CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give you my Rose. I'm a beyond crappy cutter so the edges are a little rough and the "turbo" box is a little wonky which doesn't show in the picture but otherwise came out great. Didn't expect that to take like 4 hours. Now I just need my buttons...

DSC_0523.jpg

Yeah Amused, cutting takes practice. I think it looks great for a first attempt. You gonna change the button layout when you get your new buttons?

[quote name='amusedtoe']
Edit- Wow that's awful having to use their software to get it up and running first time [/quote]

Next time you can do it in Disk management. Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management.

The art is a little busy for me, but I really like the 'reflection' in the black on the left.

Oh definitely, especially since I broke the retention clip on two of the buttons trying to get them out. >.< Going to be PS-14-KN for the main buttons, violet for punch, yellow for kick, and red for the bumpers. Black body buttons with clear plunger for start/back and to top it all off a violet bubble top. Got the cutouts from the buttons, which was the easiest cutting part actually, set aside and waiting for them. Hopefully Lizardlick will get to my order soon.

[quote name='JEKKI']hay Farushu, your PM inbox is full o_O

what's acrylic btw?? lol[/quote]

the clear plastic sheet people use for... who knows but a lot of people use it to place ontop of their arcade stick!

some fishtanks are made of acrylic.

what was the plastic thing u used/snapped?

how much was it btw? thanks :)

Ball or bat?

I wrap my index and middle finger around one it, and use the thumb for directional inputs that I can't do with the other two (IE: backdashes, left srks)

I know some people hold it Palm up between fingers, but I was never comfortable doing that.

Bat is similar, but for me its more fingers and my wrist is moving the stick instead of my fingers.

It's an EX2... what do you mean index and middle around one it? To me that implies that your you're kind of holding it in a claw-like fashion? Index and middle around the far side and thumb under the close side?

[quote name='PhrostByte']It's an EX2... what do you mean index and middle around one it? To me that implies that your you're kind of holding it in a claw-like fashion? Index and middle around the far side and thumb under the close side?[/quote]

Yes, although my index finger rests closer to the top of the ball, but thats probably just because I have big hands.

I don't normally have my thumb on either until I need it to move.

bah the wire on my stick came loose again, but I electrical taped that sucker down!!! I've been screwing around online with a little HD Remix and UMK3 while I'm working out the kinks. I had a solid run last night where everything worked without a hitch, so I think the tape is doing its job!

Anyway... when the stick is working (which looks to be the case from now on), I can't believe how great it feels!!!! It's SO refreshing playing UMK3 the right way now. Besides just generally feeling better, I can now do things like charge Kano's cannonball while rushing in with his HK launcher combo. And HD Remix, oh man... the stick turns it into a far more deadly strain of crack. Finally I am home. :D

And I'm noticing already that the stick lets me play some characters in new, fun ways. I was just being a teleporting bitch with Dhalsim and I loved it. And with Zangief I finally greenhanded through a fireball, right into an SPD... I know that's old news to most people, but that's the first time I've ever intentionally done that, and it felt great! I also did T.Hawk's super BY ACCIDENT, that's how sweet this stick is.

I've been intentionally sticking to familiar ground while breaking the stick in, but once I'm sure the stick is 100% working, I'll start hammering down on SFIV!

[quote name='Furashu']the clear plastic sheet people use for... who knows but a lot of people use it to place ontop of their arcade stick!

some fishtanks are made of acrylic.

what was the plastic thing u used/snapped?

how much was it btw? thanks :)[/QUOTE]ahh, that plexiglass on the top and bottom of the stick is Lexan.

it's hella popular I think among stick builders, and a 24'' x (I think) 12'' sheet cost me $11.

it doesnt snap in btw. I jus cut it to proper shape, and it's stuck onto my stick by the fact that I use screw-in buttons.

I really wanted MadCatz to make a good product, but for me, it didnt happen. I am now going to return my 2nd stick in to get repaired. I must now resort to playing with a standard controller or not playing at all until I get my sticks back. I do plan on swapping the parts out on one of them, but LizardLick is about 2 weeks from catching up on parts fullfillment.

I personally work my stick with my index, middle and ring on top of the ball for the most part and will shift a bit depending on what I'm doing. For buttons I hit the top row with my finger tips and the bottom row with my second knuckle. Granted it helps that I'm double jointed enough to do so effectively.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I personally work my stick with my index, middle and ring on top of the ball for the most part and will shift a bit depending on what I'm doing. For buttons I hit the top row with my finger tips and the bottom row with my second knuckle. Granted it helps that I'm double jointed enough to do so effectively.[/quote]

Well I guess its April until I can get a TE fighstick. I'm willing to wait it out. I just wish I could find a place to pre-order it with confidence.

Etheidon

[quote name='etheidon']Well I guess its April until I can get a TE fighstick. I'm willing to wait it out. I just wish I could find a place to pre-order it with confidence.

Etheidon[/quote]
I'm going to wait it out too, but I'm not happy about it. I just can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope Capcom sends a wallscroll my way like they're doing for the GameStop customers who are having to wait it out... doubt they will unless Mad Catz packs them in with the sticks themselves.:cry::cry::cry:

Weird, just noticed that my Select and Start buttons are swapped on my TE stick (Button labeled as Select will function as Start and vice versa). Not a big deal since it doesn't really affect gameplay, I'll just have to swap the buttons when I replace the art. At least it's not the face buttons that were swapped.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the stick and haven't really had any other problems.

just come over mi casa and build your own. lol jk

for the ps3 is there any cheaper options then the chutlu ps3/pc board? i dont care for PC connection.

the chutlu board puts me at $135 for materials which is a bit out of my budget.

my dad and friend can solder for me and i already have a sodering gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Furashu']just come over mi casa and build your own. lol jk

for the ps3 is there any cheaper options then the chutlu ps3/pc board? i dont care for PC connection.

the chutlu board puts me at $135 for materials which is a bit out of my budget.

my dad and friend can solder for me and i already have a sodering gun.[/QUOTE]

How about the axis adapter? if you have an old sixaxis controller lying around you might want to use that.

[quote name='eastx']This was a really boring interview. There was virtually no new information and a ton of restating what everyone already knows. :([/quote]

Yea, that interview was done before SF4 came out lol.

I have a question for those with the SFIV SE/TE stick.
Does the joystick squeak ?
Mine makes a squeaking when pushed in any direction, the squeak is audible before the click from the microswitch.

I've read something about lubing the joystick, but am looking for more info before I destroy my fightstick.

i'm really tempted to open the TE stick, let me tell you...but i'll resist and buy one later when they are going for much less.. :D can't believe I found this TE at a gamestop today

sfcontrollers.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']lol, i hope no one buys anything from him for inflated prices, just wait if you really want one.[/quote]

hehe, they're already sold -_-

[quote name='MarkMan']lol, i hope no one buys anything from him for inflated prices, just wait if you really want one.[/quote]

I don't buy products at inflated prices if they're still being produced. I'll be waiting until then.

im hoping i'll have enough extra money saved by the time TEs are available again since it seems like the best value since modding an SE jacks the price up near the TE so its like why do that when u could get a TE outright :lol:

[quote name='GuardianE']Has anyone connected their 360 TE stick to their PC yet? I can't seem to find the correct drivers to download/install.[/quote]

What OS do you have?

[quote name='GuardianE']XP Service Pack 2?[/quote]

Like the guy above me mentioned, try getting Service Pack 3. I know it works automatically with Vista.

I have a little preview on my latest stick:
[IMG-C=4838]5408[/IMG-C]
Thanks Nil for helping with the artwork, turned out wonderful. I'll get better pics and a blog post once finished. The easy parts done. I'm going to start on the wiring tomorrow. It's going to be a dual PS3/X360 stick with one wire and a switch. Wish me luck.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well I haven't used the TE stick yet, but the X-Arcade is pretty damn awful.[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with it? I've liked it on other consoles.

The actual parts just aren't very good - they don't feel solid, and don't give you as much of a sense of control as they should. And yeah, the button layout is terrible. Considering the other options out there, there is literally no reason why anyone should ever buy an X-Arcade. Blanket statement.

[quote name='howlinmad']Bragging rights aside, anyone have any comparisons to the TE stick to an X-Arcade? Keep hoping for a 360 adapter.[/quote]

Yea, I'll post impressions after I compare my wheelchair to my Ferrari...

Nice simplistic stick cc. Now you'll always know where you are in Zelda.

Also a little curious about the paint on your NAS case. What color is that?

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea, I'll post impressions after I compare my wheelchair to my Ferrari...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insightful comparison.

Ok, and compared to the regular fight stick? I realize I set my sights a bit high and unreasonable here.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea, I'll post impressions after I compare my wheelchair to my Ferrari...[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You son a bitch, you made me bust out laughing in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back