Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Anybody on with good turnip prices at Nook's? He's been hovering between 30-60 this week, and he's closed tomorrow (store renovations). I really hate to take that much of a loss on turnips, so I'm wondering if any kind CAG would let me visit.

EDIT: Incidentally, if anybody needs an invite to Crazy Redd's, I've got one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My turnip prices are 264. If you want to sell, I can have my gate open for the next 30 mins or so, then I can be back later on tonight. My info is in the spreadsheet as well.

[quote name='prim4444']My turnip prices are 264. If you want to sell, I can have my gate open for the next 30 mins or so, then I can be back later on tonight. My info is in the spreadsheet as well.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll see if I can get in now, if not then I'll try later on. Thank you!

EDIT: Nope, I must have missed you. I'll check again later.

Trillian, my gate's open if you wanted to grab some fruit. My turnip prices are horrible--72 bells. If anyone visits, just don't take the flowers near the gate. That's all.

Forget the river, I just saw a tarantula fall into the ocean! :lol:

Trillian, if you haven't sold your turnips yet you can come to my town. They're 345 here, but my gate isn't open because I'm tarantula hunting. Just post if you want to visit and I'll open my gate.

[quote name='Daisydog']Forget the river, I just saw a tarantula fall into the ocean! :lol:

Trillian, if you haven't sold your turnips yet you can come to my town. They're 345 here, but my gate isn't open because I'm tarantula hunting. Just post if you want to visit and I'll open my gate.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'd enjoy a visit. Let me add you to friends. Give me about a half hour to munch some dinner, and I'll see if you're open.

[quote name='Daisydog']Forget the river, I just saw a tarantula fall into the ocean! :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's happened with a few tarantulas I've seen too. And don't forget the holding ponds!

But since I've done the headphones & walking slowly through town technique last night, I ended up seeing the most tarantulas I've ever seen in one night. They're not as rare as I thought they were - if you're wearing headphones you can definitely hear them a lot easier than actually seeing them.

I "heard" six of them last night.

The first one, I missed when I swung for it, then it bit me.
Tarantula1.jpg

I caught the second one.
Tarantula2.jpg
Tarantula3.jpg

The third one fell into the river (no pic). I caught the fourth one (with a 2nd character) - I was really happy that it didn't end up going into the ocean!
Tarantula4.jpg

I think I went the wrong way when looking for the fifth one, so it got away, but I ended up catching the sixth tarantula I saw (with a 3rd character).
Tarantula5.jpg
Tarantula6.jpg
Tarantula7.jpg
Tarantula8.jpg

If you're walking slowly after it and have your net out, there's less of a chance that it'll go into the nearest body of water or disappear behind something.

All three tarantulas are being kept as pets for now. Maybe I'll submit one in the bug off tomorrow to see if Nat will want to eat it. :p

The first time I tried to catch a tarantula it knocked me out. The second time I saw one it crawled into the ocean. :bomb:

That's impressive Miranda! I'll be sure to take the slow approach next time. I haven't seen very many lately but it has been raining like crazy this past week.

Trillian, you never stopped by? I'll be away for a while but I'll leave the gate open.

If it's raining in your town, you won't see any tarantulas, unfortunately - they don't come out during the rain. :whistle2:( But I think rain makes more oak silk moths, lantern flies, and goliath beetles appear on trees. I've been trying to stock up on oak silk moths for tomorrow's bug-off, but keep scaring them away.

EDIT: Does anybody have Japan's new DLC yet?

http://accf.wikispaces.com/Paper+Doll

I'd like to catalog it if anyone has it.

[quote name='Daisydog']That's impressive Miranda! I'll be sure to take the slow approach next time. I haven't seen very many lately but it has been raining like crazy this past week.

Trillian, you never stopped by? I'll be away for a while but I'll leave the gate open.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry; I was refreshing the previous page of the thread, and didn't see this right away. For some reason, Copper won't let me into your town; says someone else must be trying to get in right now. I'll give it a minute and try again.

Stopped by Janet's town tonight. Nice grass! No artificial turf in Texas, it's the real deal! Wow!

Thanks for the wistful painting! Every time Redd sells me one, it's always a fake.

Time to catch some oak silk moths! Whoops, just scared one away! LOL.

It was nice seeing you, Miranda, I really liked your character's hair!

Janet, I know I said I'd meet up with you and Robert in his town, but Copper won't show his town as open to me. Maybe he doesn't have me registered. Oh, well. I agree with Miranda; your town rocks. Thanks for inviting me! Oh, and thanks for the paintings and the silver tools!!

EDIT: Oh, now it shows Robert's gate as open. But it still won't let me in.

[quote name='Miranda']If it's raining in your town, you won't see any tarantulas, unfortunately - they don't come out during the rain. :whistle2:( But I think rain makes more oak silk moths, lantern flies, and goliath beetles appear on trees. I've been trying to stock up on oak silk moths for tomorrow's bug-off, but keep scaring them away.

EDIT: Does anybody have Japan's new DLC yet?

http://accf.wikispaces.com/Paper+Doll

I'd like to catalog it if anyone has it.[/QUOTE]

I've been behind on the dlc. I still need the fish banner and umbrella, and the headgear.

Robert, it's not letting me into your town. Guess I'll do some more tarantula hunting. I'm determined to get one tonight!

No, thank you Miranda, you gave me like 3 thousand paintings :lol:
And thank you for the compliments on my grass. I've actually been walking on it a lot lately and it's still holding up. Must be because of summer.

[quote name='prim4444']my gates open again, Miranda's here right now also, if you wanna give it another try[/QUOTE]

I'll try again in a few; I'm in the city right now. Hoping Resetti's base will be open.

Eeek, I got bumped out of town again.

EDIT: And again. I think your internet connection just doesn't like me, Robert. Anyway, I think I'm done for the night. Thank you, and Romeo, and Miranda, and Janet. You guys are great. :)

That was fun last night!

Every time I come back from Robert's town, it makes me want to chop down almost all of my trees.

Ooh, looks like the Nookington's in my town is finally downgrading back to Nook N Go! I voted on it with 3 characters a few days ago, so I wondered what was taking Nook so long to make the change. Nookington's was great for all the flower seeds, but I don't need any more. And he never sells any furniture I don't already have, so I'd rather have the better hours.

So far, it doesn't look like Janet's charm helped my turnip prices. Maybe it doesn't take effect until next week.

I didn't catch many bugs last night - well, a few, but most didn't get saved. Time for the Bug-Off!

WHOA! 107 points for my goliath beetle!

Here are the rest of my bug point values:

91 oak silk moth
85 rainbow stag
73 lantern fly

I don't think I'll turn in any more unless someone in town beats my 107 score.

I am back!!! Luckily, Nook took another poll on the store. Was stuck with Nook N Go for almost a month... should have Nookington's back within a week. I will be looking for flowers... and if anyone needs them, I have the complete chess set to give/sell/catalog/trade as well as the complete citrus series to give/sell/catalog/trade.

sorry about not coming back after we got booted last night. I had to stop playing anyway. I thought the oak silk moth would be the big bug in the bug off competition today.. He gave me 72 points for it. I got over 100 points for the birdwing butterfly.

Man, I guess I missed out last night.

I was surprised that the oak silk moth is considered rare. I got 83 points in the bug-off for that, and 93 for the goliath beetle (which definitely is rare in my town). But the oak silk moths, I see at least 3 of them every day during any given 30-60 minute play session.

My wife and I were alternating turning in bugs. Partially in an attempt to maximize prizes, but mostly to get a sense of what things were worth (points). She won with a Rainbow Stag netting - pun intended - 102 points. Couldn't get 8 Oak Silks, 4 Goliaths, or 1 Birdwing to even top the 100 mark.

[quote name='rocky435']Can I stop in someones town and get some apples or pears??? Please :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sure. I can share some apples, and pears are my native fruit. What's your info?

My info is rocky435 FC:5284-5236-5346
town:hamville
fruit: oranges.

I hope your still on. I'm playing right now. If not i can meet you tomorrow. ;)

[quote name='rocky435']Can I stop in someones town and get some apples or pears??? Please :cry:[/QUOTE]

And if you can't catch Matt on, I have a bunch of fruit trees growing in my town that should be ready to pick tomorrow.

[quote name='Matt Young']I was just on, but it says that neither you nor Trillian has added me.[/QUOTE]

? I could have sworn I added you, but I may be misremembering. Let hop on and check in. I'm sorry if I did forget!

EDIT: You're in my friends list, but I don't see that little heart next to your name. I've tried re-adding you, see if that helps.

My gate is currently open, if anybody feels like visiting.

Congratulations. I haven't so much as seen one since the first and only time, a few weeks ago, when the little bastard jumped into the river as soon as I saw him on the very left side of my screen. Where do I find these things?

Just wanted to say hi again to a bunch of you, and bye. I traded in ACCF this past week with the 40% bonus credit deal @ GS, so I probably won't be on for a while. I had fun with Paul, Janet, and many others and hope to find you guys on other games.

Once I paid off the mortgages and got all the town upgrades the game left me wanting more. Collecting the bugs/fish was fun for a couple of months, but I guess I am not a die hard AC fan like many of you. I'm very curious to see what the next offering has, because there seems like great potential for enhancements.

Something is wonky I need to check my wiiconnect setting again but I haven't the got dlc which is latter shades which reminds me of kanye west's last album graduation where he popularized them again.

http://us.wii.com/animalcrossing.jsp

Has anyone gotten them yet? today/tomorrow is the last day to get them!! :cry:

Hopefully i don't need to go into someone's town but if i do that's cool but i like when the luigi themed stork hands me the mail. :D

bread's done
Back