Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Gunslinger Girl manga bundle worth biting on? I don't remember a lot of the details of the anime, but I dug it.  Does the manga continue past where the anime left off and finish up the story or does it end on a cliffhanger? 

The first season mixes in the first few volumes with some original stuff, while the second season covers most of the next few. Volumes 7 and up were never animated and the story gets even more depressing.

thanks for the replies, any chance it gets cheaper during the holiday sales or should I be safe buying now?  I'd probably pull the trigger now if gotanime stacked.  I haven't bought any manga before so I don't really know how low it can get sale wise for new stuff.  I'm guessing around $5 per volume new is decent and less than $5 is a great deal.  Is that about right?

seller did indeed ship Gundam and it should get here Saturday according to the tracking. Miscommunication. Hopefully Eden gets here too

thanks for the replies, any chance it gets cheaper during the holiday sales or should I be safe buying now? I'd probably pull the trigger now if gotanime stacked. I haven't bought any manga before so I don't really know how low it can get sale wise for new stuff. I'm guessing around $5 per volume new is decent and less than $5 is a great deal. Is that about right?
I am not sure how much the bundle is, but most of the manga is in Omnibus form. Volumes 1-6 were originally released by ADV, but stopped when they went under. When the license was picked back up,it was released in 2-volume Omnibuses except for the final volume. I believe they are about $15 MSRP.

I am hoping the image is for the standard edition if Set 2 since it has that ugly blue bar and doesn't match set 1.
gotta be the limited since the standard is dvd only, but it's probably just one of those toppers that'll fall off when unwrapped, since they made it a point to note that set 2s box matches set 1.

No updates on Hastings order via UPS Innovations. *sigh* Need me some Eden of the East. Read somewhere Oasis does the OP. Oasis is my favorite band. 

thanks for the replies, any chance it gets cheaper during the holiday sales or should I be safe buying now? I'd probably pull the trigger now if gotanime stacked. I haven't bought any manga before so I don't really know how low it can get sale wise for new stuff. I'm guessing around $5 per volume new is decent and less than $5 is a great deal. Is that about right?
normally $5 is the lowest you will get so some thing close to that would be good. I would say that is probably the best deal you will find for the whole collection.

No updates on Hastings order via UPS Innovations. *sigh* Need me some Eden of the East. Read somewhere Oasis does the OP. Oasis is my favorite band.
Oasis does the opening for only the first episode in the english release. The Japanese broadcast had it all the way through though. It was replaced for the english release because it would have cost extra money to keep it, just like girls on film was replaced on speed grapher.

Oasis does the opening for only the first episode in the english release. The Japanese broadcast had it all the way through though. It was replaced for the english release because it would have cost extra money to keep it, just like girls on film was replaced on speed grapher.
Wow. Way to crush my feelings man. Oh well guess I'll be watching the first episode over and over. Love me some Oasis.

Cowboy Bebop Premium Sets https://twitter.com/WTK/status/520662269244739584

Funimation:

BznDkpwIcAAGpFK.jpg

Amazon:

BznDkneIIAAjOli.jpg

I wonder if Funimation's set includes a case? I have the Amazon one pre-ordered for $70 but I've been heavily debating on switching to standard.

Well, now I don't feel so bad. :D
That's funny, because I was thinking that I might be able to help you out with getting it for that price.

I dunno, the thing is I already have the show on both DVD and Blu Ray, so the only thing I would be getting out of this set is Region A coding, the box, and the art books.

That's funny, because I was thinking that I might be able to help you out with getting it for that price.

I dunno, the thing is I already have the show on both DVD and Blu Ray, so the only thing I would be getting out of this set is Region A coding, the box, and the art books.
I already own it on DVD, but I'm not exactly clamoring for the Blu-ray format, so unless I could get it for ~$30 or so (which would be likelier for the standard edition later on anyway), I'm fine with passing.

Now where is a good place to find a 9 disk bluray box for when amazon sends us a broken one :p?
Instead of buying a new one how about you email Amazon about it or go to their live chat. When that happened to a Wii U game they had my discard everything and sent me a free replacement. Try it

0080 War in the Pocket and Gundam Movie II just arrived and pristine condition. 0080 volume 2 doesn't have the insert but at this point I looked so hard for a copy that I'm not gonna fret or rebuy 

Instead of buying a new one how about you email Amazon about it or go to their live chat. When that happened to a Wii U game they had my discard everything and sent me a free replacement. Try it
I was sort of joking since those multidisc bluray boxes almost always come broken whenever I get them from amazon.

They are usually pretty quick to replace them but who knows how much overstock collectors editions they are going to have and they will most likely only offer a partial refund to make up for the damaged item.

This one could be better packed though since it's a bluray case inside of an art box. I remember thinking Cardcaptor Sakura would have issues with the clampshell case but the art box seemed to protect it pretty well.

Now where is a good place to find a 9 disk bluray box for when amazon sends us a broken one :p?
Ugh, don't remind me. I'm still waiting for them to send me my Psych complete series; one of those cheap plastic stacking trays, surrounded by thin cardboard, encased in a plastic box.

They're going to end up shipping me a dozen of them before I get one that isn't cracked.

[C] Control was one of my favorite shows for that year. Fighting using the economy interested me greatly. Too bad it will never get a second season

Masakaki is truly a wonderful character and one of my favorites of all time.

bread's done
Back