CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

PLEASE tell me this is going to be CAGs vs Bots. No half-CAG, half-bot bullshit teams. Warfare = teamwork, and even with the commands, bots are shit for that.

[quote name='johnnypark']PLEASE tell me this is going to be CAGs vs Bots. No half-CAG, half-bot bullshit teams. Warfare = teamwork, and even with the commands, bots are shit for that.[/QUOTE]

yes thats the default. ideally wed have NO bots...but not enough people show :(

edit: server restarted since bots not on correct team

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Paco']This week's done. Not too many people showed so it was only a 70 minute fight.[/QUOTE]fuck! I was really looking forward to this. W/E. It's all good. What time did you guys start?

HOLY SHIT. I just noticed that my UT3 install was 5 gb. I erased everything and notioced that the ORIGINAL install size was 2.2 GB. MAN I really killed it with expansions.

Alright weird. After erasing everything and reinstalling and updating, now when I download the maps from the mod browser, they install a lot quicker. Instead of hanging at unpacking 100% for a while, they unpack a few moments after they hit 100%. Maybe some of those old levels are causing the lockups? Or a game mode or mutator?

[quote name='blader16']did you just beat the last mission? Or the whole thing on insane? & yeah, I'm not looking forward to that trophy.[/QUOTE]
Played until the last mssion of each Chapter, then quit and continued in Insane. Akasha wasn't that bad, won on my 2nd try.

[quote name='Paco']Alright weird. After erasing everything and reinstalling and updating, now when I download the maps from the mod browser, they install a lot quicker. Instead of hanging at unpacking 100% for a while, they unpack a few moments after they hit 100%. Maybe some of those old levels are causing the lockups? Or a game mode or mutator?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I get pissed when some of the mods take 3+ minutes. I'll reinstall & update everything.

[quote name='Paco']6:30. ended at about 7:40[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AllahBomber']start time is always in the title ;)[/QUOTE]Ha. Sorry about missing tonight's game. For some reason i was thinking 7 PST, since that's the Resistance 2 time.

ya the maps listed are really old from like a year ago. but since they could be seen as new to some people i just put oldish :p

Game Night Tonight!

I think the maps were only used once. I didn't even have them even before I erased everything.

ah....well, now that we know the game cant handle a lot of maps, maybe we should not use any of the really old stuff. and just focus on mod browser new releases. what does everyone think?

[quote name='AllahBomber']ah....well, now that we know the game cant handle a lot of maps, maybe we should not use any of the really old stuff. and just focus on mod browser new releases. what does everyone think?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? what happens if you have a lot of maps?

If you have a ton of maps, especially ones NOT cooked properly for 2.0, then the game starts to load slower, crashes on exit of server, and crashes when hosting a server sometimes. I think it has more to do with the unchanged maps rather then having too many of them.

ya thats possible, so keeping with newer mod browser maps would ensure proper 2.0 cookage :p

edit: no new maps this week, added notice under map section

Paco: be sure to not add any maps outside of default/CBP/DLC/Titan unless listed under the weekly requirements. You probably do already, but just wanted to reiterate. I have full lists of what is included in every pack so you can always reference that.

[quote name='Paco']That's easy. I erased everything and the only things left are all the mod browser maps.[/QUOTE]

cool, you d/led the PS store packs again right?

Good games guys...My mic died towards the end...so where is everyone...seems since we took that one day off on memorial day people haven't been showing up...and who was interested in pulling the start time by one hour as riderome mentioned, so the east coast guys could stay on a little longer? I'd be ok with starting 1 hr earlier...

thats no good for west coast people who get off work at 5pm. probably couldnt make it. east coasters can stay for at least an hour i would think. even if you have to wake up at 7am, thats still 8 hoursish sleep.

This is me when my mouse gave out and the jump button was getting wonky and not working right

fuuuuu.png

[quote name='AllahBomber']thats no good for west coast people who get off work at 5pm. probably couldnt make it. east coasters can stay for at least an hour i would think. even if you have to wake up at 7am, thats still 8 hoursish sleep.[/QUOTE]

How about moving it back a half hour then? That seems like a more reasonable compromise.

ill be gone july 19th-28th :p but ill remind everyone closer to that date.

and if we moved back the time 30min then i know at least hone could never make it, not that he shows much anyways. and if i were to have even the slightest late day at work id never make it with traffic. dunno. if they played 1.5 hours then itd be 11pm. asleep by 1130..if you have work the next morning and wake up at 8, thats tons of sleep. i guess im not understanding the purpose? what times do you east coasters wake up the next day?

Good games last night! Wasn't always balanced, but it was a lot of fun.

I personally get up at 6am to be at work by 7, so I try to be asleep by 11. If I leave by 10:30pm then I can shower and be mostly asleep in time, otherwise I lose sleep. I'd be down with moving it back 30 minutes, but that's mad early for all you west coasters to start a game.

I'm on MST time, so game starts at 7:30 for me, I personally don't have a preference if game stays at same time or moves.

Geez, I'm got another problem with UT3. I turn it on today so I can continue working on my Connect the Dots trophy and it worked for awhile, until I got a disconnect error. However, I didn't disconnect. I was connected fine. I reset my Network Settings, reset my PS3 and the only improvement was from getting to "Not Signed in" to "(my name) - Offline". So, I can't play Multiplayer (trying to multi-task and get the multiplayer trophies). Anyone else ever get this problem?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Geez, I'm got another problem with UT3. I turn it on today so I can continue working on my Connect the Dots trophy and it worked for awhile, until I got a disconnect error. However, I didn't disconnect. I was connected fine. I reset my Network Settings, reset my PS3 and the only improvement was from getting to "Not Signed in" to "(my name) - Offline". So, I can't play Multiplayer (trying to multi-task and get the multiplayer trophies). Anyone else ever get this problem?[/QUOTE]Haven't logged on yet, but when i do ill edit this post.

I would be fine with whatever time you guys want since I don't have a job, since i'm under 16. & I'm out of school.

EDIT: It's working fine for me, but I've been playing COD4 not UT3

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I had something like that. I'm online then I get disconnected. The solution for me has been very simple. Just keep the game logged in. Log off PSN while still in game, then relog back in and it should log you back in automatically. It happens to me every once in a while.

And I never see you join fluffymexican. What the hell dude. JOIN.

[quote name='Paco']Alright I had something like that. I'm online then I get disconnected. The solution for me has been very simple. Just keep the game logged in. Log off PSN while still in game, then relog back in and it should log you back in automatically. It happens to me every once in a while.

And I never see you join fluffymexican. What the hell dude. JOIN.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll try that. I got to download all those damn maps though.

bread's done
Back