Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
All I need someone to rescue City Hunter

hbzQgYs.jpg

I'm not really feeling it for the new DBZ movie. Kind of like how i'm going to hold off on 90 minutes of Hellsing Ultimate (IX & X) because it's $27, lol. Seems like Bebop might be my last day-1 anime of the year (and I'm debating on switching to standard too). 

I'm actually going to try and save up as much as I can because the frickin' holidays are right around the corner now. Not to mention... SALES!

I'm not really feeling it for the new DBZ movie. Kind of like how i'm going to hold off on 90 minutes of Hellsing Ultimate (IX & X) because it's $27, lol. Seems like Bebop might be my last day-1 anime of the year (and I'm debating on switching to standard too).

I'm actually going to try and save up as much as I can because the frickin' holidays are right around the corner now. Not to mention... SALES!
wallets are going on lockdown after next week when ps tv comes out. made my final anime purchase until the sales start

Doubt it. Seems like the Season sets are as good as it will get for the original series. Shippuden would have to finish in America before season sets are made, most likely.

So my seller, clover media replied and said that they will give me a refund for partial amount and I get to keep it. They asked me what's a fair price for it. I'm thinking that I should just ask for shipping since the price w/o shipping was something I'd expect from $10 for that condition.
Unless if you think I should get more, in open to suggestions...

Also on the other note.. I got a thank you card from rightstuf from ordering gargantia from them. It made me feel nice :)

So my seller, clover media replied and said that they will give me a refund for partial amount and I get to keep it. They asked me what's a fair price for it. I'm thinking that I should just ask for shipping since the price w/o shipping was something I'd expect from $10 for that condition.
Also on the other note.. I got a thank you card from rightstuf from ordering gargantia from them. It made me feel nice :)
Yea I noticed they have a hand written packing slip in each box now.

Doubt it. Seems like the Season sets are as good as it will get for the original series. Shippuden would have to finish in America before season sets are made, most likely.
The manga does end in 5 weeks...so that may not be too far away

Yeah. Maybe in a year or two. But a Complete Collection Set? Not likely. Viz would rather milk Naruto for whats its worth as long as possible. 

The manga does end in 5 weeks...so that may not be too far away
I give it 2 or so years before we start getting bigger Shippuden sets (of course Olengie says the same as I type this). I'll buy it when Naruto Shippuden Kai hits in 2035 and gets cancelled halfway through the process because it's too hard to edit and upscale old footage.

It's all about Naruto GT.
Makes me wonder what life will be like after Kishimoto is done with Naruto. Sell out (Naruto GT)? Retire? Make another manga? Do character designs? Assist with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Thunder Typhoon 3 Maximum Burst?

The possibilities are endless!

It's so hard to find the original series tho. Shippuden not so much but just expensive in general.

I seriously think you guys cleared Gohastings out of any good anime weeks ago. =S
Sorry :(

Well depends on how much you spend on shipping. 5 bucks is what Amazon usually gives back.

Makes me wonder what life will be like after Kishimoto is done with Naruto. Sell out (Naruto GT)? Retire? Make another manga? Do character designs? Assist with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Thunder Typhoon 3 Maximum Burst?

The possibilities are endless!
Those games will release forever.

I mean, look at Dragonball (Z). The show has been over for years, yet they're still releasing games.

Those games will release forever.

I mean, look at Dragonball (Z). The show has been over for years, yet they're still releasing games.
We don't talk about those games. They are absolute shite. Hopefully Xenoverse changes it but I highly doubt it at this point. Give me a straight 3D fighter with every character, every map and the general storyline from DB-GT and everyone will buy it. The Naruto games on the otherhand are so much better and fluid

Amazon has the Season half-sets for $15-$20 a piece.
4 seasons with 2 half sets each so about 80 for all of the original and another 200 for shippuden. still a little expensive considering how much filler there is.

I think asking for a refund on shipping is fair all around. They'd have to ship it to someone else if you returned it anyway, so the $10 would be what they'd make on selling it again. Plus $10 for a "standard" edition is a good price for you as well.

We don't talk about those games. They are absolute shite. Hopefully Xenoverse changes it but I highly doubt it at this point. Give me a straight 3D fighter with every character, every map and the general storyline from DB-GT and everyone will buy it. The Naruto games on the otherhand are so much better and fluid

4 seasons with 2 half sets each so about 80 for all of the original and another 200 for shippuden. still a little expensive considering how much filler there is.
Not all of the DBZ games are bad.

So I got $6 instead of $5 from Clover Media (who has wonderful and fast customer services). I decided because Dr. Deals had some copies left for $13.99 that I would buy another copy to hope for a good box. So with the $6 I only paid $8, which means that I'll only spend under $25 for Sankarea LE and if the one from Dr Deals is in pristine condition, then it will all be worth it.

^ I actually grabbed another copy myself for a friend. Figured I might as well grab it for them as they are into wei-- I mean interesting stuff like this. Dr. Deals all the way.

Does BB not carry anime anymore (in-store at least)? They never have the DBZ seasons and didn't have Battle of Gods today.
BB still carries anime to my knowledge. Was just there last week. They had DBZ S2 Blu ray, some Bleach, Naruto Shippuden movie and set 4 I think it was, DBZ GT complete, and From Up on Poppy Hill.

I bought some of the stuff they had including Akira Blu Ray and Soul Eater Complete.

BB in general won't stock up on anime until maybe November when black friday rolls around.

Your best bet for rn is to go on Amazon or if you see something you like buy it online from Bestbuy and when it gets to the store PM it to Amazon and get the difference back in cash which I've done before with games and some tv series that weren't in store but I had a BB certificate for

And GoHastings has once again let me down by shipping through UPS Mail Innovations. Gundam The Movie II Soldiers of Sorrow shipped from Canada so not sure how long that'll take and 0080 has yet to ship but the seller works nonstop so I'm not mad, very apologetic about the delay. 

Trying to hold myself back but there are so many series and box sets on eBay that it's driving me insane

BB still carries anime to my knowledge. Was just there last week. They had DBZ S2 Blu ray, some Bleach, Naruto Shippuden movie and set 4 I think it was, DBZ GT complete, and From Up on Poppy Hill.

I bought some of the stuff they had including Akira Blu Ray and Soul Eater Complete.

BB in general won't stock up on anime until maybe November when black friday rolls around.

Your best bet for rn is to go on Amazon or if you see something you like buy it online from Bestbuy and when it gets to the store PM it to Amazon and get the difference back in cash which I've done before with games and some tv series that weren't in store but I had a BB certificate for
They get what they get according to the planogram now. If they get a title and it is on the planogram then sometimes they put it out. If it is not then it'll sit in the warehouse and you may have to ask for them to grab it in the back. Many BB's are in a transition phase as Anderson no longer stocks for them and it has gone back to being done by the employees themselves. Also most BB's have a new bigger New Release island which houses the music and movies on it together. That is where I had to find DBZ this morning. :( As is wasn't in the anime (small) section. Nor on the other two New Release islands. Man I miss the old days when their anime section actually was decent.

They what they get according to the planogram. If they get a title and it is on the planogram. If it is not then it'll sit in the warehouse and you may have to ask for them to grab it in the back. Many BB's are in a transition phase as Anderson no longer stocks for them and it has gone back to being done by the employees themselves. Also most BB's have a new bigger New Release island which houses the music and movies on it together. That is where I had to find DBZ this morning. :( As is wasn't in the anime (small) section. Nor on the other two New Release islands. Man I miss the old days when their anime section actually was decent.

Didn't know about the stocking situation perhaps that's why a lot of titles don't read in store but are there. Nonetheless the bestbuy anime section is hella weak. It's hard for me at least to find something worthwhile or something I don't own. One thing I'd like to note though there are online stock along with target is pretty big for some oop stuff. It's not like I go to bb much anyways unless I have a rewards certificate or there is a big sale. May stop by next week for the ps tv however I have some returns at Walmart to make so I may just buy it there.

Might I add that target in store had a ton of DBZ bricks however I've been waiting for a funi and amazon sale on the blu ray sets. I have brick one tho

^^^

Yeah the anime section at BB is a shell of its former glory. Most of the stuff is what you mentioned before.

And yeah I noticed Target does have some of the DBZ bricks.

^^^

Yeah the anime section at BB is a shell of its former glory. Most of the stuff is what you mentioned before.

And yeah I noticed Target does have some of the DBZ bricks.
Just going to hold out till November. I know for fact that every black friday my local BB's get a shit ton of movies and tv shows many of which they didn't have before and just throw them in a huge free for all bin. Perhaps some anime will be included.

As for the orange bricks they would be worth something maybe 4 years ago but now with the blu ray re-re-releases they are not as valuable. However, I did also find some Studio Ghibli stuff which was pretty noteworthy considering they were all blu's. Nothing else though.

Speaking of Studio Ghibli shout out to all the saps that buy the "Studio Ghibli" collection on eBay as if there really is one. Bootleg sellers be making 20 bucks a pop on something they imported or made at home.

Don't expect Best Buy to stock anything more than Funimation and Viz titles. Even then, the pickings are slim for that. Also, the other thing they would stock up on would be Studio Ghibli titles, but every other retailer also sells that. They also had Bandai media but those should've been sold out a long time ago.

From what I've seen, the only thing Best Buy put on sale were $5 copies of Naruto the Stone of Gelel and Bleach Memories of Nobody, Death Note OVAs, and 2.99 copies of two Inuyasha Movies.

I don't know about you, but I got my GoHastings Order within a week, even with UPS Innovation. In fact, my UPS Innovation order came before USPS. 

Don't expect Best Buy to stock anything more than Funimation and Viz titles. Even then, the pickings are slim for that. Also, the other thing they would stock up on would be Studio Ghibli titles, but every other retailer also sells that. They also had Bandai media but those should've been sold out a long time ago.

From what I've seen, the only thing Best Buy put on sale were $5 copies of Naruto the Stone of Gelel and Bleach Memories of Nobody, Death Note OVAs, and 2.99 copies of two Inuyasha Movies.

I don't know about you, but I got my GoHastings Order within a week, even with UPS Innovation. In fact, my UPS Innovation order came before USPS.
When I had two orders one from USPS and the other from UPS I the USPS came first then the UPS even though it was 2 hours away from me on a Thursday. It wasn't delivered till a Saturday which is bs imo

Hmmm. Well I wouldn't mind picking up some movies come black friday. I'm sure amazon, hastings, second spin and deep discount will be crazy though. Probably going to pick up some sentai stuff then and aot maybe dbz blus

I have no idea why they even call it a sale. The only plus is that most of the stuff they have in it are cheaper than anywhere else (that I know of). 

I have a serious fucking problem lol. Just picked up Code Geass R2 for 25 bucks shipped. Not bad at all actually really cheap considering its OOP. Now I have all of Geass. R1 with the three limited edition box sets and now R2 Anime Legends. 

Still waiting on 0080 to be shipped smh but I'm remaining hopeful

Think its worth waiting for the Holiday Sale from RS to pick up Honey and Clover? Each set is $17.99 right now after FALL2014 coupon and Gotanime discount but never experienced the holiday sale myself yet!

Think its worth waiting for the Holiday Sale from RS to pick up Honey and Clover? Each set is $17.99 right now after FALL2014 coupon and Gotanime discount but never experienced the holiday sale myself yet!
If you like shoujo shows then that's a good deal. I think I got it from the holiday sale a couple years ago for about $17 a box and it's a pretty awesome show so it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

bread's done
Back