Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is the DBZ Blu Rays will go out of print like the Dragon Boxes did so I'm getting them all while I can. I got screwed with the Dragon Boxes so I started collecting these instead, and I have the first 7 seasons and the final 2 on preorder.

My guess is the DBZ Blu Rays will go out of print like the Dragon Boxes did so I'm getting them all while I can. I got screwed with the Dragon Boxes so I started collecting these instead, and I have the first 7 seasons and the final 2 on preorder.
Yeah these things aren't gonna go oop. Dragon boxes went oop because or production costs. If anything the orange bricks are gonna be oop are already oop

Edit; why is s7 of dbz on blu ray so expensive at amazon. looking at 40 bucks w/ prime and now its out of stock. i thought they were all on sale

Just stopped by Best Buy and picked up DBZ: Battle of the Gods on Bluray for $17.99. Only had three copies left. All had the slipcovers and were in great shape.

I was disappointed that they had one of their obnoxious glue-ridden price stickers on the cover, but it must have been recently put on, because it was easy to pull off, leaving no residue. Exact opposite of those horrible Gamestop stickers. Good luck getting those off neatly. 

Just stopped by Best Buy and picked up DBZ: Battle of the Gods on Bluray for $17.99. Only had three copies left. All had the slipcovers and were in great shape.

I was disappointed that they had one of their obnoxious glue-ridden price stickers on the cover, but it must have been recently put on, because it was easy to pull off, leaving no residue. Exact opposite of those horrible Gamestop stickers. Good luck getting those off neatly.
All you need is this.

41k1Iff9ceL._SY300_.jpg

Apply it to the sticker using a Q-tip. Let is sit for a minute. Peel the sticker off and then apply more to remove and residue that is left. I usually use some toilet paper to wipe off the remaining residue.

I have been using this on my slipcovers since 2009. Most slipcover collectors use this.

You can get it at Walmart in the Home Cleaning aisle. Do not get Goo Gone Extreme from the Home Improvement aisle as that is designed for tough jobs.

The orange-brick DBZ sets were on the market for multiple years at least. And during that time there were numerous sales where they could be had for significantly less than MSRP. I bought them each when they originally came out, as I am a massive DBZ nut. (and at the time, they were easily the best and most affordable version of DBZ available) However, I waited for sales to get the comparable Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT sets, and I was able to get them for a lot less.

While it is definitely a good idea not to wait too long, I think it would be safe to wait for holiday sales this year. You could probably even wait for holiday sales next year as well. DBZ has always been one of Funimation's big sellers. They'll be trotting out versions of it for quite some time.

I'm not going to tell you to stop buying the new Blu-Ray sets now. After all, I did the same thing with the orange-bricks. But I'm personally going to be waiting to see some holiday sales before I lay my cash down.

So mononoke is 9.99 at bestbuy and with the 10% movers coupon it'll be cheaper I might just get that along with GiTS arise which is 22.99 plus 10% off with coupon. :)

So mononoke is 9.99 at bestbuy and with the 10% movers coupon it'll be cheaper I might just get that along with GiTS arise which is 22.99 plus 10% off with coupon. :)
It's the DVD correct? If so then pass...but for those that buy DVD then good. :)

Got this today from RS. Along with this nice Sailor Moon promo card.

100_8433_zps130b95fe.jpg

100_8436_zps03cd4da7.jpg

Is anyone very familiar with Psycho Pass Extended Edition? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the regular series during the inevitable sale this year, or if it would be worth waiting for the Extended Edition? I don't think there is even a release date for it yet, so it could be a while.

Is anyone very familiar with Psycho Pass Extended Edition? I'm trying to decide if I should bye the regular series during the inevitable sale this year, or if it would be worth waiting for the Extended Edition? I don't think there is even a release date for it yet, so it could be a while.
The Extended Edition from the 5 or so episodes I saw barely add anything. It's mostly 2 in 1 episodes with maybe an extra scene or two in every other episode. The normal series is still worth it.

EDIT: The extra scenes are not in the normal series so if it really bugs you that much, wait for it. The important stuff is in the normal series already. :p

Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like Pied Piper is selling off the extra Kickstarter sets for Time of Eve. This is the deluxe set which includes BD/OST/artbook digipak w/ slipcover. Info is on their Facebook page. $55 + shipping and CA tax. 

You guys made me jealous with your kickstarter sets so I am glad they had a few extras~

Just picked up Zakuro DVD Premium Edition, Everyday Tales of a Cat God Blu-ray Premium Edition, Cardcaptor Sakura DVD Set 2, and Watamote DVD for a combined ~$100.

Well. I talked myself into it.
Shipping is $4.05 and CA Tax is $4.81

So in all, it will be $63.86 USD for California Residents.

One of the few times I will buy something for this much.

Well. I talked myself into it.
Shipping is $4.05 and CA Tax is $4.81

So in all, it will be $63.86 USD for California Residents.

One of the few times I will buy something for this much.
CA here as well and tax hurts :( I miss the days of taxless Amazon~ At least TRSI still has us covered.

Living in California sucks. I don't mind the weather though. :lol: Tears of sadness will come when TRSI starts taxing. 

At least we get the Deluxe Edition.

They start shipping extras on Tuesday and they are in San Diego so might come sooner than we think!
I ordered one as well. They are releasing a retail version but it won't have all the cool stuff. Can't wait for this to come in. Next time I won't pass on a cool KS thing like this one. But at least some of us will get one. I think they only had what 250 extras or something like that.

Where? I want that Blu Ray.

And looking forward to the Sailor Moon set, even though I'm broke.
You mean Stella? If so then I ordered it from RS. They got them early and shipped them out. The blu isn't street dated till Nov. 11, 2014. So pretty early, can't wait to watch it.

Living in California sucks. I don't mind the weather though. :lol: Tears of sadness will come when TRSI starts taxing.

At least we get the Deluxe Edition.
The day that happens, I will probably take a long hiatus on buying anime.

Thanks for the link guys! I nabbed one.

So got my KLK vol 2 yesterday, smashed lol. TRSI really drops the ball when they pack large orders. Emailed them, and I am not paying return shipping this time. Bad enough I had to 3 times for my SOA Vol 4.

The day that happens, I will probably take a long hiatus on buying anime.

Thanks for the link guys! I nabbed one.

So got my KLK vol 2 yesterday, smashed lol. TRSI really drops the ball when they pack large orders. Emailed them, and I am not paying return shipping this time. Bad enough I had to 3 times for my SOA Vol 4.
Had that happen to me as well, then they tried to not reimburse me after promising.

Now, I always put "extra padding" in the notes section (they still don't)

I try to avoid buying from them unless I get a good deal because I always get my stuff smashed

Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like Pied Piper is selling off the extra Kickstarter sets for Time of Eve. This is the deluxe set which includes BD/OST/artbook digipak w/ slipcover. Info is on their Facebook page. $55 + shipping and CA tax.

You guys made me jealous with your kickstarter sets so I am glad they had a few extras~
I'm on my phone so idk if I'm missing something I'm not seeing any mention of this on their Facebook page would love to get a hold of one. Do I need to go to their site. On mobile it says need flash and there is a paypal at top but nothing else

Yeah these things aren't gonna go oop. Dragon boxes went oop because or production costs. If anything the orange bricks are gonna be oop are already oop

Edit; why is s7 of dbz on blu ray so expensive at amazon. looking at 40 bucks w/ prime and now its out of stock. i thought they were all on sale
Try and have them price match best buy or buy it there I think it's only 17

An Amazon Marketplace storefront is selling "Sankarea: Complete Series - Broadcast Edit Version (Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD)"for only $7.50 plus shipping. I know a lot of people have complained about the censorship in this version, but if you don't mind some random streaks of light covering up some gore, this is a pretty hard deal to pass up with Halloween coming up!
It was a hot topic a few weeks ago. It was at $10 earlier so I guess it's still going down. Be wary about clover media. I ordered from them and it had a dent on it.

It was a hot topic a few weeks ago. It was at $10 earlier so I guess it's still going down. Be wary about clover media. I ordered from them and it had a dent on it.
Yeah, a good many of us got our copies from Dr. Deals or Clover. I see Dr. Deals copies are gone (someone here might've bought like 30 :lol:) but Clover Media was hit or miss for some people. I'd say go for it... that's probably the cheapest Anime blu I've seen yet. :p

Ok, I dont wanna hear it when they do go OOP lol.

you won't because i'm picking all these up on black friday or at least the majority of them. s9 hasn't even been released yet. so hoping to get 1-5 on bf. and in december 6-9 if all goes as planned.
Sounds good. If I remember correctly, Amazon had a decent Funimation sale during the whole month of December last year.

you won't because i'm picking all these up on black friday or at least the majority of them. s9 hasn't even been released yet. so hoping to get 1-5 on bf. and in december 6-9 if all goes as planned.
Same here, especially considering I own the show almost 3 times and I still need kai, it's gotta be pretty cheap for me to get em.

Sounds good. If I remember correctly, Amazon had a decent Funimation sale during the whole month of December last year.
Looking up past forums Amazon did have a really good Funi sale. Pair that w/ Prime and i'll be in heaven

Same here, especially considering I own the show almost 3 times and I still need kai, it's gotta be pretty cheap for me to get em.
I own all of the blue brick Dragonball, the movies, and some of the vhs tapes. S1 Orange brick DBZ, some movies, and a lot of the dvds, and GT well we don't speak of that

I'm still trying to finish my vhs collection of dragonball
Amazon, ebay under dragonball lot or dragonball VHS are your best bets

I hope the Gundam Seed Collection 1 I got from Hastings actually comes in...and that it's not a bootleg.  I probably should have just bought four of the individual volumes now while the 20% off and free shipping sale (SAVE20SS) was starting and hoped to get volume 4 down the road...but it feels so much better to get the Collection to pair with Collection 2!

I've bought a lot of anime in two months and it isn't even BF yet.  I'm sorry to hear that TRSI has given other people very serious problems with shipping orders, so when I buy a crapload of my main amine wishlist this season I will only make small orders so that they (hopefully) ship in their small boxes and that nothing comes destroyed.

EDIT: They also have a copy of Collection 2 if anyone wants it for $19.99.  There is no coupon code going around now though.

I own all of the blue brick Dragonball, the movies, and some of the vhs tapes. S1 Orange brick DBZ, some movies, and a lot of the dvds, and GT well we don't speak of that
yea i got the bricks, the D boxes and the rock the dragon set lol. i'm super reluctant to use more shelf space for dbz. I guess i can technically i can probally move the orange bricks since they are the same as the blues just worse quality but ehh lol.

I've bought a lot of anime in two months and it isn't even BF yet. I'm sorry to hear that TRSI has given other people very serious problems with shipping orders, so when I buy a crapload of my main amine wishlist this season I will only make small orders so that they (hopefully) ship in their small boxes and that nothing comes destroyed.
never had a problem honestly, even with my annual gigantic BF order. Still the best packing by far imho.

bread's done
Back