Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't come across any lots but its too late by now. i'll probably get them all at some point as well. I look the look of the boxes on my shelf. the movies i'll get the 3 pack that was just released. save me some self space and some dough. at the rate i'm going collecting all 16 won't be too difficult. i got the first 5 for 35. which are the harder ones to get at least from what i'm seeing. the rest should be a piece of cake.
yea i think 1-4 are the highest then 5-10 then 11-16. good luck with it lol. minus the filler the show isn't too awful.

it's kinda lame i know. thats really whats holding me back from starting to get it. the original is bad enough with 16 boxes, but 30+, even if it's cheap the shelf space lost would really suck.
I'm really just hoping that shows like naruto and bleach get the dbz kai treatment and after a few years of the manga ending they just start up again from the start having all of the filler cut out.

Been watching Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Only on episode 4 now, so still have a bit to go, but the series is definitely way lighter in tone than what I had expected. Based on Sentai's description on the back of the Bluray case, I anticipated this to be more straight-up horror. It's not bad, just not what I figured it would be.

I'm really just hoping that shows like naruto and bleach get the dbz kai treatment and after a few years of the manga ending they just start up again from the start having all of the filler cut out.
that'll probably take longer then the complete collection release lol.

Naruto is weird when it comes to filler. It goes from being not so bad to filling in missing chunks from the manga to outright horrible.

I remember when I was collecting Naruto back in the day, I made it a point to only collect until the filler kicked in. When I noticed that a few of the episodes were part of season 6, I bought box set 11. I then started looking at the episode list of box set 10 and realized all of the episodes were on that set instead and promptly traded out set 11.

My sister still finds it funny to this point.

Been watching Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Only on episode 4 now, so still have a bit to go, but the series is definitely way lighter in tone than what I had expected. Based on Sentai's description on the back of the Bluray case, I anticipated this to be more straight-up horror. It's not bad, just not what I figured it would be.
Yeah, it wasn't at all what I expected either. It's honestly more of a romance story than anything else. I will admit, though, that there is a scene at the end that had me crying like a baby that just lost its pacifier. It's funny how certain things just tug at the feels--even when they're obviously melodramatic just for the sake of it haha.

Yeah, it wasn't at all what I expected either. It's honestly more of a romance story than anything else. I will admit, though, that there is a scene at the end that had me crying like a baby that just lost its pacifier. It's funny how certain things just tug at the feels--even when they're obviously melodramatic just for the sake of it haha.
I couldn't agree more, it's very much a romance story. Looking forward to seeing the remaining episodes, though. I picked up Another not too long ago and, again, Sentai makes it sound very much like a straight-horror tale. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping that the actual show's a little closer in tone to the description.

I couldn't agree more, it's very much a romance story. Looking forward to seeing the remaining episodes, though. I picked up Another not too long ago and, again, Sentai makes it sound very much like a straight-horror tale. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping that the actual show's a little closer in tone to the description.
I bought both shows last black friday because I was looking for horror. Neither were quite was I was expecting, but Another will be closer to what you were looking for.

I haven't gotten around to watching dusk maiden yet so that's disappointing to hear, but I watched another and it's pretty close to the description. It was good, I liked it more than shi ki.

Managed to score 7 volumes of Blade of the Immortal today for 35 bucks. Also for anyone that wants the Kickstarter edition of Time of EVE; Pied Piper is selling 260 copies through paypal. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=QKCeN7IVWZ9Fo5O4XYY1YbIgXxRNvl0KM00xd1eDxKArSG0sACXFWUfc_GW&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b08198d8562aa8a3da7ac30bbfba73b3e80dcc

For everyone else the retail sales for it are starting November 1st.

-"The Blu-ray Deluxe Edition price will be raised to $59.95 and will not include the 7 postcards or the Special Thanks inserts---BUT, we will offer better shipping rates to "all other countries." Also, we will offer an Amaray Standard Edition (BD + CD + liner notes) for $34.95. For non-Canada/US residents, you should ONLY purchase this additional stock if you are keen on getting the Deluxe Edition with the Special Thanks inserts and 7 postcards."

I did not know there would be a complete collection of the Pokemon Indigo League which is classified as Season 1. Comes out on the 28. 78 episodes-40 bucks. Adding this to my Christmas list. 

Technically, it is all of Season 1 and about half of Season 2. Still an insane value even if the episodes are super bright.

Technically, it is all of Season 1 and about half of Season 2. Still an insane value even if the episodes are super bright.
That is insane value. We were just shitting on Viz a little while earlier so to see them releasing stuff like this gives me hope for a future naruto set. Besides all the other shounen aside from aot have collections.

Pokémon is unique when it comes to Viz. The licensing fee isn't as expensive and they don't need to put as much work into them. Hence why we have DVDS with 10/12 episodes a disc with the most basic menus ever with no music or extras.

Pokémon is unique when it comes to Viz. The licensing fee isn't as expensive and they don't need to put as much work into them. Hence why we have DVDS with 10/12 episodes a disc with the most basic menus ever with no music or extras.
I haven't collected Pokemon yet so now I know what to expect. Nothing extravagant or any extras. However, in this case I'm cool with nothing added solely because I just wanna feel nostalgia and watch Pokemon again. None of this new crap just the good OG stuff

I'd happily wait a few more years if it means I could watch the show without a filler guide/ lots of fast forwarding.
that's the problem with the sets. they have that one good episode essential to the series and boom filler.

naruto kai will be coming in 2025.

Log Horizon V1 is gonna be here tomorrow! Shipped more than a whole month early.

I did not know there would be a complete collection of the Pokemon Indigo League which is classified as Season 1. Comes out on the 28. 78 episodes-40 bucks. Adding this to my Christmas list.
Yup. I pre-ordered it so I have something to watch on the computers at work!

Log Horizon V1 is gonna be here tomorrow! Shipped more than a whole month early.

Gonna have to get on that lol. Love me some Pokemon. Especially with the remakes of ruby and sapphire coming and SSMBU. Gonna be pokemon themed holiday.

Yeah pretty crazy that Sentai got so much stuff early.

Stella

I couldn't get a job

High School of the Dead CE

I'm hoping that Deep Discount has a nice discount (teehee) and a coupon code this year. They always seem to have the best deals on Sentai releases, and I would love to grab Log Horizon.

^ Same here. Still waiting on that extra 10% off coupon during the sale on either Deepdiscount or dvdplanet to pull off a rather extra large order.

another 15 dollars worth of gift cards to amazon. oh what to spend it on. i don't know if these have an expiration date so time is of the essence. thinking of getting set 6 of naruto, vol 7 of gundam seed, vol 4 of 08th ms, or something new entirely. 

edit: never realized how expensive replacement dvd cases are. 8 dvd case is about 7 bucks shipped. almost $1 for every dvd you want to hold. 

Anyone have the catalog to deepdiscount.com or dvdplanet.com for the month of October? There's always a 10% code in there but the selection for anime is limited to which the 10% can apply to

More than a month early, bam!

Since Yuushibu should be the uncensored version, I'll probably snag that too.

2014-10-2415.17.098nolz.jpg

Treat10 coupon of funimation store works with cowboy bebop LE. I'll take what I can get!
Speaking of this I don't remember anyone posting it. Sooo justbin case..

Treat10 takes 10% off ordera at least 50$

Treat15 takes 15% off orders at least 75$

Treat20 takes 20% off orders at least 150$

All @ Funimation.com

I just ordered Dragonball Z Season 8 on Blu Ray for $29 shipped at DeepDiscount. That's the cheapest price I can find for it on the internet, everyone else is gouging the price on it.

bread's done
Back