Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Welp, IBO ended. My prediction was mostly right about how it would end, minus the theatrics I was hoping for. Overall I'm still not sure how I would rate this....7/8 maybe out of 10, with a lean towards 7. I like how Atra suddenly had a growth spurt there at the end, it really does make me think she is a lot younger than 16. Most people don't grow much more beyond 16 (except sideways). Solid show I would recommend.
It was an "okay" ending to a solid Gundam show. The time skip was nice seeing everyone grown up. But it was tacked on in the very end. I would've loved a full episode dedicated to the time skip.

It was an "okay" ending to a solid Gundam show. The time skip was nice seeing everyone grown up. But it was tacked on in the very end. I would've loved a full episode dedicated to the time skip.
I want an extended episode like Final Plus for SEED Destiny

That's more of a wrap up than most shows get...so I'm quite pleased with IBO from that perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how are folks initial views on the new shows? Here's what I've tried and my high level view (won't give descriptions on the shows):

Alice & Zoroku: Interesting start, has potential.

Eromanga-sensei: Also interesting start, has potential

Silver Guardian: I just found this boring and non-sensical. Didn't draw me at all

Clockwork Planet: This one surprised me a little. Clearly has an ecchi bend to it, but there's potential in the story

Hinako Note: I couldn't finish the first episode, I got bored. Maybe it'll be interesting, but it didn't grab me

Love Tyrant: This one is straight up retarded. I laughed a bit, but I don't know where it's going to go. I will probably give it a couple more episodes before keeping or dropping

Tsukigakirei: Seems like a casual, slice-of-life romance show with potential. Might be Rodimus' show for the season :p

Kado: The Right Answer: I don't know what the right answer is yet for this one (har har). Initial premise seems stupid because they didn't explain shit. See what episode 2 brings.

Boruto: Naruto v 3.0 (if Shitpooden was v 2.0). Seems solid so far. I read the manga and don't remember anything that's going on right now, so I don't know how the show is expected to progress. One thing that irritates the hell out of me with this show are the fillers. Instead of trying a U.S. model of "seasons", they just keep pushing on and dilute the shit out of the franchise. I know they have a different TV system in Japan, but they really should address this

Royal Tutor: I think this is supposed to be a "pretty boy" show. Won't be watching it further, premise is stupid anyways.

Akashic Records: Ecchi bend to it, first episode was ok, will watch a couple more before dropping.

Re-Creators: Interesting first episode, not sure where they are going with this one. It could be the same boring premise or something unique. Will keep watching.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul: As usual, this show defies my expectations and comes up with a good story/show despite being based on a card game. I really enjoyed the last season and this one looks to be interesting too. So far the ties between the two seasons are very limited asides from timeline. Definitely going to keep watching.

Tsugumomo: Watched the first two episodes and it was ok. Since Olengie really likes it, will probably stick with it a bit to see where it goes

Starmyu Season 2: I watched about 30 seconds and wanted to throw up. Pass

Love Rice: It had an idiotic description and the show proved out that it was indeed an idiotic premise after about 1-2 min. Pass

For the continuing/new seasons of old shows:

DB Super: Continues to be one of the best shows. Yes, very biased

AoT S2: Meh? I feel like I need more than what they are giving me for this. Am I not going to watch it despite that? Hell no, going to watch it til the end.

Hero Academy: So far I can't stand the re-hash shit, like we suddenly went brain dead and forgot what happened not too long ago. Glad after 2 episodes we're finally getting somewhere.

Berserk: As usual, I have no clue where the author is going with this story. I don't think he does either. Will watch though to see where this train wreck ends up.

Thanks for the synopsis. I haven't watched much of the spring season since I'm wrapping up the winter season. All I've seen so far are returning shows:

Berserk - This is about where I left off in the manga so this is all new stuff for me. The 3D is still bad, and the camera swooshing is annoying. The thing is I don't mind 3D anime, but this show is a mess to watch. It's such a shame B=but I'll still watch it.

AoT S2 - It's been so long since season 1, I kinda forgot the characters. I had to do a little re-cap to catch myself up. Still a great show, great OP. I love the mystery behind what exactly is going on.

Hero Academy S2 - Hell yeah, a tourney arc. I love any kind of tourney arcs in anime. They're always the best. Can't wait for more.

Tsukigakirei, Alice & Zoroku & Eronmanga-sensei have my interest. Once each show are 2 episodes in I'll give them a watch.

I really like Renai Bouken too. Tbh. I only liked it for Akane. 

But they're going too fast imo. If it keeps going on the way it is, they'll probably catch up to the latest chapter this cour.

The Boruto anime will be its own thing. There are too little chapters. Unless they are already doing it, they'll adapt the Boruto Movie into a full cour and what little chapters there, and then move on to do its own thing. It will truly be Naruto GT. (I dont really like Boruto. I like Sarada more. )

This show is called "What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?". What idiot came up with that and thought it was a brilliant show name? Even as a novel, it's stupid, assuming it's based on one. That being said, asides from the EXTREMELY CHEESY intro that left a bad taste in my mouth, the second half of the show wasn't bad. See how it goes....god I hope they figure out a shorter version of this idiot anime's name. I'll call it 3Q since it's 3 questions. There. Win.

This show is called "What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?". What idiot came up with that and thought it was a brilliant show name? Even as a novel, it's stupid, assuming it's based on one. That being said, asides from the EXTREMELY CHEESY intro that left a bad taste in my mouth, the second half of the show wasn't bad. See how it goes....god I hope they figure out a shorter version of this idiot anime's name. I'll call it 3Q since it's 3 questions. There. Win.
Is there a secret competition to come up with the most long winded, stupid titles? They're not cute, they're annoying. When it comes to talking about them the community has to come together and agree on an abbreviation of your stupid name.

I'm debating again: Anime night or Zelda night? There's so much new anime I haven't checked out, I'm so behind. But I'm closing in on the end of Zelda.

Is there a secret competition to come up with the most long winded, stupid titles? They're not cute, they're annoying. When it comes to talking about them the community has to come together and agree on an abbreviation of your stupid name.

I'm debating again: Anime night or Zelda night? There's so much new anime I haven't checked out, I'm so behind. But I'm closing in on the end of Zelda.
Haha I hear Zelda is amazing. As a gamer, I think it's wise to stick to the game until you finish it. It's really hard to drop and pickup a game like the new Zelda later.

You're going to get a lot of long titles from LN adaptations. 

Some of them are hilarious.

I saw one that was "My Mom and I got transported to another world and she's really good" or something like that. I really want to read that. LOL

I believe the accepted shortening of the show is sukasuka.

me I would choose an anime night, but that was because I didn't like the new Zelda game at all and thus quit in general after a few hours :p
I

me I woulds there a secret competition to come up with the most long winded, stupid titles? They're not cute, they're annoying. When it comes to talking about them the community has to come together and agree on an abbreviation of your stupid name.

I love the new Zelda, even got my daughter really into it. But that's a different debate for a different topic.

Watched The Laughing Salesman and it was interesting. It's exactly like Stephan King's Needful Things but a little more goofy. The Salesman offers a service to needy customers but there's an unsaid stipulation and the customers will over indulge.

Also caught up with Yowapeda. I'm not feeling to hot about Shohoku's chances this time around. The third years seem a little weak this year. Focus is on Teshima this season, but I find him a little boring.

I love the new Zelda, even got my daughter really into it. But that's a different debate for a different topic.

Watched The Laughing Salesman and it was interesting. It's exactly like Stephan King's Needful Things but a little more goofy. The Salesman offers a service to needy customers but there's an unsaid stipulation and the customers will over indulge.

Also caught up with Yowapeda. I'm not feeling to hot about Shohoku's chances this time around. The third years seem a little weak this year. Focus is on Teshima this season, but I find him a little boring.
I agree on Yowapeda. I haven't been as hot on this season. There's no character build up, which was nice the first time around. They are just going to spend a ton of time in the race sections and it'll be boring.

I agree on Yowapeda. I haven't been as hot on this season. There's no character build up, which was nice the first time around. They are just going to spend a ton of time in the race sections and it'll be boring.
I'll still watch every minute of it (I love all the after credit scenes) but it was so much fun watching Onoda's struggle throughout the first year. Now that his skill is established he seems to have taken a supporting role throughout most of this season.

Part of me wants to root for Hakone Academy this time around. I don't think Shohoku deserves it.

So I guess I missed this Grimoire of Zero show, I didn't realize it was this season. I like it so far though! Has the potential to be pretty deep and dark. If it has a manga/LN it's based off of, Olengie probably knows if it's good or not :p

So I guess I missed this Grimoire of Zero show, I didn't realize it was this season. I like it so far though! Has the potential to be pretty deep and dark. If it has a manga/LN it's based off of, Olengie probably knows if it's good or not :p
Unfortunately, I have not read Grimoire of Zero. Just not enough time. I'm as new to it as you are. So let's enjoy this journey together like Youjo Senki

EDIT: Actually there is a manga. I'll give that a read over the weekend and see how I like it

Mmm, AoT finally hit a chord in me with this episode. Also watched the first episode of the DanMachi spin off. For those that watched the original series, it starts at the same time point as that one, but from the perspective of the blond chick. Hopefully this ends up as good as the other show. Also watched the 2nd episode of the Re-Creators show.....this looks like it will be a very fun show to watch. Kind of tickles the anime nerd vibe in you. I'm liking this season so far!

Mmm, AoT finally hit a chord in me with this episode. Also watched the first episode of the DanMachi spin off. For those that watched the original series, it starts at the same time point as that one, but from the perspective of the blond chick. Hopefully this ends up as good as the other show. Also watched the 2nd episode of the Re-Creators show.....this looks like it will be a very fun show to watch. Kind of tickles the anime nerd vibe in you. I'm liking this season so far!
I forgot about the DanMachi spin off. That's another one I need to check out. I enjoyed the orginal.

Re-Creators was recommended to me for being just being crazy. I don't know much about it, other than fictional characters come to life or something like that.

I finished Zelda so more time for TV. But now I also have Persona 5 which I just started.

Liking Re Creators. 

I'm fairly certain the Narrator is the creator of the Machine Gun Princess. Like, part of an unfinished work he started

Liking Re Creators.

I'm fairly certain the Narrator is the creator of the Machine Gun Princess. Like, part of an unfinished work he started
To your spoiler, yes, something from his past work and I agree. I think they are making that pretty obvious.

I forgot about the DanMachi spin off. That's another one I need to check out. I enjoyed the original.

Re-Creators was recommended to me for just being crazy & over-the-top. I don't know much about it, other than fictional characters come to life or something like that.

From what I've seen I like Alice & Zoroku, Tsukigakarei & Bastard Magical Instructor. I tried Love Tyrant but it's a little too much.

Also need to watch Eromanga Sensei since I heard is by the same guy as Oremino.

3Q building up more back story....I kind of wish we could binge anime like we can binge shows on Netflix. I want to see the result of all this back story build up already! lol Oh I forgot to mention, asides from the ridiculous name to the show, the main heroine's name is "Clit-oly" (or close to it). Either the japanese don't know what they're doing or they do and are just pervs. I'll put a 50/50 weight to that.

Is 3Q what we're calling the WorldEnd anime? I'll get around to it soon. I hear good things.

But I agree with the Netflix treatment to some (not all) anime. Reminds me of ReLife. I loved binging it but It's hard to remember anything about it.

Some anime I try to hold off on till the seasons over with. But I usually get drawn into.

Is 3Q what we're calling the WorldEnd anime? I'll get around to it soon. I hear good things.

But I agree with the Netflix treatment to some (not all) anime. Reminds me of ReLife. I loved binging it but It's hard to remember anything about it.

Some anime I try to hold off on till the seasons over with. But I usually get drawn into.
Yeah, that's how Crunchy shortened it, WorldEnd. I like 3Q better. It's an appropriately short name in contrast to the retarded 3 sentence title.

The Pacing for Love Tyrant is pretty fast, which is unfortunate.
It's a really predictable show....not sure it's worth watching honestly. If it wasn't for the occasional humor because of how bad it is, I wouldn't watch it at all lol. I'm guessing the manga was better.

That was easily the worst episode of DB Super since it started. What a complete waste of time.
I saw the trailer at the end of last week's episode and it looked lame. Just Goku & 18 stooping intergalactic poachers. Then 18 will agree to help in the tourney. Throw away episode. Just get to real fights. In fact the last couple episodes have been boring.

Alice & Zoroku got dark an creepy real quick. Not sure if I like.

I need to check out WorldEnd (or 3Qs if you will)

Alice & Zoroku got dark an creepy real quick. Not sure if I like.

I need to check out WorldEnd (or 3Qs if you will)
Yeah I was a bit surprised by that, but that makes it a little more interesting for me. Less predictable and more depth.

World's End was pretty good. Made me think of ReZero a little. A charming story on the outside, but you know there's some dark shit going on and it's not going to be all happy fuzzy.

World's End was pretty good. Made me think of ReZero a little. A charming story on the outside, but you know there's some dark shit going on and it's not going to be all happy fuzzy.
Yea I just wish they didn't have that throwaway intro at the beginning that had no context and made no sense. Anime directors seem to like doing that...giving you a glimpse of the future and then starting their show. Is it because their show really sucks and they need to hook you that badly? That's what it smells like...

Yea I just wish they didn't have that throwaway intro at the beginning that had no context and made no sense. Anime directors seem to like doing that...giving you a glimpse of the future and then starting their show. Is it because their show really sucks and they need to hook you that badly? That's what it smells like...
Yeah, that was really weird. Both characters never mention it. It literally could've never happened and it would make no impact to the story.

Caught up with Yowapeda. Why's Hakone gotta be dissing on my boy Onoda? That's why you guys lost last time, you underestimated the power of hime. You'd think they'd learn their lesson instead of going in all cocky.

I honestly dislike Love Tyrant's manga. It's random and drags and drags. The anime is nicely animated...and i'm glad it's going fast. Sometimes the manga dragged too much. Course you don't get attached to characters like one of the MC's cupid friend. Show and manga are pretty stupid though....it's kind of a guilty pleasure of mine this season mainly cause the animation is very good.

I'm still going through some series but so far watching Sanei Flat, Sakura Quest, and Love Tyrant for now.

I honestly dislike Love Tyrant's manga. It's random and drags and drags. The anime is nicely animated...and i'm glad it's going fast. Sometimes the manga dragged too much. Course you don't get attached to characters like one of the MC's cupid friend. Show and manga are pretty stupid though....it's kind of a guilty pleasure of mine this season mainly cause the animation is very good.

I'm still going through some series but so far watching Sanei Flat, Sakura Quest, and Love Tyrant for now.
How is Sakura Quest? The description sounded really weak.

Love Tyrant is totally a guilty pleasure.
It's fun and stupid....I'm enjoying it. I'd rather watch it than a slice for life snoozefest like Hinako Note. I almost feel asleep watching the 1st episode (not an exaggeration I started dozing off 8 minutes or so into the episode). I usually watch anime before I sleep if this puts it in any context.

Anyone want a 48 hour crunchyroll guest pass? I have 2 that are unused, and I guess they rack up over time.

Membership Guest Pass
Receive a free 48-Hour Premium+ Guest Pass for every 30 days you are a Premium Member. Gift the Guest Pass to your friends so they can experience the Crunchyroll Premium+ Membership!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-04-28/gundam-build-fighters-teases-news-on-may-7/.115436

New series. Pls be a new series. :whee: :whee: Or at least the OVAs they fking promised a few years ago.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-04-28/futari-h-manga-holds-contest-to-guess-baby-name-sex/.115337

After twenty years and 70+ volumes, she's finally pregnant. Hot damn.

It's fun and stupid....I'm enjoying it. I'd rather watch it than a slice for life snoozefest like Hinako Note. I almost feel asleep watching the 1st episode (not an exaggeration I started dozing off 8 minutes or so into the episode). I usually watch anime before I sleep if this puts it in any context.
I probably only liked the manga as much as I did because of Akane. And the two milfs. :lol: Guri's mom is cool too.

AoT has been on a roll these past two episodes. I can't wait to see how it progresses further. Finally some of the plot is opening up! Also quite happy with Sword Oratoria, Re-Creators (though the last episode had way too much chatter), and Grimoire of Zero. GoZ has a lot of chatter too, but a lot of it is establishing the world and characters, which is ok. Akashic Records is also going very well. This season has a surprising number of quality shows! If any of you are watching stuff on CR, they did put up Attack of Bahamut (the first season) if you wanted to catch up on that and start watching season 2. It is surprisingly good for a show based on a shitty card game.

bread's done
Back