Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I panicked a bit after getting home with my (best buy in-store) preorder yesterday and not having any DLC code on the receipt (and reading this thread). I called the store last night and a very helpful manager new exactly what to do and sent me a code via email within 10 minutes. Then, today, I got a second email with a code (presumably from the actual preorder pick-up). Still waiting for the purchase to show up at myrz.com to verify whether or not I get the 1000 bonus

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, I just went back again and looked, and now I see what you are talking about. At the bottom in a blue box it does say "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000". My purchase price for Borderlands 2 is listed as $7.99/$8.47 w/tax, which is also really weird. In any case, hopefully that means I'm set even though it's not showing as pending. This thing sure is confusing/a mess.[/QUOTE]

Did you use gift cards or prior RZ certificates for purchase. It only lists price you actually paid in cash for points earned

Yeah its confusing, but your good. Hopefully they actually redeem it within 2 weeks so I can use for RE6.

[quote name='godsmack13']According to the good gaming rep I deal with, BB was actually aware of this problem a while ago, and sent out directions on how to correct the problem to stores. The real problem comes in when you get stuck with someone doing the transaction who wasn't told or didn't listen to directions :)

And for whoever asked the other day, yes, they need to hit F11 to "package out" the items to get it to work properly.

FoS, I would think you should be fine for AC3, worse case scenario, a phone call or 2. As for Halo, no such luck without renewing.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't have my 1000 points showing in my transaction. Even if BB corrected the problem, some of us had preorders that were put in before they reprinted the cards and added the POP displays (like 4 months ago).

It's a moot point since there is nothing that can be done on my end to fix the issue other than inform them and others of the error.

Trade-in credit on a gift card. But I'm pretty sure the total I had to pay beyond that was less than $8.xx, so it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

[quote name='crunchewy']If I do another pre-order, I will definitely be doing it online. If you pick in-store pickup, though, are we still subject to this craptastic system where the cashiers have to be trained in how to do it right, and aren't?[/QUOTE]

No they don't do anything. Just make sure your gamers unlocked is linked to your Best Buy online account. To speed up process have your drivers license, credit/debit card, and order number when you pick up at customer service.

[quote name='slowdive21']Well, I don't have my 1000 points showing in my transaction. Even if BB corrected the problem, some of us had preorders that were put in before they reprinted the cards and added the POP displays (like 4 months ago).

It's a moot point since there is nothing that can be done on my end to fix the issue other than inform them and others of the error.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was saying though. They were informed to scan the opposite bar codes for PS3 and PC for the pre order. And for those that were supposed to have a pre order for PS3 but it was rung up as PC, there was supposed to be a process for the cashier to follow at pick up for you to correctly get the PS3 DLC and activate the 20 dollar cert.

I guess the trick at this point is finding the gaming rep or CSR that actually got that information. Or having lots and lots of patience dealing with them over the phone or through the forums. GL.

[quote name='godsmack13']That's what I was saying though. They were informed to scan the opposite bar codes for PS3 and PC for the pre order. And for those that were supposed to have a pre order for PS3 but it was rung up as PC, there was supposed to be a process for the cashier to follow at pick up for you to correctly get the PS3 DLC and activate the 20 dollar cert.

I guess the trick at this point is finding the gaming rep or CSR that actually got that information. Or having lots and lots of patience dealing with them over the phone or through the forums. GL.[/QUOTE]

I had a manger ring me out (had to pm TRU GC). He was able to correct the dlc problem, but I guess the 1000 he could not. I have to follow up with BB anyway, but I want other who have had the same experience (at least 3 or 4 other CAGS) to see where to post.

[quote name='slowdive21']I had a manger ring me out (had to pm TRU GC). He was able to correct the dlc problem, but I guess the 1000 he could not. I have to follow up with BB anyway, but I want other who have had the same experience (at least 3 or 4 other CAGS) to see where to post.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, of course. I totally agree with you about making sure everyone knows where post if they were not able to get it correctly. I was just using your post as a reference point, so that if someone hasn't picked it up yet, they might be able to find someone who knows what the hell is going on while they're still in store :)

And FWIW, the gaming reps at my store know more about this (and the rest of the gaming deals, promos and trade ins) than the managers do lol

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Well, I had my points pending last night. I look today and they are gone :([/QUOTE]

weird, similar thing happened to me. it was pending in my account last night. today it's still there under my transaction list but not in my pending points count.

[quote name='DCpinoy']weird, similar thing happened to me. it was pending in my account last night. today it's still there under my transaction list but not in my pending points count.[/QUOTE]

Mine is also in my transaction but not pending yet

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.[/QUOTE]

Okay so since nobody bothered helping out with my previous related post, I might as well report back with my results. :roll: (not directed at you cancerman):

If you forget the SKU's that cancerman just used, you can just ask the cashier to hit the "F10" key before you make payment. The suggested sale option will come up and an option for the pre-order DLC will come up which has been pointed before will package out free with the game when the cashier hits total.

My points are all messed up. Looks like the 1k for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 skipped "pending" status and went straight to a redeemable $20 RZ cert this morning. I can't tell if this works out in my favor or not.

I wonder if the BB I pricematched Borderlands 2 at would also pricematch the Microsoft store preorder deal on Halo 4... hmmm... has anyone ever pricematched a preorder before? Is that even possible?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']My points are all messed up. Looks like the 1k for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 skipped "pending" status and went straight to a redeemable $20 RZ cert this morning. I can't tell if this works out in my favor or not.[/QUOTE]

I wish mine would do that lol

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Did you use gift cards or prior RZ certificates for purchase. It only lists price you actually paid in cash for points earned

Yeah its confusing, but your good. Hopefully they actually redeem it within 2 weeks so I can use for RE6.[/QUOTE]

I used a trade in card from bringing in games and i now have 1016 points for picking up Borderlands 2... 1000 preorder points, and then 2 separate 8 point bonuses for some reason. Its both in the transactions and pending sections.

Your post confused me though, isn't it supposed to take 4 weeks to get the 1000/$20 ?

I'd love for them to spit out the cert in a couple weeks so i can roll the game purchases into each other, i still have several more games to buy haha

[quote name='splattered']I used a trade in card from bringing in games and i now have 1016 points for picking up Borderlands 2... 1000 preorder points, and then 2 separate 8 point bonuses for some reason. Its both in the transactions and pending sections.

Your post confused me though, isn't it supposed to take 4 weeks to get the 1000/$20 ?

I'd love for them to spit out the cert in a couple weeks so i can roll the game purchases into each other, i still have several more games to buy haha[/QUOTE]

I have had both the madden and ncaa points posted 30 days from the date I preordered not the date I picked them up. Maybe the same is happening for people that are getting theirs now. My 1000 points was pending this morning but now it is not but still in my transaction history, the rewardzone points will probably straighten themselves out sometime soon anyways.

[quote name='crunchewy']Trade-in credit on a gift card. But I'm pretty sure the total I had to pay beyond that was less than $8.xx, so it still doesn't make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

I got the same situation where my purchase total was $6.77. That doesn't make any sense because I paid off the entire game with trade-in credit. Oh well, free points I guess.

My points also say that they will become available on or around 10/23/12.

I picked up my game on Tuesday and the transaction posted on my RWZ account today but no points or mention of them. I guess its time to call CS and see if I can some free certs thrown my way. :lol:

Well my transaction is up. The sku for the pre-order is there but as of now there is no 1000 bonus. I will give it a week or two before calling if it never shows. Has anyone had that yet? Transaction is there and points for the game but not the bonus?

[quote name='splattered']I used a trade in card from bringing in games and i now have 1016 points for picking up Borderlands 2... 1000 preorder points, and then 2 separate 8 point bonuses for some reason. Its both in the transactions and pending sections.

I'd love for them to spit out the cert in a couple weeks so i can roll the game purchases into each other, i still have several more games to buy haha[/QUOTE]

Technically it takes 30 days, but NCAA and Madden both came earlier. Not sure why it takes longer than 2 weeks anyway.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well my transaction is up. The sku for the pre-order is there but as of now there is no 1000 bonus. I will give it a week or two before calling if it never shows. Has anyone had that yet? Transaction is there and points for the game but not the bonus?[/QUOTE]

That's what happened with Madden then eventually one morning I woke up to $20 gc redeemed for it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well my transaction is up. The sku for the pre-order is there but as of now there is no 1000 bonus. I will give it a week or two before calling if it never shows. Has anyone had that yet? Transaction is there and points for the game but not the bonus?[/QUOTE]

Yes, my transaction showed up first with just the regular points. Then a couple of days later the bonus points showed up in the transaction.

Same here read one post up :D. I picked mine up for the PS3 and I heard there was a mixup with the PC sku but everything looks correct on my end. *shrug*

[quote name='ky151']Yes, my transaction showed up first with just the regular points. Then a couple of days later the bonus points showed up in the transaction.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']That's what happened with Madden then eventually one morning I woke up to $20 gc redeemed for it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ky151']Yes, my transaction showed up first with just the regular points. Then a couple of days later the bonus points showed up in the transaction.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Same here read one post up :D. I picked mine up for the PS3 and I heard there was a mixup with the PC sku but everything looks correct on my end. *shrug*
.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...you guys are good. :)

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Technically it takes 30 days, but NCAA and Madden both came earlier. Not sure why it takes longer than 2 weeks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Because of the return policy. Otherwise you would have people returning the game after they got the points.

[quote name='aircobra']Because of the return policy. Otherwise you would have people returning the game after they got the points.[/QUOTE]

I guess. They should have option of no return to get points right away.

My 1000 points posted, but I still don't have my pre-order DLC. Don't care too much about the gun club one, all I really want is the Mechromancer DLC code.

Its one code for all of it.

I still haven't received my copy of BL2 in the mail yet, they shipped it over a week ago, but I saw the dreaded news, it was sent UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS, aka the slowest way to get something from point A to point B known to man. Their usual hangup is when it is transferred from UPS to the Post Office and my shipment is no different, has been in limbo since Tuesday. That or some USPS worker is playing my copy of Borderlands right about now.

Quick question. I just opened my B2 and the instructions were ripped and there were no codes in it. There isn't supposed to be a code with the game right? I know the one code printed on my receipt, but I am talking about an online code or something.

[quote name='slowdive21']Quick question. I just opened my B2 and the instructions were ripped and there were no codes in it. There isn't supposed to be a code with the game right? I know the one code printed on my receipt, but I am talking about an online code or something.[/QUOTE]

No code.

Went to gamestop to pick up a game and was talking to the manager about the bestbuy code mix up. He ended up asking me what system I got the game for and gave me a code for slaughter map and premiere club. Then went back to BB today and had the chick reprint my receipt with the code on it. I think one of the problems was that some employees were not told about bundling out the dlc. That or they just plain forgot to.

My transaction has updated and now includes the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" and the 1000 points are now pending. Awesome.

[quote name='ky151']All my recent points have cleared way before 30 days. I'm not sure if it's some kind of glitch or what.[/QUOTE]

The same thing has been happening to me as well. No idea why though.

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered... I am new to the gamer club unlocked program. Madden was my first preorder then purchase. I still have not received my $20 RZ cert for my purchase so I checked my account online and noticed that my Madden purchase was not on my account. I called support with my receipt info and the rep added the purchase to my account (it had been posted to a different RZ account number???).

My online account now shows that I purchased Madden but there is still no mention of the 1000 pending points. I had a $40 gift card from trading in NCAA that I used to purchase Madden and the remaining balance was put on my bank card. Did I forfeit any chance of getting my 1000 points/$20 RZ cert by using a gift card to pay for the purchase???? I didnt notice until after the fact that there are no RZ points for for purchases made with gift cards.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas. I was hoping to use the $20 RZ cert towards my FIFA pick up next week.

[quote name='asinginpix']I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered... I am new to the gamer club unlocked program. Madden was my first preorder then purchase. I still have not received my $20 RZ cert for my purchase so I checked my account online and noticed that my Madden purchase was not on my account. I called support with my receipt info and the rep added the purchase to my account (it had been posted to a different RZ account number???).

My online account now shows that I purchased Madden but there is still no mention of the 1000 pending points. I had a $40 gift card from trading in NCAA that I used to purchase Madden and the remaining balance was put on my bank card. Did I forfeit any chance of getting my 1000 points/$20 RZ cert by using a gift card to pay for the purchase???? I didnt notice until after the fact that there are no RZ points for for purchases made with gift cards.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas. I was hoping to use the $20 RZ cert towards my FIFA pick up next week.[/QUOTE]
You can use gift cards for getting the 20 cert. you sure you showed them your RZ when you picked up madden

I did it for Borderlands 2 and while picking that up, I also pre-ordered Halo 4 while I was there. I wish they did it for Forza Horizon as well.

[quote name='KENFL0']You can use gift cards for getting the 20 cert. you sure you showed them your RZ when you picked up madden[/QUOTE]

Yes! I had three separate transactions in a row. First - trading in NCAA. Second - picking up pre ordered Madden. Third - purchasing the DOTD $5 tom Clancy 3rd game. The madden transaction was the only one not posted to my account. Weird, right???

Glad to hear the gift card doesn't effect the $20 cert. So now I guess I need to contact customer service again to figure out why I still don't have the 1000 points. Thanks for the quick response!!!

Bonus is up. Major update to the system. About 10 different trade in/purchases cleared and silver account status updated. Only about $700 away...should get it no problems with trades and the credit card purchases.

Question: my points had 1129 pending but now its down to 129 pending? Is there any reason for that? I preordered Borderlands 2 and it had the points up and still there but I have no certificates ready? any reason?

Ah, that was easy...I preordered Dishonored :)360:) online for in-store pickup (along with the Whale Oil USB Lamp) to avoid any further mishaps. :D

After playing the RE6 demo, I decided I can wait for it to drop to ~$20-$30.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I guess. They should have option of no return to get points right away.[/QUOTE]this exact idea is posted on the forums page for voting will link when I get to a reg pc

[quote name='Brother Daz']Or just take $20 off the refund like target does.[/QUOTE]
Won't work how will the receipt register the online offer
[quote name='Vigilante']I decided I can wait for it to drop to ~$20-$30.[/QUOTE]
but that drop will happen w/i the 30-60 day window(also extended holiday return period I believe till mid Feb) & u won't have the $20 credit.

I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used an RZ cert on Borderlands 2...doh.

That's going to bite me in the ass with price matching isn't it?

[quote name='iduncurr']I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used an RZ cert on Borderlands 2...doh.

That's going to bite me in the ass with price matching isn't it?[/QUOTE]

No, if you tell the person you are pm-ing it with it should not be a problem at all, especially if you paid the amount you will pm in another form like money or gift card. Also where are you pm-ing it at?

I picked up my Best Buy pre-order today to maximize my price match window. The pre-order DLC was on the receipt and immediately sent to my e-mail as well so I'm not worried about receiving the $20 in Reward Zone certificates 30 days from now.

The associate who rang me out actually worked in the gaming department so maybe that's why it went so much smoother for me as opposed to going to customer service to finalize my transaction.

does anybody know how i can get the coupons you're supposed to get for signing up for gamers club unlocked?

specifically the save 50% on a strategy guide one

i wanna grab the borderlands 2 guide

I was finally able to fix the problem with my :ps3: preorder of BL2 thanks to an employee who was nice enough to give me a preorder DLC code for free given that I had proof that I was supposed to have received it but didn't.

It was all thanks to cancerman1120 for having the SKU available that it went as smoothly as it did, so thanks! :D

This $20 promo HAS been confirmed for the RE6 Anthology edition correct? I gotta hurry and preorder that so that I'm at least guaranteed a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back