Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
0083 and 08th MS team definitely take the cake for my favorites in the series. Zeta is really rather important to the UC timeline, but the localization is very questionable--even for Gundam standards. And, apparently due to Tomino's depression at the time, it is really a huge downer--like, very depressing. 

0083 and 08th MS team definitely take the cake for my favorites in the series. Zeta is really rather important to the UC timeline, but the localization is very questionable--even for Gundam standards. And, apparently due to Tomino's depression at the time, it is really a huge downer--like, very depressing.
I'm loving 08th so far and have watched a little seed but when i finish 08th im gonna binge it. My favorite so far is War in the Pocket. God that thing was so depressing and sad. Didn't help that the music was just as sad.

So far I'd go

1) 0080

2) Gundam Movie Trilogy

3) 08th

4) Wing

5) Seed *haven't watched enough to put it above Wing. Things can change*

Hoping to get: 0083 Stardust, Zeta if I have a spare 100 bucks this holiday season, Unicorn, 00 hopefully the singles so that I don't get a really good looking bootleg.

I'm loving 08th so far and have watched a little seed but when i finish 08th im gonna binge it. My favorite so far is War in the Pocket. God that thing was so depressing and sad. Didn't help that the music was just as sad.
0080 and the original movie trilogy are my favorites. Both are top tier Gundam storytelling. Admittedly, I like Wing too, even though it gets a bad rap.

I'd also recommend the first season of Gundam 00. The show became a bit redundant by the time they got around to the needless second season though. Zeta's important to the UC timeline--and the last dozen are so episodes are great--but I always felt it had some of the worst characters in any G-series. Midway through Zeta it becomes a chore to get through some of those episodes.

0080 and the original movie trilogy are my favorites. Both are top tier Gundam storytelling. Admittedly, I like Wing too, even though it gets a bad rap.

I'd also recommend the first season of Gundam 00. The show became a bit redundant by the time they got around to the needless second season though. Zeta's important to the UC timeline--and the last dozen are so episodes are great--but I always felt it had some of the worst characters in any G-series. Midway through Zeta it becomes a chore to get through some of those episodes.
wing has a good story. the mecha fights are also really well done. albeit it does get really slow at the beginning and near the middle.

gundam 00 is on my list and i can get the first half in singles for about 20 bucks. the second half anime legends more or less a bootleg will cost me about the same.

ill have to stream zeta since its so goddamn expensive. perhaps luck will strike and ill get 150+ to get the box set

If you don't mind subs Gundam 00 is free on the GundamInfo YouTube channel.

Wing is awesome whenever Wufei and Altron (my #1 favorite Gundam) are on screen.

Of UC, I like the OG movie trilogy, Char's Counterattack, 08th MS Team, and Unicorn the best, though there isn't a Gundam series I outright hate. Not even SD Gundam Force (Season 2 rocks!) or Brave Battle Warriors. I even kinda sorta liked G-Savior.

I don't understand the desire to buy bootlegs to "save money" (not an attack, honestly curious). If you aren't going to pay for the official release (for various reasons) why not just torrent it? Buying bootlegs just supports and encourages the thieves, not the developers.

Wing is awesome whenever Wufei and Altron (my #1 favorite Gundam) are on screen.
Deathscythe is best Gundam.

I never got into the UC shows. Except for 08th MS Team, which was good.

I want and don't want, at the same time, the Gundam SEED blurays. They replaced one of the ending songs (River), and now my favorite scene in SEED feels completely different.

I don't understand the desire to buy bootlegs to "save money" (not an attack, honestly curious). If you aren't going to pay for the official release (for various reasons) why not just torrent it? Buying bootlegs just supports and encourages the thieves, not the developers.
This. If you don't want to pay the creators, please pirate over buying bootlegs.

Not to mention that the quality of bootlegs is--in my experience at least--always inferior to the official releases. This is usually immediately evident by there being far fewer discs, so the episodes are of lower quality.

I don't know, I've seen some bootlegs that look as good as the officials, picture quality wise. And in some cases, although this is rare--but they are out there--I've seen bootlegs with better packaging than the official releases. 

I don't know, I've seen some bootlegs that look as good as the officials, picture quality wise. And in some cases, although this is rare--but they are out there--I've seen bootlegs with better packaging than the official releases.
I haven't seen one in several years, honestly. Have they stopped shrinking seasons down to like three DVDs? If they have, then I guess there's no reason that they can't have good picture quality.

Funimation just tweeted that they are open to putting out more Sports anime. They are even taking suggestions on twitter.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/527505848189587457
about the only two series I could see them open to doing would be chihiyafaru and maybe that volleyball anime that recently aired. The series I would like to see them get they likely wouldn't because they are to long, baseball related (major/cross game, they wouldn't do because they picked up the rather mediocre Big Windup and it didn't perform well) or likely wouldn't have enough appeal to sell (baby steps) So at this time I kind of feel like I don't want them to pick up any, and just wait for a new awesome series to come out.

Alternatively, they should get the rights to the Ippo stuff and rerelease the early stuff and see how well it sells and if it sells decently then release the new seasons. But I am not sure how much the original release would cost for them to release... I would buy it though as I never got the original release due to it being like 30 individual disks ><:

From what I remember, the English subtitles are "dubtitles". Zeta Gundam is indeed depressing though. So many brutal deaths in it. My favorite series followed by 08th and the original series.

Does Saki count as sports? I'd love to see it licensed, but I think it's more niche than normal sports anime.

I haven't seen one in several years, honestly. Have they stopped shrinking seasons down to like three DVDs? If they have, then I guess there's no reason that they can't have good picture quality.
Over the years some of the bootleg "companies" have stopped overloading tons of episodes onto the bare minimum of discs. But others still cram a dozen episodes on a disc. They've upped their game quite a bit from the old fan-sub days when the only way to get shows like Dragonball GT or the Japanese Transformers shows were through bootleggers who went the Frankenstein method of piecing together subs from anywhere they could find.

Certainly, the official releases are still the best way to go, most of the time. It also helps that anime has dropped considerably in price, making most bootlegs obsolete. Of course, you still have Aniplex titles and things like Gundam Unicorn outrageously priced. I can imagine that there's still people who would rather not spend $30+ for a single episode of Unicorn.

about the only two series I could see them open to doing would be chihiyafaru and maybe that volleyball anime that recently aired. The series I would like to see them get they likely wouldn't because they are to long, baseball related (major/cross game, they wouldn't do because they picked up the rather mediocre Big Windup and it didn't perform well) or likely wouldn't have enough appeal to sell (baby steps) So at this time I kind of feel like I don't want them to pick up any, and just wait for a new awesome series to come out.

Alternatively, they should get the rights to the Ippo stuff and rerelease the early stuff and see how well it sells and if it sells decently then release the new seasons. But I am not sure how much the original release would cost for them to release... I would buy it though as I never got the original release due to it being like 30 individual disks ><:
Actually, Sentai already picked up the licence for Haikyuu (The Volleyballl show!)

I wonder if Funimation would go big or go home and pick up Kuroko?

And Discotek said the other day they picked up a couple of sports shows as well

Deathscythe is best Gundam.
Altron would beat Deathscythe every day of the week and five times on Sunday.

Unless we're talking about Nataku. Nataku sucks.

I want and don't want, at the same time, the Gundam SEED blurays. They replaced one of the ending songs (River), and now my favorite scene in SEED feels completely different.
SEED will be interesting. I know Nozomi doesn't do Blu-rays right now, but I am curious if their eventual Cosmic Era releases will be the Remastered version (which affected SEED more than SEED Destiny) or the original.

Wing Zero Custom for the win. Single shot of its buster rifle can wipe out an entire space colony.
Except Altron is far too fast to be hit with that thing. It is just as fast as Wing Zero, can use melee tactics in space, and is able to attack from both long range and close range. It is also the only AC Mobile Suit to go toe-to-toe with Wing Zero without having the Zero System.

Then there's the Katoki version.

xxxg-01w_wing_gundam_hajime_katoki_version_artwork.jpg

Actually, Sentai already picked up the licence for Haikyuu (The Volleyballl show!)

I wonder if Funimation would go big or go home and pick up Kuroko?

And Discotek said the other day they picked up a couple of sports shows as well
Ah I missed that sentai picked that up... not that it mattered much, while it wasn't terrible it was very generic and by the books sports anime and I have no interest in watching it again. Baby Steps I would totally watch again though... Ace I am torn on... given it's basically went to one piece pacing for the anime where you maybe have 2 minutes of actual progress an episode anymore @_@

and given how negative funimation was on sports shows after big windup I can't imagine them going big, especially since they haven't had great luck with long running series. If they were to pick up something it would be a shorter series, though I suppose they could do something like the first 25 episodes of Kuroko or something.

Or how about we just treat no game no life like a sport anime and they pick that up.. that would make me happy :p

Except Altron is far too fast to be hit with that thing. It is just as fast as Wing Zero, can use melee tactics in space, and is able to attack from both long range and close range. It is also the only AC Mobile Suit to go toe-to-toe with Wing Zero without having the Zero System.
That was an awesome Altron vs. Wing Zero battle scene in GW: Endless Waltz. I now have the urge to rewatch that.

I remember the first time I seen Endless Waltz when Toonami did their big Friday evening "premiere" of it-- this must have been in 2000 or 2001? I think they even had a phone number you could call when it aired to win some prize. Miss those days, when cable TV was still watchable.

That was an awesome Altron vs. Wing Zero battle scene in GW: Endless Waltz. I now have the urge to rewatch that.

I remember the first time I seen Endless Waltz when Toonami did their big Friday evening "premiere" of it-- this must have been in 2000 or 2001? I think they even had a phone number you could call when it aired to win some prize. Miss those days, when cable TV was still watchable.
Yeah, those times were certainly something. I remember watching the movie and then calling my friend who was a big Gundam fan at the time about how awesome it was. All of the new "custom" gundams and Deathscythe Hell were pretty badass. I still have the figures of all of them in a box along with all of my other gundam figures.

Nataku vs. Wing Zero. Altron is the awesome TV version. Nataku is the shitty scaled down movie version.

Fun fact: Endless Waltz was Cartoon Network's highest-rated ANYTHING (including original shows) until Naruto joined the block.

Nataku vs. Wing Zero. Altron is the awesome TV version. Nataku is the shitty scaled down movie version.

Fun fact: Endless Waltz was Cartoon Network's highest-rated ANYTHING (including original shows) until Naruto joined the block.
Wufei's Gundams had too many names! Shenlong, Altron, Nataku...

I didn't know that Endless Waltz had earned such high ratings on CN! I always assumed that anime rated high back then, considering how much they promoted it at one time. That was the golden age of CN for me, with Toonami every weekday, their Midnight Run block and the Rising Sun Saturday morning programming. It's a shame CN started down the avenue of filling their airtime with craptastic original shows (and I'm not talking about greats like Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, or Samurai Jack). I hardly ever watch CN anymore, and certainly never tune into Adult Swim, with crud that fills their broadcast schedule like Squidbillies.

AS Toonami is great.

Stopped by MovieStop on a whim and picked up Heaven's Lost Property Forte (Combo Pack from LE), Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki Complete Series (with tin), Tenchi Universe/in Tokyo/Movie Collections (Geneon), YuYu Hakusho Seasons 3 & 4 (DVD), Spice & Wolf Season 1 (DVD), Android Kikaider Volume 4, Gundam Wing Collection 2, and Space Battleship Yamato the Movie (along with Bourne Legacy Target Steelbook and the Batman 4 Film Favorites Blu-ray Collection) for $96.

Deathscythe Hell is fucking badass and so is Wing Zero

Haven't watched enough Seed to determine a fave from that

08th MS team has no real mechs that could stand in a fight. 

Gundam Alex from 0080 had the capability to be badass and could probably go in a fight

Char's and Amuro's are still classics. Although not as OP as the newer mechs

Bottom line Gundam is awesome af

It was a nickname in the show but in Endless Waltz they actually called it Gundam Nataku instead of Altron Custom for some reason.

endless waltz was so good nothing tops end of eva though for series finale movies not anime movies in general but just movies that finish off anime series. so so good

I swear I'm going to get to watch Endless Waltz, but I still feel a little stupefied and don't really feel like buying something that expensive in the Gundam series right now.  I will definitely not bring up anything about Anime Legends here again as I have no intention to support bootlegs or mention "sales" on them.

I underestimated how often they are fakes and I had...some sort of brainfart and I'm not even that old.  You tell me how to describe it and I'll comment.

I really did like Zeta though, although I wish the ending for a few of the characters was just different.

Finally picked up a decent copy of Aria the Animation S1 original release. It came with a small toy cat. Was this a bonus item from when the series was released? I couldn't find any info on it. 

Not something rare but Letter to Momo came out last week and wow such a good movie. Definitely see the animation supervisor from Spirited Away was involved.

Finally picked up a decent copy of Aria the Animation S1 original release. It came with a small toy cat. Was this a bonus item from when the series was released? I couldn't find any info on it.
Probably a bonus item that came from RS.

I loved how we had this super long debate over which Gundam Mecha is the greatest lol. Can we go onto pilot now? Duo Maxwell or Amuro Ray for my favorite pilot 

bread's done
Back