Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raiborg']Called a bb minutes ago and was informed of the following: 25% for 3 or more, no madden, 40% for preorder and apparently the 2 stack. Any truth to any of this?[/QUOTE]
Your BB is stupid.

[quote name='DerClaw']Your BB is stupid.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Will go in person and report back soon. btw is it also true you cant pm if you take advantage of any tiv bonuses?

[quote name='Raiborg']My thoughts exactly. Will go in person and report back soon. btw is it also true you cant pm if you take advantage of any tiv bonuses?[/QUOTE]

Why would those things be tied together at all? Your place sounds really stupid. At the very least just buy it and then go to the customer service desk and PM and there's no way you'd know.

I've bought 2 copies of madden, pm'd to TRU and both used to get the 50%

The 50% thing is just a radio button that they click when giving you the trades, so it is up to the blueshirt though and it sounds like yours is going to be really dumb.

What I'd do is just do the trade in and say something like "I'd like to buy madden and get the bonus when you get to that screen" and say you're going to buy madden after you get your GC. Then get madden and then try to PM it, don't tell them you're PM'ing before they do the bonus.

Can anyone tell me if they ever traded at Best Buy in Frederick, MD?

I have read online that the store sucks on customer service.

They do take games without receipt, but not sure if they take games without cases or not.

[quote name='Raiborg']Called a bb minutes ago and was informed of the following: 25% for 3 or more, no madden, 40% for preorder and apparently the 2 stack. Any truth to any of this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the employee who told me that didn't know what she was talking about. Deal is as advertised in op with the exception of trade 3 or more for 30% being trade 2 or more for 25%.

I know BB has loosened up on their game requirements (case, manual) but will they take my Killzone 3 that says not for resale (no upc)? It's currently $20 or $30 with the 50% Madden bonus.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, I have to hand it to the Best Buy in Wilkes Barre, PA. I was going to preorder Disgaea 4 to get the 40% so the guy does his business and doesn't even ask what I am preordering, I just told him I am gonna preorder a game, he just gives me my GC for the $33 and leaves. Now they did not have Disgaea 4 in the system but no one questioned me about a preorder so I walked out with the extra 40% without a preorder. Either way gonna grab Disgaea 4 with the credit on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I traded in some games today as well and I told the guy I was going to preorder, so we went over to the kiosk printed out the preorder coupon and he went in and added the promo to my trades without me even having to pay for the preorder. So it seems the two arent tied together in the system.

[quote name='Midnight Express']I know BB has loosened up on their game requirements (case, manual) but will they take my Killzone 3 that says not for resale (no upc)? It's currently $20 or $30 with the 50% Madden bonus.[/QUOTE]

I've found that it's easier to just bring it in disc only rather than to try to argue about the lack of barcode.

Aggravating, but that's the way it is.

[quote name='handsomepete']I've found that it's easier to just bring it in disc only rather than to try to argue about the lack of barcode.

Aggravating, but that's the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about that...

[quote name='handsomepete']I've found that it's easier to just bring it in disc only rather than to try to argue about the lack of barcode.

Aggravating, but that's the way it is.[/QUOTE]

I have a stupid question, but how do you transport the games to bb if they take disc only, especially in the case of gamestop used game cases?

[quote name='Midnight Express']I know BB has loosened up on their game requirements (case, manual) but will they take my Killzone 3 that says not for resale (no upc)? It's currently $20 or $30 with the 50% Madden bonus.[/QUOTE]
I traded that version in over a month ago and had a slight issue. The guy scanning it paused when he saw the lack of a barcode, but then told me he could just enter in the game title and the computer was fine with that. I directly asked him if I couldn't have just taken it out of the case and simply given him the disc, and he said that actually would work fine. In either case, the employee just manually enters the title. Employee laziness is the only deterrent to that solution.

Just bring it in the case, then, if they say it lacks a barcode, take it out of the game case and trade-in the disc without it. They give the same value.

[quote name='Raiborg']I have a stupid question, but how do you transport the games to bb if they take disc only, especially in the case of gamestop used game cases?[/QUOTE]

You can carry them in, sleeve them or use generic jewel cases. What I do is just remove the case art which just leaves the green case. And yes I have fought with an idiot manager that shouldn't be anywhere near a computer. I was trading in about 20 of my personal collection (not even flips) and had the promo sport champions game that he pulled up as the 3rd game. It , of course, said not for resale. He kept saying it would be illegal if they were to purchase it. Blah blah blah for like 3 straight minutes. After explaining that they take disc only and trying to convince him I gave up as it turned into a "I'm right, you're wrong" situation. When that happens you will never win with a power-tripped "authority" figure. I said ok thank you for your time, took all my games and left.

15 minutes later I walked back in with a stack of loose games only. The manager was still at the gaming counter talking to the 2 "gaming experts" (or whatever they call them now). The discs all had to be stickered and I made sure everyone was on nice and tight. Walked straight up to the manager and said I have some games to trade in. Of course good ole Sports champions was on top. He said he couldn't take it again; to which the gaming experts said "why not?". He fumbled all over his own words trying to explain away why he wasn't able to.

This time he didn't have to fight me, but instead explain to his own employees the procedures that they clearly knew. Needless to say after a few minutes the manager walked away in a little hissy fit and the employees rang me up. I felt bad, apologized for making more work for them and offered to go get the cases and they told me that it was fine.

Since then I just toss out the case art for any game that may cause me fits.

I've had no issue with the 'not for resale' games because most of the employees know that they can take disc only games so they just look it up. The employee that rang up by Blockbuster flips today was telling me that they ship all their used games to warehouse where they are able to print off game covers for games that don't have them and fix them all up for retail, my guess would be they just use a cover art with a UPC for those games.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I've had no issue with the 'not for resale' games because most of the employees know that they can take disc only games so they just look it up. The employee that rang up by Blockbuster flips today was telling me that they ship all their used games to warehouse where they are able to print off game covers for games that don't have them and fix them all up for retail, my guess would be they just use a cover art with a UPC for those games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll be headed off to BB tomorrow to knock out my trade-ins. I've heard people having luck with getting the 50% Madden bonus then getting the TRU price match to $44.99, which would be awesome. Last time the guy did my trade-ins and rang up my preorder / purchase, also. Some of you are lucky to just get the preorder printout and never actually have to preorder anything.

Lol tonite was interesting. I traded in bout 50 games, 30 being ps2. huge flip. 220 profit, 550 giftcard ;)
lol also cuz derclaw met me while i was there with my wife, kids n baby and chatting up with redhead chic. she ended up coming over for a bbq cuz she said she only had $30 and some rice. haha.
but yeah good day, and then i hit up borders for 70% off and got tons of books. but yeah no probs today ;)
that dave blonde hair kid that took you up front derclaw is a cool guy too, he always jokes around and lets me do any flips/whatev w coupons etc. he used to give me the free stuff with rz coupon and just walk out. i just wish it had penny guides. peace all

oh yeah and i was one of those lucky to get madden pricematched for 45, just noticed it changed today on the website to 59.99. i then traded it back in today for 45 cuz i was too honest and telling people i already used online pass(doh, i didnt even play online) and they would need to buy another one. so oh wells for selling it for 50 on cl. but also got 50% bump so woot.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, I have to hand it to the Best Buy in Wilkes Barre, PA. I was going to preorder Disgaea 4 to get the 40% so the guy does his business and doesn't even ask what I am preordering, I just told him I am gonna preorder a game, he just gives me my GC for the $33 and leaves. Now they did not have Disgaea 4 in the system but no one questioned me about a preorder so I walked out with the extra 40% without a preorder. Either way gonna grab Disgaea 4 with the credit on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
When I did some trades at that store the other day, they didn't keep pressing the issue of pre-ordering anything either, but I figured that I should do it 'by the book' and did the $5 deposit anyway.

Of course I'll probably cancel before the game is released(Uncharted 3) anyway, but I didn't know it didn't make a difference if I pre-ordered or not.

BB has had a great long running trade in promo forever now. I don't think I've stepped into a GS to do a trade in for like 2 months now. That's a personal best for me.

[quote name='Donut2922']BB has had a great long running trade in promo forever now. I don't think I've stepped into a GS to do a trade in for like 2 months now. That's a personal best for me.[/QUOTE]

GS's answer to the competition from BB appears to have been to deluge the market with crappy offers. I guess they are hoping BB will copy them or something?

Also, yeah, it was cool to confirm who you were Velo :)

Guess I"m going to have to try the PS2 flip thing with them.... man, it's such a good margin, I just don't like the idea of flipping 100 games. The guy that went up front was cool, though.

The girl that was checking you out would not let me use my coupon for brink/hunted twice, she made me buy a 2nd mag. Oh well. I guess having extra coupons will be nice if something else comes up while I'm in town.

[quote name='Donut2922']BB has had a great long running trade in promo forever now. I don't think I've stepped into a GS to do a trade in for like 2 months now. That's a personal best for me.[/QUOTE]

That's cause GS likes to run their store like shit. Organize your games assholes. It's not hard to move games around in order when it's slow. Instead they just play games. Also quit gutting shit, damn that's annoying.

yeah derclaw, i didnt mean to send you away when you came on up I just knew we were gonna take awhile cuz i had a pile of games still to go and the grrls were just chatting and i was playing with my baby, so it's all good.
bestbuy tradeins been good lately

So when I was trading in some Blockbuster flips yesterday the guy working said that they are having a conference soon where they will be able to bring up questions and ideas for the trade in program. He said he intended to bring up the ability to completely pay for a pre-order up front, I suggested he bring up being able to add new trade credit to a per-existing gift card. If you trade even somewhat regularly you wind up with a stack of them for no good reason; they can add credit to a gift card normally, why not for trade-ins?

So I already hit my 3 title limit this week, and was wondering, would another store allow me to trade in another 3 titles? I guess I could also just sign up for another RZ account and toggle between 2 (or more accounts) when trading in to avoid any bans using one account per store to avoid complications of them seeing you have multiple RZ accounts. My only concern is that they require your ID so in theory both accounts would be tied to the same ID info assuming they record the DL # and info. I know if you do ont have your card you can use a phone #, to access your account.

[quote name='nakanenui']So I already hit my 3 title limit this week, and was wondering, would another store allow me to trade in another 3 titles? I guess I could also just sign up for another RZ account and toggle between 2 (or more accounts) when trading in to avoid any bans using one account per store to avoid complications of them seeing you have multiple RZ accounts. My only concern is that they require your ID so in theory both accounts would be tied to the same ID info assuming they record the DL # and info. I know if you do ont have your card you can use a phone #, to access your account.[/QUOTE]

It's a limit of 3 copies of a title (per platform) in a YEAR, per person/address. So unless you have another ID with a different address you'll almost certainly get banned. Even then, the names being identical with different addresses may still get you flagged.

You likely could trade to a different store, and have them accept it, but you'll likely be banned next time you go to try and trade in.

And just to clarify, the limit is 3 copies of the same game on the same platform (meaning that you can potentially trade 6-9 copies of the same game between Xbox, PS3 and Wii). There is no limit to the number of different games you can trade in, which is almost what your post reads like. You can trade 300 games in a week so long as you aren't trading in more than 3 copies of any one game on the same platform.

[quote name='Raiborg']I have a stupid question, but how do you transport the games to bb if they take disc only, especially in the case of gamestop used game cases?[/QUOTE]

I used an empty DVD-R spindle. I had a few lying around the house. During the trade the manager asked what I was going to do with it because he wanted to keep it for the loose discs. I should have asked for a free mag or penny guide or bonus or something... haha. I have another set of games to trade in but I am just going to take them in loose.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's a limit of 3 copies of a title (per platform) in a YEAR, per person/address. So unless you have another ID with a different address you'll almost certainly get banned. Even then, the names being identical with different addresses may still get you flagged.

You likely could trade to a different store, and have them accept it, but you'll likely be banned next time you go to try and trade in.

And just to clarify, the limit is 3 copies of the same game on the same platform (meaning that you can potentially trade 6-9 copies of the same game between Xbox, PS3 and Wii). There is no limit to the number of different games you can trade in, which is almost what your post reads like. You can trade 300 games in a week so long as you aren't trading in more than 3 copies of any one game on the same platform.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone's been banned for taking additional copies to other stores. The people that have said they were banned were people that seemed to be causing a scene, combined with dick managers that look up the history, and then ban them from that store.

There are plenty of people trading more than 3 copies via different stores.

Further, as I've said plenty of times: If you call the trade in line they say that the stores can make any policies they want regarding the number and quality of games they accept, ergo, they can take 100 copies of one game if they want.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah derclaw, i didnt mean to send you away when you came on up I just knew we were gonna take awhile cuz i had a pile of games still to go and the grrls were just chatting and i was playing with my baby, so it's all good.
bestbuy tradeins been good lately[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's all good. I thought you were suggesting I go up and have one of the CSR people up there do it. I was fine with it once I realized one of the game people were actually doing it.

I want you to come with me when I try to trade in some PS2 games. I'm going to hit some of my Southerly GS for the deal, presuming you didn't come down here and clean them out already.

Quick question for those who pre-ordered Madden from BB, did you get the preorder bonus codes in the case? Because mine had no codes, just a generic one for EA's Online Pass, are they emailing those codes out?

I know there has been talk of returning preorders but what about if I take advantage of the trade in bonus with madden today. I don't really care for madden, will I be able to return it and keep my bonus?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']i know there has been talk of returning preorders but what about if i take advantage of the trade in bonus with madden today. I don't really care for madden, will i be able to return it and keep my bonus?[/quote]

[quote name='merchie89']probably been asked but i dont care: I am gonna go to best buy and trade in some games, can i do the madden 12 deal and then just return the game later for my credit? Already have madden from amazon pricematching toys r us for me, but i wanna get some credit for upcoming releases.[/quote]

[quote name='derclaw']i don't think you can. At least when i picked up my pre-order the blueshirt took out this dremel tool kit and drilled a little hole in the disc. He said it would not harm gameplay, but they do that to prevent returns of pre-orders.[/quote]

[quote name='derclaw']why do people keep asking this question? Of course you can return anything you damn well want to return, but you are risking eventually getting yourself blacklisted or worse, killing the golden goose and making it like rz points, so that nothing posts for 35 days (and you can never figure out when something worked correctly).

Just buy the damn game, pm it for 45, and sell it on cl if you don't want it.[/quote]

it lives!!!!!!

EDIT: watch out for the dragon, btw.

[quote name='TheBiz']Quick question for those who pre-ordered Madden from BB, did you get the preorder bonus codes in the case? Because mine had no codes, just a generic one for EA's Online Pass, are they emailing those codes out?[/QUOTE]

They were supposed to be e-mailed out. You need to contact BB (but be prepared to wait and be passed around -- i've been being passed around from one person that can't handle it to another since Tuesday morning).

I've been told by several, though, that if you're going to get a code by e-mail without having to hassle bb, then you'd have it by now.

[quote name='DerClaw']I don't think anyone's been banned for taking additional copies to other stores. The people that have said they were banned were people that seemed to be causing a scene, combined with dick managers that look up the history, and then ban them from that store.

There are plenty of people trading more than 3 copies via different stores.

Further, as I've said plenty of times: If you call the trade in line they say that the stores can make any policies they want regarding the number and quality of games they accept, ergo, they can take 100 copies of one game if they want.[/QUOTE]

Some people have reported going to trade and being denied because they were locked out in the system. It doesn't appear to be immediate, but at least every now and then they do seem to take a look at your trade in history. I was in the computer a total of six times due to typos, now I'm down to three. Obviously they do occasionally go over this info.

Not wroth the risk for $1.40 on some PS2 games, but that is my opinion I guess. I'd rather be able to keep trading a month from now.

[quote name='DerClaw']They were supposed to be e-mailed out. You need to contact BB (but be prepared to wait and be passed around -- i've been being passed around from one person that can't handle it to another since Tuesday morning).

I've been told by several, though, that if you're going to get a code by e-mail without having to hassle bb, then you'd have it by now.[/QUOTE]

I got one and I cancelled my pre-order. System's crazy yo.

I contacted that guy Kyle on the BB Community Forums that Enuf is always talking about, and he was able to get me a code within 24 hours. Great CS...

Since it would probably be frowned upon if I asked this in the Kmart thread, how do I price-match the KmartGamer.com specials at Best Buy? I really wanted to get The Fight: Lights Out for PS3 but it was out of stock at my local Kmart.

[quote name='sgaldis']I contacted that guy Kyle on the BB Community Forums that Enuf is always talking about, and he was able to get me a code within 24 hours. Great CS...[/QUOTE]

Weird. He's one of the guys that passed me off...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Some people have reported going to trade and being denied because they were locked out in the system. It doesn't appear to be immediate, but at least every now and then they do seem to take a look at your trade in history. I was in the computer a total of six times due to typos, now I'm down to three. Obviously they do occasionally go over this info.

Not wroth the risk for $1.40 on some PS2 games, but that is my opinion I guess. I'd rather be able to keep trading a month from now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think there is a definite risk in trading more than three, but I think given their stance on that the stores can do whatever they want, there is an argument that it is OK. Maybe that would hold some water? I don't know. I feel like the risk is worth it and if it's not then I guess I made a mistake.

EDIT: They just can't say that the stores can do whatever they want, IMO, and then say that that actually means that the stores can only make it harder to trade in than it's supposed to be. Either the stores have to follow the rules, or they don't.

[quote name='DerClaw']They were supposed to be e-mailed out. You need to contact BB (but be prepared to wait and be passed around -- i've been being passed around from one person that can't handle it to another since Tuesday morning).

I've been told by several, though, that if you're going to get a code by e-mail without having to hassle bb, then you'd have it by now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll wait a little longer since I just picked up the game yesterday and if I still don't see it then I guess I'll have no choice.

[quote name='DerClaw']Oh, I think there is a definite risk in trading more than three, but I think given their stance on that the stores can do whatever they want, there is an argument that it is OK. Maybe that would hold some water? I don't know. I feel like the risk is worth it and if it's not then I guess I made a mistake.

EDIT: They just can't say that the stores can do whatever they want, IMO, and then say that that actually means that the stores can only make it harder to trade in than it's supposed to be. Either the stores have to follow the rules, or they don't.[/QUOTE]

Where have you read that stores can do what they want? Not saying you didn't read that somewhere, but a. that is very atypical for any corporation to say, and b. I would like to see that for myself.

I've been reminded multiple times by store employees of the three game limit, so clearly they are being told by corporate that is the case. BB might apologize for the "confusion" and unban your account (but if they can see that you were clearly trading between two stores, or if you do it again I imagine they won't budge).

So has anyone run into a PS2 game that does not get < 1$, I had limited myself to sports games in the past, but it looks like just about any game gets 1$ minimum.

ok answered my own question, traded in another 24 games today (to pay for my bulletstorm), and all the GS 99c games resulted in a minimum of 1$, I plan on grabbing another bunch tonight to trade at another store. This is intoxicating !!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Where have you read that stores can do what they want? Not saying you didn't read that somewhere, but a. that is very atypical for any corporation to say, and b. I would like to see that for myself.

I've been reminded multiple times by store employees of the three game limit, so clearly they are being told by corporate that is the case. BB might apologize for the "confusion" and unban your account (but if they can see that you were clearly trading between two stores, or if you do it again I imagine they won't budge).[/QUOTE]

It's not written anywhere, but I have had multiple problems with BB trade ins in store and have called corporate multiple times about this and every time I am told that the stores can make their own policies regarding trade ins. I have written down the dates, times, and people I spoke to, in case I ever need it (they are not with me at work though).

Obviously this is not ironclad and requires BB to be reasonable, but if corporate's stance is that the stores can make their own policies, then that goes both ways: If they think I'm shady and only want me to trade in 1 game, then that's their policy; conversely, if they've gotten to know me and realize that these games are legit and want to take more than 3 games, then that's their policy.

The counterargument is that the 3-game limit is posted and applies everywhere, but if you call and are told they can do what they want and that online and in store are separate, then it's up in the air, IMO.

My advice would be that if you definitely want to be in it long-term, and don't want to have to have a fight with BB down the road, then keep it to a limit of 3/year between online and in store. However, I would also point out that NOBODY could ever say they were shocked if somebody were to get banned for "abusing the system" even if they stayed within the limit (i.e., never traded in more than 3 per system, but you've got like 3 STFUII for xbox, 3 for ps3, 3 for wii... etc.... Would you be shocked if BB banned that person? I would not be shocked in that situation).

[quote name='DerClaw'] However, I would also point out that NOBODY could ever say they were shocked if somebody were to get banned for "abusing the system" even if they stayed within the limit (i.e., never traded in more than 3 per system, but you've got like 3 STFUII for xbox, 3 for ps3, 3 for wii... etc.... Would you be shocked if BB banned that person? I would not be shocked in that situation).[/QUOTE]

How exactly are you abusing the system if you stayed within the limit? I mean BB says 3 per game per platform. How are we supposed to believe anything they say if they ban people for following their rules. In this case I would be shocked.

My store takes the 3 limit as a 3 per day kind of thing. I've traded in atleast nine brinks (18 total ps3/360) 4 bulletstorms 6 two world twos 5 madden 11 and soon to be 6 move heroes and 6 super monkey ball 3ds never had a problem.

Manager doesn't care as long as its legal

[quote name='Raiborg']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Best buys around me are saying they need case and disc. Anyone trade with disc only in NYC?[/QUOTE]

1 of the stores in Brooklyn say technically they suppose to do disc only and Not for Resale trades even I get a different employee from the same store who wouldn't do it so I guess it depends who there. But check the Union Square store because they took my Not for Resale games so maybe they will take in disc only as well.

[quote name='Raiborg']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Best buys around me are saying they need case and disc. Anyone trade with disc only in NYC?[/QUOTE]

Try the best buy at 86th and lexington. I asked the guy there if they were strict on case and disc and he said no. Been going there with no problems ever since but then again I would never trade in a disk only game.

I asked in store about limits and the store manager said online and store were different, as I was afraid I might overlap. I then asked what the store policies were to which he replied " there is no standard, but most stores will tell you that it's the same limits as online". He went on" After that it is atthe managers discretion..." then stating the deny any trade for any reason clause.

The register won't allow them to take kore than 3 of the same sku in one transaction. Also they can see past trade ins. One commented on I have a ton of credit, so don't know if it shows a total number of all trade ins, if so then that could be a very useful stat to start banning people with.

[quote name='TheBiz']Thanks for the info, I'll wait a little longer since I just picked up the game yesterday and if I still don't see it then I guess I'll have no choice.[/QUOTE]

I finally got a sort-of response. He said that I need to check my receipt for the purchase and the pre-order and see if my e-mail is correctly listed, otherwise I have to go back to the store to correct it.

My email is not on any receipt -- nor has it ever been. It's always correct when my RZ info comes up, though. What is supposed to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back