Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get Kai for $20-$25 a set Used by using sales and coupon codes.
Kai's Blu-rays just have character portraits (Goku charging a Kamehameha, SS Goku vs. Freeza, Trunks killing Freza, and Goku & Gohan firing a Kamehameha) on the cover art whereas DBZ OG have scenes. It also has the word "Kai" on the cover. ^_^
Assuming you mean the seasons, ehh I little too high for me lol. If they go to 16 a season I'm down haha

Got my Devil Survivor 2 set from Go Hastings today and the slipcover is really sweet. It is simple, has a shimmering background, and no ugly blue bar. Sentai may just be starting with slips, but they are great at them.

Got my Devil Survivor 2 set from Go Hastings today and the slipcover is really sweet. It is simple, has a shimmering background, and no ugly blue bar. Sentai may just be starting with slips, but they are great at them.
Blue bar? I thought it was on DVD only.

I didn't even realize this was a thing. It's sub only, yeah? Any news on a dub or blu release?

I didn't even realize this was a thing. It's sub only, yeah? Any news on a dub or blu release?
Yeah, I had no idea it was even licensed. RS page says it's dubbed.

EDIT: Guessing the Blu was pushed back after the whole Persona 4 Animation thing went down with it being dub only and it causing a bit of a fuss.

Speaking of Devil Survivor 2, I never grabbed the game as I knew a 3DS upgrade was out in Japan. I wonder if we'll ever get that?

Yeah, I had no idea it was even licensed. RS page says it's dubbed.

EDIT: Guessing the Blu was pushed back after the whole Persona 4 Animation thing went down with it being dub only and it causing a bit of a fuss.

Speaking of Devil Survivor 2, I never grabbed the game as I knew a 3DS upgrade was out in Japan. I wonder if we'll ever get that?
The 3DS port of DeSu2 was actually delayed in Japan and won't be out there till next year (Jan 29th 2015)

So add more time to that for a western release.

Non Non Biyori is $26.66 in the DD sale. I passed on it during the RS sale, but I might just pick it up at that price.

any highlights?
Mononoke for 12 is a pretty good deal. And if your interested in Discotek series,then those are on sale for some pretty good prices. Everything else on there has been cheaper. Speaking of Discotek is their any differences between the first Lupin set they release compared to the newer one?

For any Gundam fans out there, it was announced that Rightstuf has successfully negotiated the release rights for some specific Gundam series from Sunrise. Previously, it was understood that Sunrise was looking to sell the Gundam western release rights as a package deal. This deal opens the door for more Gundam series releases in the west at reasonable prices.

At the moment, we can expect the original Gundam series to see a re-release, as well as a western release of Turn-A Gundam. The first Gundam series has been released before, but this will be the first time Turn-A Gundam has gotten a western release. Hopefully this development will lead to some of the other unreleased Gundam series finally seeing the light of day.

For any Gundam fans out there, it was announced that Rightstuf has successfully negotiated the release rights for some specific Gundam series from Sunrise. Previously, it was understood that Sunrise was looking to sell the Gundam western release rights as a package deal. This deal opens the door for more Gundam series releases in the west at reasonable prices.

At the moment, we can expect the original Gundam series to see a re-release, as well as a western release of Turn-A Gundam. The first Gundam series has been released before, but this will be the first time Turn-A Gundam has gotten a western release. Hopefully this development will lead to some of the other unreleased Gundam series finally seeing the light of day.
Yeah, saw that earlier this week. Those two along with ZZ Gundam were announced. But it sounds like The Origin & Reconguista in G might be handled by Bandai Visual(like Gundam Unicorn BDs' were) judging from the story when they come out.

But hopefully that might mean Gundam X gets a release here eventually.

Mononoke for 12 is a pretty good deal. And if your interested in Discotek series,then those are on sale for some pretty good prices. Everything else on there has been cheaper. Speaking of Discotek is their any differences between the first Lupin set they release compared to the newer one?
New one comes with the pilot, and the box is different. other than that, its the same. still no dub either :(

Girls Und Panzer OAV is $20.85, slightly lower than I recall ever seeing it (but I may be wrong)

Non Non Biyori's list price looks wrong, which is why I think it's so cheap.

Chuunibyo (DVD) $26.66 (though I already ordered the Bluray on Rightstuf)

Girls Und Panzer OAV is $20.85, slightly lower than I recall ever seeing it (but I may be wrong)

Non Non Biyori's list price looks wrong, which is why I think it's so cheap.

Chuunibyo (DVD) $26.66 (though I already ordered the Bluray on Rightstuf)
Yeah, Non Non Biyori's MSRP looks off. I'll probably go ahead and order it, even though it will most likely get cancelled.

Checking out Fandom Post speculation is that Funimation is releasing these

One Piece Collection 11

Fairy Tail Collection 3

A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 Blu-ray/DVD

Chaos;Head Blu-ray/DVD S.A.V.E. Collection

One Piece Collection 11

Fairy Tail Colelction 3

Figures that would happen just as I get part 5 and 6.

One Piece Collection 11

Fairy Tail Collection 3

ill likely get the three good ones on that list, and continue to not own the one that I would only wish upon my worst enemies... and even then it might be to mean to make them watch that garbage. (you can figure out which one I can talking about :p)

ill likely get the three good ones on that list, and continue to not own the one that I would only wish upon my worst enemies... and even then it might be to mean to make them watch that garbage. (you can figure out which one I can talking about :p)
One Piece?

One Piece?
nah one piece, fairy tail, and index are all really solid shows... it's chaos head that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies as it's easily top 10 worst anime I have ever seen. it's has just a good enough first few episodes to give you hope... and continues to just be terrible adding more terrible on top of terrible, and then decides to just start making up stuff (literally, they start explaining things but only in made up terms) for the sake of terribleness @_@

(I figured you could figure out which one as index in general is well regarded and the other two were long running shonen shows which most people either both like, both hate, or hate fairy tail :p)

nah one piece, fairy tail, and index are all really solid shows... it's chaos head that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies as it's easily top 10 worst anime I have ever seen. it's has just a good enough first few episodes to give you hope... and continues to just be terrible adding more terrible on top of terrible, and then decides to just start making up stuff (literally, they start explaining things but only in made up terms) for the sake of terribleness @_@
and was thinking about getting the le box set. glad i didn't dip

Yeah, Chaos;head was all kinds of bad. But I guess one good thing to come from it was it's showing the SAVE sets are including Blus again since Baka & Test was DVD only when it hit the SAVE line. 

I liked it. Enought to buy the LE for it.

Gotta have it along with Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes.
Steins;gate was honestly the only one that stuck to me out of those three. Chaos;head being eh and Robotics;head I tried to like but I got bored of it. Part 2 is still between the $30-40 range for god knows why.

^^^

Yeah not sure as to why Part 2 is so much. I got lucky and got it for cheap. Around $20 maybe irrc.

I liked Robotics;Notes, it was better then Chaos;Head haha.

Steins;gate was honestly the only one that stuck to me out of those three. Chaos;head being eh and Robotics;head I tried to like but it never stuck to me. Part 2 is still between the $30-40 range for god knows why.
I still need to watch steins gate, but everything I know about it says I should enjoy it... just can't watch it without the wife thus it's been on hold.

robotic's note was alright from what I saw and I wouldn't mind continuing it but it wasn't good enough for me to watch as it was airing...

and then there was chaos head... a show that I watched with my college buddy.... where most of the enjoyment from the show was how offensively bad it was and how it had just enough going for it to give you hope it would turn it around and get better, just to repeatedly troll you and take the worst route every single time. I hear the game it's based on is actually pretty good, but the actual anime is just GAH @_@ I'd rather watch Mars of Destruction 12 times in a row.

The only cool thing about Chaos;head was the protagonist having a manpad within a giant metal crate, lol. Actually it's been a while since I saw it, but I only watched it because of the Steins;gate connection and then I learned that it didn't much of a connection to it all.

(I figured you could figure out which one as index in general is well regarded and the other two were long running shonen shows which most people either both like, both hate, or hate fairy tail :p)
Take THAT, Olengie!

Sure, that joke would have been better had I made it in a timelier fashion yesterday. But I didn't, so here we are.

At the point that the message I quoted was added you had just said you liked Chaos;Head when he started bashing it.  Most people would keep day old comments that are no longer relevant to themselves.  I decided not to do so :D

Edit:  I can't remember, when Funimation announced they were doing the Railgun blu ray set, did they say they were doing it for both seasons, or have they only committed to the first one?  I don't want to get rid of the DVDs only to find out that their combined set for Season 2 is dvd only.

Anyone here own a copy of When they cry? Is it worth the price it commands and what other anime out there is similar to it.
yup, very good show. max id spend on it though would be 80ish (only since the other season of it is about that price - umineko) there isn't to much released on dvd/blu-ray that matches it (again except for the NISA series Umineko).

Its a true blend of mystery and extreme violence best reco would be corpse party (but its not licensed)

Anyone here own a copy of When they cry? Is it worth the price it commands and what other anime out there is similar to it.
I own the whole series when they originally released the series by individual dvds, really spooky anime and it was one of my favorites from back in the day.

I like it, but I suggest trying to find some way to see the first episode or to page through the first few chapters of the manga. I say this because if you're going to not like the show, you're really going to not like the show. As much as it pains me to say this, no I don't think it's worth the $130-$175 it seems to be going for right now. Sub $100 and it would be a decent pickup.

As an added bonus, here's some reviews that I found hilarious. They were posted on an Amazon listing for a set that is clearly a bootleg:

"This was a really great show the only question I had was, why is there 2 disc but four spots for the discs? I did enjoy it and I really am enjoying the joy of watching anime!"

"really great all episodes on 2 disks i have been looking for a good copy of this for a long time but found out you cant find one because the first company dropped selling it and making it so any copies that are out are literary the only copies out unless your lucky enough to find one this is your best bet."

"people say it's a bootleg…. oh well. it is exactly the when they cry higurashi anime. it isn't a bootleg. english dubbed….. but you can still watch in japanese and malay. it is the complete series…. and i would recommend this because it is WAYYYYYYYY cheaper than the "non-bootleg" complete series. the only difference is this dvd case looks cute and happy…. and has some…. enhanced chest parts (under clothes) but hey. money is money and this is the real deal and cheap."

"people say it's a bootleg…. oh well. it is exactly the when they cry higurashi anime. it isn't a bootleg. english dubbed….. but you can still watch in japanese and malay. it is the complete series…. and i would recommend this because it is WAYYYYYYYY cheaper than the "non-bootleg" complete series. the only difference is this dvd case looks cute and happy…. and has some…. enhanced chest parts (under clothes) but hey. money is money and this is the real deal and cheap."
Definitely a bootleg, i use to own the thin pack version, but i have the art box of it now, and there were most assuredly more than 2 disks. There were only 2 releases of the show. so either they are selling part of it (and ppl don't know bc of the way the arcs are set up) or its a fake.

bread's done
Back