CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Yanksfan']
Sony can change the rules, but they cannot stop this community. We will always find ways to help each other out and save money. It is what we do.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

I truly feel a solution will come out of this and the sharing will continue. In a modified manner of course!

------------

Selling Vegas 2 - $4 ($3 off!)

[quote name='WV Matsui']Amen!

I truly feel a solution will come out of this and the sharing will continue. In a modified manner of course!

------------

Selling Vegas 2 - $4 ($3 off!)[/QUOTE]

WV, what ever happened with our Hasbro group? I remember you saying you dropped out, but then you reposted it with your name in it again and I haven't seen it since.

[quote name='Tsel']WV, what ever happened with our Hasbro group? I remember you saying you dropped out, but then you reposted it with your name in it again and I haven't seen it since.[/QUOTE]

I ended up trading for a share on Friday...

Sorry brother!

Confirmed for the update, info from playstation blog

Fight Night Champion
Dead Space 2
Monopoly Streets
Chrono Cross (ps1)
Full Spectrum Warrior (ps2)
Stuntman: Ignition (ps2)

MGS collection is NOT confirmed for the store but is confirmed for disc

[quote name='jlazenby1']Confirmed for the update, info from playstation blog

Fight Night Champion
Dead Space 2
Monopoly Streets
Chrono Cross (ps1)

MGS collection is NOT confirmed for the store but is confirmed for disc[/QUOTE]

Damn!

Will DS2 include extraction?

Selling:

Dead Space 2 - $8.00

Looking for:

Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den DLC
Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions tester pack DLC
Enslaved Pigsy Perfect 10 DLC
Dead Space 2 Severed DLC

PM me please, thanks.

Think I'd like to buy a slot of any of the following:

Resident Evil 5 (would love to get this tonight!)
Splinter Cell trilogy Thanks randomdud
Dragon Age Origins
Bejeweled
God of War (all 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for groups with any 2 or more of these games, if you have a share or want to make a group, count me in:

Prince of Persia Trilogy, God of War Collection (1, 2 and both PSP remasters), Infamous 2, Crysis, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood, Limbo, Flower, Dragon Age: Origin, Echochrome 2, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (+DLC if possible), PixelJunk Monsters & Encore, PixelJunk Sidescroller, From Dust, Renegade Ops, Joe Dangers & Castle Crashers.

[quote name='jamehze']Sidescroller
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. smarkbran
5. waynetid

Is this still on or not?[/QUOTE]
I think I'll pass on this group, only really looking for groups with more than 1 game since my slots are running low.

[quote name='Waynetid']Looking for groups with any 2 or more of these games, if you have a share or want to make a group, count me in:

Prince of Persia Trilogy, God of War Collection (1, 2 and both PSP remasters), Infamous 2, Crysis, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood, Limbo, Flower, Dragon Age: Origin, Echochrome 2, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (+DLC if possible), PixelJunk Monsters & Encore, PixelJunk Sidescroller, From Dust, Renegade Ops, Joe Dangers & Castle Crashers.

I think I'll pass on this group, only really looking for groups with more than 1 game since my slots are running low.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. I don't think you're going to find enough people to get groups though before 11/18 and you'll just have to pay more for a slot. I'm not sure what you're worrying about with running low on slots. Are you going to play all 16 accounts at once?

Selling
Limbo $3
Ghostbusters $2
All Borderlands DLC $3
Tales of Monkey Island $3
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943 $2
Funky Lab Rat $2

Tentative want list once I refill my funds:
Sidescroller, Echochrome 2, Explodemon, Tumble, Swarm, Crysis

Full Retail Games:
Modnation Racers, Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Battlefield 3, Infamous 2, Black Ops, PoP Trilogy, Split/Second

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i think i might get out of that mgs group.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Doesn't Jurasuc Park come out this week too?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Why?

Doesn't Jurasuc Park come out this week too?[/QUOTE]

Jurassic Park comes out the 15th so the week after this but before the 18th.

[quote name='NSYNC']
Sony has been overlooking these type of threads and followed the trends for a long time. They've concluded it's gotten out of hand. You two split something 50/50, Sony COULD and probably will counter with a sale a few weeks/months later. Not everyone you're catering to will have played said item by then. It's too expensive to freefully buy shares at 50/50. Over time they'll essentially be giving your consumer, fellow gamesharers, a better, safer and easier option. We can say we won't buy anything, but they know it's not true. They'll knock us out one at time while we all spend more in the process.[/QUOTE]
Speculation! I thought so too, and concluded they are NOT paying people to do this. If anything, it's the "free" and "friendly" google that exposed all sharing forums.

[quote name='NSYNC']I think one of the scammers rounded up everyone's PSN ID and directed them to this thread awhile back.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you really think that' piece of shit, whose psn is WarLord911 or something, and was sharing/scamming like hell (which led him to discover CAG) reported us? he was just a butt hurt kid/teen!

[quote name='NSYNC']See heavyd814life? Add iRobotZombie to the list. No loss on Sony's end for the forseeable future. What's going to eventually happen is you'll get tired of getting stuck with 50% shares to offload and bow out like me. Could be a month or two years. Sony doesn't care, but your wallet might.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Yanksfan']Not everyone feels the same about needing to offload the content they purchased, especially at the same or similar price. I keep the ones I like and I have no problems taking a hit on the others. I purchase games from PSN/XBLA/Steam/iTunes and PSN is the only one I can resell from, or share as easily, even after these changes.[/QUOTE]
NSYNC's a trophy hunter, it's important to mention/repeat! he thinks everyone is like him.
Several shares I hosted are NOT moving from my ps3!

[quote name='Heavyd814life']NSYNC, i think you make a few valid points, but i also think you are panicking a bit.[/QUOTE]
+++

[quote name='bastiartadi']I will laugh if the activation loop hole stays open. All this discussion for nothing![/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it will.

[quote name='transcollector']grab the games you want to play now. still 5 users. if your the host you've got nothing to worry about. If you trust the host, you have nothing to worry about. a Trusted host list is needed maybe front paged and not one of these "new guy votes host is great", hosted 1 gameshare and is added to the list, maybe 10 is a magic number.[/QUOTE]
+ (says the guy who hosted at least 15 groups lol)

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I have a question. Why does it matter if you have a trustworthy host or not? Anybody with the login info can change the email/pass at anytime through Qriocity. So lets say someone in the group changes the email/pass how does the host have any power to do anything? Sorry if this is a dumb question but i have hosted a few shares and i'm curious.[/QUOTE]
can only change password from website.

[quote name='NSYNC']How many people that were banned are sitting on account info? It's overwhelming as someone who's hosted alot of shares.[/QUOTE]
I posted about badman having a bunch of accounts...

[quote name='Manhead']Anyone selling BF3? I can pay ASAP via paypal[/QUOTE]
watch out, noob!

[quote name='jlazenby1']Confirmed for the update, info from playstation blog

Fight Night Champion
Dead Space 2
Monopoly Streets
Chrono Cross (ps1)

MGS collection is NOT confirmed for the store but is confirmed for disc[/QUOTE]

Fight Night Champion! Let's get a group going for that, shall we?

Fight Night Champion - I imagine it'll be $8 a share, but I don't know for sure.
1. (host)
2. Tsel

Add yourselves!

[quote name='Waynetid']Looking for groups with any 2 or more of these games, if you have a share or want to make a group, count me in:

I think I'll pass on this group, only really looking for groups with more than 1 game since my slots are running low.[/QUOTE]

Id be in for monsters, encore, and a few of the other fun psn exclusives if there's interest in a group here. Willing to host.

[quote name='NSYNC']I think one of the scammers rounded up everyone's PSN ID and directed them to this thread awhile back.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you really think that' piece of shit, whose psn is war-dog-9_11, and was sharing/scamming like hell (which led him to discover CAG) reported us? he was just butt hurt!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums//member.php?u=320544
EDIT: that idiot uses the same nickname everywhere, and you can find his real name with a quick google search, LOL, you suck, James D.!

[quote name='NSYNC']See heavyd814life? Add iRobotZombie to the list. No loss on Sony's end for the forseeable future. What's going to eventually happen is you'll get tired of getting stuck with 50% shares to offload and bow out like me. Could be a month or two years. Sony doesn't care, but your wallet might.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Yanksfan']Not everyone feels the same about needing to offload the content they purchased, especially at the same or similar price. I keep the ones I like and I have no problems taking a hit on the others. I purchase games from PSN/XBLA/Steam/iTunes and PSN is the only one I can resell from, or share as easily, even after these changes.[/QUOTE]
NSYNC's a trophy hunter, it's important to mention/repeat! he thinks everyone is like him.
Several shares I hosted are NOT moving from my ps3 dude! He finished Joe Danger in days, it's a keepers on my console...

[quote name='Heavyd814life']NSYNC, i think you make a few valid points, but i also think you are panicking a bit.[/QUOTE]
+

[quote name='bastiartadi']I will laugh if the activation loop hole stays open. All this discussion for nothing![/QUOTE]
I say it will, they won't magically fix that loophole (reason they dislike to deactivate more than once, if any, btw).
NB: I'm not sure the old (5 activations) accounts will be deactivable with the new website.

[quote name='transcollector']grab the games you want to play now. still 5 users. if your the host you've got nothing to worry about. If you trust the host, you have nothing to worry about. a Trusted host list is needed maybe front paged and not one of these "new guy votes host is great", hosted 1 gameshare and is added to the list, maybe 10 is a magic number.[/QUOTE]
+++ (says the guy who hosted at least 15 groups lol)

[quote name='NSYNC']How many people that were banned are sitting on account info? It's overwhelming as someone who's hosted alot of shares.[/QUOTE]
I posted about badman having a bunch of accounts...

[quote name='Steadymobbin']if i buy bf3 will it only work on the first 2 accounts after the 18th ?[/QUOTE]

It'll have all 5 slots as long as you buy the game before the 18th

[quote name='Manhead']Anyone selling BF3? I can pay ASAP via paypal[/QUOTE]
watch out, noob!
sorry, but no noobs should be buying a share, or given a temporary pass.
Be wary of recent members (last 2-3 months) with few trades/feedback that are stocking up on shares, too.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']To Junno & the others in my [email protected] group-

Okay I believe I ran into the guy who changed the password to the account. It was a total coincidence but luckily it happened. Okay here's how it all started:

My friend got a PM over PSN from some guy named A-F-A-Marshal, the guy asks him if he wanted to trade. My friend then invited me to the chatroom and I had asked the guy how he found my friend. He said he had gotten it from seeing his PSN ID on the [email protected] account. Turns out cwinters2k8 had traded the account to him. I asked him for the password as it was my account and he refused (not surprised). I then ask him if he changed the password to the account and he says "i'm going to leave this topic, good day". After that he leaves the chatroom and logs off, then [email protected] (DAORULES) logs on. This makes me come to the conclusion that A-F-A-Marshal changed the password.

Should I add A-F-A-Marshal to the scammers list?[/QUOTE]
He's Don-Pappa: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?p=266016
and was banned, so yes, scammer! added to the (QJ/KHfuture) list.

Why don't you recover account using forgot DOB?

[quote name='Usuyami']For now, I'd like to try a prototype rental system. I have plenty of PS3 games just sitting around not being played. Will give us time to work out the kinks before the 18th.[/QUOTE]
Like the idea, too low fees though IMHO

Looking for people who want Tumble, Bomberman, and/or Ape Escape! I need those MOVE games for cheap!

And also interested in Bejeweled 2!

[quote name='DangKid']Looking for people who want Tumble, Bomberman, and/or Ape Escape! I need those MOVE games for cheap![/QUOTE]

Ape Escape was terrible and Bomberman Ultra was free with PS+. Want to try echochrome 2 or tumble?

[quote name='jamehze']Ape Escape was terrible and Bomberman Ultra was free with PS+. Want to try echochrome 2 or tumble?[/QUOTE]

I sort of enjoyed the Ape Escape demo. For a couple of bucks, it's worth it to support the developers so they know people are interested in Ape Escape. I didn't have PS+ then, but I do now. I didn't like the first echochrome, had it on PSP and played the demo multiple times on the PS3. I just could not get into it. It can be separated shares or grouped together, doesn't matter to me.

[quote name='meeek']Like the idea, too low fees though IMHO[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely low, but the whole point is to get people to try it and see that it can work to their benefit. Unfortunately, while people like the idea, no one has actually expressed an interest in renting anything. :cry:

Hey Wayne, fancy this?

PS Play $12
The Baconing +theme & dlc
Street Fighter 3 Online Edition +theme & dlc
Bloodrayne: Betrayal +theme
Renegade Ops + theme
Payday: The Heist +theme

Buy this and I will give the money to the HumbleBundle charity thing

Would like to buy a slot of any of the following:

Dragon Age Origins
Bejeweled
God of War (all 4)

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Would like to buy a slot of any of the following:

Dragon Age Origins
Bejeweled
God of War (all 4)[/QUOTE]
I will be hosting the god of war 1 and 2 collection. Pm me if you're interested.

Dantes inferno....

OK, here's the situation. the account is made, all have paid but 1 person who went MIA. after recieving a few pm's by the members of the group i've decided to give the share to the next person who pm's me.

dantes inferno, 1 spot available. $4.00 pm me.

EDIT: allowing jlazenby1 the share with agreement to pay wednesday.

EDIT: Paid in full :)

[quote name='contej85']I will be hosting the god of war 1 and 2 collection. Pm me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, only looking for a slot with all 4 games, not just the 1st 2

[quote name='Usuyami']Yeah, it's definitely low, but the whole point is to get people to try it and see that it can work to their benefit. Unfortunately, while people like the idea, no one has actually expressed an interest in renting anything. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this, as I was new to this back in May, but maybe we should create a social group for trusted/veteran members.

Personally, I have been a part of 41 gameshares (either as part of an original group, or resold to me.) Of those I have resold 13 and have experienced very few issues. I have also been a part of a long-term group since July. I don't think I have ever had a complaint lodged against me and I know many of the people I deal with have not had any against them.

I hate to turn this into a bit of an "exclusive" club, but it might be best for some of us to band together and try out some of these new concepts (i.e. Usuyami's rentals, NSYNC's tier-system, etc.)

It will allow us to work out the wrinkles without the fear of mass-deactivation.

If anyone wants to take the initiative and start a Social Group, and assuming I am welcome, I would be more than happy to join.

Just my 2-cents. Flame away.

p.s. Not that it matters, but I can provide names of every person I have bought a share from. The joy of keeping PM's.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I hate to turn this into a bit of an "exclusive" club, but it might be best for some of us to band together and try out some of these new concepts (i.e. Usuyami's rentals, NSYNC's tier-system, etc.)

It will allow us to work out the wrinkles without the fear of mass-deactivation.[/QUOTE]

I'd be in with this idea. It probably isn't the best idea to try out all of this new stuff with newbs who might screw you over. A few people have joined about the same time the "2 slots" news came out. Better safe than sorry.

I managed to pick up a Rochard share so I don't need that anymore (not sure if that group was still out there though, but putting it out there in case).

Still looking for Dungeon Hunter, though if anyone has that.

Originally Posted by Manhead
Anyone selling BF3? I can pay ASAP via paypal
watch out, noob!
Be wary of recent members (last 2-3 months) with few trades/feedback that are stocking up on shares, too.

Too late meek, I sold Manhead my share for BF3. Just a heads up

Battlefield 3 #2 ($16.80) Hosted by Usuyami
1) cheapbrokegamer --> sold to Manhead
2) uuaww
3) harleymandvdson
4) 0_0
5) iRobotZombie

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I hate to say this, as I was new to this back in May, but maybe we should create a social group for trusted/veteran members.

Personally, I have been a part of 41 gameshares (either as part of an original group, or resold to me.) Of those I have resold 13 and have experienced very few issues. I have also been a part of a long-term group since July. I don't think I have ever had a complaint lodged against me and I know many of the people I deal with have not had any against them.

I hate to turn this into a bit of an "exclusive" club, but it might be best for some of us to band together and try out some of these new concepts (i.e. Usuyami's rentals, NSYNC's tier-system, etc.)

It will allow us to work out the wrinkles without the fear of mass-deactivation.

If anyone wants to take the initiative and start a Social Group, and assuming I am welcome, I would be more than happy to join.

Just my 2-cents. Flame away.

p.s. Not that it matters, but I can provide names of every person I have bought a share from. The joy of keeping PM's.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=494

Not sure what to call it, but it's a start. :)

Is there anyway to set more than one person that can maintain the group? There's too many people to invite and I need to set up a gameshare atm.

[quote name='meeek']watch out, noob!
Be wary of recent members (last 2-3 months) with few trades/feedback that are stocking up on shares, too.[/QUOTE]

This. I really hope more people will be careful with who they choose to sell their slots to. If the person ends up being a scammer, they could screw the entire group over. I understand that there's a lot of panicking going on and a rush to sell shares, but I don't think it's worth it when you risk screwing groups over with rash decision making.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Originally Posted by Manhead
Anyone selling BF3? I can pay ASAP via paypal
watch out, noob!

Too late meek, I sold Manhead my share for BF3. Just a heads up

Battlefield 3 #2 ($16.80) Hosted by Usuyami
1) cheapbrokegamer --> sold to Manhead
2) uuaww
3) harleymandvdson
4) 0_0
5) iRobotZombie[/QUOTE]
oh well, good thing you put up the list.

Sorry Manhead, we have to protect our nice community, you just came at the wrong time to the "party"...

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I hate to turn this into a bit of an "exclusive" club, but it might be best for some of us to band together and try out some of these new concepts (i.e. Usuyami's rentals, NSYNC's tier-system, etc.)

If anyone wants to take the initiative and start a Social Group, and assuming I am welcome, I would be more than happy to join.[/QUOTE]
I'm up for testing! buy a $5 game, try deactivating, etc...

[quote name='Just2Dirty']EUR Fortune Hunter Club - Uncharted 3[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mitnosi']Looking for (Crysis and a) Trine share. PM me![/QUOTE]
[quote name='jlazenby1'].[/QUOTE]
[quote name='clonesniper666']Looking to buy a slot of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with all dlc, AC2 & AC1[/QUOTE]
for reference

[quote name='meeek']oh well, good thing you put up the list. I'm guessing ProAtWork is the host, he might be better off changing pass until we know more.

Sorry "Manhead", but a few noobs turned out to be scammers, we have to protect our nice community, and you happened to come very late to the party![/QUOTE]

Actually it says right there that I'm the host. :cry: I feel uneasy changing the password without the original group's consent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back