Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
[C] Control was one of my favorite shows for that year. Fighting using the economy interested me greatly. Too bad it will never get a second season

Masakaki is truly a wonderful character and one of my favorites of all time.
I saw a episode on Funi App and thought it looked pretty good. Took me forever to finally get a copy around my price range.

I saw a episode on Funi App and thought it looked pretty good. Took me forever to finally get a copy around my price range.
how much did you pay for it? Amazon has it for about 45 I think when I last looked it up. Sounds interesting. Nice box as well

Which Bebop Set do you guys think is better?

I have both preordered and will cancel one.
The Funi record box looks awesome but I'm not sure how it feels. Amazon seems to have the standard le with an artbook that most retailers are doing nowadays. Personally I'd wait for anime classics or a drop in the straight blu ray. Solely because nothing truly standouts and even just getting the blu ray will still net you the special features.

The Funi record box looks awesome but I'm not sure how it feels. Amazon seems to have the standard le with an artbook that most retailers are doing nowadays. Personally I'd wait for anime classics or a drop in the straight blu ray. Solely because nothing truly standouts and even just getting the blu ray will still net you the special features.
I think I might go for the Funi tbh.

The box is great and will be a nice display piece, also the artbooks I will skim through once.

Also the Funi one is more limited.

Solely because nothing truly standouts and even just getting the blu ray will still net you the special features.
That is honestly the most shocking thing. I would have bet money that the Special Features discs would have been LE-only like on major studio releases. I don't see why they put them on separate discs otherwise, unless they plan on dropping them for the inevitable Anime Classics version next winter.

Big news for Gundam fans

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000007457

Right Stuf, Inc. is excited to announce a new expanded distribution deal with Sunrise Inc. to release the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in North America.

The Mobile Suit Gundam franchise is a space opera anime that redefined the mecha genre. The original Mobile Suit Gundam series focused on using giant combat robots as a tool to win a war. This plot line structure strongly influenced future mecha series in the anime industry. In this newly expanded agreement, Right Stuf will continue to be the distribution arm for Sunrise as they work to re-release out-of-print Mobile Suit Gundam classic programming, along with the first-ever North American releases of Turn A Gundam, Gundam ZZ and more!

2014 marks the 35th anniversary of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime release in Japan. The original anime series was created and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino and aired on Nagoya Broadcasting Network from April 1979 – January 1980. It later inspired numerous manga, movies, videogames and anime spinoffs. To date, the Gundam franchise encompasses over 25 different series.

Had a feeling it was going to be announced since they had a panel. Good to see Rightstuf,and looking forward to Turn A(also glad I sold my original series for so much now)!

Ended up grabbing the new DBZ movie and the final part of Hellsing ultimate from Rightstuf. The sale price for Hellsing wasn't spectacular, but I reckon it was good enough. I'm really excited to see the additional twenty minutes of footage, as the base movie was fantastic!

Valvrave Season 2 coming out 1/20

TsOQVqd.jpg

That's great news for the Gundam series, whether it's DVD only or not.  I would definitely shell it out for Blu-Ray.

That said, I'm ready for this holiday season and the anime deals so I hope RightStuf likes money.  I'm also ready to think about a streaming service mostly for - or totally for - anime for some period of time.

While I will keep my old Bandai discs for what I have, I will definitely get these new releases for previously unreleased series.

The only problem is that means no dub for the new series. :(

^ Valvrave wasn't a bad series. Felt like it could've been a little more but for $240 (for both parts) I'll definitely pass. I would grab a UK release if it got licensed there though...

Rightstuf be praised! I'm fine if its DVDs only. But it would be nice if we can get the Blu Ray Sets already released, if they are releasing SEED and Wing, blah blah. The odds of that are slim though. I'm just happy we're getting them again.

Time for Mustache Gundam!

As for Valvrave, I liked the show. But some things about it are questionable, namely "that part" in Season 1. And not to mention the part where someone went complete stupid mode at the end of Season 2 causing an unfortunate mistake. Loved the mecha designs, except the Robot Boat.

I think I might go for the Funi tbh.

The box is great and will be a nice display piece, also the artbooks I will skim through once.

Also the Funi one is more limited.
It'll make a great display piece if you have the space and can ensure it won't be touched otherwise the binding will mess up. Artbooks while nice I skim through once at that more so I'd rather have a tight art box to always look at then an artbook with the same ole some ole. Funi is truly more limited. 5 years from now if we are still around on this forum we'll be posting that we picked up the amazon le for x amount of dollars.

That is honestly the most shocking thing. I would have bet money that the Special Features discs would have been LE-only like on major studio releases. I don't see why they put them on separate discs otherwise, unless they plan on dropping them for the inevitable Anime Classics version next winter.
They'll probably be dropped for the anime classics lineup, however, why bother with the le if all your getting is the packaging. Everyone gets the special features and they'll probably make their way to vimeo or youtube. not really limited smh

Yippeee. Was gonna start collecting the OG MSG but its so damn expensive so I opted for the movies which I still plan on collecting because they are still really really really good. Have one more to collect and I'll have MSG The Movies Complete

Rightstuf be praised! I'm fine if its DVDs only. But it would be nice if we can get the Blu Ray Sets already released, if they are releasing SEED and Wing, blah blah. The odds of that are slim though. I'm just happy we're getting them again.

As for Valvrave, I liked the show. But some things about it are questionable, namely "that part" in Season 1. And not to mention the part where someone went complete stupid mode at the end of Season 2 causing an unfortunate mistake. Loved the mecha designs, except the Robot Boat.
SEED and Wing will probably get a re-release in the future if anything. This is just a test to see if NA still longs for Gundam. I'd rather seem them put out 00 and Z because those are a lot harder to come by alongside MSG. I too am happy we're getting them..

CAG ON

Yeah, I know what you're referring to. It had a lot of questionable writing/scenes but it was somewhat unique with the way the mechas worked.
Is it bad I felt bad for Marie more than Haruto?
Actually, I haven't seen too many mecha series so I could be wrong but with this Gundam thing happening, that will hopefully change now. I've been wanting to watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam for ages (my memories from it being on Toonami are pretty foggy).

And shhhhh.... he lurks around here so be quiet, guyz.

I hope this will allow for more re-releases of long sought after Gundam anime and allow for other series that never made their way west to be well made way westward. Of course with this comes the issue of price. Unicorn Blu's are exorbitantly expensive, however, the DVDs not so much which makes me wonder if they'll release DVDs to garner more sales or Blu for more profit. Also will there be a collectors edition of the 34th anniversary of Mobile Suit. Maybe with a collectible Amuro in Gundam figurine or Char  

Thinking about collecting Bleach for the hell of it and someone told me to only collect Box Sets 1-5 which cover the major arc and after that its pure filler and really really bad. What would you guys advise me to collect in terms of box sets. For example Naruto you only collect 1-10 and the movies. So 1-5 and maybe another? 1-4 and say 22? Please help thanks

I hope this will allow for more re-releases of long sought after Gundam anime and allow for other series that never made their way west to be well made way westward. Of course with this comes the issue of price. Unicorn Blu's are exorbitantly expensive, however, the DVDs not so much which makes me wonder if they'll release DVDs to garner more sales or Blu for more profit. Also will there be a collectors edition of the 34th anniversary of Mobile Suit. Maybe with a collectible Amuro in Gundam figurine or Char
The Unicorn Blus are put out by Bandai of Japan themselves. Rightstuf doesn't do Blu-ray at all.

That being said, virtually every release they have done start out as a thinpak LE with interview/note booklet.

No. Sets 1-4 cover the first 2 Manga arcs, but the third is split up into so many smaller arcs that the anime literally just stops the story several times to show the filler arcs. And they bleed into the Canon sets so outside of the Bount arc they cannot be fully skipped.

No. Sets 1-4 cover the first 2 Manga arcs, but the third is split up into so many smaller arcs that the anime literally just stops the story several times to show the filler arcs. And they bleed into the Canon sets so outside of the Bount arc they cannot be fully skipped.
So what do you recommend. Someone also said 1-3 and the movie gives you the gist of Bleach since after 3 the sets get smaller and smaller and the filler gets bigger and bigger. What are the specific box sets I should buy or should I skip it altogether

So what do you recommend. Someone also said 1-3 and the movie gives you the gist of Bleach since after 3 the sets get smaller and smaller and the filler gets bigger and bigger. What are the specific box sets I should buy or should I skip it altogether
I would have to go through an episode list, but...I recommend the Manga instead. Not as much bad filler and way better art.

I would have to go through an episode list, but...I recommend the Manga instead. Not as much bad filler and way better art.
Or just, like... avoiding Bleach entirely.

Bleach was a guilty pleasure of mine until the end but the anime is really a mess. I can't recommend it to anyone. Go on Hulu and watch the better episodes then avoid the fillers like the plague. If the anime did something right, they did a good job of separating the filler and canon arcs so none of the fillery garbage ever seeped in. 

A good filler guide was made here: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach Look at all that red (It's not Naruto bad though)

On a side note, Bleach is wrapping up on Adult Swim on November 1st after being aired for eight years straight. Adult Swim has no plans to put it on a rerun cycle either.

Bleach was a guilty pleasure of mine until the end but the anime is really a mess. I can't recommend it to anyone. Go on Hulu and watch the better episodes then avoid the fillers like the plague. If the anime did something right, they did a good job of separating the filler and canon arcs so none of the fillery garbage ever seeped in.

A good filler guide was made here: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach Look at all that red (It's not Naruto bad though)

On a side note, Bleach is wrapping up on Adult Swim on November 1st after being aired for eight years straight. Adult Swim has no plans to put it on a rerun cycle either.
actually by that site bleach is worse than naruto... bleach comes in at 45% filler naruto comes in at 41% gotta love one piece is only 14% filler :p

when you mentioned "that part" in season, are you talking about the one with Saki? i liked that it actually steer away from your regular mecha type anime directions, and showed a little originality and boldness

bread's done
Back