Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people keep asking this question? Of COURSE you can return anything you damn well want to return, but you are risking eventually getting yourself blacklisted or worse, killing the golden goose and making it like RZ points, so that nothing posts for 35 days (and you can never figure out when something worked correctly).

Just buy the damn game, PM it for 45, and sell it on CL if you don't want it.

[quote name='DerClaw']I don't think you can. At least when I picked up my pre-order the blueshirt took out this dremel tool kit and drilled a little hole in the disc. He said it would not harm gameplay, but they do that to prevent returns of pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen that, lol. That's insane. Just return your shrink wrapped copy from Amazon, and call it a day.

Well I assume amazon will then void my promo credits. I would just pre order something else but don't know if I will be living in area when they release

[quote name='DerClaw']I don't think you can. At least when I picked up my pre-order the blueshirt took out this dremel tool kit and drilled a little hole in the disc. He said it would not harm gameplay, but they do that to prevent returns of pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking. If BB drills a damn hole in my copy of Driver I'm gonna flip.

[quote name='bsmiff']I hope you're joking. If BB drills a damn hole in my copy of Driver I'm gonna flip.[/QUOTE]

Can't flip it either, if it's got a hole in it ;)

do you mean he drilled a hole in the case? thats a whole different story. drilling a hole in the disc will definitely have an impact on the game: the disc integrity would be lowered and worse case scenario the disc shatters/splinters inside your system and then you are hosed.

[quote name='nakanenui']do you mean he drilled a hole in the case? thats a whole different story. drilling a hole in the disc will definitely have an impact on the game: the disc integrity would be lowered and worse case scenario the disc shatters/splinters inside your system and then you are hosed.[/QUOTE]

No, he drilled the hole in the game disc. He also then drilled a hole in my finger with the same dremel tool kit. He said that that way they could match the game to the person, by matching there serrations on the dremel tool, in case somebody else tried to return or trade in the game.

[quote name='DerClaw']No, he drilled the hole in the game disc. He also then drilled a hole in my finger with the same dremel tool kit. He said that that way they could match the game to the person, by matching there serrations on the dremel tool, in case somebody else tried to return or trade in the game.[/QUOTE]

164.jpg

[quote name='dgwillia006']
164.jpg
[/QUOTE]

He then summoned a tiny blue best buy dragon to follow me home and make sure that I played the game in a appropriate best buy-approved fashion. The dragon also authenticates the dremel tool holes each time I play a game (or select a play in-game).

went to return a few pre orders at the roseville michigan best buy and they gave me hard time but did it . they pissed me off so i canceled and returned all my pre orders and got a visa master card for the rest of my credit 135 in all cash out

the preg lady was saying why pre order and bring it back thats a waste of time . gave her my ID she tossed it back at me i told her " listen mind your own biz and do my return and i don't know if your preg or just fat but with the way your acting i will be shocked if the baby is not born retarded"

preg cracker: thats uncalled for

me: well i can talk and treat you anyway i want to

preg cracker: well i don't have to do your return

me: yes you do now shut up and do your job

preg cracker : thank you sir come again

[quote name='darkvulture']went to return a few pre orders at the roseville michigan best buy and they gave me hard time but did it . they pissed me off so i canceled and returned all my pre orders and got a visa master card for the rest of my credit 135 in all cash out

the preg lady was saying why pre order and bring it back thats a waste of time . gave her my ID she tossed it back at me i told her " listen mind your own biz and do my return and i don't know if your preg or just fat but with the way your acting i will be shocked if the baby is not born retarded"

preg cracker : thank you sir come again[/QUOTE]

Clearly fake, since you did not get drilled with a dremel tool. :cool:

That's definitely the internal monologue that I'm having whenever I'm in BB, though, so I hope it's actually true!

[quote name='darkvulture']went to return a few pre orders at the roseville michigan best buy and they gave me hard time but did it . they pissed me off so i canceled and returned all my pre orders and got a visa master card for the rest of my credit 135 in all cash out

[quote name='DerClaw']Clearly fake, since you did not get drilled with a dremel tool. :cool:

That's definitely the internal monologue that I'm having whenever I'm in BB, though, so I hope it's actually true![/QUOTE]

its true that are just pissed i got over 240 out of them this week

after my madden (with price match) and street fight ae and killzone and demon souls with all with 10% off and still had almost 130 left over and would have spent that in store but they pissed me off now i have cash to spend it anywhere i see fit

GOOD JOB BEST BUY

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone know when Best Buy update the trade system? (In Est)

Hoping it will stay until tomorrow.....[/QUOTE]

From what I saw around 3-4Am est. But I have seen it change mid day before (only once)

i saw thread activity and freaked tiv's dropped. nope just dremel talk, lol.
yeah if you don't wanna worry bout madden just sell on cl for 50, people will still jump for that happily.

Did my 1st no case trade of GS PS2 1$ sports games last night, traded a 1.50$ HDMI cable to GS and in bought 8 games with the B2G2 free promotion, and traded them for 12$ at BB (after 50% madden promotion), and still have a 1$ left over at GS

Considering the effort involved I doubt I'll do it again, but it was fun to try.

No wonder that store needs an ID, license plate number, thumbprint, and a picture at time of pre-order/trade-in. People like you ruin it for everyone.

[quote name='Ultragamer']No wonder that store needs an ID, license plate number, thumbprint, and a picture at time of pre-order/trade-in. People like you ruin it for everyone.[/QUOTE]

NOTHING wrong with trading in games they take ps2 games i had a bunch of ps2 games so i traded them in nothing wrong with that i did do anything wrong

that store is in a trailer trash area and the people that work there are meth head fools

[quote name='merchie89']Shoot, didnt even think of getting a visa prepaid with my credit.[/QUOTE]

didn't ether till last night someone said it wish i had known when i had the larger amount but hey better late then never

[quote name='darkvulture']NOTHING wrong with trading in games they take ps2 games i had a bunch of ps2 games so i traded them in nothing wrong with that i did do anything wrong

that store is in a trailer trash area and the people that work there are meth head fools[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about your attitude - not the fact that you flipped games over to Best Buy.

[quote name='RCS0926']I think he's talking about your attitude - not the fact that you flipped games over to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

don't like people tossing things at that shows no respect for the person spending time and money in the store

[quote name='RCS0926']I think he's talking about your attitude - not the fact that you flipped games over to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

He's probally too far gone to realize how screwed up he is.

[quote name='darkvulture']don't like people tossing things at that shows no respect for the person spending time and money in the store[/QUOTE]

I understand why you were upset, but I think you might have taken it too far with your response. Still, I wasn't in your shoes, so I can't say for sure how I would've reacted. I'd like to think I'd be more composed, but who knows? I've never had someone rudely toss my ID back at me.

[quote name='Velo214']i saw thread activity and freaked tiv's dropped. nope just dremel talk, lol.
yeah if you don't wanna worry bout madden just sell on cl for 50, people will still jump for that happily.[/QUOTE]

STL if full of a bunch of nubs that just e-mail and ask if you still have it and then you reply immediately and never hear from them again.

EDIT: well that and people that think it's cool to refuse to meet anywhere and want me to drive like an hour and a half to their house to get rid of a game.

[quote name='dgwillia006']He's probally too far gone to realize how screwed up he is.[/QUOTE]

well she got on my bad side . when i worked in crappy jobs like that i use to get treated like that all the time its apart of your job ...but i never tossed anything at anyone

[quote name='RCS0926']I understand why you were upset, but I think you might have taken it too far with your response. Still, I wasn't in your shoes, so I can't say for sure how I would've reacted. I'd like to think I'd be more composed, but who knows? I've never had someone rudely toss my ID back at me.[/QUOTE]

I had something similar happen to me once at a Gamestop. Employee got snarky at me for cancelling a pre-order (Was going to be on vacation, so i'd have no way to have gotten it, but i was planning to pre-order something else from him so he wouldnt be negative for the cancel). Ended up cancelling ALL of my pre-orders under his name, then came back the next day and re-ordered them with the manager (Along with telling him the incident after he asked me what happened)

Either way, if you were THAT offended, just tell the manager or something. Dont completely insult the woman over something so trivial.

Just a heads up for everyone, if you use your Reward Zone card you do not have to save your receipt. Any Best Buy associate can look up your previous sales through a program called "Customer Contact Manager (CCM)". You have to use a credit card or put your RZ card on the transaction in order for it to be in there, but we save all transactions for at least the past five years. Hopefully this clears some stuff up for you.

I just worked the Madden midnight sale at my store and looked it up for several customers.

[quote name='DerClaw']STL if full of a bunch of nubs that just e-mail and ask if you still have it and then you reply immediately and never hear from them again.

EDIT: well that and people that think it's cool to refuse to meet anywhere and want me to drive like an hour and a half to their house to get rid of a game.[/QUOTE]

yeah i hate selling on CL i'm not driving to detroit at 11pm ...i was born at night not last night lol

[quote name='dgwillia006']I had something similar happen to me once at a Gamestop. Employee got snarky at me for cancelling a pre-order (Was going to be on vacation, so i'd have no way to have gotten it, but i was planning to pre-order something else from him so he wouldnt be negative for the cancel). Ended up cancelling ALL of my pre-orders under his name, then came back the next day and re-ordered them with the manager (Along with telling him the incident after he asked me what happened)

Either way, if you were THAT offended, just tell the manager or something. Dont completely insult the woman over something so trivial.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, if he complains to a manager nothing happens, so then if he really wanted to do something, he'd have to take it up the chain to corporate. If he does that, there is a chance she loses her job. In this situation some customer yelled at her and it was over and there are no long term repercussions for the girl he yelled at.

[quote name='DerClaw']In fairness, if he complains to a manager nothing happens, so then if he really wanted to do something, he'd have to take it up the chain to corporate. If he does that, there is a chance she loses her job. In this situation some customer yelled at her and it was over and there are no long term repercussions for the girl he yelled at.[/QUOTE]

yup it ended right there laughed at her and walked away with my visa card full of money ..i don't want anyone to lose their job so i didn't complain just put her in her place real quick

[quote name='darkvulture']yeah i hate selling on CL i'm not driving to detroit at 11pm ...i was born at night not last night lol[/QUOTE]

Some dude came to my office in downtown STL at like 11:30 last night to get Madden. I'm not sure which one of us was the crazier person for doing that.

[quote name='reapersaurus']Tron dropped from $13 TIV to $7 overnight.[/QUOTE]

ask the person to check again if your trading in multi copies of a game they sometimes link up as one or something ...when i did the swfu2 trades they said 5 each they looked again and boom back to 12 each

[quote name='reapersaurus']Tron dropped from $13 TIV to $7 overnight.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I see it as $9 for xbox/ps3 and $8 for Wii.

[quote name='reapersaurus']Yep - changed again, to $9 now.
I didn't know that trade-in site had prices that changed so often...?[/QUOTE]
it doesn't

I wonder if Best Buy is actually going to go through the trouble of selling all of those craptastic disc only PS2 sports games. The employee at my store said they'll probably just trash them.

Anyone trade in :ps3:The Force Unleashed 2 today? The website still lists $12, just wondering if anyone can confirm the value in-store.

[quote name='dino88']Anyone trade in :ps3:The Force Unleashed 2 today? The website still lists $12, just wondering if anyone can confirm the value in-store.[/QUOTE]

I traded in the 360 version for $12.

Wow, I have to hand it to the Best Buy in Wilkes Barre, PA. I was going to preorder Disgaea 4 to get the 40% so the guy does his business and doesn't even ask what I am preordering, I just told him I am gonna preorder a game, he just gives me my GC for the $33 and leaves. Now they did not have Disgaea 4 in the system but no one questioned me about a preorder so I walked out with the extra 40% without a preorder. Either way gonna grab Disgaea 4 with the credit on Tuesday.

Called a bb minutes ago and was informed of the following: 25% for 3 or more, no madden, 40% for preorder and apparently the 2 stack. Any truth to any of this?

[quote name='Raiborg']Called a bb minutes ago and was informed of the following: 25% for 3 or more, no madden, 40% for preorder and apparently the 2 stack. Any truth to any of this?[/QUOTE]

That would be crazy if it stacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back