Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']

Street Fighter 4(or a new SF main series title) is supposed to be unveiled next week. I can confirm that there is one in the works but I'm not at liberty to say what it is. Udon is working on the artwork for the game.

[/QUOTE]

that's good to hear. do you think they'll include ryu's skeletal remains as a secret character or something? or maybe he could be the next oro, who knows

- KOF Maximum Impact 2 for X-Box 360
- Marvel Nemisis for PS2, X-Box, GC, and PSP
- Samurai Showdown V for X-Box, (SNK also released Samurai Showdown Special for arcades in Japan.)

I'm most excited about Tekken 5: DR and Neo Geo BC (I love the way it played)

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm getting a custom made one done from a SRK member... works of art I tell you... I'm opting for Sanwa stick/Seimetsu buttons...[/QUOTE]

It is Dreaded Fist? If so then he made me an awesome Happ a couple of months back. It's perfect. The only thing is that I asked for cancave buttons instead of convex. I should have asked fro those for better access to the buttons and easier execution, but NOOOO I just had to be old-school :roll:

Oh, and after those video clips I saw in the old thread, I'm really loking forward to NGBC.

[quote name='MarkMan']If anyone wants to play 3S or Hyper sometime on XBL let me know!!!

GT - SD TEKKEN 619

---

I was the one that mentioned selling HRAPs... they're unfortunately sold out right now but we are expecting restock within early September.

The best price for a HRAP was the show special at EVO2005... the stick was going for $60 shipped... it was the EVO2005 special at the Hori booth...[/QUOTE]

JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST MARY AND JOSEPH!!

$60? I'd kill to get one at that price.

lol you guys talking about using cheap tactics and people killing their mothers just to win made me think of Phrost. MarkMan who's the go to guy on shrouken (hope I spelled that right) for getting sticks made? I want to get a Dan one.

[quote name='2poor']thats a pretty damn good price for a RAP. im starting the build on my own arcade stick using a japanese stick and happ buttons.[/QUOTE]
Link to the stick? (like where you're buying it from)? I need me a good site to buy a good ball-top.

[quote name='The VGM']lol you guys talking about using cheap tactics and people killing their mothers just to win made me think of Phrost. MarkMan who's the go to guy on shrouken (hope I spelled that right) for getting sticks made? I want to get a Dan one.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is.. half the time I'm going easy on you :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']The funny thing is.. half the time I'm going easy on you :lol:[/QUOTE]

Is that why you lose?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/29/news_6132139.html

I hope this is SF IV. I would probably shit myself if it is. And I know this was mentioned earlier, just providing some linkage to a little bit of confirmation that something is coming from capcom[/QUOTE]
I dunno if I could live through the excitement.

It better be 2D, it better have GG-or-better quality of sprites, and it better be awesome.

I can't wait! It's almost mythical!

[quote name='evilmax17']I dunno if I could live through the excitement.

It better be 2D, it better have GG-or-better quality of sprites, and it better be awesome.

I can't wait! It's almost mythical![/QUOTE]

If it doesn't then, you know, fuck capcom. They've been giving us the same shitty sprites for far too long. :bomb:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If it doesn't then, you know, fuck capcom. They've been giving us the same shitty sprites for far too long. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

What do you care, it isn't in 3D. I'm glad you changed your picture, the last one made you look like the kinda guy that would hang around Denny's at 3AM. Wait, this one does too.

I actually would like it if the game they unveiled was Street Fighter Alpha 4. Capcom would never put Dan in a normal Street Fighter game.

Didn't someone say that Ryu would be the only returning old school character? That knocks out Ken and a shitload of other good fighters (that I'd never use). Not to happy about that either.

[quote name='The VGM']What do you care, it isn't in 3D. I'm glad you changed your picture, the last one made you look like the kinda guy that would hang around Denny's at 3AM. Wait, this one does too.

I actually would like it if the game they unveiled was Street Fighter Alpha 4. Capcom would never put Dan in a normal Street Fighter game.

Didn't someone say that Ryu would be the only returning old school character? That knocks out Ken and a shitload of other good fighters (that I'd never use). Not to happy about that either.[/QUOTE]

I'd play more 2D games if they didn't all (except GG) look like shit. ;)

[quote name='The VGM']They don't. I have said it before and I'll say it again. You have bad taste.[/QUOTE]

Coming from you, that's a mighty fine compliment. :cool:

About the assholes on C vs. Snk 2-- don't even get me started on the DROPPERS. fuck them in their stupid little asses!

Also, I got my copy in today, I should be online within the next few days!

I also got my copy of Melty Blood: REACT from Himeya. sweet. I now have both the MB's sealed. WOOT!

If anyone here has an extra copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the DC, I'm interested.

That new game better be Street Fighter 4, and it better surpass Third Strike (a tough task to do), or heads will roll.

Oh, and the 2D game with the best sprites is Third Strike. I say that because the sprites move fluidly and the animation for them is excellent. The GG Games have nice-looking high-res sprites, but if you notice, the framerate doesn't come anywhere near 3S.

Agreed. Hopefully they'll do SF3 animation(which is some of the best in any game ever) with GG res sprites :D

evanft, fuck off.

While you guys were all kissing MarkMan's ass and giving him these: :bow: , I was looking at Epic Wolf's collection, and was wondering where the fuck he's been at.

women_internet.jpg

VGM: lol... this forum would definately be boring if it weren't for your posts. I never claimed I had a crazy collection, and I don't think any of the guys here were ass kissin', just lay off of em', everyone here(including you) is cool most of the time... let's keep it that way.

Anyways regarding custom sticks, I'm working with finkle on SRK, he's building a stick for me... here's some of his work:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y239/suite53sticks/

http://photobucket.com/albums/y239/suite53sticks/commissioned work/?start=0

[quote name='evanft']And?[/QUOTE]

And that was a funny as joke. Give me credit or gtfo.

[quote name='MarkMan']VGM: lol... this forum would definately be boring if it weren't for your posts. I never claimed I had a crazy collection, and I don't think any of the guys here were ass kissin', just lay off of em', everyone here(including you) is cool most of the time... let's keep it that way.

Anyways regarding custom sticks, I'm working with finkle on SRK, he's building a stick for me... here's some of his work:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y239/suite53sticks/

http://photobucket.com/albums/y239/suite53sticks/commissioned%20work/?start=0[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon, you can admit they were ass kissing a lil bit. Personally I won't be impressed until you whip out all the SF shit, but that's just me.

EDIT: Those are some very sexy sticks. How much did yours cost?

[quote name='Apossum']About the assholes on C vs. Snk 2-- don't even get me started on the DROPPERS. fuck them in their stupid little asses!

Also, I got my copy in today, I should be online within the next few days!

I also got my copy of Melty Blood: REACT from Himeya. sweet. I now have both the MB's sealed. WOOT!

If anyone here has an extra copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the DC, I'm interested.[/QUOTE]

you shouldnt play third strike then if you dont like droppers. theres so many assholes and droppers on third strike.

and markman are those flat tops or are they angled?

edit: i think he paid $120 plus shipping for one made by that guy.

Damn $120 plus shipping? Thank God someone bought my Gamecube. They look slightly angled to me.

EDIT: I definately think I'm going to give him a ring, these sticks are sexy.

yeah they charge a lot on custom sticks at srk. hey markman can you ask for the dimensions of those sticks? it would be really helpful.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Oh, and the 2D game with the best sprites is Third Strike. I say that because the sprites move fluidly and the animation for them is excellent. The GG Games have nice-looking high-res sprites, but if you notice, the framerate doesn't come anywhere near 3S.[/QUOTE]

Third Strike is fairly smooth, but I didn't think it was anything special.

[quote name='2poor']yeah they charge a lot on custom sticks at srk. hey markman can you ask for the dimensions of those sticks? it would be really helpful.[/QUOTE]

What's this SRK? A site? Links, now!

SRK is short for www.shoryuken.com ...

The stick I'm getting has a bit more stuff than his normal work, so I'm being charged $160.

:(

EDIT - for the stick, finkle can make it however you want, slightly angled, flat, etc...

For my stick I asked for a Korean joystick to be put in instead of a Sanwa, and for quick disconnects so I can change out things at will... also all metal instead of wood...

[quote name='MarkMan']SRK is short for www.shoryuken.com ...

The stick I'm getting has a bit more stuff than his normal work, so I'm being charged $160.

:([/QUOTE]

I figured. What's this guy's name again?

And what extra stuff did you ask for? I bet it's a *gasp* TEKKEN STICK!

Here's a link to his thread on SRK:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90296

His forum name is finkle, real name Noel.

lol... the design may suprise you but I did not choose a Tekken design... I asked for all black with blue sanwa buttons... with 8 bit sprites of megaman on it...

This one is actually going to be for my lil' brother who's turning 16 next week.

I'm still designing how mine will be...

[quote name='MarkMan']Ask around on the image mishmash forums or on other forums, I'm sure someone can whip up something crazy...[/QUOTE]

*possibilities of the dan stick run wild in my head*

Muhahahahahahahahah

I just popped in Third Stike, and I swear the DC must have the worst d-pad ever. I had forgotten how bad it is ... you're almost better off using the analog stick. :shock: :cry:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just popped in Third Stike, and I swear the DC must have the worst d-pad ever. I had forgotten how bad it is ... you're almost better off using the analog stick. :shock: :cry:[/QUOTE]

wtf are you talking about.

[quote name='The VGM']wtf are you talking about.[/QUOTE]

It's horrible ... or maybe it's just mine. Maybe I just need a new one. This one has hundreds upon hundreds of hours on it, while the analog stick has barely been touched. :oops: :lol:

I don't know what legeal paths Capcom USA and Capcom Japan have to go through to make a new Street Fighter since Capcom USA owns the rights. I heard Udon (They do the crappy Street Fighter comic) will be doing artwork for it.

Also, anyone know where I can get a X-box Street Fighter controller (with Guile) cheaper than $30?

Rodimus Donut:

GameStop stores dropped the price on the XBOX SF Anniversary controllers... they're $19.99 now. Might want to check your nearest GS.

Capcom Japan, although unannounced, got the rights to make the next Street Fighter title... also members of the original team that worked on SF II, Alpha/Zero series, and the III titles will have involvement in the project(even though they left Capcom to form their own company...)

Someone make me a pimp Dan background for my stick.

MarkMan, you seem to be a knowledgable guy, what kind of parts should I get for it? Happ or whatever they're called?

have you ever played on japanese arcade sticks vgm? or are you more comfortable with american arcade sticks?

[quote name='2poor']have you ever played on japanese arcade sticks vgm? or are you more comfortable with american arcade sticks?[/QUOTE]

Well I couldn't tell you with the buttons but I like the ball more then the bat. I use the ball on my xbox stick.

[quote name='2poor']the ball and bat thing isnt the thing that seperates american and japanese parts.

http://www.modeverything.com/

click jap. vs amer. parts

that should be the info you need.[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about the convex and conclave issue. Damn I'll have to do some thinking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back