Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Restaurant to Another World - This actually had some closure which was unexpected. I was only watching this for the food. It was my food anime until Food Wars starts up in a couple weeks. 5/10

A Centaur's Life - What a weird final episode. Nothing really happens, it just ends. The show introduced so many characters but it didn't really go anywhere. It's like "here's the mermaid character, you'll never see her again." The show did that a lot. 4/10

In Another World With my Smartphone - I'm guessing we get another season of this with the way it ended. But it totally spoiled it at the end showing you all the girls he'll eventually hook up with. But I did like the fact the MC might marry his entire harem. 6/10

Classroom of the Elite - Another show I'm guessing we get more of. I liked this show more towards the end when they were at the island. I got a little lost when they were explaining how exactly Class D got the most points, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt and accept it. I'll defiantly watch another season 7/10

Tonight I'll finish up Convenience Store Boyfriends and Gamers!. Overall this season was very weak. Besides My Hero and Super there wasn't anything I was really looking forward to. I do need to catch up on shows like Made in Abyss and check out Ballroom.

Restaurant to Another World - This actually had some closure which was unexpected. I was only watching this for the food. It was my food anime until Food Wars starts up in a couple weeks. 5/10

A Centaur's Life - What a weird final episode. Nothing really happens, it just ends. The show introduced so many characters but it didn't really go anywhere. It's like "here's the mermaid character, you'll never see her again." The show did that a lot. 4/10

In Another World With my Smartphone - I'm guessing we get another season of this with the way it ended. But it totally spoiled it at the end showing you all the girls he'll eventually hook up with. But I did like the fact the MC might marry his entire harem. 6/10

Classroom of the Elite - Another show I'm guessing we get more of. I liked this show more towards the end when they were at the island. I got a little lost when they were explaining how exactly Class D got the most points, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt and accept it. I'll defiantly watch another season 7/10

Tonight I'll finish up Convenience Store Boyfriends and Gamers!. Overall this season was very weak. Besides My Hero and Super there wasn't anything I was really looking forward to. I do need to catch up on shows like Made in Abyss and check out Ballroom.
Abyss and Ballroom are the stars. Classroom is the dark horse that may end up amazing or shit if they continue. Gamers! is just pure fun and entertaining. This last episode was the obligatory onsen visit with naked women shots for half the episode. Ignoring that it was amusing.

Shingeki Bahamut Virgin Soul just ended and I have to say it was awesome. Just like the first season that surprised the hell out of me, this one was also a winner. I hope they keep doing these random one-off seasons of a stupid card game in anime form. Best adaptation ever.

What shows should we be watching this season?

I already have Food Wars, Kino's Journey, 3 Gatsu no Lion, Yokai Apartment & Gintama. What am I missing?

Personally watching UQ Holder. Magician's Bride, Shokugeki no Soma. 

Things I'll be keeping an eye on will be Ousama Game (read the manga), Inuyashiki (read the manga), Houseki no Kuni, and a few others. 

I'll do like I always do and try to watch everything and then end up dropping everything but 3 anime or so. Always happens. Already did drop Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara. Short and pretty boring equals an easy drop.

I want to see Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Dies Irae (Need to play VN), and Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi (VN was good). I am trying out about 80% of the anime. I usually give 2 episodes unless the 1st episode is horrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up for Crunchyroll Premium. Hoping to watch more anime. Every since getting a car (an no longer having a train commute) my time to watch anime and movies has decreased drastically.

Going to give The Eccentric Family a try, heard great things about it and I tend to enjoy slice of life shows.

I bunch of shows premiered today and CR is crashing due to heavy traffic.

I usually like watching 2 or 3 episodes to gauge whether I'll stick with a show. Obviously I don't watch everything, but if I'm remotely interested I give it the 2 episode chance.

But while nothing has been on I've been catching up with G Gundam. Ahhhhh pure 90's anime goodness. Also One Piece which I was a year behind. I put on hold after the exhausting Dressrosa arc. I was One Pieced out, but now I'm in the mood again.

I started watching Welcome to the NHK. I didn't realize it had nothing to do with the TV station haha. I'm at the multi-level marketing scheme and boy did I see this coming lmao. This show is a mix of utterly depressing and interesting. Still not sure how I feel about it. I think it could have been 12/13 episodes and worked great. 

I started watching Welcome to the NHK. I didn't realize it had nothing to do with the TV station haha. I'm at the multi-level marketing scheme and boy did I see this coming lmao. This show is a mix of utterly depressing and interesting. Still not sure how I feel about it. I think it could have been 12/13 episodes and worked great.
Without spoiling anything I don't like where the show went in later episodes. It got dark and depressing and it turned me off.

So what are we calling Goku's new form Dragon Ball Super? Silver God?

I don't know if anyone else went and saw No Game, No Life Zero, but it was pretty good. I didn't leave there feeling as impressed as I was with Ordinal Scale, but I still liked it overall. It's really hard to enjoy a movie though with a pile of giant nerds around you with weird laughs at every little thing. They even re-used VAs for the two MC! I kind of associate the personalities of Sora and Shiro with those voices, so super-imposing them on two new personalities just throws me off. I was also pissed off by Sentai's 30 minute lead in, full of "in case you never watched this before" and "here's some spoilers for the movie you're about to watch". Who do you think is going to watch this movie? People who have never seen the anime before? Seriously? Get out. *sigh* I feel like if I watch it again later when the BD comes out I may feel a bit better about it. 

I see a Shuvi figure on sale, but it kind of feels like a clone of Shiro, who I already have a cool statue of. It's still tempting me though. The attention to detail is fantastic, though the hair color is definitely borked - just like with Shiro's statue. Any other fans of the anime that saw it and had thoughts? Be interested to read them.

I don't know if anyone else went and saw No Game, No Life Zero, but it was pretty good. I didn't leave there feeling as impressed as I was with Ordinal Scale, but I still liked it overall. It's really hard to enjoy a movie though with a pile of giant nerds around you with weird laughs at every little thing. They even re-used VAs for the two MC! I kind of associate the personalities of Sora and Shiro with those voices, so super-imposing them on two new personalities just throws me off. I was also pissed off by Sentai's 30 minute lead in, full of "in case you never watched this before" and "here's some spoilers for the movie you're about to watch". Who do you think is going to watch this movie? People who have never seen the anime before? Seriously? Get out. *sigh* I feel like if I watch it again later when the BD comes out I may feel a bit better about it.

I see a Shuvi figure on sale, but it kind of feels like a clone of Shiro, who I already have a cool statue of. It's still tempting me though. The attention to detail is fantastic, though the hair color is definitely borked - just like with Shiro's statue. Any other fans of the anime that saw it and had thoughts? Be interested to read them.
I mean they reused them in the japanese version as well.

and there was story reasons for that. so I am fine with it.

either way I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

still hoping that there will be a second season... but the writer hasn't released much recently for it so there is currently only enough content for a second season and nothing more, so they will likely wait a few more years when there is a bit more so a season 3 isn't forever after season 2.

the movie clearly had hopes for a second season. and sales in general were good.

I mean they reused them in the japanese version as well.

and there was story reasons for that. so I am fine with it.

either way I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

still hoping that there will be a second season... but the writer hasn't released much recently for it so there is currently only enough content for a second season and nothing more, so they will likely wait a few more years when there is a bit more so a season 3 isn't forever after season 2.

the movie clearly had hopes for a second season. and sales in general were good.
Yeah I watched the sub, not the dub. I was half-hoping at the end I'd see "Coming soon, season 2!". I haven't read any of the manga/light novel/whatever it's based on, so I'm not sure what the story rationale is for MC voices being the same and probably don't want to know :) Sad that the writer hasn't released more content though as I agree that will hurt the chances of season 2 arriving. Typically anime is used to sell more copies of the written materials, so without more content to sell, it's less likely we'll get an anime.

Yeah I watched the sub, not the dub. I was half-hoping at the end I'd see "Coming soon, season 2!". I haven't read any of the manga/light novel/whatever it's based on, so I'm not sure what the story rationale is for MC voices being the same and probably don't want to know :) Sad that the writer hasn't released more content though as I agree that will hurt the chances of season 2 arriving. Typically anime is used to sell more copies of the written materials, so without more content to sell, it's less likely we'll get an anime.
huh... it was in the movie why they were the same.

Sora/Shiro are the reincarnations of the characters in the movie given their second chance to be together for ever :p

but yeah I know the writer wants to make more anime. and after the poor adaption of his other property it's likely he will focus on no game no life again.

book 4 (the one after the first tv series) is going to be odd to animate though. It's beach episode... the arc lol.

Sora/Shiro are the reincarnations of the characters in the movie given their second chance to be together for ever :p
That did not come across at all nor did it make any sense to me whatsoever. The other people in the theater felt the same when the VA mentioned it. They are from a fundamentally different world, so I don't see how they can be reincarnations. That is a huge stretch to me...is that better explained in the written materials?

That did not come across at all nor did it make any sense to me whatsoever. The other people in the theater felt the same when the VA mentioned it. They are from a fundamentally different world, so I don't see how they can be reincarnations. That is a huge stretch to me...is that better explained in the written materials?
I haven't read the 6th book yet, but I mean all it takes is a simple assumption that when someone dies in one world their reincarnation cycle sends them to a different world. That during that time it could take say... 6 thousand years for that other world to properly give birth to them, and that if you have a power of a god you are able to pull people between worlds.

I haven't read the 6th book yet, but I mean all it takes is a simple assumption that when someone dies in one world their reincarnation cycle sends them to a different world. That during that time it could take say... 6 thousand years for that other world to properly give birth to them, and that if you have a power of a god you are able to pull people between worlds.
Ok...so just theorizing then. Phew. Until proven otherwise I'll stand by my gripe lol.

I watched a few new shows finally.

King's Game - A Battle Royal knock off. It's been a while since I watched such a dark anime. I like it and looking forward to more. But the rapey scenes make feel uncomfortable.

Black Clover - First off I like the show. Let me get that out of the way. But damn is this show an unorginal cookie cutter shonen. King of Wizards but sucks at magic. It's like Luffy and Naruto did a fusion dance.

Juni Taisen - My favorite so far. Like King's Game another Battle Royal-eque show. I like the Chinese Zodiac spin and everyone has a hidden power. A lot of fun and I can't wait for more. 'I'm rooting for Chicken/Rooster

I also started watching New Game S2. I wanted to wait for the season to finish then binge. This will be a chill SoL to watch after a stressful day. Going to try Kino's Journey and Recovery of MMO Junkie tonight.

It's similar to Battle Royal in a way. Always enjoyed the "Death Game" genre. 

Just so you know, King's Game the Animation is an adaptation of the sequel of the Original Manga/Novel. And that Original Manga also has a prequel. 

It's similar to Battle Royal in a way. Always enjoyed the "Death Game" genre.

Just so you know, King's Game the Animation is an adaptation of the sequel of the Original Manga/Novel. And that Original Manga also has a prequel.
When something has the title of "The Animation" I kinda assume it's from a book or game. I'm asumeing the prequl is about MCs previous class with King's Game.

When something has the title of "The Animation" I kinda assume it's from a book or game. I'm asumeing the prequl is about MCs previous class with King's Game.
The anime going on right now is an adaptation of Ousama Game - Shunukyoku.

That is correct. It's just called Ousama Game. And then there is prequel to that one called Kigen that takes place in the 1970s.

They honestly shouldve adapted the Original .

I watched a few new shows finally.

King's Game - A Battle Royal knock off. It's been a while since I watched such a dark anime. I like it and looking forward to more. But the rapey scenes make feel uncomfortable.

Black Clover - First off I like the show. Let me get that out of the way. But damn is this show an unorginal cookie cutter shonen. King of Wizards but sucks at magic. It's like Luffy and Naruto did a fusion dance.

Juni Taisen - My favorite so far. Like King's Game another Battle Royal-eque show. I like the Chinese Zodiac spin and everyone has a hidden power. A lot of fun and I can't wait for more. 'I'm rooting for Chicken/Rooster

I also started watching New Game S2. I wanted to wait for the season to finish then binge. This will be a chill SoL to watch after a stressful day. Going to try Kino's Journey and Recovery of MMO Junkie tonight.
King's Game makes me uncomfortable in general. I like the concept, but I feel like the writing has been weak so far. BTW - did you catch that bonus episode of Amanchu? Was a nice slice of life relaxation episode compared to stuff like King's Game and Juni Taisen.

King's Game makes me uncomfortable in general. I like the concept, but I feel like the writing has been weak so far. BTW - did you catch that bonus episode of Amanchu? Was a nice slice of life relaxation episode compared to stuff like King's Game and Juni Taisen.
It's in my que. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Kino's Journey was what I expected. Kinda like Mushishi where it's episodic with a heavy message. The CR description spoils something about Kino.

Recovery of MMO addict was fun. I need something light with all this dark moody anime this season.

It's in my que. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Kino's Journey was what I expected. Kinda like Mushishi where it's episodic with a heavy message. The CR description spoils something about Kino.

Recovery of MMO addict was fun. I need something light with all this dark moody anime this season.
Food Wars :D

As I watch DB: Super and Universe 2's warriors...I really wish Freezer would fight them. The conversations alone would be hilarious

Black Clover is really stalling for time till it reaches the stupid Magic Knight Exam. Ep 3 never even happened in the manga. lol. They just went straight to the Exams. This thing is supposed to be 13 episodes unless they got more seasons planned (which is likely)

What a waste of an episode. 

I would like Asta a lot more if he didn't fking yell everytime he was talking.

Probably just going to waste Ep 4 with Yuno and Asta just walking around the City and finally reaching the entrance for the Exams.

Black Clover is really stalling for time till it reaches the stupid Magic Knight Exam. Ep 3 never even happened in the manga. lol. They just went straight to the Exams. This thing is supposed to be 13 episodes unless they got more seasons planned (which is likely)

Probably just going to waste Ep 4 with Yuno and Asta just walking around the City and finally reaching the entrance for the Exams.
I feel like the entire anime has been a waste of time so far....so many flash backs and stalls, I just don't understand what they are trying to do.

Well, this is a shame since I thought episode 2 was very poorly paced. You don't do a 90% flashback on the second episode. Get on with the story first, then hit on it later on.

Anyone else getting a "School Days" vibe from King's Game? I think I'm going to drop it before it becomes an epic turd.

Anyone else getting a "School Days" vibe from King's Game? I think I'm going to drop it before it becomes an epic turd
I enjoyed the first two episodes enough to keep watching. I feel uncomfortable during the molestation and potential rape scenes. If it gets to intense I may drop it. I can get enough survival anime from Juni Taisen Zodiac War.

I also watched the first season of Danganronpa. It was okay but some of the cases got a little predictable. How are the other seasons?

Juni Taisen - This is good. But the problem: it's clear who's going to be the next person to die by spending most of the episode on their back story only to kill them in the end. I hope by the next episode it breaks this trend. I want to be surprised, not waiting around until it happens.

Food Wars - This show always makes me hungry. I was in Taiwan last year so I'm familiar with some of the dishes featured in the last few episodes. That meatball curry soup thing looked freakin awesome.

Ancient Magus Bride - Pretty good blend of drama, sorrow, and comedy. I'll stick around to see where this goes.

Blend S - It's like a new season of Working! Me like

March Lion - So Gouto isn't such a prick after all. Rei deserved that punch.

Juni Taisen - This is good. But the problem: it's clear who's going to be the next person to die by spending most of the episode on their back story only to kill them in the end. I hope by the next episode it breaks this trend. I want to be surprised, not waiting around until it happens.

Food Wars - This show always makes me hungry. I was in Taiwan last year so I'm familiar with some of the dishes featured in the last few episodes. That meatball curry soup thing looked freakin awesome.

Ancient Magus Bride - Pretty good blend of drama, sorrow, and comedy. I'll stick around to see where this goes.

Blend S - It's like a new season of Working! Me like

March Lion - So Gouto isn't such a prick after all. Rei deserved that punch.
Yep, pretty much the same view as you, especially Food Wars. Love that show. Don't forget to watch UQ Holder, Inuyashiki and Imouto sae Ireba Ii. The last one starts off with a giant "WTF", but then the anime itself says "WTF". For a bizarre premise, there's a decent amount of depth to each character. It may end up being a giant turd, but it has potential to be quite entertaining. That one is definitely going to be dependent on your own personal tolerances though!

Yep, pretty much the same view as you, especially Food Wars. Love that show. Don't forget to watch UQ Holder, Inuyashiki and Imouto sae Ireba Ii. The last one starts off with a giant "WTF", but then the anime itself says "WTF". For a bizarre premise, there's a decent amount of depth to each character. It may end up being a giant turd, but it has potential to be quite entertaining. That one is definitely going to be dependent on your own personal tolerances though!
I want to watch Inuyashiki. I will get to it eventually.

Imouto sae Ireba Ii kinda scares me. I've been thinking about watching it. Maybe I'll give the first episode a go tonight. I just started watching Harmon Quest and I'm addicted to that. Plus I got Stranger Things S2 so my TV time is loaded. I still want to finish Made in the Abyss too.

bread's done
Back