Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

[quote name='Demolition Man']CNN TV just reported this as an "homicide."[/quote]

omfg i hope it wasn't domestic, i refuse to believe that......

[quote name='neocisco']Not by choice, by circumstance.[/QUOTE]
I still don't see just why WWE would force an investigation from the government if it's found to be a drug-induced death. If there's foul play, there could be one anyway, without WWE's involvement.

[quote name='mykevermin']Vince McMahon mentioned something about them being in a "new suburban Atlanta home." I imagine that it would be a freak accident caused by carbon monoxide. I won't speculate otherwise until I hear more news.

So far, it's a really classy show. WWE knows how to be a classy production, and I wish they would be that way each and every week.[/QUOTE]

how fast and cheap they put them up today i wouldnt be shocked... Again it could been a nut fan that was stalking his family. Maybe that is why they cancelled the matches last night cause of it... Then again we wont really know till the cops release the info. If it was a fan i hope they string him up.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Why would WWE do that?[/quote]

how many current/former wrestlers have to die before the gov't investigates the WWE..hell all it took was one person to sayI took steriods and a book before they investigated mlb

The CAG fans are coming out of the woodwork for this thread...truly an outpouring of appreciation for the greatest wrestler of the past decade.

[quote name='mykevermin']I imagine that it would be a freak accident caused by carbon monoxide.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing with all 3 of them gone.

You have to wonder though if him missing the PPV match last night had anything to do with this. He wasn't found dead in his home until this afternoon. Just wondering if him missing a match last night had any relationship to this.

nah..i'm not buying the carbon monoxide... that wouldn't make them puke blood like what I've seen in some of the bulletins..

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I still don't see just why WWE would force an investigation from the government if it's found to be a drug-induced death. If there's foul play, there could be one anyway, without WWE's involvement.[/quote]

I'm guessing he meant that WWE wouldn't initiate it but that the government could potentially step in of their own accord.

Maybe some messed up fan attacked him for thinking he killed Vince Mcmahon. or someone did the Mark David Chapman to him. It is sad he was my favorite wrestle and I always played him in all the n64 wrestling games.

[quote name='mr ryles']You have to wonder though if him missing the PPV match last night had anything to do with this. He wasn't found dead in his home until this afternoon. Just wondering if him missing a match last night had any relationship to this.[/QUOTE]

I think so; he flew home b/c his wife and/or son was really sick, not thinking of linking it to their new home, and staying their overnight to make sure everyone is ok...

[quote name='DJSteel']nah..i'm not buying the carbon monoxide... that wouldn't make them puke blood like what I've seen in some of the bulletins..[/QUOTE]

Until I see that on a real news site, I don't believe it. Any news not reported by WWE or CNN/FOX/etc. should be handled with an enormous grain of salt.

[quote name='neocisco']I'm guessing he meant that WWE wouldn't initiate it but that the government could potentially step in of their own accord.[/quote]

correct!

[quote name='DJSteel']how many current/former wrestlers have to die before the gov't investigates the WWE..hell all it took was one person to sayI took steriods and a book before they investigated mlb[/QUOTE]
The nation at large cares about the MLB, and it's taken far more seriously than wrestling in the eyes of the media. Wrestling has had many steroid-related deaths and the government has done nothing to step in and stop it - I don't see that changing, although I wish it would, as far too many people are dying young and another government investigation on steroids in wrestling would clean it up for a while.

Authorities said professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and child were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home.

Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details.

Pope said the deaths are being investigated as homicide, but the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.

He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.

The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that the 40-year-old Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son Daniel were found dead but also had no other details.

The WWE said that instead of its programming Monday night on USA Network, it would air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

"slain" i fucking feel sick to my stomach

I just ordered the hard knocks DVD as soon as I found out. I had been meaning to buy it for a while, its unfortunate that it took this to make me buy it.

To the above poster. The steriod death does not make sense, So what you are saying is that his kid and wife were taking steriods before they died also. Seeing that they were all sick and coughing up blood?

Smackdown/ECW had a house show in the city I go to college at earlier in the year. During the day before the show, CM Punk signed autographs at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant and Benoit signed autographs at a car dealership.

Benoit was about 2 hours late for his signing due to flight delays, but it was worth the wait. I had him sign my Hard Knocks DVD and after the show that night I ran into Elijah Burke and he signed my ticket stub. I only got those two autographs that day and it is sorta weird now that I think about it. I have actually kept the Elijah Burke signed stub in my Benoit case.

RIP Chris

[quote name='mykevermin']I think so; he flew home b/c his wife and/or son was really sick, not thinking of linking it to their new home, and staying their overnight to make sure everyone is ok...

Until I see that on a real news site, I don't believe it. Any news not reported by WWE or CNN/FOX/etc. should be handled with an enormous grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

heard on the news too many people dieing that way. That is why everytime is someone we know doesnt feel well or has a major headache we tell them to make sure its not something leaking in your house that is making them sick...

[quote name='neocisco']If you want to get a great DVD about Benoit before the vultures start putting them up then here's an option.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought this right on the day it was released. Priceless 2 disc set.

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman." The newspaper says they met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on Turner-owned World Championship Wrestling.

There will be no new information on the cause of death until Tuesday at the earliest so let's keep the speculation off the board please. It doesn't do any good. The autopsies will most likely be fast-tracked but that will still take several days at best.

[quote name='fdrevin']To the above poster. The steriod death does not make sense, So what you are saying is that his kid and wife were taking steriods before they died also. Seeing that they were all sick and coughing up blood?[/quote]

no.. the thing about steroids is that it affects the brain and creates damage to it. Mostly by depression... many football players have had this happen to them.. and eventually they go crazy...

[quote name='DJSteel']slain..that sucks...back to the steroid induced depressed suicide murder idea...[/QUOTE]

why would he fly back home just to kill them. I highly doubt it.

I say either it was poison or a nut fan kill them or hell it could been someone broke into their house to rob them and killed them. who really knows.

Cant remember but more off topic

Did they ever say why Flying brian pillman died of and what year was that (just seemed like yesterday)
thanks

Also who was the 4 horsemen with benoit (i know mongo but cant remember the others and are any of them still around

I don't watch wrestling anymore either, but when I did, Benoit was one of my favorites--truly a great.

It's a tragedy no matter what the cause is.

Something isn't right here, either--it sounds to me like a murder/suicide.

I don't think it was a murder suicide situation. If he recently moved to ATL, maybe some thugs had been scoping out the house to see when would be the best time to break in, we'll have to see if anything was stolen.

[quote name='slidecage']why would he fly back home just to kill them. I highly doubt it.

I say either it was poison or a nut fan kill them or hell it could been someone broke into their house to rob them and killed them. who really knows.[/quote]

just my idea...you are right.. there is no way to know...

[quote name='neocisco']There will be no new information on the cause of death until Tuesday at the earliest so let's keep the speculation off the board please. It doesn't do any good. The autopsies will most likely be fast-tracked but that will still take several days at best.[/QUOTE]

I just got word on IRC that Fox 5 Atlanta is reporting that Kevin Sullivan has been arrested. He was caught at the airport.

Suspicions indeed.....

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just got word on IRC that Fox 5 Atlanta is reporting that Kevin Sullivan has been arrested. He was caught at the airport.

Suspicions indeed.....[/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking.

[quote name='CAG 79']I don't think it was a murder suicide situation. If he recently moved to ATL, maybe some thugs had been scoping out the house to see when would be the best time to break in, we'll have to see if anything was stolen.[/quote]

He's lived in Peachtree City for years. Again, let's stop the uninformed speculation. It's nothing but rumor-mongering.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just got word on IRC that Fox 5 Atlanta is reporting that Kevin Sullivan has been arrested. He was caught at the airport.

Suspicions indeed.....[/quote]

oh geez....so that feud was a shoot??

[quote name='mykevermin']I hope you're joking.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a joke myself. However there is a very well known history between Benoit and Sullivan back in WCW that was all over Mrs. Benoit. Who knows... you would think that with all of this in the past long time ago. Its hard to know tho.

We'll see.

I hope it isn't a murder situation, especially one caused by Kevin Sullivan, but he has been known as a nutjob in wrestling... ugh. Chavo's story is incredibly touching, and very, very sad. The Fox Atlanta site doesn't have a thing about Kevin Sullivan. Chavo and Dean's dedications to Benoit were tremendous. Hopefully WWE archives them on their site like they did for Eddie.

No fucking way

I never liked Chavo Guerrero so much in my life. Gotta feel sorry for this guy, Eddie and Chris? That just isn't right.

wow i didnt know this

In early 1996, Pillman started his infamous "Loose Cannon" storyline and started a feud with Kevin Sullivan. He ended up leaving WCW for the WWF in February and Benoit took over to create one of the most talked about feuds of all time. In this feud, Woman, who was really married to Sullivan, left him for Benoit. However, life imitated art, and Woman actually left Sullivan for Benoit. This feud got heated and it is a common belief that some of the matches were shoot fights rather than the pre-planned matches.

\Dont know why he would wait 11 years to kill them if he did

I have to call bullshit on that. What source did the IRC guy use?

bread's done
Back