CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Smith's development is slow.[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter he is already a stud plus its the last season development wont matter as much as already developed skill

[quote name='DVO21']doesnt matter he is already a stud plus its the last season development wont matter as much as already developed skill[/QUOTE]

I never said it mattered. He just wanted to know.

Man my next pic is forever away! I am gonna go ahead and sign off fellas! I got my needs and now it's just back ups. Looks like everyone had a good draft and a few NEEDED. Good draft! In REALLY curious how San Fran will be this year!

[quote name='Lexxon']gaddamned dolphins got my guard.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit- the CPU did something right! I need to replace those starters who wouldn't negotiate with me.

Nate, I know I voted for this time, but I got invited to an Easter barbecue earlier today. At the time I responded to the PM, I had no plans.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Trade Approved

And that should be the last of the pre-draft trades (yay...praise Jesus)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']No idea. I can't even begin to figure out why the game isn't allowing trades to go through AFTER an advancement. You guys come up with something, and we'll have to vote on it. Otherwise...these trades would probably just have to be reversed. Casualty of a shitty game.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for wasting the Trade Committee's time, since we didn't get the trade done. We will work something out after the draft.

[quote name='Konfusion']Dark Rider, I hope you get swept by the Chargers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Rider']Such kind words. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Konfusion']:lol:[/QUOTE]

I wish...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm excited to get back to playing. I had a good scrimmage with DVO today. I really do miss that Packers team. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm ready to get back on the field too. this has been a long offseason lol

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That poor CB is still sitting in the green room by himself. This is worse than when Brady Quinn kept falling.[/QUOTE]

I'd say, since this is Day 3.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That poor CB is still sitting in the green room by himself. This is worse than when Brady Quinn kept falling.[/QUOTE]

I almost took him just out of pity lol

So, Kaster and I are going to just trade up when it's our turn to picks.

Coming up, I'll send him Jammer for his 4th Rd pick.

In the 7th round, he'll send me the two players (Fusco and Raymond) for my 7th.

That ok?

[quote name='DarkTower80']Mr Irrelevant here he comes.

Edit - Boo. Pity pick by the Seahawks. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what I'm doing in this draft anyways so I thought, why not :p

[quote name='Zolor23']So, Kaster and I are going to just trade up when it's our turn to picks.

Coming up, I'll send him Jammer for his 4th Rd pick.

In the 7th round, he'll send me the two players (Fusco and Raymond) for my 7th.

That ok?[/QUOTE]

Works for me. Anything that has been approved by the committee can be put through however you guys have to do it. We understand that this is just the game being difficult and completely unintuitive now.

Yeah, pretty much all of the "sleeper" picks that I had targeted were gone by the 2nd round...which defeats the entire purpose of the "sleeper" pick. Madden's draft system is so screwed up. They need to just scrap it and start over.

[quote name='slofton']I've only had one pick so far lol[/QUOTE]

lol, I didn't scout anyone else at that point, so I might as well pick the kicker.

Yeah, the idea of sleeper picks is cool but when everyone can just scout like 3 attributes per position and tell who the studs are, it just doesn't work.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Yeah, the idea of sleeper picks is cool but when everyone can just scout like 3 attributes per position and tell who the studs are, it just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't think of a way to do it without making it a crapshoot in later rounds. They need to at least make the players names and attributes random. It's too easy to find out who to take just by looking online. You can do pretty well in the draft just by scouting, but eventually you run out of scouting points and can go look online. If it was random, you would really have to think about where you are using your scouting points. I hope they come up with a new system next year, but I doubt they will.

No one is to sign any free agents following the draft!

We will be doing a draft style for free agent pick ups by grouping teams!

Any team that signs a free agent will receive a strike and be forced to drop that free agent!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']No one is to sign any free agents following the draft!

We will be doing a draft style for free agent pick ups by grouping teams!

Any team that signs a free agent will receive a strike and be forced to drop that free agent![/QUOTE]

what about trades that were agreed upon but did not go through before the draft? will the trades go through with the draft rights to the players picked for the picks in the trade? or will the trades not go through at all?

[quote name='DVO21']ravens sure drafted alot of TE this draft wonder what the plan is with all of them[/QUOTE]

Haha. I'm definitely going use one as trade bait. I wanted to take a WR at some point, but they kept getting taken before my picks and I didn't want to reach for a mediocre one when I can just pick up one as a free agent. I figured I could trade one of these TEs in the preseason and get someone I wanted.

[quote name='sicsonic']what about trades that were agreed upon but did not go through before the draft? will the trades go through with the draft rights to the players picked for the picks in the trade? or will the trades not go through at all?[/QUOTE]

My feeling is it should be situational to the trade. For my deal, the Cowboys didnt draft anybody I would have taken if I had had those picks, so they are of no value to me now. We'll likely rework the trade at this point. Your situation may be a little different since the Cowboys took the same player you would have taken though.

[quote name='Konfusion']Haha. I'm definitely going use one as trade bait. I wanted to take a WR at some point, but they kept getting taken before my picks and I didn't want to reach for a mediocre one when I can just pick up one as a free agent. I figured I could trade one of these TEs in the preseason and get someone I wanted.[/QUOTE]

ya i was wondring what the plan was... the whole time i was thinking he does know we arent allowed to line TEs up as WRs anymore right lol.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What's to stop the Rams from signing guys?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that they wouldn't be able to do anything until after the first advance. And in that case, we can get a squatter if necessary.

[quote name='DVO21']ya i was wondring what the plan was... the whole time i was thinking he does know we arent allowed to line TEs up as WRs anymore right lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. I thought you were thinking I was going to come out in goal line offense and cheese it up down the field. Don't worry, that is not my plan either. I just didn't have any other players worth taking on my board and knew I could possibly trade one in preseason.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Good question. I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that they wouldn't be able to do anything until after the first advance. And in that case, we can get a squatter if necessary.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't be able to do anything until the advance to next week.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Does the 6 weeks rule apply to drafted guys, or just traded players and free agents?[/QUOTE]

Another good question. My initial thought was that it should...but then I guess trading rookies does happen more often than established players. Thoughts?

[quote name='staticz']Are we just doing one round of FA? I need 10 guys...[/QUOTE]

Probably one round of organized, then free for all. Last time we based on cap space and number of players, right? To me, cap space should still be more important...because that shows teams that have paced themselves with their spending. Teams that just need a lot of player might have overspent on big free agents, and are now just realizing "oops".

[quote name='Konfusion']They shouldn't be able to do anything until the advance to next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see that we have to advance to the preseason now. We should probably get a squatter now, then. Anyone want to rustle one up? I'm starting to run out of time (wife was kind enough to give me 2 hours of free time on a busy Sunday before school starts back). I'll be working on the groups for free agency tonight...and hopefully we can get that going soon. I anticipate only allowing a day for each preseason week (hopefully starting with tomorrow). You don't have to play your games. Injuries will be off. Just try to let your opponent know if you don't mind if they play your CPU.

I also think it should be allowed. Since we aren't able to trade picks on the fly during the draft like in the NFL, sometimes you have to take players you might not be crazy about and I think they should be tradable as they would be during the draft.

[quote name='GamerDude316']cap space can also just mean teams that had offers on big FA's (ie all the Revis losers) that didnt go through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...and? Those teams have the most to spend...and I still believe it makes the most sense for them to have "dibs" on the top free agents remaining. I'm not even one of those teams. I've got like $7M in cap space...but I also have like 54 players.

[quote name='DVO21']it should go by record or actual draft order i think that way its kinda like a waiver wire.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely another option...and would be the easiest to do. My only hesitation there is with so many teams switching owners, we don't really know if the players are deserving of those records. But yeah...I'd honestly prefer to do it this way. Less work for me, lol. :)

bread's done
Back