CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

[quote name='joshr915']I just made a mistake adding it, when doing my last minute checks for tonight I noticed it was way too small. sorry if you spent time installing it :(

--Get the 2 new maps everyone.[/quote]
I'm guessing it was the one that said "1 on 1" right?
:lol:
I was wondering why we were downloading it.

and
--Get the 2 new maps everyone.

I'll be joining you guys tonight for the first time, and I just finished downloading and installing the Bombing Run maps & the 2 new maps with the PCSpeedX mutator.

Also, did freaky get the Platinum for UT3?

LOL I don't think anyone will get a platinum in CAG for UT3. The game's trophies are one hell of an exercise in determination. I only got 35% of the games trophies :(

Thanks everyone that showed! Vehicle CTF next week. only one new map needed, check the OP for details.

And curses to jman and rome for being such back stabbers! :p

ya, it didnt seem people were playing the way betrayal was meant to be, so there werent any drastic lead changes because of it. it was sort of just regular instagib, which isnt as fun.

Remember this Allah. YOU were the FIRST backstabber in the game. I wasn't going to backstab anyone until YOU started it. Then Romo did it and I said ITS ON.

[quote name='Paco']Remember this Allah. YOU were the FIRST backstabber in the game. I wasn't going to backstab anyone until YOU started it. Then Romo did it and I said ITS ON.[/quote]Haha, next time I'll lay off the back stabbing. I didn't really understand how 'Betrayal' worked. I should've watched Randy's video first.

Also, if anybody wants to play just send me a PSN message and ill hop on UT3.

[quote name='joshr915']Thanks everyone that showed! Vehicle CTF next week. only one new map needed, check the OP for details.

And curses to jman and rome for being such back stabbers! :p[/quote]

I couldn't resist, and had a lot of fun playing. I just had to go after you, and Senior since you guys are the best. ;)

Yeah, I started betraying after being betrayed a couple of times, I was all naive the first game...I still didn't understand the point systems though, at times I was in first place and at others I would drop to like 7th...I should probably watch the video...

[quote name='jwargand']Yeah, I started betraying after being betrayed a couple of times, I was all naive the first game...I still didn't understand the point systems though, at times I was in first place and at others I would drop to like 7th...I should probably watch the video...[/quote]

ya, watch the video. the idea is you DONT betray your teammates until they have a large pot (i believe all team members have the same pot size). so in essence, you wait and eventually a team member will betray another once they think the teams pot is large enough. then i believe if u get retribution, you get all your points back PLUS a bonus but your pot is back to one. you get one point in your pot even if you kill someone with a large pot. though you DO get all their pot points added to your total score, but only add 1 point to your own pot....thats confusing...but, get it? im sure there is a better description somewhere.

Basically...
Kill someone NOT on your team == You get the points above that person's head and 1 point is added to the team pot.
Anyone on your team kills someone else NOT on your team == 1 point is added to the team pot.
You kill someone ON your team == You get the points in the team pot +1 and you become a Rogue.
You kill a Rogue == You get that person's point value +6.

Some other things:
There can be only one Rogue for you, if you're on a three person team (persons A, B, and C) and person A betrays person B, A is now Rogue for B and C. Then if B (within 30 seconds) betrays C, then B is Rogue to C and A is off the hook (since anyone can only have one rogue and a Rogue can't have a Rogue).
If you manage to kill a teammate without the Instagib alt fire (like with the turret on our favorite map :lol:) you get their point value and a point added to the pot but it doesn't count as a betrayal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='js1']Do any of you want to go though the campaign portion of the game some time? If so let me know.[/quote]Yeah, I'll be down. Send me a friends request if i don't first. And also, do the co-op campaign missions help the "Beat Chapter # On Insane" trophies?

I can't play today though. Tomorrow I'll be on.

I have like 60 PS3 games and I spend almost all my time playing UT3. The previous game that took all my time was Team Fortress 2 on the PS3.

[quote name='Paco']I have like 60 PS3 games and I spend almost all my time playing UT3. The previous game that took all my time was Team Fortress 2 on the PS3.[/quote]Would you recommend 'The Orange Box'?

Do you have a PC that can run it good? If so then NO. There's NO updates, the community is dwindling and you are limited to 44 friends. Once you go past that, you're locked out of the game.

[quote name='blader16']Yeah, I'll be down. Send me a friends request if i don't first. And also, do the co-op campaign missions help the "Beat Chapter # On Insane" trophies?

I can't play today though. Tomorrow I'll be on.[/QUOTE]

I think all you have to do is beat the last chapter of each mission on insane to qualify for the trophy.

[quote name='js1']I think all you have to do is beat the last chapter of each mission on insane to qualify for the trophy.[/quote]
That is correct... You just have to beat the last mission of each chapter to unlock those trophies.

And, unless there is a separate CO-OP campaign, I'd say if you beat the last missions of each chapter in CO-OP mode, it would count.

[quote name='js1']I think all you have to do is beat the last chapter of each mission on insane to qualify for the trophy.[/quote]Have you gotten all of the insane trophies yet? If not, then I'll do them with you.

Hey I plan on joining you guys tonight, first CAG Community night i'd have played since I joined this site lol.

[quote name='kazo']Hey I plan on joining you guys tonight, first CAG Community night i'd have played since I joined this site lol.[/quote]

cool welcome. double check you have everything you need for tonight. check the OP.

Other than the Bombing Run Game type, I have everything in the OP.. anything else I need? Can't wait to play BTW :)

[quote name='kazo']I guess i'll add some of you to my FL then, sending now :)[/quote]

send a request from WITHIN UT3 since that is a separate list than the PSN friends list.

[quote name='johnnypark']I'll try to be on tonight but I've been so tired lately I might just pass the shaq-fu out.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I feel like crap.:puke:

I can add my friends probably to fill them in. You want me to Allah? I think I can rally at least two or three people.

a ten minute charge can still provide about 20-40 minutes of talk time. The game still has some time before it starts.

well good games tonight and good turnout despite missing a few vets. welcome new players :)
is the SG guy reading this? Could you hear all the smack I was talking at you?

[quote name='joshr915']well good games tonight and good turnout despite missing a few vets. welcome new players :)
is the SG guy reading this? Could you hear all the smack I was talking at you?[/QUOTE]

LOL nope, but I thought you guys would be better competition ;) Don't know why I couldn't hear you though. I didn't have that mute option on...

[quote name='kazo']LOL nope, but I thought you guys would be better competition ;) Don't know why I couldn't hear you though. I didn't have that mute option on...[/quote]

That's because most of the people only play this game on mondays instead of playing it daily.

bread's done
Back