*DEAD* Circuit City mistake - 5 dollar games!! (YMMV)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']He said ET. Even though his clock is a little fast. It's about 1:25 now eastern time.

Yeah, I"m EST too--I just mistyped ;) His being twenty minutes in the future would be pretty handy though :p[/quote]

He should take a trip to the horse track

screwkick, what Charlotte store did you go to?

I just got back from the Charlotte store off 49 - the university store (my location says Raleigh, I know. Live in Raleigh, college in Charlotte).

I saw a guy with a ton of Xbox PH titles go to two different registers before putting his stash of games back on the shelf, so I thought it was a no go. I tried it anyway with 2 games and it worked out fine. Maybe the other guy just had too many. Got Ratchet and Clank: GC and Jak II. I wanted Sly Cooper and RC1, but I couldn't find them. Should've asked if they were supposed to be in stock.

I missed out, the CC by my job was ready. They had managers ringing people up at the regular registers. They did the manual price override. But the prices were in the system. Congrats to all you lucky bastards. :)
By the way if anybody can score me a "Suffering" and a "Everything or Nothing" for any console, I will make it worth it. Thanks

By the way the CC I went to is in Brooklyn on Atlantic Ave.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']He said ET. Even though his clock is a little fast. It's about 1:25 now eastern time.

Yeah, I"m EST too--I just mistyped ;) His being twenty minutes in the future would be pretty handy though :p[/quote]

:) actually it was 12:46 my clock was wrong...sorry :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I just got back from circuit city as of 1:46 ET.

You must be from the future, cause it's only 1:25 as of my posting ;)

Picked up eight games, cashier game me no trouble... I think the key is to wait for someone who obviously knows nothing about gaming to ring you up :)[/quote]

Hey wampa since you made out so wonderfully wanna try getting me my games huh huh huh do ya? :whistle2:D

[quote name='CokeCola']screwkick, what Charlotte store did you go to?

I just got back from the Charlotte store off 49 - the university store (my location says Raleigh, I know. Live in Raleigh, college in Charlotte).

I saw a guy with a ton of Xbox PH titles go to two different registers before putting his stash of games back on the shelf, so I thought it was a no go. I tried it anyway with 2 games and it worked out fine. Maybe the other guy just had too many. Got Ratchet and Clank: GC and Jak II. I wanted Sly Cooper and RC1, but I couldn't find them. Should've asked if they were supposed to be in stock.[/quote]

I went the South Blvd store near Pineville. There is a small sign in the game area that said "Limit 4 per customer." People in there were very nice, knew about the error, and rang the games up at $4.99 with no problem.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='wampa8jedi']He said ET. Even though his clock is a little fast. It's about 1:25 now eastern time.

He should take a trip to the horse track[/quote]

Shouldnt you say we all should go to the track and then he can post on here for all of us unfortunately stuck 20 mins in his past?

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='wampa8jedi']He said ET. Even though his clock is a little fast. It's about 1:25 now eastern time.

He should take a trip to the horse track[/quote]

Shouldnt you say we all should go to the track and then he can post on here for all of us unfortunately stuck 20 mins in his past?[/quote]

Ah of course suddenly I want to rewatch back to the future 2

Hey wampa since you made out so wonderfully wanna try getting me my games huh huh huh do ya?

lol, what two games would you want the most? I'm going to swing by there tomorrow, and in the off-chance this thing still works, I could probably pick up a pair for ya...

[quote name='civx']Isn't it illegal for the manager to change prices after they've been rung up simply because the games are "too cheap"?[/quote]

No. There would be a legal issue if they were marked or advertised at the low price and they tried to charge you more, but even then I think it varies state to state.

it worked for me just now too. picked up four games. i was shocked that it went through. definitely go to a register where the person doesn't know about gaming.

In Valley Forge PA picked up two test games. $5 each. Went back to get 8 more (not re-seling, nephew and buddy need Xmas presents) and no dice. In that short a period of time deal was off.

Was kind of clued in when I saw the sales rep walking back with two arm-loads of games.

Well here's my list.
Atari Anthology, Manhunt
Midway Arcade Treasures 1, Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 1, Ratchet and Clank 1.

I guess any of those two would be great. Probably AA and MAT1 I want the most, but the more the merrier! :whistle2:D thank you!

Now that I think about it, te CC by me actually had a shopping cart on the sales floor, filled with all the qualifying games. Made it easier for me to shop quickly and get outta there before they repriced them in the system. :wink:

Just stopped at Circuit City in Eastgate(Moorestown/ Mt. Laurel) during lunch.
I got NFS Underground & Midnight Club 2 for $10.58
My coworker got ESPN Football 2005 & Midway Arcade Treasures for $10.58.
My coworker was like "how do you find out about these deals?"
I said "I have my sources"! :wink:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well here's my list.
Atari Anthology, Manhunt
Midway Arcade Treasures 1, Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 1, Ratchet and Clank 1.

I guess any of those two would be great. Probably AA and MAT1 I want the most, but the more the merrier! :whistle2:D thank you![/quote]

Sorry, didn't score any of your requested games.

Phrost--I'll keep my eyes and wallet open tomorrow and see what I can do for you; I know for a fact they still had both of those in stock...

Oh crap I forgot btw. If you could... get the MAT1 with the new orange cover, it's the more common one so if they still have the game they should have the newer cover. If not, just try to pick up a different title! Once again, thank you and good luck :whistle2:D

The Circuit City at Valencia is a no go for those who care...I also received some very rude customer service from an employee, which is a shame becaue lots of nice folks work there.

I got four games yesterday before the CC closest to me figured it out and shut us down. However, went to the one close to my work this morning, and it worked like a charm. Got another 10 games (some for me, some for my friends who couldnt make the cross-city trip)

So, anyone in Albuquerque try the store on San Mateo next to I-40.

[quote name='ananag112']Is ICO a GH game?[/quote]

If you find ICO at CC it will be $4.99 already. It was part of the $5 clearance games so it stays that way in the system because they aren't getting anymore.

Glad to hear it is still going on. Does anyone think it will continue through till about 4-6 P.M. PST? Hopefully. Anyhow, have any sin city CAGs (ahem, Las Vegas) tried this out anywhere? Did it go?

Just went to the CC in Conshohocken and the deal was on...I started with just 2 games to test it, they rung up at $20 a piece, I was like well there is a 2 for $35 deal, then I said actually I think it was 2 for $10...He then hit some button for the package 1 and it rang up at $10 for both...I was like sweet, you mind if I go back and get a couple more, he was extremely cool about it...I went back and ended getting 24 more games...I looked directly for him, he came over to help me out, he was getting lots of looks from co-workers, they seemed to be clueless about it...So if you are in the area, I would try that location, as the Valley Forge one seems to be a no go...They're selection was decent, not a lot of sports titles, but I can't complain for the price I got em' at, that's 26 games for $130

I am down to trade with anybody, was looking for PRGR2, Rallisport 2, NHL 2k5, World Championship Poker, and MVP Baseball, but they didn't have them...I'll trade a Guilty Gear for them, email me and let me know if you're interested

Also if I can, anyone in my Fresno, CA area I'm working at 4PM tonight. If my manager doesn't say anything I'll ring you guys up for $4.99 at CC.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='ananag112']Is ICO a GH game?[/quote]

If you find ICO at CC it will be $4.99 already. It was part of the $5 clearance games so it stays that way in the system because they aren't getting anymore.[/quote]

I was just going to say that. That's where I got mine.

[quote name='rly723']anyone go to CC stores in the bay area? either san francisco, San Mateo, or Daly city stores? thanks[/quote]

I went to the one in San Jose yesterday and it worked fine

anyone 714 (OC) wanna sell me their new unopened Mario Sunshine? I'll even toss in a DVD "copy" of House of Flying Daggers. :D

*also have super monkey ball and sonic adventure 2: battle for trade

Just got back from the store in Buena Park, CA...and it was a no go there. They rang up for $4.99, but they manually changed it.

I went to my local CC and the cashier was promoting it to me saying that all 19.99 game will ring up for $5. So, I was ok, and I took a few games to the register and when he done ringing and going to hit total, they call out his name over the intercom and have him dial some number. When he begings to dial, a manager come running out the office and puts him to the side and tells him that they have to manually input the prices. :x . So then he tells me that he is sorry about that, I was o'well, I came here just to get the spiderman 2 dvd for a gift, but I gave it a chance.

If any can be kind enough to get me a mario golf, Zelda windwalker, and midway treasures 2 I would really appreciated. Thank you.

Over the last 2 days I picked up:

Project Gotham Racing
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Animal Crossing
Ace Combat 4
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank Going commando
F-Zero GX
The Getaway
Brute Force
Castlevania: Lament of innocece
Simpsons Road Rage
Jak II

and my room mate picked up Nba street 2 and ghost recon and a few others. this was such a sick deal.

I work at CircuitCity in the videogames department. The "deal" was in fact true (someone who visits this forum came into my work and told me.) It covered ALL games for $19.99, not just PH or GH games. ANY GAME for $19.99 had the glitch. The problem was with the DPS system, so only the store managers can override it and price adjust to $15. I bought about 25 games (some for friends) for $5 each, but my manager told me to quit after about the 10th customer. I'm sure corporate HQ knows about this now, and they have most likely fixed the input into the system. I know I haven't posted here much, but that is what happened. You see, the deal was SUPPOSED to be all GH and PH games were 2/$30, but someone messed up at corporate and made it 2/$10, and thus they were $5 each.

Went to the CC in Towson MD...

Worked fine for me there - they had no idea what was going on with this. I realized after I left the store the cashier didn't ring up the right # of games (I had 10, she rang up 9) but they all came up $4.99 anyways.

Picked up:

Xbox -

Project Gotham Racing 2
Soul Caliber 2
LOTR Return of the King
ESPN NBA 2K5

PS2-

SOCOM 2
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
Castlevania Lament of the Innocent
Viewtiful Joe

GC-

Luigi's Mansion
Ikaruga

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='sn0b0ards']I was in the Troy/Madison Heights Michigan Store[/quote]

When, and did it work? You posted this twice....why?[/quote]

Accidental repost, I was away from the computer and refreshed. Uhm yea it worked, and it was an hour ago.

[quote name='wjhard63']Anyone in the Cincinnati Ohio/Northern Kentucky area try this deal out today? Thank you.[/quote]

I got everything that I stated earlier from the Fields Ertel store. Some of my friends are saying they are limiting it to 4 titles per customer at that store now though. Still not a bad deal.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Just to tell my little story. I got screwed by a EBAYwhore (fu***ng old 80 year old bitch, even knew what games would sell well and what was new) who had almost 100 games in her cart. I come up with my four games that i wanted (i previously checked to see if it had worked at a satalite counter, but due to some stupid fuc***g xmas crap they cant use the satalite counters for purchases. All games came up as the right price, no notes or anything) so i come up to this very nice older clerk and everythign was going fine till she noticed that something was flashing at the bottom of the screen. And that was the end of it for me basically. It was a notice sent to all terminals saying that the price needed to be fixed manualy. Note: she already got all four games rung up and i could have been on my way. Hell she told me the total too and just as i hand over some money she pull this s!it on me?!?!?!?! none the less i demanded to talk to a manager and i recorded my conversation with the manager and after telling him of the women ahead of me, he said no go, sorry blah blah. BUT THE LADY already told me the fucking price. Quick to fix that she delted the transaction before the manager got to her terminal. I even asked people behind me in line if they heard her say what the price was.

F****NG FAT WALLET EBAY WHORES I hate you all.

[quote name='plastikpyro']anyone 714 (OC) wanna sell me their new unopened Mario Sunshine? I'll even toss in a DVD "copy" of House of Flying Daggers. :D

*also have super monkey ball and sonic adventure 2: battle for trade[/quote]

With all the stuff you're trading in, including shipping, you might as well buy Mario Sunshine fro $15 at Best Buy.

He is correct, I just got a call from my friend who works at CC and he told me about the glitch. He said his manager stopped them from selling them, but that I should try other stores. The real deal is on the CC website, but this is a glitch in the system.

bread's done
Back