Casey's promotion. I was expecting more sales and wound up buying three cards ($30 of credit for $15) just because I found myself with a spare five here and there. Now I have 22 some odd in credit after spending survey credit and some of the card money.

Still spent close to $20 between a little prior to black Friday and now with all the sales but I have a feeling I will be sitting on this for a while with my cheapass refusal to buy at full cost. Guess I should figure out a cheap album to buy with the 50% off coupon.
I wish they had Casey's in my state. I've been buying up these Shield compatible games and I just bought my fourth $10 Google Play card this week earlier today. I've never done the surveys but I might start since that will be a good way to get more credit down the line. It's funny that I barely bought Android games before the Shield and now I'm its biggest advocate.

Dead simple to do and I think the longest one took two minutes. I know I have made something like $20 this year in credit. They slowed down recently but I am pretty sure that's due to me answering honestly on a couple demographic surveys that I am currently unemployed with no decent annual income at the moment and thus Google doesn't care about my opinion for now. Ah well, I am sure that will change by the next demographic survey.

Edit: Checking the history and some quick math shows I earned $26.17 in a year. Not too bad.

Also does anyone know if there is a cloud save in any of the Final Fantasy games? Specifically tactics and five.

What is the mobile site address for cag? Not m.cheapassgamer.com like other sites? Tried searching forum and found an old address that just redirects to the desktop page now. This is weird.

Double checked other sites and all are fine on mobile. Cag doesnt seem to run in accordance with standards though. Can someone pull up cag on their phone and tell me what the address is? I try to manually enter it.

I got avg pro free through amazon's various app promos and you guys probably have as well but the amazon version is always so far behind. This may b an upgrade for those that want an up to date app.

Currently the amazon app is only 4.4 for example

Jeff buckley grace free mp3 album.

Also even though ppl tend not to post music deals in this thread i would appreciate android deals on good albums, movies etc especially when free or cheap

[quote name="Electroplasm" post="13143942" timestamp="1452238581"]

Also even though ppl tend not to post music deals in this thread i would appreciate android deals on good albums, movies etc especially when free or cheap[/quote/]
When I posted that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" had gone free on the Play Store late last year, people mocked me. But I will continue to do so since free is free!

In other Android news, a port of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has now been released on the Play Store. It's $15 at the moment and is only playable on the Nvidia Shield family of devices:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nvidia.metalgearrisingrevengeance

[quote name="josekortez" post="13143984" timestamp="1452249134"][quote name="Electroplasm" post="13143942" timestamp="1452238581"]

Also even though ppl tend not to post music deals in this thread i would appreciate android deals on good albums, movies etc especially when free or cheap[/quote/]
When I posted that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" had gone free on the Play Store late last year, people mocked me. But I will continue to do so since free is free!

In other Android news, a port of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has now been released on the Play Store. It's $15 at the moment and is only playable on the Nvidia Shield family of devices:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nvidia.metalgearrisingrevengeance[/quote]

Nice. I'm waiting for nvidia to release Marshmallow on the original shield tablet though.

I remember mocking you.

Good times.

Jeff Buckley is great though. :bow:

ame="josekortez" post="13143984" timestamp="1452249134"]

Nice. I'm waiting for nvidia to release Marshmallow on the original shield tablet though.
Also sucks that MGS isn't playable on the tablet. (Well, at least it's blocked from playing it. So like Half Life 2 Episode 2, it may actually be capable of playing it).

Hmm, isn't MGS:R like 25gb on the PC? Does the tablet version have downscaled graphics/cinematics or something?
It says 9.5 gb to download but I would assume the install requires more space than that. I have the 500 gb Shield TV which has more than enough space to spare, but I'm sure that would be a concern for people with a 16 gb device. Nvidia is supposed to be releasing a few other Shield ports this year including Borderlands: the Prequel and Resident Evil 5 to show off what Shield can do. My only concern is that these games can probably be purchased for much less on 360 or PS3. I remember reading that Metal Gear Rising for PS3 could be bought new for $5 at Five Below a while ago. But if people don't buy these Shield ports, Nvidia won't make more of them. Decisions...

It says 9.5 gb to download but I would assume the install requires more space than that. I have the 500 gb Shield TV which has more than enough space to spare, but I'm sure that would be a concern for people with a 16 gb device. Nvidia is supposed to be releasing a few other Shield ports this year including Borderlands: the Prequel and Resident Evil 5 to show off what Shield can do. My only concern is that these games can probably be purchased for much less on 360 or PS3. I remember reading that Metal Gear Rising for PS3 could be bought new for $5 at Five Below a while ago. But if people don't buy these Shield ports, Nvidia won't make more of them. Decisions...
But why would you buy games you can get cheaper on 360/ps3 and might be better off playing on those consoles just to convince them to spend time porting more games you can get cheaper on 360/ps3 and might be better off playing on those consoles?

But why would you buy games you can get cheaper on 360/ps3 and might be better off playing on those consoles just to convince them to spend time porting more games you can get cheaper on 360/ps3 and might be better off playing on those consoles?
The Shield Console in particular is meant to be an alternative to consoles so many people don't have another "console" to play these on. The ones that work on the tablet are nice just to be able to play on the go.

Well, I'm just a big Android fan. Just a big fan of technology, period. And, as dumb as it sounds, I think that it's pretty cool that they have created an Android device like the Shield TV that's between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One in terms of specs which is why I'm even considering buying Metal Gear Rising. I totally agree with your response, but I own other games on the Shield TV that I also own on other systems too just because they're available on Shield. Not logical at all, I know. But, the damn thing is a lot easier to transport to someone else's house than a 360 or a PS3. The Shield TV is the size of a small book. So, if I ever decide that I want to play it at someone else's place, it's quite portable.

Pocket Mortys (it's a Pokemon-style Rick and Morty game) is out today and it's free! Haven't had a chance to check out how IAP works yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.pocketmorties
I played it for over an hour and I can say that this is how Nintendo should go about putting Pokemon on the app store, except for the in-app purchases like this does. Just change the layout of the selections to be touch screen friendly and they would bring in so much money from each of the Generation games new and old!

bread's done
Back