Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside there are 2 booklets with character profiles and interview with the writers:

[video=youtube_share;8KaRmY0akj8]http://youtu.be/8KaRmY0akj8[/video]

I've only seen the first border, but... it's not as good as GitS:SAC.

And it's yet another timeline, since Togusa is in it. So it doesn't fit with the movies nor SAC. A lot of people don't like how Motoko looks, but this look reminds me of her SAC kid version, so it doesn't bother me. And considering we know she's had more than one body, why would she ever look identical.

Overall, I liked the first border enough to almost pay $40-50 a piece. I think a lot of people were disappointed.

Thanks. I was assuming it had something to do with people selling bootlegs. I'm guessing there isn't an easy way to get on that list.
I got an email from them a couple weeks ago because I'd previously sold a Blu-ray through them and the email made it sound like anyone can sell DVDs/Blu-rays as long as they're listed for under $24.99, but above that you have to purchase a professional seller plan and petition for the ability to sell it.

Thanks. I was assuming it had something to do with people selling bootlegs. I'm guessing there isn't an easy way to get on that list.
I got an email from them a couple weeks ago because I'd previously sold a Blu-ray through them and the email made it sound like anyone can sell DVDs/Blu-rays as long as they're listed for under $24.99, but above that you have to purchase a professional seller plan and petition for the ability to sell it.
Here is a copy of the email. Blu-rays seem to be unaffected? I haven't sold anything in quite some time.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide a great shopping experience, beginning November 17, 2014, only approved sellers will be eligible to list DVDs with Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) of $25 or greater. (Note: the MSRP is the same as the "List Price" on the Product Detail Page.) We are implementing this restriction because these products may have a higher risk of authenticity issues.

Based on your current performance, you are eligible to apply to sell DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater. The application process is described below. You will not be eligible to list DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater after November 17 unless your application is approved. Your eligibility to list DVDs with MSRPs of less than $25 or Blu-rays is not affected by this restriction.

Any listings by unapproved sellers for DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater will be removed on November 16, 2014. Relisting products you are not approved to sell or creating duplicate listings may result in the immediate suspension or removal of your selling privileges.

If you apply and you do not have an account with a Professional selling plan, you must agree to sign up for a Professional selling plan within 30 days after your application is approved. A Seller Support associate will follow-up to request additional information to complete your application. At that time, you will need to provide the following to the Seller Support associate:

1) Your primary source(s) of inventory
2) A minimum of three (3) invoices or purchase orders for inventory with MSRP greater than $25 that you plan to sell
3) A written summary of processes you have in place to prevent inauthentic goods from entering your inventory

Your application will be evaluated based on the information you supply.

Have they given a date for the latter two parts of Arise yet? I'll likely wait to buy the first two if the second half is still a ways off. I'm super iffy on it, though. GitS is one of my all time favorite IPs--I'm a gigantic cyber punk and transhumanism fan--but I don't like the new aesthetic look, and I also don't like that they have changed all the voices. It's also a bit disconcerting that we now have FOUR different continuities, but that just is what it is, I suppose.

BF stuff is usually excluded from Got Anime. The true best time to get it IMHO is when you will save enough to pay for it. For Example, i got it during the funi sale bc all the stuff i got/pre-ordered was covered under GA and saved me 15$ which paid for the membership + some.
Yeah, studio sales and the occasional oversight are the only times you'll ever get to use the Got Anime membership discount. That being said, I've never had any problems covering the cost. I've been a member ever since Borders went out of business and I shifted all of my manga purchases to them.
Thank you both! It makes sense that it doesn't get mentioned a lot more for a good reason or two. I didn't see enough on what I might want to pre-order to get it now (and most of that is excluded anyway).

It sounds like waiting on Arise is a good idea as well. BF just cannot come fast enough.

The only time to ever consider a GA account is if you want to renew Shonen Jump.

EDIT: Oh, wow. Just found out Welcome to the Space Show was licensed (with a dub too!) in America. Saw it many years ago at Otakon and it was magnificent. Arguably better than Ghibli. Also never seen an anime crowd cheer so loud at the end of the movie.

The only time to ever consider a GA account is if you want to renew Shonen Jump.

EDIT: Oh, wow. Just found out Welcome to the Space Show was licensed (with a dub too!) in America. Saw it many years ago at Otakon and it was magnificent. Arguably better than Ghibli. Also never seen an anime crowd cheer so loud at the end of the movie.
Ha thanks for reminding me, I actually do have to renew my shonen jump subscription and I don't have a GA membership. I seem to remember Shonen jump or RS having a promotion last black Friday for this. Though it always seems RS excludes anything I would buy lol.

Have they given a date for the latter two parts of Arise yet? I'll likely wait to buy the first two if the second half is still a ways off. I'm super iffy on it, though. GitS is one of my all time favorite IPs--I'm a gigantic cyber punk and transhumanism fan--but I don't like the new aesthetic look, and I also don't like that they have changed all the voices. It's also a bit disconcerting that we now have FOUR different continuities, but that just is what it is, I suppose.
Don't expect the next parts till around the same time next year. I don't see the issues with the voice cast change since this is a reboot(the Japanese cast was also changed).

Wish Amazon would price match BB for Battle of the Gods. Any reason not to shop at what has steadily become "Worst Buy"...
Aside from terrible customer service. Their anime selection is very bad so call ahead. Also slipcovers are becoming increasingly wrecked to the point where I don't even want to buy the movie no matter how rare it is. We're talking huge creases and tears. So call ahead. Ask some questions. CAG on

Here is a copy of the email. Blu-rays seem to be unaffected? I haven't sold anything in quite some time.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide a great shopping experience, beginning November 17, 2014, only approved sellers will be eligible to list DVDs with Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) of $25 or greater. (Note: the MSRP is the same as the "List Price" on the Product Detail Page.) We are implementing this restriction because these products may have a higher risk of authenticity issues.

Based on your current performance, you are eligible to apply to sell DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater. The application process is described below. You will not be eligible to list DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater after November 17 unless your application is approved. Your eligibility to list DVDs with MSRPs of less than $25 or Blu-rays is not affected by this restriction.

Any listings by unapproved sellers for DVDs with MSRPs of $25 or greater will be removed on November 16, 2014. Relisting products you are not approved to sell or creating duplicate listings may result in the immediate suspension or removal of your selling privileges.

If you apply and you do not have an account with a Professional selling plan, you must agree to sign up for a Professional selling plan within 30 days after your application is approved. A Seller Support associate will follow-up to request additional information to complete your application. At that time, you will need to provide the following to the Seller Support associate:

1) Your primary source(s) of inventory
2) A minimum of three (3) invoices or purchase orders for inventory with MSRP greater than $25 that you plan to sell
3) A written summary of processes you have in place to prevent inauthentic goods from entering your inventory

Your application will be evaluated based on the information you supply.
Thanks for the info. That sounds very complicated, and I must not have sold enough beforehand to get the application (may have sold about 3-5 sets before this). Guess I'll see if anyone in the trade thread (and those who I PMed) want anything. I'll likely go the eBay route if I need to.

My Bestbuy.com-bought copy of One Piece: Film Z arrived today in one of those cardboard mailers, and in pristine condition, shockingly enough.

Aside from terrible customer service. Their anime selection is very bad so call ahead. Also slipcovers are becoming increasingly wrecked to the point where I don't even want to buy the movie no matter how rare it is. We're talking huge creases and tears. So call ahead. Ask some questions. CAG on
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. On their site they claim to have copies at my local BB and, while it would suck to get a damaged slipcover, knowing the BB around here -- I'd be surprised if there's a slipcover at all! Definitely merits a call.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. On their site they claim to have copies at my local BB and, while it would suck to get a damaged slipcover, knowing the BB around here -- I'd be surprised if there's a slipcover at all! Definitely merits a call.
That's if you can manage to get on the phone with them. Unless you're going to file a complaint or have some specific geek squad service appointment question rarely do they answer. Instead agents from some warehouse answer. So when going through the automated system go through the ones for specific store inquiries and not product availability questions

Steelbook? How did you get one of those?
eBay. It's a Japanese Steelbook and lacks the dub or English subtitles, but still cool. Comes with an ad for Goku-themed hair wax and art cards of every other movie in the franchise, from Curse of the Blood Rubies to Path of Power.

20140915_225956-1.jpg

eBay. It's a Japanese Steelbook and lacks the dub or English subtitles, but still cool. Comes with an ad for Goku-themed hair wax and art cards of every other movie in the franchise, from Curse of the Blood Rubies to Path of Power.

20140915_225956-1.jpg
The one that was originally released that everyone imported because it was made unclear as to whether or not BotG would make it stateside? I contemplated that many eons ago. Glad I waited. Still I rather collect the blus and then make my way towards the movies.

Still better than Wal-Mart lmaoo
Walmart does sell some hard to find DVDs/Blus in general and their return policy is really lenient for things you get that you don't need or books you read that you don't want anymore. Also they do have a decent anime side mainly Shounen stuff. Bleach, early Naruto Shippuden, Naruto movies, Dragonball, and the odd find.

Still their customer service sucks and you'll get the odd boxed set that is brand new in shrink wrap but inside is just as bad as the eBay seller who listed his item as like new and it was acceptable at best.

Still their customer service sucks and you'll get the odd boxed set that is brand new in shrink wrap but inside is just as bad as the eBay seller who listed his item as like new and it was acceptable at best.
this is true Ive ordered stuff from them on line to store pick up and it showed up trashed, but i meant mainly in regard to the slips. i went in last night and its like some one purposely crushed it then put it back on.

Ugh, just bought 3 volumes of DNA squared from my work (paid 2.80 apiece for them), but it was volumes 2, 3, and 4.  Of course, volumes 1, and 5 are ridiculously overpriced on other sites.  I'm going to try to make some offers for them before i just return these dvds.  On the other hand, I just got the three volumes of gunparade march for $14.

Ugh, just bought 3 volumes of DNA squared from my work (paid 2.80 apiece for them), but it was volumes 2, 3, and 4. Of course, volumes 1, and 5 are ridiculously overpriced on other sites. I'm going to try to make some offers for them before i just return these dvds. On the other hand, I just got the three volumes of gunparade march for $14.
where do you work?

Slowly progressing my way through the original Naruto and hopefully by November will be done and on to Shippuden. Question: Will Viz ever release a complete series compilation of Naruto Shippuden or sets with a larger amount of episodes?

At the current moment Shippuden seems to be the last thing I'd buy. At about 25 a set for only 13 episodes and the anime not even up to the Japanese airing. That's about half a grand on the current English run and the Japanese run is still about 100 episodes ahead. 

Would it be best to hold off and collect at a later date? Keep in mind there was an eventual release of all of Naruto into season sets. The original was put out in 13 episode box sets a la Shippuden which I am collecting now. 

Well, Shippuden itself still has another year or two left in America. Season sets like the ones for OG Naruto are possible, but it'd be years upon years for a Complete Series set.

I mean, look how long Death Note has been done and Viz is just now doing a series boxset. And none of Viz's other multi-volume sets have complete sets either.

Well, Shippuden itself still has another year or two left in America. Season sets like the ones for OG Naruto are possible, but it'd be years upon years for a Complete Series set.

I mean, look how long Death Note has been done and Viz is just now doing a series boxset. And none of Viz's other multi-volume sets have complete sets either.
Year or two? More like three. The US release hasn't caught up with the Japanese release and they are ahead by 100+ episodes. Take into account the fact the ending will be drawn out and it'll be years before Naruto will finish.

I also just realized that no Viz title has seen a complete series and Death Note coming out with one is shocking at best.

Guess I'll just start collecting Shippuden then. The sets become cheaper over time therefore by the time I reach where they are right now which is Set 20 and 21 in January they'll be even cheaper.

Still better than Wal-Mart lmaoo
So very true, but anyplace is better than Wal-Mart! They could be giving anime away and I still wouldn't go. Between the nauseating atmosphere beneath their noxious halogen lights, the unceasing hordes of brain-drained reprobates, and unfathomable serpentine lines that stretch into the aisles, I'll gladly pay more elsewhere. CAG be damned.

Is it me, or is both Ef: A Tale of Memories and Ef: A Tale of Melodies both $24.99 on RightStuf right now?

I think the combo of the two has been $53 to pre-order on RS during one of their Sentai sales, but I'm thinking about getting Melodies now, BF sales or not.  Any thoughts on the matter?

Also, after last year, I wouldn't want to shop at Wal-Mart unless I had to and it wasn't during busy hours.  Once every few months for a prescription is more than enough - I'll still pick up some other items at times but I don't like the experience.

So very true, but anyplace is better than Wal-Mart! They could be giving anime away and I still wouldn't go. Between the nauseating atmosphere beneath their noxious halogen lights, the unceasing hordes of brain-drained reprobates, and unfathomable serpentine lines that stretch into the aisles, I'll gladly pay more elsewhere. CAG be damned.
HA! i feel you, even the on line is terrible though. you figure ill go in 5 mins to pick up my order and leave. 40 mins later you're still waiting at the counter for someone to come and greet you.

Would it be best to hold off and collect at a later date? Keep in mind there was an eventual release of all of Naruto into season sets. The original was put out in 13 episode box sets a la Shippuden which I am collecting now.
Id wait and hope for a sale or price drop bc as someone mentioned it will be like 3-4 years or so until they get close to finishing the sets. Then they will probably do "season" set then about time the usb 5.0 comes out they will do a complete series. Finally once our kids are on this site sharing deals, they will come across the ultimate mega super anniversary collection with both series and all the movies. This is the future lol.

I would only buy a long shonen anime if it was a collection set like Fairy Tail is. Bleach did it right for it's first 3 sets and DBZ still makes money off of multiple releases because of it's big sets, and we saw One Piece will be in 100 episode collections soon and they also have the smaller collection sets.  So I guess in other words, Funimation knows on how to release stupidly long series.

Since it seems Viz is getting serious about anime again, I'm sure the older Shippuden sets will be batched into collections soon. I've seen the older Bleach sets in DVD cases with a gazillion discs so I guess if they can do that, then bigger Shippuden sets are probably right around the corner. 

Kinda sad that my cheap ass Exhilerate's keyboard is better than the Tab and the S5's.

Anyway, considering Viz has been re-releasing earlier Bleach sets in standard packaging (a la InuYasha), I doubt any bigger sets are coming soon.

HA! i feel you, even the on line is terrible though. you figure ill go in 5 mins to pick up my order and leave. 40 mins later you're still waiting at the counter for someone to come and greet you.

Id wait and hope for a sale or price drop bc as someone mentioned it will be like 3-4 years or so until they get close to finishing the sets. Then they will probably do "season" set then about time the usb 5.0 comes out they will do a complete series. Finally once our kids are on this site sharing deals, they will come across the ultimate mega super anniversary collection with both series and all the movies. This is the future lol.
damn right that is the future. not sure why R2 gets 50 episode sets and we don't. I'm not really down to spend $25+ on a single set for over 22 sets at the current moment.

damn right that is the future. not sure why R2 gets 50 episode sets and we don't. I'm not really down to spend $25+ on a single set for over 22 sets at the current moment.
it's kinda lame i know. thats really whats holding me back from starting to get it. the original is bad enough with 16 boxes, but 30+, even if it's cheap the shelf space lost would really suck.

it's kinda lame i know. thats really whats holding me back from starting to get it. the original is bad enough with 16 boxes, but 30+, even if it's cheap the shelf space lost would really suck.
You only need to collect 10 of the Uncut Box Sets from the original. It goes all the way up to 135 which is where the series drops and just becomes filler until Shippuden. Then you can watch the movies and start collecting Shippuden.

I'm at box set 5 right now. So 5 left. But at this rate I'll collect the filler. Say what you want about Naruto but so far its so addicting. Obviously it'll drop and become filler at some point. But at the current moment it is so good.

You only need to collect 10 of the Uncut Box Sets from the original. It goes all the way up to 135 which is where the series drops and just becomes filler until Shippuden. Then you can watch the movies and start collecting Shippuden.
yea the lot that i bought came with the all 16 and 2 of he movies, but i'm a complete set collector anyway so i would have ending up getting it all at some point.

yea the lot that i bought came with the all 16 and 2 of he movies, but i'm a complete set collector anyway so i would have ending up getting it all at some point.
i haven't come across any lots but its too late by now. i'll probably get them all at some point as well. I look the look of the boxes on my shelf. the movies i'll get the 3 pack that was just released. save me some self space and some dough. at the rate i'm going collecting all 16 won't be too difficult. i got the first 5 for 35. which are the harder ones to get at least from what i'm seeing. the rest should be a piece of cake.

bread's done
Back