CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

GGs last night to everyone in HDR. SF2 is the besssssst.

GGs to Guardian in Marvel. We'll have to give it another go sometime because I couldn't do anything last night :cry:

On a completely unrelated note - is anyone getting NBA Jam on Fire Edition? I saw F1ngers playing the demo & I know joe & Kensei played the retail release quite a bit?

I'll probably pick up the NBA Jam soon. I've just been waiting to see if anyone else was getting it. I really liked last years games. We need to play some Marvel matches sometime Tom. Its been a long time since we last played.

Vergil's level 3 super is badass, was posted last week but didn't want to bump the thread
[youtube]IN4YXwafSVQ[/youtube]

@ Kensei & F1ngers - I'll probably pick it up this weekend or sometime next week. Hit me up for some games. Oh and Kensei, I'd be down for Marvel. Just let me know. We haven't been on at the same time in a while.

In case anyone missed it, there's an archive for the IPW UMVC3 tournament. There's an article on IPW with links to the archive & highlights on their Youtube.

Some quick thoughts:

- Captain America looks sick. The buffs he got have a lot of potential. It actually makes him really scary.

- Wesker's glasses mechanic sound really interesting.

- Ghost Rider looks like he's going to be able to reaaaaally lame it out.

- Doom & Dormammu's buffs are really intriguing. Foot dive S leading to a full combo especially looks really fucking cheap.

- I can't wait to play Nemesis.

That's all I can really think of right now. Oh and also.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXtogJxQsw&feature=player_embedded

BALROG FOR SFXT, GET HYPE!!!!

More character teasers here

Wesker's glasses mechanic is interesting, but I actually kind of expected more. The original translation made it sound like he had a taunt where he hit his opponent with the sunglasses. That would have been amazing. But the fact that he gets a damage+speed boost at pretty much zero cost is equally amazing.

I think a lot of people are downplaying Hawkeye right now. His zoning game is preposterous (especially with the right assists), and he has a full screen insta-punish with meter. Probably perfect for DHCs as well.

As far as the original cast is concerned, I'm calling it now. Zero, Trish, Doom, and Dormammu are moving up the tier ranks. Taskmaster is going to be even stronger in Ultimate, but I want to see more of the changes to his damage output before assuming anything.

I'm actually heading to NYCC this week, so if there's anything you guys want me to test in Marvel, let me know. I'm going to be practicing on a 360 controller for the next few days since they won't let me know a Fightpad. Let me know if you wanna get some matches.

There's an interesting post over at Event Hubs with online ranked MVC3 stats. Here's the image:

12_mvc3usage.jpg

The things I find most interesting:

- Phoenix not top 5, or even top 10.
- Dante at #1 is not really surprising, but I pegged Wolverine at least top 3 used.
- I expected Magneto, Storm, She-Hulk, & Tron to be higher.
- People sleeping on Viper.
- I think it's hilarious that the DLC characters are higher than MODOK.

Have fun at NYCC Guardian. Looking forward to the new announcements over the next day or two & your impressions when you get back.

So since we're about a month away from UMVC3, what teams are you guys excited about trying out? I'm going to give Wesker/Nemesis/Doom or Ghost Rider/Nemesis/Doom a shot first.

Phoenix Wright does look really unorthodox. I'm not quite sure what to think of him.

Nova seems kind of generic at first. After watching the match videos though he looks pretty mobile and hits pretty hard. It looks like just about any hit he gets leads to a decent amount of damage.

Time to bring on Rocket Raccoon & Frank West!

EDIT: Also, Mega Man for DLC?

megamancaptured.png

Got to play a little UMvC3 yesterday. The lines weren't terrible, and they only had one setup with 360 controllers (no fightpads D:). The playable build has both Nova and Phoenix Wright and I got a little footage. I've been sans internet access, though so I hadn't seen the reveals (and thus know what was in the trailers to test out). I'll try to post some more info tomorrow.

they could have made the table brown (that Phoenix was pounding on) but instead just went for black. seems a bit lazy.

Here are some impressions and videos from NYCC. I couldn't get a whole lot of footage as my friend couldn't record for too long, and it's the general shaky cam footage, but some of it could be interesting. Keep in mind that I'm on a regular 360 controller and stick, so I'm having a tough time with the controls. D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqyKTPbKRvM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6LlTVefCpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkPyLNtr74

Got a chance to speak with Seth Killian on Phoenix Wright, and I asked him about the 1.4 million damage combo. He confirmed that it was done using Turnabout Stance.

Seth jokingly said that he still thinks that Phoenix Wright is top tier.

When collecting evidence, you must be grounded, and the evidence you get is random. You can collect both bad and solid evidence. Three pieces of solid evidence are required for Turnabout Stance. The three folders correspond to the three attack buttons (L+S, M+S, H+S). Pressing them again while in investigative stance will toss the evidence. Turnabout Stance is required for the Lvl 3.

Phoenix Wright has no unique air mobility options like airdash, doublejump, walljump.

You can loop several accusation fingers in a row in the corner once in Turnabout Stance.

The OBJECTION OVERRULED Hyper OTGs. The Maya slide attack also OTGs.

The Maya Hyper persists after immediate DHC, a la Sentinel Drones or Round Trip. Depending on the second Hyper, you can try to do a mixup, or you can use Maya simply to make the character switch safe.

Phoenix Wright's Cornered Remix theme plays as soon as he enters Turnabout Mode, and overrides anyone else's theme. Typically after someone is downed, the next character's theme will begin to play. Cornered just continues until he uses his Lvl 3.

Ghost Rider's Lvl1 Bike Hyper has a lot of invincibility. Beat Wesker's Lvl 3 clean. It was through a DHC, so there may have been something funky there, though.

Nova seems pretty solid. Good damage, easy hit confirms, good ranged normals. Reminds me a bit of Wesker sans teleports, but different mobility options.

I have no idea why that single punch from Steve took out, like, 30% of my health in the third video.

Also, I got a neat sketch from Alvin Lee:

KenSketch.jpg

Wheeee. I got more rounds in than what's shown here, so if you have any questions, let me know. Sorry, Tom. Didn't try out best friends. Probably would've been lynched. Also got some Skullgirls footage.

[quote name='Rodimus']I still don't get why Pheonix Wright is in this game. Did people really want him that bad. Seems a little too forced.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I couldn't be more excited for his inclusion, and I think they did a fantastic job with his moveset. It's creative, refreshing, and encourages a unique playstyle. We'll see how it holds out long term, but I think he's looking great so far.

There are plenty of super serious fighters and cosmic heroes in this game. Marvel has always been about fanservice. Phoenix Wright is one of the best established, memorable, and well written characters in the Capcom universe. He deserves his slot. Much moreso than other characters currently in the roster, if you ask me.

Pretty cool stuff Guardian. Phoenix seems interesting because he doesn't really look like he plays like any other type of character. I don't know if he'll be my cup of tea, but he looks interesting. So exactly how does it determine what is bad or solid evidence? Is it random?

Did you get a chance to play with Ghost Rider at all? Thoughts?

How does Wesker feel? Is the health change noticeable?

How about Skullgirls & SFXT?

PS: I like how one of the matches in the second video ends when you're about to get blown up by Hyper Sodium Force ;)

So any chance of AE or BBCS2 tonight? I'm kind of up for something different than the past few weeks.

[quote name='MtlTom']Pretty cool stuff Guardian. Phoenix seems interesting because he doesn't really look like he plays like any other type of character. I don't know if he'll be my cup of tea, but he looks interesting. So exactly how does it determine what is bad or solid evidence? Is it random?
[/QUOTE]
Seth confirmed that it is, in fact, random.
Did you get a chance to play with Ghost Rider at all? Thoughts?
Unfortunately, no. I didn't really get a chance to test Ghost Rider. I played against one, but I don't think he knew what he was doing... just feeling it out. The only remarkable thing I noticed was the invincibility on the Bike Super. It must have at least some.

How does Wesker feel? Is the health change noticeable?
Wesker feels exactly the same to me. His health is lower, but he's not a pixie or anything. He still hits like a truck. He may have even felt a little faster, sans glasses, but it was kind of hard to tell. As you can see in the video, he still has reset potential with his airthrow.
How about Skullgirls & SFXT?
I have some Skullgirls footage with Parasoul. It's pretty bad, since it was only after I played some matches that I was told that Parasoul is a charge character. Otherwise, it felt pretty good. It's definitely more like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear than a Capcom fighter. I was definitely fumbling with the controls. I like the current character ratio system (similar to CvS2).

Street Fighter X Tekken, I really only played that one match I uploaded. It was sticks only, and I was just going to get my ass kicked. I wouldn't even be able to test stuff out. At least with Skullgirls the lines were shorter.

PS: I like how one of the matches in the second video ends when you're about to get blown up by Hyper Sodium Force ;)
I actually won that match. I just flew over the drones and Air Raided that big dumb robot. I'm not sure why my friend stopped filming. He must have accidentally hit the shutter.

So any chance of AE or BBCS2 tonight? I'm kind of up for something different than the past few weeks.

I agree. I'm a little tired of Third Strike right now. I'm up for BBCS2 or Marvel. Maybe even a little Mortal Kombat. I'm not really feeling AE, but if that's what people are playing then I'll hop on it.

I really don't want to play Marvel if we have a bunch of people because the lobby is sooooo boring. I can't wait for spectator mode in Marvel.

I'd be interested in MK. I haven't played it since before Freddy came out, and I have the Season Pass :whistle2:#.

If anyone is joining, just make sure you update your DLC or compatibility packs.

Play HDR!

@tom Nice picture lol. I got your message about that bison player, I think that guy remembers me all to well. He used to send me hate mail about my turbo knee bash with ken......

GGs last night to Guardian, Kensei, & joe in Marvel. Good set of matches. Glad we finally got to fight again Kensei. I was honestly expecting more Viper. Oh and Guardian, you're going to have to teach me how to fight Trish because she's hella annoying. Only a few more weeks to go until Ultimate!

Also GGs to Guardian & Kracka in BBCS. I was disappointed in myself that I kept missing atomic collider follow-ups. Still, the matches were awesome - especially the epic Unlimted Tager mirror ;).

Kracka - just hit me or Guardian up if you wanna play some games. Definitely check out the tutorial & character trials for the character you want to play. Also, the character forums on Dustloop can be a good source for combos and strats. BB/GG notation can be a little weird though at first.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Play HDR!

@tom Nice picture lol. I got your message about that bison player, I think that guy remembers me all to well. He used to send me hate mail about my turbo knee bash with ken......[/QUOTE]
Oh I'll always play HDR, everyone else is just too soft ;).

Yeah, unfortunately there were no ranked matches & that Bison had the only lobby going at the time. I just wanted to play a few quick matches. I played some Ken before I played him, which was close. I played against him pretty textbook - push him into the corner, pressure/don't let him out, & land as many oichos as possible. Bison basically can't do anything there without meter - as I'm sure you know.

Basically you're a scrub if he beats you & a turbo user if you beat him :roll:.

[quote name='MtlTom']Also GGs to Guardian & Kracka in BBCS. I was disappointed in myself that I kept missing atomic collider follow-ups. Still, the matches were awesome - especially the epic Unlimted Tager mirror ;).

Kracka - just hit me or Guardian up if you wanna play some games. Definitely check out the tutorial & character trials for the character you want to play. Also, the character forums on Dustloop can be a good source for combos and strats. BB/GG notation can be a little weird though at first.

[/QUOTE]

GGs to you and Guardian too. The Unlimited Tager match was indeed epic, maybe too much so. The one-shade-different-blue Tagers made things a little tough to follow, but a good thing to see all-the-same.

I'm hoping to practice up to make things more interesting the next time around (thanks for the links!)

I think we only got to play against each other twice Tom. I really need to play more often. I feel like my execution has really dropped recently since I only play maybe once a week. Next time we play I'll bring out the Viper team.

Good games to everyone from wednesday. Fun as usual. It feels so good to be using my Fightpad again.

Kracka, I'm always down for BlazBlue or something else, so feel free to hit me up if you see me online. Dustloop is a great resource. We're not great at BlazBlue or anything, but I'd recommend practicing some midscreen bread and butter combos with a character that you can focus on. Keep in mind that the game offers a 5-frame buffer whenever you hold down a button to make links easier, and if you're missing juggles, it's possibly due to the timing on earlier moves in the combo. Testing out different timings can help a lot.

As for Trish, she isn't too bad... at least in vanilla. That may change in Ultimate. Trish's main weaknesses are her lower vitality, low damage output, and mediocre X-Factor bonuses. She's a keepaway monster with decent mobility, traps, ranged normals, and a divekick. Her divekick is slower and isn't as stupid as Wolverine's, so you can anticipate and snuff it. She's only getting better in Ultimate and I've always been a fan, so I think I'm going to replace Storm for a subteam of X-23/She-Hulk/Trish (though Storm looks stronger in Ultimate too).

FYI, the Japanese UMvC3 website has listed some character changes. GAF is in the middle of translations. Zissou translated the changes below:

Taskmaster
-Jumpin h has had its floating(?) height increased
-Normal move damage (scaling??) has been made worse
-You can now cancel web swing
-something about the distance from the ground and charging star... I'm pretty lost on this one
-Charging star's floatiness(?) has been lowered
-Aim master's damage has been decreased
-Aim master h's height/floatiness has been lowered
-Jumping aim master h's height/floatiness had been decreased
-A new move, sting master(??) has been added
-Hyper combo damage has been decreased
-as raw hyper, Legion arrow's damage hasn't been changed, but in combos, the damage has been lowered/fixed
-Both grounded and aerial legion arrow hypers are now mashable

Wolverine
-dive kick and and jumping L have hit box nerfs
-Beserker slash has had its invincibility removed
-His new move is machine gun claw
-The command input for beserker slash is now the lowest for any hyper combo(???)
-Beserker barrage, fatal claw, and weapon x are all mashable

Taskmaster and Wolverine nerfs are delicious. All changes are Marvel right now. Hopefully we'll get some changelogs for Capcom soon. I want to see what they officially did with my team.

Here are the changes from Capcom Unity. They are only for the Marvel characters so Guardian, you're out of luck for now.

Captain America
- Can double jump.
- Charging Star causes untechable knockdown.
- Charging Star causes horizontal knockback.
- M. and H. versions of Charging Star cause less damage.
- Opponent's untechable time after a Shield Slash has been decreased.
- L. Shield Slash can OTG.
- Added some invicibility time to his Backflip.
- Reduced opponents knockdown time after a Hyper Charging Star.
- Damage for assists γ and β have been increased.
- Number of hits in Hyper Charging Star can be increased through rapid buttons presses.

Deadpool
- Ground normal moves can be canceled by his taunt.
- Mad Wheel cannot be canceled.
- Opponent down time after a throw has been increased.
- H.Ninja Gift floats lower.
- H.Ninja Gift causes longer opponent incapacitation.
- Incapacitation time from H. Ninja Gift decreases with combo length.
- Chimichangas!! can be activated from Quick Work.
- Special attacks can be canceled with a Teleport.
- Number of hits in Happy-Happy Trigger (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.

Dormammu
- Ground chains can go up to 3 hits.
- L. attacks cause greater push back.
- Dark Matter can be canceled.
- Flame Carpet will disappear if Dormammu is hit.
- Normal throw causes untechable knockdown.
- Dark Spell and Liberation can be performed in the air.
- Liberation (2 red, 1 blue) is guaranteed to activate (active from 1st frame).
- Liberation (2 red, 1 blue) causes untechable knockdown.
- Liberation (2 red, 1 blue) rocks come out slower.
- Liberation (2 red, 1 blue) rock damage has been increased.
- Liberation (2 blue, 1 red) is guaranteed to activate (active from 1st frame).
- Number of hits in Chaotic Flame can be increased through rapid button presses.

Doctor Doom
- j.H. startup reduced, hit box enlarged.
- j.S. causes untechable knockdown.
- Total frames for j.Photon Shot have been reduced.
- Number of hits in Photon Array (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Doom's Time can be increased through rapid button presses.

Hulk
- Added new move "Incredible Punch."
- "Incredible Punch" can be chained into from a variety of L. and M. attacks.
- Gamma Charge given higher hit priority.
- Gamma Charge now has super armor.
- Gamma Charge Second floats higher.
- Anti-air Gamma Charge Second M causes wall bounce.
- Decreased time needed to charge for Gamma Wave.
- Increased damage for Gamma Tornado.

Iron Man
- Adjusted his air dash properties (start up is slower, but speed is faster).
- Removed double jump, jump attacks can be canceled with air dash.
- cr. H. can be canceled.
- Increased opponent's untechable time after a cr.H. hit.
- Increased hit box size of H. and j.S.
- Reduced minimum damage scaling on his normal attacks.
- Increased minimum damage scaling on his special attacks.
- Commands input during a Repulsor Blast are fixed on the direction he is facing
- Repulsor Spread command changed to pressing H. after Repulsor Blast.
- Repulsor Spread causes untechable knockdown.
- Smart Bomb damage increased.
- Decreased untechable time for opponents after a Smart Bomb hit.
- Total frames for a ground Smart Bomb have been decreased.
- Total frames for Flight are faster.
- Number of hits in Proton Cannon (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid buttons presses.
- Number of hits in Iron Avenger can be increased through rapid buttons presses.

Magneto
- Aerial forward tri-dash speed decreased slightly.
- H. no longer causes untechable knockdown.
- Total frames for L. and M. Electromagnetic Disruptor have been increased.
- Reduced opponent block stun from Electromagnetic Disruptor.
- Added new moves "Fatal Attraction," "Repulsion," and "Reverse Polarity."
- Removed invincibility from Magnetic Tempest.
- Number of hits in Magnetic Tempest (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Gravity Squeeze can be increased through rapid button presses.

MODOK
- Jump attacks can be canceled by air dashes.
- Number of hits in Killer Illumination can be increased through rapid button presses.

Phoenix
- Health changed to 375,000.
- cr.M. range has been decreased slightly.
- TK Shot will disappear if Phoenix is hit.
- Phoenix is unable to perform additional actions after an Air TK Shot.
- TK Trap will disappear if Phoenix is hit.

Sentinel
- Health changed to 900,000.
- Changed S. Launcher properties from Hyper Armor to Super Armor.
- Opponent's untechable time after a Rocket Punch has been decreased.
- Push back from blocking Assist α from behind has been reversed.
- Number of hits in Plasma Storm can be increased through rapid button presses.

She-Hulk
- Changed to be a heavier character.
- cr.L. cannot be rapid fire canceled into itself.
- Reduced movement distance of cr.H. (slide).
- Added new move "Savage Swing".
- If no commands are input for a moment after Runner's Start, a Chariot with super armor properties can be activated.
- Torpedo from Runner's Start transitions faster.
- Clothesline from Runner's Start transitions faster.
- Opponent flies off further after being hit by Torpedo.
- Hitting an airborne opponent with Clothesline causes a wall bounce.
- Emerald Cannon causes you to move forward.
- Number of hits in Taking out the Trash can be increased through rotating the joystick.

Shuma-Gorath
- j.S. is now untechable, removed OTG property.
- For normal throws, not only health but Hyper Combo gauge is absorbed as well (decreases the opponent's and adds it to the player's side)
- Devitalization comes out faster.
- Number of hits in Chaos Dimension can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Hyper Mystic Smash can be increased through rapid button presses.

Spider-man
- Web Glide speed has been increased.
- Web Glide can OTG.
- Web Swing, Spider Sting, Web Ball can be canceled into Web Glide.
- Can activate air Web Swing from ground Web Swing.
- Web Throw is subject to damage scaling.
- The total frames for Crawler Assault have been decreased.
- Crawler Assalt causes untechable knockdown.
- Ultimate Web Throw attack direction has been changed to the side.
- Number of hits in Crawler Assault can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Ultimate Web Throw can be increased through rotating the joystick.

Storm
- Added new moves "Fair Wind" and "Foul Wind."
- Number of hits in Lightning Storm (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Hail Storm (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Elemental Rage can be increased through rapid button presses.

Super-Skrull
- Stone Dunk hit box has been increased.
- Orbital Grudge floats higher.
- Obrital Grudge super armor activates faster.
- Meteor Smash can be activated in the air.
- Death Penalty automatically brings you over the opponent.
- Number of hits in Inferno (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.

Taskmaster
- j.H. floats higher.
- Decreased minimum damage scaling on his normal attacks.
- Web Swing can be canceled.
- Charging Star causes opponent to fly to the side.
- Charging Star floats lower.
- Damage for Aim Master decreased.
- H. Aim Master floats lower.
- j.H. Aim Master floats lower.
- Added new move "Sting Master".
- Decreased minimum damage scaling on his Hyper Combos.
- Legion Arrow damage will properly scale in combos (total damage remains the same when used by itself).
- Number of hits in Legion Arrow (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.

Thor
- Reduced push back for M.
- Hit boxes of L., j.L., Mighty Spark (before the beam comes out), and Mighty Smash have been enlarged slightly.
- Increased minimum damage scaling on his normal attacks.
- Increased minimum damage scaling on his special attacks.
- Opponent's untechable time after Mighty Spark has been increased.
- Less time is needed to fully charge H. Mighty Smash.
- Total frames for Mighty Strike have been reduced.
- Less time is needed to fully charge Mighty Strike.
- Active throw frames of Mighty Hurricane have been increased for all strengths.
- Mighty Punish is invincible from the 1st frame.
- Increased advantage time of Mighty Punish.
- Active throw frames of Mighty Punish have been increased.
- Number of hits in Mighty Tornado (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid button presses.

Wolverine
- Dive Kick and j.L. hit box sizes have been reduced.
- Berserker Slash invincibility has been removed.
- Added new move "Berserker Rage" (formerly known as "Swiss Cheese")
- Berserker Charge command input priority changed to the lowest among Hyper Combos.
- Number of hits in Berserker Barrage X can be increased through rapid buttons presses.
- Number of hits in Fatal Claw (ground and air ver.) can be increased through rapid buttons presses.
- Number of hits in Weapon X can be increased through rapid buttons presses.

X-23
- Mid-air special attacks can be canceled into Talon Attack.
- Crescent Scythe floats higher.
- Decreased untechable time for opponents after a Crescent Scythe hit.
- Rage Trigger causes opponent to fly further to the side.
- Number of hits in Rage Trigger can be increased through rapid buttons presses.

Also, here are system changes from Max:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphIhqwET_g&feature=channel_video_title

[quote name='MtlTom']Here are the changes from Capcom Unity. They are only for the Marvel characters so Guardian, you're out of luck for now.
[/QUOTE]

It's the same changelog. Just the official Capcom-Unity translation way later. I already knew they were all Marvel side. I was expecting a Capcom changelog when something actually new was posted.

The Capcom-Unity translation has some mistakes, actually. It makes reference to an air Hailstorm, which doesn't exist (yes, even in Ultimate).

Am I the only one who thinks Phoenix is getting nerfed too hard?
I think they pretty much killed her. It's really hard to get her to dark now and I don't see her as really good dark anymore.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's the same changelog.

The Capcom-Unity translation has some mistakes, actually. It makes reference to an air Hailstorm, which doesn't exist (yes, even in Ultimate).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kind of gathered when I read it from what you were posting. It's kind of funny that they have some mistakes. I just wanted to get something up for everyone to reference.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Am I the only one who thinks Phoenix is getting nerfed too hard?
I think they pretty much killed her. It's really hard to get her to dark now and I don't see her as really good dark anymore.[/QUOTE]
The only nerf that I think is unnecessary is the health. The health wasn't really the problem IMO. She's still got the potential to be really strong, just not as herp derp as before.

Oh @guardian - broken character is broken ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmKedCkJI3Y

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chickenbutt']Am I the only one who thinks Phoenix is getting nerfed too hard?
I think they pretty much killed her. It's really hard to get her to dark now and I don't see her as really good dark anymore.[/QUOTE]

I don't think she's as handicapped as people are making her out to be. Just like the nerfs to Wolverine. They nerfed both characters a lot. And they're both still good... Wolverine probably moreso than Phoenix at this point, but still. The fact that they're still good means they were given too many strong tools to begin with.

Maybe they nerfed her just slightly too much... maybe they could have allowed her to still throw multiple projectiles in the air, but she can still do that with fly/unfly. Maybe she won't be god tier anymore, but she's still going to be playable for people that want to use her. The only difference now is that now people won't have to create strategies devoted entirely to taking out Dark Phoenix. No one enjoys fighting against a Phoenix player, and no one enjoys seeing a Phoenix player win because of that.

[quote name='MtlTom']Oh @guardian - broken character is broken ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bs and I were trying it out last night. It's actually not as easy to do as it looks. You have to time the THC right before the cancel into Stinger... too early, you get the full THC, too late, you get Assist 1 instead. I only managed to do it a few times, and online makes it worse. Maybe it'll make it's way into Ultimate. :)

KOFXIII Online Demo:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359

Going over some of the features. No spectator mode, but full replay mode. A little bit of a disappointment, but if the netcode is solid, I still think it's worth it. Unfortunately, the people playing probably can't make a solid determination on the lag, but it looks promising. Aksys really needs to license their BlazBlue netcode or something, though.

Oh. I didn't know she could continue throwing fireballs with fly/unfly. That was sort of the main reason I felt she was useless because they took away her ability to run away well and you can take meter from your opponent.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Oh. I didn't know she could continue throwing fireballs with fly/unfly. That was sort of the main reason I felt she was useless because they took away her ability to run away well and you can take meter from your opponent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe that it was confirmed that she can fly/unfly fireballs in earlier builds, unless they ended up removing it. They still disappear once she gets hit, and I'm not certain how many she can throw with fly/unfly.

And as for meter stealing, there's only a few select moves that allow for meter stealing so far. Shuma Gorath's throw and Morrigan's S Soul Fist. So, they're hard Phoenix counters for specific matchups.

The other means, via TAC, doesn't really change much. Every Phoenix player with half a brain will mash on left+S or right+S when being air comboed. Of course, this means that you'll get a free up or down TAC probably, so that's something.

By the way, Niitsuma tweeted that Capcom changes will likely be going up this friday, October 28.

Hooray!

[quote name='chickenbutt']Cool. They said most of the characters are going to get an OTG right?[/QUOTE]

Currently, every character has an OTG, either Hyper, Special, or Normal, I believe. Even Chun Li has an undiscovered OTG, according to Seth. Some OTGs aren't as easy to use as others, like Viewtiful Joe's bomb, but everyone seems to at least have one now.

I thought I remembered reading in a very early change log Phoenix can now only do one action per jump? Has this changed or does that mean she can jump -> fireball -> fly -> fireball? Or does she get more fireballs in flight?

I kind of wonder if the change list released by Capcom encompasses everything. Early change logs suggested Wolverine was slower & had less health overall - which was not mentioned at all in the official log. Some characters had that specifically mentioned. Another example is the widely reported 3-hits of armor on Hulk's st.H, which isn't mentioned in the change log at all.

Gaaaah, 3 more weeks. I have a feeling with spectator mode that UMVC3 will be the mainstay on CAG Fighter nights for quite some time.

PS: I might not be on this Wednesday, but I might try to hop on tonight.

PPS: Combo video from the best game of all time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sob01PmaSp4

[quote name='MtlTom']I thought I remembered reading in a very early change log Phoenix can now only do one action per jump? Has this changed or does that mean she can jump -> fireball -> fly -> fireball? Or does she get more fireballs in flight?

I kind of wonder if the change list released by Capcom encompasses everything. Early change logs suggested Wolverine was slower & had less health overall - which was not mentioned at all in the official log. Some characters had that specifically mentioned. Another example is the widely reported 3-hits of armor on Hulk's st.H, which isn't mentioned in the change log at all.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fly/unfly nets you more actions just like you say. For example, from a regular jump Morrigan can only throw one Soul Fist. By jumping, throwing a Soul Fist, and canceling into flight, I get another fireball. That's with most characters. It was the same with Phoenix, unless they removed it from later builds.

I don't think the changelog encompasses everything. And a lot of it is vague, too. Dormammu seems to have more changes than what's listed there as well. It's still good to confirm/debunk certain changes in the GAF Changelog by DahBomb, but I don't think it's complete by itself.

So glad Spectator Mode will be in this one! Just pre-ordered it, so looking forward to getting some games in again on CAG Fight Nights.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, fly/unfly nets you more actions just like you say. For example, from a regular jump Morrigan can only throw one Soul Fist. By jumping, throwing a Soul Fist, and canceling into flight, I get another fireball. That's with most characters. It was the same with Phoenix, unless they removed it from later builds.

I don't think the changelog encompasses everything. And a lot of it is vague, too. Dormammu seems to have more changes than what's listed there as well. It's still good to confirm/debunk certain changes in the GAF Changelog by DahBomb, but I don't think it's complete by itself.[/QUOTE]
OK, got it. I was pretty sure that was how fly/unfly worked, but I don't really play any characters with flight so I wasn't sure. And yes, Capcom change logs are notorious for leaving things out - but at least it gives a pretty good starting point.

Max just posted a video of some of the changes in action for She-Hulk, Dormmammu, Magneto, Hulk, & Doom. The more I see Doom in action, the more excited I am to give him another shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icdngAz_8Fs

fuck Doom. He's going to be so stupid in Ultimate.

And now apparently Dorm can put down multiple flame carpets? Terrifying.

[quote name='kburns10']So glad Spectator Mode will be in this one! Just pre-ordered it, so looking forward to getting some games in again on CAG Fight Nights.[/QUOTE]

I think the lack of Spectator Mode really killed things for a lot of people in the last game. So glad to finally have it in! I really hope there aren't any hitches at launch with the lobby system, like with MK.

New Max video posted:'ASSIST ME!' - Phoenix Wright and Iron Fist: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Live Action Tutorial

Does anyone want a free Devil May Cry anime promo disc? It contains the first four epsodes of the anime and some DMC4 cutscenes or something. I won it off of Capcom-Unity, but I already have one. They asked if I knew anyone else that might want it, so I figured I'd ask here first. First person to PM me their address gets it.

bread's done
Back