*DEAD* X Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt - Official Xbox 360 contest with daily prizes

the clue hints that the news article you are looking for should be dated 11/19. I've been looking for Xs in there on microsoft related subjects.

168 is going to be like that one video which was supposed to have an X in it and it was not even on the site till later...

oh yeah and i don't know how many of you do this but i think its easier when you do CTRL+F and enter "x" it will highlight every x on the page, I find it very helpful

[quote name='xGLOBAL THREATx']can't be that hard[/QUOTE]

You have the power Global threat!:lol: . Do it like the last time when you were #1 on the leaderboards for 7 hours.

[quote name='opterasis']168 explosive[/quote]
Out of curiosity where was it at? Oh and BTW Thanks!
EDIT: NVM...saw link above...what BS, that was not 11/19

61. box
62. explore
63. sexiest
64. luxurious
65. express
66. excel
67. x
68. e
xplosive
69. Me
xico
70. complexity

how hard is it for someone in charge of this promotion to check the involved sites and make sure the night's answers are actually online? i'd'a thought after the mountain dew flub that someone would learn. guess not!

honestly think they dont care

[quote name='peril']how hard is it for someone in charge of this promotion to check the involved sites and make sure the night's answers are actually online? i'd'a thought after the mountain dew flub that someone would learn. guess not![/quote]

I can't find 169. I know it's Mexico, but I can't locate it. None of the WCG pages have it on there.

Edit:Closest I can guess is Grand Finals day one where she talks about the hot dog weiner, but Mexico isn't marked on there. Pretty obscure though.

serious question.

I have done this every day and every time i answer all of the questions it throws me right back to the same spot as the day before 126 out of 38682 for example.

Been there 2 days now in spot 126.

I know there is no real reason for the rank other then to make you actually try, but I was just curious if anyone else has seen that.

Also anyone from this forums win anything yet?

>.< still hoping i win something.....

[quote name='Logante']serious question.

I have done this every day and every time i answer all of the questions it throws me right back to the same spot as the day before 126 out of 38682 for example.

Been there 2 days now in spot 126.

I know there is no real reason for the rank other then to make you actually try, but I was just curious if anyone else has seen that.

Also anyone from this forums win anything yet?

>.< still hoping i win something.....[/quote]

The ranking system is determined by who gets the X's first. So if you're entering the X's at the same time of day every day, you're probably going to be around the same rank. Try entering them right when they are released around midnight.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']The ranking system is determined by who gets the X's first. So if you're entering the X's at the same time of day every day, you're probably going to be around the same rank. Try entering them right when they are released around midnight.[/quote]

In my experiences that doesn't seem entirely true, I've entered the X's right after they are released and had a rank as high as 12, but a few hours later had 39.

so are winners being picked now? or are they planning to wait till the entire 360 clues (36 days) are over, before picking winners?

Read the rules, but couldnt locate a spot that mentioned when notices would go out for winners

[quote name='mguiddy']In my experiences that doesn't seem entirely true, I've entered the X's right after they are released and had a rank as high as 12, but a few hours later had 39.[/quote]
It seems to be the general trend at least, although this morning I was 190, now I'm 451...

[quote name='reicaden']so are winners being picked now? or are they planning to wait till the entire 360 clues (36 days) are over, before picking winners?

Read the rules, but couldnt locate a spot that mentioned when notices would go out for winners[/quote]

[quote name='X Marks the Spot Rules']6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.THE WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA U.S. MAIL WITHIN TWO (2) WEEKS OF PRIZE DRAWING. THE WINNERS (OR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF WINNER IS NOT AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE AND RETURN AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY AND WHERE LEGAL, PUBLICITY RELEASE WITHIN 14 DAYS FOLLOWING THE DATE OF ISSUANCE OF NOTIFICATION. NON-COMPLIANCE WITHIN THIS TIME PERIOD OR RETURN OF ANY PRIZE/PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE WINNER. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE CONSTITUTES PERMISSION FOR MICROSOFT CORPORATION TO USE WINNER’S NAME AND LIKENESS FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DISCLOSING THE WINNER’S FIRST INITIAL, LAST NAME, AND HOMETOWN IN ANY REQUESTED WINNERS LIST. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS INCLUDING MARDEN-KANE, INC. FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE WON.[/quote]

[quote name='j14rk1n']188. existing?

It doesn't like this answer right now for some reason.[/quote]

yeah, i'm thinking another screwup here. a green x, right on the zune 30gb page, and it's wrong? don't think so. and of course, all the leaderboard is one answer short again. damn you, promotion administrators!

[quote name='j14rk1n']188. existing?

It doesn't like this answer right now for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, saw that too, found a word on there that does work though.

188. experience

bread's done
Back