Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you prefer ball type sticks, the best one to get would be a Sanwa stick.

As for button parts... American style like in the arcades are Happ buttons... they're either concave/convex... it's more of a preference thing... If you want something similar to an Agetec DC stick, you should go for Sanwa buttons.

For more detailed pictures of Japanese parts you can check out www.himuragames.com ...

lol, it doesn't really matter that much to me, but I do like the DC stick so I probably will use Sanwa parts.

as for the buttons, the sanwa buttons are convex and the happ competition buttons are too. i would go for the happ competitions because theyre cheaper and theres not much of a difference between the 2. sanwa buttons are "softer"

[quote name='2poor']as for the buttons, the sanwa buttons are convex and the happ competition buttons are too. i would go for the happ competitions because theyre cheaper and theres not much of a difference between the 2. sanwa buttons are "softer"[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. I like soft though :D

[quote name='2poor']then all sanwa parts it will be![/QUOTE]

lol, indeed. I hope that guy installs them. Pimp Pink to match Dan's Gi of course.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Do alot of people play that online still? Seems like the only people that play older titles online only care about their stats. Nobody plays SVC Chaos online anymore (and why should they) except a couple cheeze balls who exploit Shin Akuma. I hate playing these people, It's like they'll kill their own mother just to win a single game.[/QUOTE]

I always seem to find a game within a minute or two at most when I play. I played some SVC Chaos but I hate how you can't challenge people to rematches after the fight is over. I play the older titles because I like them a lot. My stats aren't that great so it is a true statement! :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']If you want something similar to an Agetec DC stick, you should go for Sanwa buttons.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. To me, the Agetec DC stick is the best stick ever in all respects, and if they made the exact same thing for other systems I would buy them all. Sadly, they don't. If I made my own stick, it would be as close to the DC stick as I could get it.

Looks like all Sanwa for me too.

[quote name='The VGM']MM you know any good artists in particular I should send a PM to on SRK?[/QUOTE]

Offhand, no I don't but a lot of the people that visit their Image Mishmash forum are really talented with PS... I'm sure if you make a thread someone will be make you some artwork... they're there to help...

If you still can't find an artist I can try looking more, but I'm lazy right now it's so hot...

Is it just me or is it difficult to play 2d fighters with the tekken 5 stick? maybe it's the whole box well, instead of an omni-directional well.

yeah, i don't think i've ever played a 2-d fighter with a joystick like it. seems like it's made more for tapping in 3-d games.

Anyway, shit, I gotta stop procrastinating so i can play some of the games i got today :)

MarkMan, would you say that the Hori Real Arcade Pro is the best out of the box stick available, or at least the best at it's price?

yeah right a RAP the best for its price. you could build one yourself for cheaper than the price of one RAP

[quote name='MarkMan']Offhand, no I don't but a lot of the people that visit their Image Mishmash forum are really talented with PS... I'm sure if you make a thread someone will be make you some artwork... they're there to help...

If you still can't find an artist I can try looking more, but I'm lazy right now it's so hot...[/QUOTE]

I'm probably gonna sign up and ask in a couple of minutes.

[quote name='Tromack']So besides SCIII and DOA 4 are there any fighting games of any note coming out?[/QUOTE]
There's two others besides SCIII that I'm highly anticipating, but they're anime-based, so those would depend on whether you're a fan or not.

He does it with Ken and Akuma. He's such a tool. I'm surprised he doesn't cheese like this nerd I just played. Only used Blanka and Ken.

[quote name='The VGM']He does it with Ken and Akuma. He's such a tool. I'm surprised he doesn't cheese like this nerd I just played. Only used Blanka and Ken.[/QUOTE]
Hey!

[quote name='evilmax17']Hey![/QUOTE]

What you cheese too? Well fuck you then. Wait til I get a controller or a stick and get to have all 6 buttons. I'm gonna sweep you to the pits of hell.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']So...who's picking up KoF 2002/2003 this week?

We need to compile a master list of gamertag's from this thread.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I could get on some KOF 2K2 action online. It might be a month before I get my X-Box now, but by then online choads will have gotten used to the lag and I'll have to play catch up.

VGM is always about to pop a vain, he's to stressed out, and worried about his little video game fighting reputation. One day he will learn the code for love, only then will he attain ultimate power over all opponents.

VGM: I lost once.. damn.. I beat you the next round though. I still beat you for the most part... I'd say around 90% of the time.

2pac: So? X-Ism owns.

[quote name='gigan54']it's getting it, but in japan only :cry:[/QUOTE]

fucking japan!!! theyre keeping their snk games and their colored ds' all for themselves! fuckEN JAPAN!!!!!!

[quote name='PhrostByte']VGM: I lost once.. damn.. I beat you the next round though. I still beat you for the most part... I'd say around 90% of the time.[/QUOTE]

You can just ignore VGM. He's the little, annoying, wanna-be kid that always spews shit outta his mouth even though you've 1Up'd him in whatever it is he's talking about.

oh shit atomic guy from king of the monsters is a secret character in NBC!!! finally an ultraman clone! the pic is here: http://www.cyberfanatix.com/ first pic in the second row.

also a reminder to participants that the tourney will commence tomorrow at 9:30 pm ET.

[quote name='gigan54']oh shit atomic guy from king of the monsters is a secret character in NBC!!! finally an ultraman clone! the pic is here: http://www.cyberfanatix.com/ first pic in the second row.[/QUOTE]
Best news I've heard all day! Is there a running tally of known characters anywhere?

ARGGGGGGGG!! I just found out that my school blocked the ports for anything outside the campus network. This means I can't play any MMORPGs, can't get an Xbox Live subscripition, or hell even hook up with you guys for some online MAME action.

fuck! Next year, I'm living off-campus.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']VGM is always about to pop a vain, he's to stressed out, and worried about his little video game fighting reputation. One day he will learn the code for love, only then will he attain ultimate power over all opponents.[/QUOTE]

Wow you're a dumbass.

lol Dima called 2poor 2pac.

Socheata, stop talking. No one cares about your opinion. Everyone here knows I talk shit, and everyone knows you're a bitch for putting me on your ignore list.

[quote name='The VGM']Wow you're a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

That's it, "you're a dumbass?" Come on, give it another shot, but this time more passion. By the way VGM what fighters are you looking forward to in the future, I asume this new Street Fighter everyone talking about.

I'm seriously contemplating purchasing an Atomiswave arcade board... It's relatively cheap compared to other arcade boards I've owned...(Sys 258 OUCH... $5000... lol)... so far the going rate for Neo Geo Battle Colosseum + Atomiswave is about $1000...

Now Atomiswave is a smart investment because 1) Neo Geo Battle Colosseum, 2) King of Fighters XI, 3) New Samurai Spirits, and the big one, 4) Street Fighter IV?!?!?

Can't wait...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']That's it, "you're a dumbass?" Come on, give it another shot, but this time more passion. By the way VGM what fighters are you looking forward to in the future, I asume this new Street Fighter everyone talking about.[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur 3, yes that new Capcom game everyone is talking about, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, Samurai Shodown 5 and KOF 94 Rebout (just a little bit)

[quote name='MarkMan']Guilty Gear for the DS, aka it's gonna be crap.[/QUOTE]

I've lost all respect for you. gtfo out of my topic.

[quote name='MarkMan']Guilty Gear for the DS, aka it's gonna be crap.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Dust Strikers=DS haha. Yeah, probably gonna suck.

And I'll ask again: would you say that the Hori Real Arcade Pro is the best out of the box stick available, or at least the best at it's price?

[quote name='evanft']Ah, Dust Strikers=DS haha. Yeah, probably gonna suck.

And I'll ask again: would you say that the Hori Real Arcade Pro is the best out of the box stick available, or at least the best at it's price?[/QUOTE]

2poor told you no

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

... ok, now that that's out of my system:

i started my first day on my campus (junior year) and had four classes... between my third and fourth classes I went to the main building to grab some food. To my luck I bumped into a group of guys (about 10 different guys) all playing fighters in the in-campus sports bar. Some SNK vs Capcom 2 action was going down. They were some very skilled guys there (way ahead of my league in terms of 2D fighters). I got my ass handed to me every time, which I liked (losing and winning seem to be pretty equal for me, since both ways have equal learning experiences). Ok... now for the reason for all the fuck s I noted above... I noticed the guy who had his PS2 plugged into the TV had a bunch of other fighters... 3D fighters. I asked about Tekken 5 if anone was willing to play me (or any 3D fighter for the matter). I talked to about 4 different guys and I got the same response "No man! 3D fighters suck! Why would I play 3D when I can play 2D! (So and so) is so damn cheap in that game (please note... 50% of the wins in the 2D games they were playing actually happened to be cheap/blocking wins... shamefull)!" I tryed conviceing the other guys, but they tried to totally ignore me... then it made sense (as well as other things, but I am genrealizing here, so don't take me seriously): Almost every single guy playing had a slicked back poneytail like dan... ala VGM... Every single person there reminded me of VGM, but in some ways worse. I know it's okay to be an ass sometimes, but when someone new comes to join their group (If they were more friendly I would have gladdly gotten together again with them) don'y be an ass... welcome anyone new... this really pissed me off... alot... Mainly because I know there are certain imature kids who play fighters as well as the fact that too many people have become narrowminded gamers (I am going to write an article about this on CAG... with this incident, this really bugged me). 2D, 3D, Dolphin Car Racing Shooting Basketball game... who cares! a game is a friggin game! Now you may say, I didn't want to play 2d fighters in order to play 3d... but they were playing the same game for 5 hours straight (non-competitive). whatever... *end of vent mode*

rodimus, PM me soon... I know my schedule for school know... so if you want to get together for some fights.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']So...who's picking up KoF 2002/2003 this week?

We need to compile a master list of gamertag's from this thread.[/QUOTE]

I might have to wait until next paycheck, but I should get it soon. When I do, I'll let you know.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm seriously contemplating purchasing an Atomiswave arcade board... It's relatively cheap compared to other arcade boards I've owned...(Sys 258 OUCH... $5000... lol)... so far the going rate for Neo Geo Battle Colosseum + Atomiswave is about $1000...

Now Atomiswave is a smart investment because 1) Neo Geo Battle Colosseum, 2) King of Fighters XI, 3) New Samurai Spirits, and the big one, 4) Street Fighter IV?!?!?

Can't wait...[/QUOTE]

Unless something has changed, I don't think they sell games apart from boards. Pretty sure you have to buy both

at least that was what I remember reading a few months ago

[quote name='The VGM']I've lost all respect for you. gtfo out of my topic.[/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I will walk with shame forever...

Being as DS version of GG is not even being worked on by the main GG team, you should know what to expect.

Think about how atrocious Tekken Advance was for GBA.

CaseyRyback: Yeah, that's how it is for NGBC... but suppliers in HK are willing to sell the cart only, I don't know how lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back