Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. If I remember correctly, Amazon had a decent Funimation sale during the whole month of December last year.
Yes, I remember Amazon having a very solid Funimation sale during the last holiday season starting around black Friday. Prepare your wallets for more of the same people!!

Funimation's Black Friday on Amazon is always pretty good. A lot of standard edition sets went for $25 each and I hope that they don't make sales exclusive to the Funimation store.

I know Funimation sets also went on Amazon's gold box deals... I remember making myself wake up at 4 AM just to grab Michiko & Hatchin Part 2 then I saw nobody really bought it and then it went for the same price a few days later... I felt dumb, but I always thought it was pretty funny. 

And ugh, first BF with Amazon sales tax. 

yea i got the bricks, the D boxes and the rock the dragon set lol. i'm super reluctant to use more shelf space for dbz. I guess i can technically i can probally move the orange bricks since they are the same as the blues just worse quality but ehh lol.

never had a problem honestly, even with my annual gigantic BF order. Still the best packing by far imho.
Same here. I've had a couple of boxes come crushed from Rightstuf with no damage inside.

Less a deal and more an announcement.

I had mentioned before that Patema Inverted was available from Amazon in the UK but not in the US.  At some point that changed, as it is now available from Amazon in the US for $22.99. I wanted to let you guys know, because after shipping and currency conversion fees, the US version will (rightfully) be slightly cheaper than the import.  Switch them now if you placed an import order.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQVSFIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's been news for awhile now that it was getting released here. It's also going for the same price on bestbuy. I'll probably get it together with A Letter to Momo.

I had mentioned before that Patema Inverted was available from Amazon in the UK but not in the US. At some point that changed, as it is now available from Amazon in the US for $22.99. I wanted to let you guys know, because after shipping and currency conversion fees, the US version will (rightfully) be slightly cheaper than the import. Switch them now if you placed an import order.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQVSFIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yup. Got mine pre-ordered already. And if you got a R2/Region Free player, ignore the UK release. I'm convinced All the Anime doesn't have a proper Q&A department so I can guarantee that you're getting the better deal with the US version.

I had mentioned before that Patema Inverted was available from Amazon in the UK but not in the US. At some point that changed, as it is now available from Amazon in the US for $22.99. I wanted to let you guys know, because after shipping and currency conversion fees, the US version will (rightfully) be slightly cheaper than the import. Switch them now if you placed an import order.

Is this movie any good? I can't place where I've heard the name before.

Yusibu, otherwise known as i couldnt become a hero so i reluctantly got a job, is pretty good and funny imo. Enjoyed the quirkiness and Fino's dastardly laugh.

I hope the Gundam Seed Collection 1 I got from Hastings actually comes in...and that it's not a bootleg. I probably should have just bought four of the individual volumes now while the 20% off and free shipping sale (SAVE20SS) was starting and hoped to get volume 4 down the road...but it feels so much better to get the Collection to pair with Collection 2!

I've bought a lot of anime in two months and it isn't even BF yet. I'm sorry to hear that TRSI has given other people very serious problems with shipping orders, so when I buy a crapload of my main amine wishlist this season I will only make small orders so that they (hopefully) ship in their small boxes and that nothing comes destroyed.

EDIT: They also have a copy of Collection 2 if anyone wants it for $19.99. There is no coupon code going around now though.
I got the first collection in singles for a little less than 20. I have 3 more to go but for collection 2 so far i've spent about 8 bucks collecting the singles. so hopefully i can round at under 20 and i think i will. this is w/ no giftcards. lots of coupons and some wheeling and dealing. seed is by far easier to collect than any other series i've come by.

i've also managed to finish off my 08th ms team collection and all of the movies. alls i need is the last 3 singles of seed. the movies. and maybe just maybe start 0083 stardust memory but that's a little pricey atcm

and maybe just maybe start 0083 stardust memory but that's a little pricey atcm
I manage to pick up the 2nd volume of 0083 for $2.50 and then got the 1st and 3rd for about $10 total and then I saw he drive of the fourth volume and I just want to cry now. I just can't comprehend why that volume is over $120 and the complete collection is going for the $90 range.

I manage to pick up the 2nd volume of 0083 for $2.50 and then got the 1st and 3rd for about $10 total and then I saw he drive of the fourth volume and I just want to cry now. I just can't comprehend why that volume is over $120 and the complete collection is going for the $90 range.
I know what you mean. I'm tring to find a sealed copy of one piece season 3 voyage three at a decent price.

Got these in today.

100_8444_zps6673dfe9.jpg

No slipcover on fairy tail? booooo

Also tax on Amazon? lol californians have it bad. 8% sales taxes don't help one bit when you're buying things. 

Thanks for letting me know about that. Might as well just collect the complete series or nothing at all. No way in hell am I gonna pay 90 bucks for the fourth volume. The current price on Amazon is 130 dollars. yeah i'll pass. same goes for gundam f-91.

Thanks for letting me know about that. Might as well just collect the complete series or nothing at all. No way in hell am I gonna pay 90 bucks for the fourth volume. The current price on Amazon is 130 dollars. yeah i'll pass. same goes for gundam f-91.
Keep an eye out for F91 on eBay as I manage to snag a copy for $15 a couple of weeks ago. I also anticipate a drop in Amazon prices with their new DVD regulations for anything over $25 going into effect next month.

Keep an eye out for F91 on eBay as I manage to snag a copy for $15 a couple of weeks ago. I also anticipate a drop in Amazon prices with their new DVD regulations for anything over $25 going into effect next month.
I'm looking at F91 right now w/ some current 10 buck bids ending soon. May bite.

What is the regulation on anything over $25. Do tell

No slipcover on fairy tail? booooo

Also tax on Amazon? lol californians have it bad. 8% sales taxes don't help one bit when you're buying things.
They had the slips but they had the stickers on them and I hadn't taken them off yet. They were in ok condition so I can't complain too much because I at least got them.

And 8% tax? Man that is rough...I though 6% tax was bad enough. I think IL and MO are close to that 8% rate as well.

They had the slips but they had the stickers on them and I hadn't taken them off yet. They were in ok condition so I can't complain too much because I at least got them.

And 8% tax? Man that is rough...I though 6% tax was bad enough. I think IL and MO are close to that 8% rate as well.
Oh just wondering because I was hoping to pick these up on black friday and the slips would look nice

8% and possible 1% increase at least in my area. on petty items its nothing. but when you're making a huge purchase it is a huge pain in the ass. another 45 dollars on top of everything else. couponing here in ca is pointless because say you got a 10% coupon. you still have another 8% to pay after its taken off. so a 2% difference.

Honestly, I think the best place to watch is Half.com. Most of the expensive volumes of Gundam (and volume 4 of Ghost Stories) I got for about $15 each on there. Most were in the "Acceptable" area yet had, at most, a few light scratches on the disc and no insert.

Il is at 8% and if you live near shitcago you get to pay 8.50% was 8.25 I think but it was raised to pay for the worthless CTA. If you can't tell I truly HATE Chicago.

Honestly, I think the best place to watch is Half.com. Most of the expensive volumes of Gundam (and volume 4 of Ghost Stories) I got for about $15 each on there. Most were in the "Acceptable" area yet had, at most, a few light scratches on the disc and no insert.
agreed

half.com is amazing. lots of people put up stuff they have no use for and don't know its value or how to list it. i've gotten volumes of various anime at cheap prices and in almost brand new condition

Il is at 8% and if you live near shitcago you get to pay 8.50% was 8.25 I think but it was raised to pay for the worthless CTA. If you can't tell I truly HATE Chicago.
i feel you man. 8% is ridiculous. especially considering that sales taxes are supposed to help the gov't. CA is still in a shithole. raising sales taxes isn't helping. if anything its making people not want to buy because they are spending a quarter on what they are buying in taxes.

YES! I was holding out for a complete series since before they released those lame 8 episode sets. Freaking awesome show, the best series Cartoon Network has shown in years. It's a crime that the new Thundercats only received 1 season.

YES! I was holding out for a complete series since before they released those lame 8 episode sets. Freaking awesome show, the best series Cartoon Network has shown in years. It's a crime that the new Thundercats only received 1 season.
so wait is the the new Thundercats from a few years ago or the OG Thundercats.

Oh just wondering because I was hoping to pick these up on black friday and the slips would look nice

8% and possible 1% increase at least in my area. on petty items its nothing. but when you're making a huge purchase it is a huge pain in the ass. another 45 dollars on top of everything else. couponing here in ca is pointless because say you got a 10% coupon. you still have another 8% to pay after its taken off. so a 2% difference.
All good. :) And yeah they are pretty nice. I just hope that Collection 3 drops in price. I'm still debating on if I want to pay more or just hold out and wait...

i feel you man. 8% is ridiculous. especially considering that sales taxes are supposed to help the gov't. CA is still in a shithole. raising sales taxes isn't helping. if anything its making people not want to buy because they are spending a quarter on what they are buying in taxes.
Yeah I feel you on the taxes. When I would get stuff in IL that 10% coupon is pointess since most of it is eaten by the taxes. :(

Yeah that has to suck. I couldn't nor wouldn't want to live anywhere near that city.

All good. :) And yeah they are pretty nice. I just hope that Collection 3 drops in price. I'm still debating on if I want to pay more or just hold out and wait...

Yeah I feel you on the taxes. When I would get stuff in IL that 10% coupon is pointess since most of it is eaten by the taxes. :(

Yeah that has to suck. I couldn't nor wouldn't want to live anywhere near that city.
Wait it out lol. Funi stuff drops quick in price and then hikes back up.

From 2011
Still equally good. Best CN show next to Star Wars Clone Wars and Young Justice since the days of Samurai Jack and clan

Gah, Amazon finally started charging tax to MD.
Yup, this certainly puts a damper on Black Friday spending. The most annoying part is that the warehouse in Baltimore won't be opening until 2015, but they already started collecting sales tax. LAME.

Also, is there any word on whether or not we'll be getting The Tale of Princess Kaguya in the US?

Funi happily applied the 10% off coupon to my existing Cowboy Bebop CE pre-order. Also got a large dent in my wallet from partial-shipped orders on RS~

What is the regulation on anything over $25. Do tell
The full email Amazon sellers received is posted a couple pages back, but essentially you can no longer sell DVDs or Blurays on Amazon for over $25 unless you pay for a professional seller plan. So hopefully that will force some of the insane prices down, but I guess it could also do the opposite too.

Would you say the series "ends" despite it having just the one season, or does it have the dreaded unresolvable cliffhanger?

Shiki Complete Series S.A.V.E. is $20 on Amazon again.
Got it... my first sales tax purchase but I thankfully had a $10 GC from that dumb lunchables thing, hahaha. And yeah, surprised to see this many people from MD.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you all got the e-mail from Amazon about Evangelion 3.33.I guess they hit a pre-order limit or something and I got an e-mail on whether or not if I want to cancel my order since they are unsure of the release date. I obviously hit "approve" since I'm still locked in on $20. I know it will come... eventually. :p

Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't think it would get cheaper for black Friday

bread's done
Back