Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to get it at GS for the challenge map. But it will be out in the future, like Crime Alley and I can get it for 47 bucks and have it shipped to me on Tuesday. That's a win for me.

And if something happens with my Amazon order, I still have my reserve at GS.

I've read the whole thread and I am sorry.

#1. The ToysRus deal is the BEST sign up and get $30 back c'mon

#2. The $50 Bonus from Amazon, is the way I went, remember trade in $50 worth of games and get that money plus 50% off Any videogame or accessory

#3. I ordered, the Batman PS3 Collectors Edition $99 Bucks, essentially came out FREE!! 50% off - $50 gift card!!!.

a. It has Exclusive Joker
b. The amount of swag it comes with is easily $99
c. Its a Freakin real size metal Batarang that Alone is worth $99, sharpen that baby up on a grinder and its a deadly weapon or Knife, if thrown can easily Kill.

That Kit alone is already fetching $200 on Ebay

[quote name='Master Ninja']I've read the whole thread and I am sorry.

#1. The ToysRus deal is the BEST sign up and get $30 back c'mon[/QUOTE]

Considering the drive alone, it certainly wouldn't be for me, and that you're not getting 30 "back". Case by case on this one.

[quote name='Master Ninja']
c. Its a Freakin real size metal Batarang that Alone is worth $99, sharpen that baby up on a grinder and its a deadly weapon or Knife, if thrown can easily Kill.[/QUOTE]

It's plastic. Supposedly good quality hard plastic, same material as legos, but plastic indeed and attached to its stand.

I'm sure it's on a case-by-case scenario, but what are the odds that Best Buy will match the $30 Toys R Us gift card option? I already have a BB gift card I could use for this so I'd prefer going there. And am I just hoping, or did someone mentioned that BB might just take the $30 off in lieu of the giftcard?

[quote name='gleditts']For those trying to score an early copy, check your local target . I just got the ps3 standard at mine in STL.[/QUOTE]

You spoil anything for us and it's a brick through your window! Or just really mean messages! Either way you'll get your what fors! Have fun with it.

[quote name='RedGamer']How much more is release-day shipping?[/QUOTE]

Around 5-6 dollars. Totally worth it.

I'm about to order from Amazon. Are there any more amazon codes that are still floating around from other offers? I'm paying for release date shipping. Also are there any unused Free ECA codes around or are they registered to your account?

[quote name='Birbo']I'm sure it's on a case-by-case scenario, but what are the odds that Best Buy will match the $30 Toys R Us gift card option? I already have a BB gift card I could use for this so I'd prefer going there. And am I just hoping, or did someone mentioned that BB might just take the $30 off in lieu of the giftcard?[/QUOTE]

I am sure they'll probably match it. If not, let them know your headed to TRU to purchase a copy heh :lol:

To the peps finding them at Target, whats the # DCPI?

Also, isn't the DS version getting the Joker mini game?

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']So you don't think it will just be a code that one can enter in the options menu? They have had "exclusive bonuses" like that before with Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, and Red Faction 3. They may have had it with other games as well, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

No, it can't be a code you enter into the options menu, because "Dem Bones" is DLC for EVERYONE, and it's DLC, not on the disc itself. You just get a free voucher for it if you preordered from GS. That's all.

Wow, those complaining on a lack of gameplay need to realize those comments are absurd. Even if a game does not have it's own engine (batman uses gow2-unreal 3) to create gameplay that lasts for 10 hours is quite an achievement. I'd prefer a tight knit game with plenty of unique situations, than one that is repetitive, just to lengthen the experience. Of course more is always going to be better but to expect a reasonable sized dev team to produce massive amounts of content is unrealistic (and riskier for the publisher).

I know that we are all CAGs but you can't expect A game to hit on all cylinders while still making the 2 year dev cycle.

Finally if u a gamer that is interested in just the one time experience of beating the game and that's it, just purchase the game at one of these discounted offers, stay up all night and beat it, then sell it for $40 either on here or amazon/craigslist/etc. Gamestop usually buys new blockbuster titles back at $30. I don't think you'd get less than $25 back if you sell it back in the first week

Might want to also add that the amazon exclusive comic book the road to arkham is going to be available for free on the Psn able to be downloaded and viewed on your psp if you have one I dont think its viewable on the ps3 itself though.

[quote name='Double-J']No, it can't be a code you enter into the options menu, because "Dem Bones" is DLC for EVERYONE, and it's DLC, not on the disc itself. You just get a free voucher for it if you preordered from GS. That's all.[/QUOTE]

the content is most likely on disc and what you're downloading is an unlock

[quote name='Master Ninja']
#3. I ordered, the Batman PS3 Collectors Edition $99 Bucks, essentially came out FREE!! 50% off - $50 gift card!!!.[/QUOTE]

Its not free. You applied 50% credit and a $50 gift card to a game when you could of got 2 full priced games for $40. Clearly you took the worse of the 2 options.

That Kit alone is already fetching $200 on Ebay

The batarang is plasic and permanently attached to a stand. It reminded me of happy meal toys.

As far as what the kit is "fetching". Not one auction has ended for more than $140 shipped and even that was a single exception. There is a $200 sale but if you took the time to read the fine print you'd see it was for 2 copies of the CE for either platform.

Went with Amazon on this one. Saved with the $5 off code and ECA besides the low price. I don't shop at Toys R us and the Gamestop DLC will probably be released on Live and PSN. It's just a challenge map, not worth my time if I can save money and just really want to play the story.

[quote name='Vortextk']Considering the drive alone, it certainly wouldn't be for me, [/QUOTE]

That's how I see it as well. The closest TRU is 30+ miles for me. Unless i'm in the immediate area I lose in gas alone. Clearly signing up for Prime trial membership, getting release day shipping, plus $5 off the $52.99 and applying a $10 GC from Madden 10 gave me the best deal at $37.99 without leaving home. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']That's how I see it as well. The closest TRU is 30+ miles for me. Unless i'm in the immediate area I lose in gas alone. Clearly signing up for Prime trial membership, getting release day shipping, plus $5 off the $52.99 and applying a $10 GC from Madden 10 gave me the best deal at $37.99 without leaving home. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Nice work!!!

Sweet - the PS3 collector's edition dropped to $90 on Amazon, plus the 5OFFARKM and ECA discounts are valid - it makes the price drop to a cool $76 instead of retail of $100.

I just bought two - one for me and one for a friend.

Sweet it is 89.99, but my order is still showing 93.99. Should I cancel and re-order or is it applied when it ships? I was thinking the price would automatically update in my order page, but I've never pre-ordered from amazon so I don't know if/where you see the price change.

Usually the price update will occur when the item actually ships, but if you worry about stuff like that just cancel and reorder.

Supposed to be the 25th. If that's right, I couldn't tell you ON the 25th or AFTER the 25th though, so if you want it from amazon, order asap.

[quote name='Vortextk']Sweet it is 89.99, but my order is still showing 93.99. Should I cancel and re-order or is it applied when it ships? I was thinking the price would automatically update in my order page, but I've never pre-ordered from amazon so I don't know if/where you see the price change.[/QUOTE]

Cancel and preorder again, apply the 5OFFARKM coupon. The coupon might be preventing it from showing the newly discounted price.

Amazon's the best dealer all around - everything comes earlier than I expect and it always updates you on all your orders.

Does Amazon remember when you apply a coupon? I tested out 5OFFARKM a good while back but never actually went through with the order until about six hours ago. And by never actually went through I mean deleted from cart and re-added last right before ordering. I went to use the code again but it said that it wasn't valid or something like that, but before I even entered a coupon I had a $5 discount out of nowhere. I assumed it was some sort of credit I had gotten somehow, but I don't remember ever getting any email about any credit like that other than the MP3 credit you get for buying games.

Thanks for any info!

[quote name='dstan']Does Amazon remember when you apply a coupon? I tested out 5OFFARKM a good while back but never actually went through with the order until about six hours ago. And by never actually went through I mean deleted from cart and re-added last right before ordering. I went to use the code again but it said that it wasn't valid or something like that, but before I even entered a coupon I had a $5 discount out of nowhere. I assumed it was some sort of credit I had gotten somehow, but I don't remember ever getting any email about any credit like that other than the MP3 credit you get for buying games.

Thanks for any info![/QUOTE]

Yup, Amazon remembers the previous coupon entry. That's where the $5 off came from.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up.

I WAS going to pre-order the CE from Gamestop to ensure I got the Dem Bones map, but since they decided to not take anymore CE pre-orders their loss is Amazon's gain.

I think this game is Gold Box proof. It just want go there ever and I don't thing I've seen one CAG mention getting it. $43 isn't bad at all plus you get a comic but that $30 GC will mean I can pay about $90 bucks for 3 brand new games when B2G1 rolls around later this year instead of $120. That would put my three games then at roughly $30 bucks a pop instead of rather than $40. Or if I was weird and wanted to include the $60 bucks from buying Batman, making for off the shelf games value $37.50 plus tax. o_O

Does anyone know when B2G1 for TRU starts normally? Second week of October I think. Hmmmm... Too soon maybe. Although there is the return policy.
Which could end up something like, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age Origins, and Batman all for $150. [SIZE=-1]http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74511

Also you could also probably add that with Amazon you get $5 worth of music. It's still a perk I guess.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='gryphter']the content is most likely on disc and what you're downloading is an unlock[/QUOTE]

While not huge, it's a big download for just an unlock, no?

Amazon price has dropped to $51.99 as of 10:05 am CST

PS3 version only.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Cancel and preorder again, apply the 5OFFARKM coupon. The coupon might be preventing it from showing the newly discounted price.

Amazon's the best dealer all around - everything comes earlier than I expect and it always updates you on all your orders.[/QUOTE]

I just called Customer Service and they said it will be reflected when it ships. I know that because of the preorder price guarantee that it's normally automatically applied, but I'll chance it. I wrote down today's date and the CSR I spoke with just in case I don't get the lower price when it ships and I have to make another phone call.

[quote name='fhamel']Amazon price has dropped to $51.99 as of 10:05 am CST[/QUOTE]

Only for the PS3 version it seems. The PS3 LE also seems to have dropped to $90, down from $94, though it must have happened recently as my order hasn't been price adjusted yet.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I just called Customer Service and they said it will be reflected when it ships. I know that because of the preorder price guarantee that it's normally automatically applied, but I'll chance it. I wrote down today's date and the CSR I spoke with just in case I don't get the lower price when it ships and I have to make another phone call.[/QUOTE]

That's probably safe too.

I can't believe how great this deal is. Not only I'm I getting the best Batman game ever made, but it comes with cool extras like the batarang and the comic book, and I'm getting it at 24% off while it's shipped on release day for free with Amazon Prime.

When buying two, I already covered the expense of the ECA membership.

Doh! ECA codes still not online. I'll probably miss this, but that's okay. I should spend my play money at Gamestop anyway I guess.

30.99 now with 50% off, 5$ off, base 10 bucks off and eca, for the collector's. Of course that's free shipping so it'll take a little while to get here =/

[quote name='Vortextk']30.99 now with 50% off, 5$ off, base 10 bucks off and eca, for the collector's. Of course that's free shipping so it'll take a little while to get here =/[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?!? :shock:

ECA doesn't work for me right now, and where's this 50% off thing coming from? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO question I'd buy this for $31! :bouncy:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Wait, what?!? :shock:

ECA doesn't work for me right now, and where's this 50% off thing coming from? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO question I'd buy this for $31! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It was a video game trade in promotion Amazon had that ended around this time last month. Unfortunately it's changed to a $30 off code, which is also awesome if used in the right situation.

And I really need to convince one of my relatives to shell out for Prime, and then act shocked when I see they can share it with me! Already used my Prime trial long ago, and FSSS just seems so sluggish now :whistle2:(

Yeah, trade in 50$+ of games last month and get a 50% off coupon any videogames/accessories. Sweet freaking code, wish I had more stuff to trade, only got 1. I was using it on demon's souls, which seemed like a waste when the game was only 70$, but the hype train for batman started to build up(and I freaking love batman), so putting it on this CE seemed like a better way to use it. I didn't want any of the other stuff like fighting game sticks, rock band or MW2 prestige.

Oooooh, right. Okay thanks.

And yeah, Prime is awesome. I mean I feel kind of stupid paying for it (last two years), but it's just great. I like too that stuff comes UPS instead of some weird little carrier.

I try to combine orders as much as I can though, as I figure that's cheaper for Amazon (I guess) and it's more convenient for me since I'm not having to look for 12 packages or whatever.

I just pre-ordered from Amazon. Super Saver shipping had a ship date of August 31, so I upgraded to release-date delivery for $6. Still only $53 total.

[quote name='Master Ninja']I've read the whole thread and I am sorry.

#1. The ToysRus deal is the BEST sign up and get $30 back c'mon

#2. The $50 Bonus from Amazon, is the way I went, remember trade in $50 worth of games and get that money plus 50% off Any videogame or accessory

#3. I ordered, the Batman PS3 Collectors Edition $99 Bucks, essentially came out FREE!! 50% off - $50 gift card!!!.

a. It has Exclusive Joker
b. The amount of swag it comes with is easily $99
c. Its a Freakin real size metal Batarang that Alone is worth $99, sharpen that baby up on a grinder and its a deadly weapon or Knife, if thrown can easily Kill.

That Kit alone is already fetching $200 on Ebay[/QUOTE]
IMO Amazon is the best deal because I rarely go to TRU and I wouldn't use the giftcard.

[quote name='fhamel']Amazon price has dropped to $51.99 as of 10:05 am CST

PS3 version only.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks balls for 360. That would've made a coupon eca deal, about $40 bucks. $20 off game now and $5 of music might top a $30 gift card which could lead to $12 off in the future. o_O Xerxes no to hot with decisions.

For anyone that has a faint recollection of older titles doing this or just has any idea of what is happening now I have a question: why?

Why is this getting such good deals all over the place? 40$ at a lot of stores in canada(where their game prices are already higher than the US 60$ standard anyway), TRU gift card(which I hear is common, but 20 or even 30$?!), amazon with a pretty hefty discount and a coupon code.

Is it because it started getting good pre-orders at one store that everyone jumped in at the competition trying to get a piece of the pie? Is it just coincidence that a bunch of different places ran a great deal all on the same game? It's getting rave reviews with a title character that everyone knows, so I don't think "crappy" can be the justified reason. Not a big deal, I mean hey it's great for us, I just find it odd.

Great question. How this all works is so confusing some times.

I do hope the game's good...the developer is kind of unknown though, so maybe that has something to do with it? Or not...

Video game sales have been way down this year. Perhaps retailers are trying to jump start sales for the 3rd-4th quarter and being as this isn't a sequel so doesn't have a built in video game fanbase already, but does have good name recognition, they decided to focus on this title to see how well they could juice initial sales. Just a guess.

[quote name='blissskr']Or maybe it a great lose leader to draw in business which is the most likely scenario with the popularity of the game.[/QUOTE]

Good theory for a store, but not for amazon.

Well maybe...I mean people might stick other stuff in their cart or something, or sign up for the first time...maybe.

[quote name='Bucknut']Good theory for a store, but not for amazon.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Amazon just really loves us but is too shy to say it.

bread's done
Back