Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm fairly certain it could take more than an hour, many CAGs had some nice things to say about Eddie. It is good that the Kerwin White gimmick is toast though. Where does this put Nick Nemeth though? And will Chavo move to SD? I think he should.

[quote name='mykevermin']For some reason, I don't see Jesse Ventura as a pro-union guy; then again, I'm not from MN, so I don't know much about him politically (although he looks a lot like G Gordon Liddy ;)).

Did he try to start a wrestler's union in the past?[/QUOTE]

He's mentioned a need for it several times. This was at least 5 years ago, maybe more. I'm not sure how much he's actively done to actually get one started. The biggest hurdle is that the wrestlers would basically be blacklisted by Vince. W/TNA up-and-coming, who knows, maybe in the next year or two something might actually happen.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who the fuck cares about Nick Nemeth? He'd be dropped before easter anyway.[/QUOTE]

The answer to your question is surely Guyver

So I received my Wrestlemania Anthology today. I was thinking that I would watch WMXVI - WM20 first since, like I have mentioned before, I took a 4 year break from wrestling during that time. The thing is I really want to watch all the matches from the 80's that I fondly remember.

I know it doesn't really matter when it all comes down to it but still...:whistle2:k

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']So I received my Wrestlemania Anthology today. I was thinking that I would watch WMVI - WM20 first since, like I have mentioned before, I took a 4 year break from wrestling during that time. The thing is I really want to watch all the matches from the 80's that I fondly remember.

I know it doesn't really matter when it all comes down to it but still...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You mean WrestleMania XVI (16) - WM20, right? Otherwise, that's a very long break that you took. :lol:

If I decide to keep mine, I'm just going to start with some classic 80s matches.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You mean WrestleMania XVI (16) - WM20, right? Otherwise, that's a very long break that you took. :lol:

If I decide to keep mine, I'm just going to start with some classic 80s matches.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I made a typo. :lol:

I did write 4 year break though. ;)

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yea, I made a typo. :lol:

I did write 4 year break though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured it was 16-20 because you have wrote "4 year break." However, some oddballs out there have a different concept of time. Anyway...

You're in for a major treat, then. WrestleMania X-Seven is widely considered one of the best WrestleManias of all time. I don't know about that, personally, but I'll tell you that it was so good that I didn't skip through any segments.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']
You're in for a major treat, then. WrestleMania X-Seven is widely considered one of the best WrestleManias of all time. I don't know about that, personally, but I'll tell you that it was so good that I didn't skip through any segments.[/QUOTE]

Cool, maybe I'll start with that one and then go back to the 80's stuff. Probably work my way through that way.

I watched XI today, widely regarded as one of the worst WM of all time (possibly tied with WMIX, since Hogan won the fucking belt at the end!). Those two were pretty bad, although it's nice to see Razor Ramon again.

I still have 9 more to watch, but it seems that the theme dubbing has dried up after WMVIII, which is certainly good news. We'll see about the rest of them.

Time for Saucy Jack's rasslin' news. Brought to you by... Cheesy Poofs! I love Cheesy Poofs, you love Cheesy Poofs. If we didn't eat Cheesy Poofs, we'd be lame!

In this edition... a recap of Bret on Byte This!... A former wrestling superstar dealing with hard times... and more media coverage on Eddie's death.

Percy Pringle on Eddie's death: http://percysposts.blogspot.com/.

Arn Anderson on Eddie's death: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/arneddie.

A new CoachCast has been added where The Coach also reflects on Eddie Guerrero.

With the passing of Eddie Guerrero this past weekend, the lifestyle of WWE wrestlers have no doubt been put under the microscope a little more lately than ever before and has caused many to question how the company can allow a situation like this to operate and be deemed acceptable. With these questions come some answers that many people may not want to hear. It has been heavily documented in the past that WWE doesn't have doctors on staff with the power to order a wrestler off the road if they are becoming over stressed with the road schedule they are on, thus playing a role with their health in turn. The problem many have with this statement is that the fear within WWE is that those who take time off will in turn be de-pushed and lose the spot they helped build for many months, or even years for some. In Eddie Guerrero's case, some have argued that if expensive, elaborate tests were put into place that could help determine an individuals stress level, then it could help establish a ruling of giving a wrestler a month or two off to rest up and keep themselves healthy, possibly saving a career or even a life in the process. According to recent reports, there is said to be a top wrestler in WWE today who many consider to be on the "unofficial death watch" whose death, due to his credentials, would make news coverage of Guerrero's death this past week look very minor in comparison. It is said to be no secret to those in WWE about this current top wrestler's situation and if it isn't something that has been made aware to Vince McMahon by now, many are lobbying to the higher-ups that the current system needs to be changed and changed fast. Says one WWE source, "It's one thing to show how much you care about a colleague by crying on the air after he dies. It's another to care enough about someone to do what it takes while he's alive to keep him from dying - even at the expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions, and being deemed pushy, nosy, or a nark." Following the passing of Guerrero this week, former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin issued a statement on his official website speaking of this situation and some of the things he was around while he was with the company. "I can remember hearing a conversation from some unnamed WWE head guys talking about how this certain person needs to go to rehab but they couldn't send him because he was too important to the show," said Martin. "That's the reality people. That is how we are treated. Look at me. I break my neck in the ring and had to have two discs taken out of my neck and a steel plate put in and was told at the time by Johnny Ace when I asked if my job would be in jeopardy, 'We don't fire people with injuries like that.' Hmm, that's funny, because two months after surgery I got fired because I wasn't working." Either way, the current system within WWE has come to the forefront and it remains to be seen if any changes will take place.

Lash LeRoux on Eddie Guerrero: "Any attempt to eulogize Eddie Guerrero in a manner that will do him justice is impossible. It simply can't be done. Many of his wrestling brothers who love him will try, but we will fail miserably. How can you sum up the fire and passion behind Eddie's eyes in just a few feeble words? However, anyone who knew him well cannot help but try. Eddie had that effect on you. It would be extremely conceited for me to claim that Eddie and I shared an intimate friendship, or that he regarded me as highly as I loved and respected him. Any such pretense on my part would do a disservice to the bond Eddie shared with his most cherished friends like Chris Benoit, Dean Melenko and Chavo Guerrero. Any yet, if you shared any personal time with Eddie, he made you feel like you were the most important person in the world to him at that moment. He gave his sincere undivided attention to you as a person, and as a result you felt genuinely loved. Eddie cared about other people's problems as much as he cared about his own. That is why so many in the wrestling community feel an emptiness in their heart without Eddie around. Warriors can be replaced on the battlefield. Many superstars will step up their game and try to fill the entertainment void left by Eddie. Some will succeed in helping us cope with our loss, and the wrestling world will go on. However, the void that can't be filled is that left by Eddie Guerrero the man. He was more than a colleague. To many of us, he was a teacher, a mentor, a brother and a friend. This leaves a hole in my heart no one can fill. I can only hope to aspire to be half the man Eddie Guerrero was."

Scott Hudson on Eddie Guerrero: During the entire run of WCW when he, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Jr., and the others brought a redefinition of wrestling to the masses, Eddie, singularly, stood out as a humble, respectful man. I have vivid memories of Eddie walking up on those Monday afternoons and sincerely thanking us for putting him over in the commentary; recognizing a subtle furtherance of a storyline he had worked into his match; spotlighting an intricate new spot that he and his opponent had worked on for an hour. He understood that every aspect of wrestling (the wrestlers, the announcers, the referee, the camera operators, the director, etc.) was integral to a successful product and would help to, to coin a phrase, "put asses in seats." He never once took the star trip (even though he deserved to). His ego did not register with anyone (even though no one would have begrudged him that). He was always smiling (even though we knew what he was smiling through.) And most of all he loved the sport and those who loved it with him (even though sometimes it didn't love him back.) In many ways wrestling does not need anymore Eddie Guerrero's. You know the ways I'm referring to. But in many, many more ways, wrestling cannot have enough Eddie Guerrero's. From his mid-70's elementary school-age brawls with Chavo, Jr. to his current run at the top of the WWE, he never once left it backstage. He always left it in the ring each night. I didn't cry when my parents died. I cried watching Chris Benoit talk about his best friend. Hard. Good-bye, my friend. I'm glad you found your peace. Scott Hudson

Recap of Bret Hart on WWE.com's Byte This
Hosted by: Todd Grisham
Date: November 16, 2005
Recap by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com

Todd Grisham welcomes Bret Hart to the show.

Grisham brings up Eddie Guerrero's passing. Bret calls it a real shame. He said Eddie was a special one kind of a guy. Bret said he lived up to what everyone said about him. He said he was a warm, kind, human being and that it was a shame he passed away.

Bret on his new DVD release:

Bret said judged on the people he has shown it to, they have been happy with it. Called it a first rate production. Bret was happy with the production people that worked with him.

Said the DVD was talked about for a long time. Bret said the concept was first a video years ago with Vince McMahon. Said he heard about the original DVD and he called Vince to take it in a different direction. Bret said they were able to focus more on the positive instead of the negative. Said he always wanted to be remembered for what he contributed to the WWE and Vince agreed as well. Bret said he always wanted to give back to the fans.

On his relationship with Vince McMahon:

Bret said there were always going to be some concerns. He said they have a good dialogue between each other and that Vince bent over backwards to see that things were right with the DVD.

How his health is right now:

Bret said his health is good, but he won't ever get back in the ring again. Said he didn't leave on the terms he wanted to with the concussion. Bret said he was as proud of his first match as he was with his last match. Glad the fans didn't get to see him hanging on too long as other older wrestlers do.

What it was like for him to watch his first ever pro wrestling match that is featured on the new WWE DVD:

Bret said it was important to him that the DVD didn't just include his WWE and WCW footage. Said he had a great career working for his father and it is a shame they couldn't pick up other overseas footage in Japan or Germany. Bret said his days in Stampede Wrestling were as good as his days on top in WWE. He said when people watch the footage of his early days in Stampede, he was only wrestling for about three months. Bret said it was a very physical style they worked in Stampede. He said he loves to see how fans get into that old footage that they might not have seen before.

How he got into pro wrestling:

Bret said he was never forced into wrestling, but more coaxed into amatuer wrestling. He said he would have rather played football or hockey instead. Bret said his father wanted all of his sons to at least take a shot at wrestling.

On getting to go overseas to promote the DVD:

He said if he goes to Germany, it would be special since he had an amazing fan following there. Bret said he always had a strong following in the U.K. and noted that his match with British Bulldog was his favorite.

The Hart Foundation and teaming with Jim Neidhart:

He said he defined himself when he teamed with Jim Neidhart as the Hart Foundation tag team. Bret said they are still very close friends. He brought up that Jim go to see the DVD and was impressed with it. Bret noted that he wanted Jim to play a strong role in the DVD. He said there might not have been a Bret Hart without Jim Neidhart. Bret said it took him a while to find his footing as a guy on the mic and noted that Jim helped.

If he still watches WWE & who he likes:

Said he is a fan of Kurt Angle and a throwback to the kind of wrestling he likes. Bret said he would have loved to have wrestled with Eddie Guerrero. He mentioned Chris Benoit and that you could have woken him up at 4 in the morning to wrestle him at anytime. Bret said he is a big fan of Rey Mysterio's work in the ring. He adds guys like Batista and jokes that they would all look good in the Sharpshooter.

On being around wrestling as a young kid:

Said he watched and studied wrestling since the age of 5 until he laced up his boots. Pat O'Connor, Harley Race, Bruno Sammartino and others were mentioned. He said he had a great opportunity and joked that if he worked as hard on his math as he did at studying wrestling than he might have had a different profession.

** They air a classic promo where Bret gives his famous sunglasses to a young kid. Clips from the DVD were shown of people commenting on his career such as Chris Benoit. The clips highlight his relationship with his fans. **

When he started wearing his famous sunglasses:

Bret said he gave his last pair away. Started wearing them in some interviews. Noted that the more interviews you were given, the more up the ladder you got. Bret said he was never a good interviewer and had to learn how to relax. He said when they asked him to do the interview, he did it and when they played it back they noticed his eyes darting back and forth. When they asked him to do it again, he said "one second" and came back with some sunglasses. Bret said he was terrified, but you couldn't tell when he wore the sunglasses. He said down the line he slowly got his confidence back and let himself go with interviews. Todd Grisham brings up a story about how Batista locked up when he was interviewed for the first time by a TV crew. Bret said he would always pick a great wrestler over a good interview.

Caller asks what he has been doing since he left wrestling and if he would ever return to Pittsburgh, PA:

Bret said he doesn't know, but would like to return to Pittsburgh. He said he always liked Pittsburgh and that it had a lot of similarities to Canada. Bret said he is mostly living his life up in Canada and doing some traveling. Said he tries not to be a slave to hotels anymore.

Another caller asks if he would like to be a manager in WWE for any younger guys coming up:

Bret said he thinks about it, but that he always wanted to be remembered as a great wrestler and not a referee or manager. He said he could probably find a way to make himself useful in wrestling, but feels he has done enough. Bret said he was famous for being a great wrestler and wants to be known for that.

Todd Grisham asks Bret if he watches any guys on WWE TV today and screams at the TV that they are doing something wrong:

Bret said he would like to teach some guys how to put on the Sharpshooter.

Another caller asks if he could have a match with anybody right now, who would it be?

Bret said he would like to have one last match with Kurt Angle, but doesn't see himself ever returning to the ring ever. He said he would like to work with some of the young guys like John Cena and Batista. Bret said he was good at wrestling guys bigger or smaller than him, but was more comfortable with guys at the same size as him like Curt Hennig or British Bulldog.

Todd Grisham asks if anyone can do the Sharpshooter right?

Bret said guys like Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle can do it, but the other guys he sees can't do it right.

How he got the "excellence of execution" nickname:

Gorilla Monsoon.

On where he got "the best there is, was and ever will be" line from:

Bret said he got it from the movie The Natural (1984 film starring Robert Redford) and was more of a filler to use for his mic time. He noted they used it early on in the Hart Foundation. He said some guys fish for something to close a promo with and that was it for him.

His WrestleMania 13 match with Steve Austin:

He said more people come up to him in the last 10 years to tell him that was there favorite match. Bret said it was a classic confrontation between a good guy and bad guy. He said they worked hard together to make their storyline credible.

Word Association:

The Dungeon: Torture chamer.

The British Bulldog: Miss him.

Steve Austin: Great adversary.

Ribbing: Owen.

The Road: Suitcases.

Other people using the Sharpshooter: Not the excellence of execution.

Eric Bischoff: Sweethart, good guy.

Hart Foundation: Greatest tag team there ever was.

Bruno Sammartino: First class champion.

Stu Hart: Stretcher.

"Superstar" Billy Graham: One of a kind.

Dirtsheets: Legitimate history.

WrestleMania: SuperBowl.

The Hitman term: Bret Hart I guess.

Hart Family: Still standing.

Kurt Angle: Best there is. Not yet the best there is, was and ever will be.

Another caller asks if Bret would be willing to do a farewell speech on WWE TV:

Bret said he doesn't know, it is a thought. Bret said it would be very emotional for him to take that kind of step. He said when he had his stroke, it affected him in the sense that he thinks it might be quite overwhelming to walk out in front of a huge wrestling crowd and take a few minutes to say what he would like to say. Bret said he isn't sure if it will ever happen and that it gives him mixed emotions when he thinks about doing it.

If he misses the spotlight:

Bret said he misses the cities, fans and performers. He said he doesn't miss the spotlight. Bret said he doesn't look back on his career as unfinished. He said he pretty much accomplished everything there was to accomplish. Bret said he liked that he left with his head up in a sense and that he gave his all in his first match. He said he didn't have many bad matches and didn't "hang on" too long. Bret said he was still wrestling good when he wrestled Goldberg. He said it was funny how he left both the WWE and WCW as World Champion and never got the chance to drop the title or pass the torch to somebody. Bret said he always found himself in a difficult situation.

On the famous kick from Bill Goldberg in WCW:

He said sometimes when you watch the footage, it looks like he hit the top of his head. Bret said in reality he hit the back of his head and up. Said it was such a powerful quick that he compared it to a horse kicking someone in a barn. He said it is a shame because if you see the footage, he almost gets his hand up to block it, but missed it. Bret said unfortunately it was just one of those things that happened and wished he could go back and do it again sometimes. He said he learned a lot about concussions after that and how severe they can be. Bret said he is living proof of what they can do to your emotions, memory and headaches. Said it was the worst injury he ever had to deal with.

Who is best opponent ever was:

Bret said he had a lot of great opponents and wished he could have wrestled Steve Austin a few more times. He added the same for The Undertaker, noting he enjoyed every match he had with 'Taker. Bret said the name that comes off the top of his head was Curt Hennig. He said Curt was great at taking care of you in the ring. Bret said a lot of things can happen in a wrestling ring and that things don't always go the way they are suppose to. He said Curt was the kind of guy who could catch you if you dove off the top rope and you knew he would protect you.

In closing, Bret said he would never be anything without the fans. He said he hopes they like the DVD and that he is proud of it. Bret said the whole DVD was a tribute to them. Todd Grisham reads down some upcoming Bret Hart appearances in Wayne, NJ, Cambridge, MA and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Bret said his recent appearances have been great and that many fans have expressed to them how much his career meant to him. (WrestleView.com)

The following is a story from The St. Petersburg Times.

Bam Bam Bigelow skidded off the motorcycle and onto the hard wet asphalt on State Road 50 one Sunday in early October on the west side of Hernando County.

The woman who had been on the back of his bike hit the pavement with a sound one witness said was like an open palm slapping the surface of water. Then she flopped around like a rolled-up rug.

Bam Bam landed about 50 feet up the road. The former professional wrestler with the tattooed scalp and the name no one can forget was covered in blood, but he managed to get up. He held his scraped-up arms straight out from his sides. He lurched back toward the woman, who was moaning.

He looked like a monster, the witness said later.

"Oh, baby," Bam Bam was saying. "I'm so sorry."

He collapsed almost on top of the woman. His body was touching hers. His head was by her head.

The man who used to wrestle people to the ground and jump on them and pick them up and throw them was powerless. For almost all athletes, there is the inevitability of a life after people stop cheering. For Bam Bam Bigelow, the story includes addiction to painkillers, time in rehab, calls from creditors, a costly divorce, three kids he hasn't seen in more than a year and child support not paid.

And a new love.

The woman on the bike was Janis Remiesiewicz, who's 41, has a house in Port Richey and has been dating Bam Bam for a year.

The name state troopers got off Bam Bam's license was Scott C. Bigelow, 44, with an address in New Jersey.

But the last address for Bigelow in public records was in Lake Ariel, Pa., and that ended this past April. It was on a road called the Hideout.

Men who weigh more than 300 pounds, have tattooed heads and answer to Bam Bam do not just disappear.

Unless they want to.

On Oct. 2, though, Bam Bam Bigelow was taken to Spring Hill's Oak Hill Hospital. Janis was flown to Tampa General and listed in critical condition.

Meanwhile, the woman who lives in Bam Bam's old house in Allenhurst, N.J., has to deal with the guys who keep looking for the previous owner.

"They pull up in front of the house and they stare at the house," Josephine Schror said over the phone. "Then they knock on the door and ask for Scott, and I tell them he doesn't live here no more. And they ask me if I know where he is and then they sit in the car and write s--- down and then they drive off."

She says this happens all the time.

The e-mails started coming almost immediately after the story about the crash ran in the St. Petersburg Times.

Wrestling fans wanted to know two things:

How is Bam Bam doing?

And where has he been?

Bam Bam Bigelow was huge. The 6-4 tough guy from small, rough Asbury Park, N.J., wrestled as heavy as 425 pounds. But he was agile enough to jump off the tops of the ropes and down onto his opponents in the ring.

His trademark move was a pile driver he called "Greetings from Asbury Park."

"It just blows a guy's head right off his shoulders," he once told the Seattle Times.

Bigelow played the role of the "heel" in his heyday. That means he was the bad guy in the staged matches. But he was a star.

He made his debut in the World Wrestling Federation in 1987 and won titles in Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling. He wrestled with Hulk Hogan and Diamond Dallas Page and against Andre the Giant. He was in the headliner match at 1995's WrestleMania in front of more than 16,000 people.

He was even in a couple of B movies and did a commercial for Slim Jim.

But his wrestling career did not come to an easy end.

WCW folded in 2001. He didn't go to WWE. There was no ECW anymore.

Bam Bam had back problems. He had surgery. He went on a radio show in early 2002, according to 1wrestling.com, and said his career was not over and that this was "just the beginning."

According to www.obsessedwithwrestling.com and other pro wrestling Web sites, Bam Bam retired in November 2002 and unretired a month after that, only to lose to someone named Abdullah the Butcher, then quit for good in 2004 - ending a slow, reluctant fade from fame.

"It's kind of like Hollywood," said Ron Jordan, who writes a syndicated wrestling column from Fort Worth, Texas. "Only so many people can be on top at one time. Most of these guys, when they slip from the big leagues, like the WCW or the WWF or the new WWE, they just kind of slip into obscurity. Then they show up in some small arena or at a YMCA or something."

Bam Bam opened a deli in Hamlin, Pa., where he sold a 2-pound hamburger. That didn't last.

Anthony DeBlasi, who writes for Wrestling-News.com, said in an e-mail that Bam Bam contacted him early in 2004 asking for help selling a wrestling ring and some of his other mementos on eBay.

Frank Goodman, Bam Bam's agent, also got a call: "Scott said, "Listen, I need to make money again.' "

Bam Bam wrestled in small shows on New York's Long Island in the early and middle parts of 2004. Then he started missing shows, according to Goodman. The last time he wrestled was Nov. 19, 2004.

And then he disappeared.

"Nobody could find him," said Dave Meltzer, editor of Wrestling Observer.

One of his best friends in wrestling died in April. Bam Bam didn't show up at the funeral.

A wrestling fan spotted him in Tampa over the summer, took a picture and posted it on the Web.

"That's the only way we knew he was alive," Goodman said.

Then Bam Bam Bigelow left Hernando County's Bayport Inn with his girlfriend on the back of his brother's 1998 black-and-chrome Harley Davidson and headed toward SR 50.

He stopped at the intersection of U.S. 19. The light turned green and he sped off, then stopped again at Deltona Boulevard. Both times, according to a witness, Debby Tessier of Brooksville, he almost tipped over.

Tessier had her cell phone out and was dialing 911 before the bike even went down.

It happened about 4:30 p.m., according to the report from the Florida Highway Patrol, when Bam Bam tried to change from the outside lane to the inside. Bam Bam and Janis weren't wearing helmets. No other vehicles were involved.

The Harley hit the ground.

Eventually they did too.

Janis came to a stop on her stomach with her arms by her sides. She was wearing a tank top and denim short shorts.

"The skin on her face was just chewed up," Tessier said. "Her noise and mouth were just pouring blood. . . . "We thought she was dead."

The FHP is waiting for the results of Bam Bam's blood test to come back from the toxicology lab in Tallahassee.

"We are well aware of what the factors were that led to this crash," FHP spokesman Larry Coggins said.

The FHP has up to a year to file charges against Scott C. Bigelow. "Charges are forthcoming," Coggins said. "Absolutely."

The accident threw Bam Bam back into the public eye. Any attempt at anonymity was over.

Calls started to come along with the e-mails.

Bam Bam's ex-wife, Dana Fisher, returned a call from the St. Petersburg Times a few days after the accident. She and Bigelow divorced five years ago, and their oldest child is now 17.

"I always figured it would come back on him sooner or later and that he'd have to answer questions and be accountable," she said.

Court records in New Jersey show a charge of endangering the welfare of a child in May 2004. He was accused of driving recklessly with one of his children in the car, but he said it was because of a seizure. The charge was dismissed two months later.

There is a possession of marijuana charge from August 2004. Guilty.

In the last few years, he has been sued by Jersey Shore Anesthesia, Jersey Shore University Medical Center and the state's Department of Motor Vehicles. The judgment amounts range from $2,700 to $19,440. The cases are open.

Fisher has sued him three times this year for nonpayment of child support.

Bam Bam owes $8,909.

"He did pay something this year, but he's not paying like he should," said Monmouth County probation officer Charlotte Shaw. "If he was here, I'd do a bench warrant."

Goodman, Bam Bam's agent, talked last month about how his client still could make $800 to $1,000 a night.

"He is money in the bank," Goodman said. "He is a wrestling legend. Other than Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan, he is the best 300-pound-plus wrestler to ever step in a wrestling ring. I've got to tell you something: I have a show next month, and I would put Bam Bam Bigelow in that show for $1,000 without even giving it a thought.

"Because he's Bam Bam Bigelow."

Bam Bam has had it with Bam Bam. He just wants to be Scott.

Those records up in Jersey aren't the only reason he wanted to disappear.

He didn't want to talk at first. He didn't want to talk when he was in the hospital. He didn't want to talk when he got home.

On a recent Sunday, though, he was sitting on a couch in Janis' house in Port Richey. A black Nike ball cap covered the tattoos on the top of his scalp.

"I don't know if it's hiding or disappointment or what," he said. "But being Bam Bam Bigelow is a pain in the a--.

"You did this the first half of your life and now this is the second half and now you're bruised and battered. So what the hell can you do? What can you do?"

Scott C. Bigelow has no real permanent address. He sometimes stays with his brother, Todd, who's one year older, at his home in Spring Hill, but most of the time he's in Port Richey. "He goes back and forth," Todd Bigelow said.

In his best years, according to him and his agent, he was making anywhere from $750,000 to $1.2-million. He lost everything, he says, in his divorce: cars, trucks, motorcycles, his house. Now he lives on Social Security disability.

Creditors call.

The child support isn't going away.

Medical bills are coming.

"You can't pay what you can't afford," he said.

When he talks about Janis - "a bright spot in my life" - Bam Bam's lower lip turns soft.

"Both of us should've been dead from this accident," he said.

"Not should've been," Janis said. "Could've been."

"I had a few beers that day," he said. "But it wasn't nothing exceeding what people go overboard with. Who knows? It's all a blur. It doesn't matter. It happened."

Bam Bam broke his nose and got a deep cut on his forehead and still has a gash in his leg and scabs on his elbows and knees. Janis has a broken foot and a nasty scar around her right eye.

He creaks. He gets up slowly.

He says he was addicted to OxyContin for most of his career in wrestling but that he is now clean. He says he came down here because the warm weather makes his aches and pains feel a little less sharp. He says he wanted to get away.

Most of his friends are dead.

Ted "Flyboy Rocco Rock" Petty died of a heart attack in 2002. Jerry "the Wall" Tuite died of a drug overdose in 2003. Chris Candido died in spring of a blood clot after he broke his leg wrestling in Japan.

"And it's all due to wrestling," he said. "It's that simple. With me there's no glory in wrestling. . .. I thought out of sight, out of mind would be the best thing for me."

Yet he said on this particular Sunday - five weeks to the day after the accident - that he's happier now than he has ever been.

"It's like two phases of life," he said, sitting on the couch next to Janis, holding her hand. "The man who had everything and was miserable. And the man who has nothing and is happy.

"It don't cost nothin' to go watch the sunset," he said.

That's what Bam Bam Bigelow keeps telling himself.

It could be reasonably argued that Chris Candido died because he feared he was going to lose his spot on TNA. Wrestling needs to change, and soon.

I'm thinking that the mystery man in Angle more and more (if true).

[quote name='mykevermin']It could be reasonably argued that Chris Candido died because he feared he was going to lose his spot on TNA. Wrestling needs to change, and soon.

I'm thinking that the mystery man in Angle more and more (if true).[/QUOTE]

I know, it's scary how dedicated to wrestling Kurt is. If he ends up burning out (and he probably will), I hope the results aren't fatal.

Oh I really hope it isn't Angle. I'd like to believe there is no mystery man. HHH and Taker have both recently taken time off, however, it can't be Trips as Steph would know, and then Vince would know. Kurt makes sense, let's just hope it's bullshit.

Here's a little bit of news I thought I would add:

- Juvetund has heat with the boys for stealing their signature moves or spots. Juvi has recently been traveling with Bob Orton.
- WWE has signed Antonio Banks to a development deal. He is currently in Deep South.
- Christian turned down $4,000 on 11/3 to work a single independent show.

For Guyver, since he is the only one I know of that is in the area:

Smackdown will be taped 1/30 in Orlando as part of another Supershow taping.

It really sucks that this rumor is going around. Now every single time we see Angle or whoever we're all going to be thinking if he is going to be around much longer. I want to think about what a great wrestler he is when I'm watching not if he is going to die. Really crappy thing we had to hear.

[quote name='neocisco']Jack, I think you set a record for single longest news post.:)[/QUOTE]

That post was like the Energizer Bunny... it kepted going and going and going and going and.....

I decided to hold off on the WM box set. I wanted to read your reviews, plus with my final serious finals coming up the last thing I need to be doing is watching WMs. I'll definitely pick it up in June/July during the next sale as a sort of graduation, welcome to the real world Horse gift.

My favorite WM is #3, by the by.

[quote name='neocisco']Jack, I think you set a record for single longest news post.:)[/QUOTE]

:lol: I know. I had to edit a few things so that the post would fit.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I decided to hold off on the WM box set. I wanted to read your reviews, plus with my final serious finals coming up the last thing I need to be doing is watching WMs. I'll definitely pick it up in June/July during the next sale as a sort of graduation, welcome to the real world Horse gift.

My favorite WM is #3, by the by.[/QUOTE]

You're graduating this coming summer? Great for you, man!

WrestleMania 3 is indeed a classic.

If you can, I still would buy the WM set sometime soon. From what I've read, Vince might pull a Disney and after so many copies have been pressed, there will be no more.

That way, he can milk some more money out of fans in a few years.

I think I still have a VHS of WM3 somewhere recorded from the original airing that was passed on to me. It even has the 15 minute intermission that they had about 2/3 of the way through the show. I'd love to see them try to put an intermission on a WM PPV now.:D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']:lol: I know. I had to edit a few things so that the post would fit.

You're graduating this coming summer? Great for you, man!

WrestleMania 3 is indeed a classic.

If you can, I still would buy the WM set sometime soon. From what I've read, Vince might pull a Disney and after so many copies have been pressed, there will be no more.

That way, he can milk some more money out of fans in a few years.[/QUOTE]

I may... perhaps I'll put it on my currently slim Xmas list, we'll see... I'd hate to see anyone spend the extra cash though.

Tis true about the graduation bit, I'll finally be done with this godforsaken university and take off with a degree in business administration and a minor in economics \\:D/

Then I can actually start making REAL money.

Although, a large part of me would still love nothing more than to get a corporate job of some sort within the WWE, call me a sadist if you must.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
Although, a large part of me would still love nothing more than to get a corporate job of some sort within the WWE, call me a sadist if you must.[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't mind possibly being an enemy of a McMahon... and possibly having a life-sized doll of yourself lit on fire and having things pulled out of its ass... go for it. ;) :lol:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']As long as you don't mind possibly being an enemy of a McMahon... and possibly having a life-sized doll of yourself lit on fire and having things pulled out of its ass... go for it. ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

See, when I say corporate I mean off-camera, so I don't have to suffer through all JR has. I think I'm a bit to fit to play the roll of JR. I also think that there'd be some sort of animal cruelty laws preventing them from lighting me on fire.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']As long as you don't mind possibly being an enemy of a McMahon... and possibly having a life-sized doll of yourself lit on fire and having things pulled out of its ass... go for it. ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

See, when I say corporate job, I mean off camera, so I don't have to suffer through all of what JR did. I think I'm a bit to physically fit to play JR's roll anyway. I also think there's some animal cruelty laws inplace that would prevent them from lighting me on fire.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See, when I say corporate job, I mean off camera, so I don't have to suffer through all of what JR did. I think I'm a bit to physically fit to play JR's roll anyway. I also think there's some animal cruelty laws inplace that would prevent them from lighting me on fire.[/QUOTE]

JR has a corporate job, too. Plus, for all you know, you might be on the way to the restroom, and Mr. Ape-Walker (Vince) would see you:

"Wow! A horse! I'm putting you on TV! And if you don't like it, YOU'RE FIRED!"

[quote name='Saucy Jack']JR has a corporate job, too. Plus, for all you know, you might be on the way to the restroom, and Mr. Ape-Walker (Vince) would see you:

"Wow! A horse! I'm putting you on TV! And if you don't like it, YOU'RE FIRED!"[/QUOTE]

Well if David Arquette and the Ultimate Warrior can win the title, than why not a horse?

[quote name='neocisco']I think the mathematical equation might be a little difficult for the troll to understand but thanks for trying.:) [/QUOTE]

If this was directed at me, no I was not trying to "troll". I did not know that proceeds and production costs were two different things. I was actually trying to help YOU. Next time, I'll think twice on that....

Seriously, people acting all know-it-allish is why posting on message boards like this can be frustrating sometimes. Please realize that there are folks out there who do not have the same knowledge level as you.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Here's a little bit of news I thought I would add:

For Guyver, since he is the only one I know of that is in the area:[/QUOTE]

kool are those the ones that they tape raw and smackdown together..

dont know if id go to orlando for that but who knows

im really awaiting the royal rumble though.. that is my favorite ppv and i hope to get good seats

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore hospitalized, suspended
November 18, 2005

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available.

[quote name='guyver2077']kool are those the ones that they tape raw and smackdown together..
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the supershows are the ones where they tape both Raw and Smackdown.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore hospitalized, suspended
November 18, 2005

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone want to speculate on why he was rushed to the hospital?

You think they'd pay to fly him home for breaking character?

You think they'd be concerned about kayfabe when a man's sent to the emergency room?

THEY'RE CALLED DRUGS, PEOPLE.

Either this is a good sign that they're headed in the right direction, or the WWE is hypersensitive to drug use for the time being b/c of Eddie's passing, and they'll shortly be back to their normal state of ignoring how ravaged their wrestlers are.

I bet he'll be released on Wednesday of next week; it would be awful if TNA picked him up without ensuring that he's either been in rehab or is clean and willing to subject himself to random screenings.

fuck, all wrestlers should be that way. If you have to have a drug test to work at Toys R fucking Us, then you'd think that for higher profile and better paying positions, more stringent, rather than less, rules would apply.

The thing is, is that TNA would no doubt want to pick him up ASAP... look at Jeff Hardy, for example. I read the article that you linked, and while there are a ton of good points there, if they would start releasing people with drug problems, I can see TNA's roster getting much larger in a hurry.

touche' genocidal. A very good point, and one that reminds us that the
wrestler problem, for lack of a better phrase, is not the exclusive domain of the WWE.

I've got a few points I want to make in regards to the post you just made myke and the article, but I'll make them after class. This is mostly a reminder for me to actually do it :)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well if David Arquette and the Ultimate Warrior can win the title, than why not a horse?[/QUOTE]

I liked WCW but thats a bad memory that won't go away, ugh.

0001ykwx

What the hell at Eugene.. the only possible thing I could think of would be an overdose/stomach pump situation, dunno why else he'd be rushed to the hospital.. hope he's okay

Time for Saucy Jack's rasslin' news! Brought to you by... all the great people of the wrestling topics. Thanks for allowing others to have great people to talk to about wrestling. :)

In this issue... possible update on Dinsmore... and an interview with the Hitman.

November 17, 2005 - Imagine punching out your boss, then getting a DVD retrospective celebrating your career. That's what happened to Bret Hart, one of the greatest (if not the single best) pure wrestler to ever walk that aisle, as he returned to the promotion that made him a legend to handpick 18 matches for a 3-disc DVD set. You'll find Bret against Mr. Perfect, The British Bulldog, Owen Hart, and Steve Austin in some of the matches that defined Hart's era in wrestling.

IGN Sports caught up with "The Hitman" to get his thoughts on the new DVD, reuniting with WWE, and whether or not a Hall of Fame induction is in the process.

Here's what "The Excellence of Execution" had to say…

IGN Sports: You handpicked the 18 matches for your DVD. What was the criteria you used to select the bouts?

Bret Hart: A long memory. [laughs] I can remember matches when I came back to the dressing room and other wrestlers or fans would come up to me afterwards to compliment me on the match. I remember when I wrestled the 1-2-3 Kid and Paul Orndorff stopped me in an airport. He was working for WCW at the time, but he was so excited about that match. He kept telling me how exciting it was and how that was what wrestling is all about. He told me: 'That is one of the greatest matches I've ever watched.' It was real. It was like a real match there was so much intensity. And the way it played off with the young kid against the wiley old veteran, it was such a beautiful story to him. That's why I wanted to recognize, not just the big pay matches, but the little trinkets, the little treasure matches that people have forgotten about like that match and the one against Hakushi. There were certain guys who I really enjoyed working with, and I wanted to make sure they were remembered. There were also a lot of veterans like DiBiase and Steamboat who I enjoyed getting in the ring with. The match against Ricky Steamboat, that was the first time we ever stepped foot in the ring together, the first time we ever worked together, and to be able to put together that type of match, it's a beautiful thing. And in the match against DiBiase, it was a similar thing. We went out there with no preparation, no thought, and did it like they say old school, back to the old style of wrestling. We did it the old fashioned way, and we pulled off an amazing match.

IGN Sports: When you step in the ring, do you have a sense something great is about to happen, or do you not know a match is a classic until you're already in the midst of the fight?

Bret Hart: I usually knew it was going to be a great match before I went out. If I have a few days to think about it, situations like Wrestlemania and big events like that, it's like I can't turn the movie off in my head. I can visualize the match before it happens, every situation of what I wanted to do. It's not like an actor who is getting a script and has to remember what somebody else wrote, in my mind I could add in and take out any moves I want. I would dream about the matches at night. What's funny is it works both ways, because sometimes you draw a blank. Maybe you've worked with the guy before or it's a rematch, and you can't think of anything else new to do. You don't want to just go out and do the same match. There's a match on the DVD with The British Bulldog. This is our second big match and I really love it because it's such a contrast to that first match we had at Wembley. We didn't know what we were even going to do in that match until maybe an hour or two before. Same with Steve Austin. That was a match where we really didn't know what we were going to do. We weren't scheduled to be the main event that year, but we were slotted in after Shawn Michaels went home with a fake injury. So we kind of stuck at the last minute as a filler. Here save the show now because the main event just walked off on us. The two of us sat in the ring and we were staring at each other, twiddling our thumbs. It was really awkward because we had just worked at the Survivor Series right before. I just remember putting our heads together, and the more we painted the match out in broad strokes, the more it became a masterpiece.

IGN Sports: That match launched an entire era.

Bret Hart: I remember I told him: 'If we do this right, we're going to switch places today. I'm going to make you.' And as a credit to Steve, he did everything I asked him to do and we created a masterpiece.

IGN Sports: How difficult was it to pick just 18 matches? Did you have a lot of favorites that didn't quite make the cut?

Bret Hart: I had another 30 more I wanted to put on there. I had a lot of really good matches from places like Japan where I couldn't get the footage. It was always really important for me to pick the right matches, and I used to think about it all the time. I think the DVD is a nice cross section, and they said they wanted to do a fitting tribute to the Hart Foundation, and I think we did that.

IGN Sports: What did you like better, competing in singles or tag matches?

Bret Hart: I actually like tag team better. Those were the good old days. [laughs] When you're in a tag team, especially when your sidekick is Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, you can't beat that. I had to hang around with Jim and keep him out of trouble. It was up to me to get him back to the hotel at night…he acted kind of crazy at times. I'm lucky I'm not an alcoholic today for hanging around with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. In those days, we had a lot of energy. We used to describe ourselves as a Porsche and a tank, and I think that was a fair comparison. Because of Jim's size and power, we were able to work with big guys or little guys. We could wrestle The Rockers, Demolition, even The One Man Gang and The Big Bossman. We were really adaptable and versatile.

IGN Sports: Did your feud with Shawn Michaels start back when you guys were both in tag teams? Was the hatred already brewing?

Bret Hart: No, it started after the Survivor Series when I won the title. Back then, he was just a boy toy. He was kind of a lazy kid back then, but compared to how he became later on, he was much more likable when I first started to work with him. He eventually moved into the top tier, and he was always a good athlete. He seemed to have everything he needed to in order to make it to the top. I believe that I was the first guy, I was only about 230-pounds for real my whole career. I was never any more, never any less. Randy Savage really helped open the door for guys my size, guys like Shawn to make it to the top. Back with Hogan, you had a lot of big bodies who moved in a lumbering sort of way. I was one of the first guys to really take the World title as a little guy, and that opened the doors for Shawn.

IGN Sports: Were you surprised WWE asked you back to help with the project considering all of the beef that went on?

Bret Hart: Yeah, I was. I never lost hope in the sense that before I knocked Vince out in Montreal, in the weeks even leading into that whole mess, I had brought up how important it was for me not to be forgot. That I wanted my legacy to be remembered. We were talking then about an anthology, a video collection of my greatest matches, but it didn't happen. So when I knocked him out in Montreal, I realized my career might never again see the light of day. I thought 30 years from now or 50 years from now I wouldn't even be remembered as much of a wrestler because the people who remember would pass away, and Bret Hart's legacy would pass away with them. When my brother Owen passed away, Vince McMahon met with me the day before the funeral, and I told him how really heart sick I was over the fact that I thought I'd be forgotten. We talked about it then, but for whatever reason, I guess on account of the law suit, they conveniently forgot that the conversation took place even though Vince told me that I'd always be remembered for what I contributed. And that led to a lot of hard feelings between me and Vince and the company. But I remember when I had my stroke, I was so devastated by the whole thing, and within hours of my stroke Vince called me. That was the first real step we made toward mending fences. We talked about upcoming projects, about my career, and he realized how important it was to me. I only brought it up ever time I talked to him, and he wanted to keep the promise that he made to me. We talked about it there, and I had a few conversations with Shane McMahon about it, but the big problem we had was how to address the Survivor Series. For me, with my stroke, I have a lot of trouble with emotional issues in the sense that if something is pulling at my heat strings, I can't control my emotions. I can have these heartfelt moments and the tears can come, and for me, it's very draining, very uncomfortable to find yourself fighting back tears all the time. We started talking about the sensitive issues like Owen's death and Survivor Series, and I told Vince that I had a great career before either one of those two instances happened. The more we talked, the more he understood that there was a way around it. I really didn't think there would be a way around it and that that would end up being the logjam of this whole thing. They have their version of events, I have mine, and I am never going to change my mind. So the way they did it, they took the high road.

One of the most important things that happened right before this DVD came into play is when I went to the dentist. There was this little boy in there, he was only about five years old, and he was a big fan of mine. He even had my action figure. I met him and shook his hand and we were talking and I was curious, because he was only five, so I asked him 'What's your favorite match of mine?' And he looked up at me and told me 'Oh, I've never seen you wrestle, but I play as you in the videogames.' My heart kind of broke. I wanted little kids like this to be able to watch me. The more I talked to Vince, the more the hard feelings began to just move off. I still have a lot of hard feelings over everything that has happened, but I'm glad they were able to overlook those things. When Vince McMahon says at the beginning of this DVD that we did this for the fans, it's true. I did this for my fans, and I've wanted to do this DVD for my fans for a long time. I'm very grateful that we found a way to do it and that Vince McMahon gave me enough creative control to do something that will be good for him, good for the company, and it's something that gives us both some closure.

IGN Sports: Can we expect to see you inducted in the Hall of Fame for your fans as well?

Bret Hart: I'm not expecting to do the Hall of Fame. Maybe some time or some day, but I just feel, maybe it's because of my stroke, but I don't feel like I'm ready for that yet.

IGN Sports: WWE released your DVD and they also released all of the Wrestlemania's on DVD as well. Do you have a favorite Wrestlemania moment?

Bret Hart: My two standards are my match with Stone Cold, the match that was voted the greatest Wrestlemania match of all time. It's a beautiful dogfight. My other one is the match against Shawn Michaels, and the only reason that match isn't on my DVD is because it's too long. Besides, it's already on the Wrestlemania disc, so I know it's out there and I know people can see it.

IGN Sports: What about as a fan…do you have a favorite Wrestlemania match that you weren't involved in?

Bret Hart: I always loved the match with Hogan and Andre. There was something endearing about watching Andre put Hogan over. I never forgot it.

IGN Sports: Over the weekend, the wrestling world lost Eddie Guerrero. What are some of your memories about Eddie?

Bret Hart: When I came to WCW, I didn't really gravitate to the superstars like Hogan. Eric always had a lot of guys sniffing around him pretty good, but I always gravitated to the workhorses of the company. Guys like Benoit and Guerrero. Eddie and his nephew both, every time I'd see them, they always had smiles on their faces. They were always so upbeat about a company that was so disorganized and confused. Eddie was a really genuine person. He always had a warm smile, a warm heart, and was an easy to like guy. I don't know anyone who didn't like Eddie. He was a hard worker, a good guy, and he could brighten up the dressing room. He could brighten up wherever he was.

IGN Sports: When someone watches your DVD, what's the lasting impression you want to leave? What do you want people to know about Bret Hart?

Bret Hart: That I was as good as I said I was. When you watch the beginning, there is even some of my early Stampede wrestling in there. I started wrestling in September, and these matches took place in December, 1979. I know WWE magazine said my career started in 1976, but I was still in high school in 1976. But I remember when I first saw that footage, I was skinny, white, and my hair was all fuzzy. I was a little embarrassed about how I looked back then and I didn't necessarily want to have those on there. But thinking about it, guys like Hogan or Flair wouldn't be caught dead putting their first three months on tape because they were probably so horrible. I think there is a certain beauty to these early matches, my first days in the business. I was a great wrestler, not necessarily a great performer. I was a real pro wrestler that gave 100% every night and made it seemed real. The beauty of watching all of those matches is that not one animal got hurt in the making of these movies. They were all very controlled where every wrestler got up the next day and went home to their families. They could tell their kids, 'Man, I wrestled Bret Hart last night and it seemed so real.'

IGN Sports: It's funny how you mention being real, because when my dad would sit down and watch your matches, that's the first thing he'd say every time.

Bret Hart: He must have had an eye for the business. If you grow up watching the business like I did, you have an eye for what looks real and what doesn't. I always hated this one spot Shawn Michaels does, they call it Skin the Cat. It's where you throw the guy over the top rope, but he holds on to the top rope and curls his way back in the ring. He insisted to have it in the Iron Man match, and it's just so phony. Why would I not look at the guy I just threw over the rope? I hate stuff like that. It's so phony and illogical.

IGN Sports: Skin the Cat is like a James Bond villain leaving the room before Bond dies.

Bret Hart: Exactly, and if you've seen it once, you never want to see it again. I know I've seen it a thousand times, so the fans must be thinking, why would Bret Hart throw Shawn Michaels over the top rope and forget that he's there. I hate to go about it, but I used to take front turnbuckles because it used to look so real. It gave a sense of reality to the match because it was so high impact. When I see guys like Flair and Shawn Michaels and they take that upside down turnbuckle, it always made no sense. It looked great and it's spectacular, but why would anyone take an upside down turnbuckle. It's so stupid. At least with mine, with a front turnbuckle, you're being thrown so fast, you're so out of control, at least it makes sense. I'm not going to stop and do a nice little flip, a little summersault into the corner. Things like that drive me crazy, especially when people say they're as great as they are. Sometimes, they're just phonies.

IGN Sports: Didn't it hurt like hell to run chest-first into the turnbuckle?

Bret Hart: There is a trick to it. As a matter of fact, if you watch the DVD, you can see my very first front turnbuckle. In Stampede, it shows this guy throwing me and it looks like I damn near kill myself. The turnbuckles in my dad's territory were like cement. They were very, very hard, stiff turnbuckles. What I learned, though, is that I can use my biceps to push off when I hit the turnbuckle. The key to the front turnbuckle, look at me, I'm telling you all my secrets, but the key is to relax your body. You need to relax every muscle and fall into the turnbuckle. Just give yourself to it. Then just as your body has gone as far as you can, you use your momentum and arms to bounce out. It's hard to explain, but I don't think anyone has ever done a front turnbuckle like I did. Those were the days.

UPDATE ON EUGENE BEING SENT HOME FROM THE EUROPEAN TOUR
by Dave Scherer @ 11:59:00 AM on 11/18/2005

We don't have much in the way of details where the Eugene situation is concerned but I have been told by one source on the European tour that "when a guy is taken to the hospital then sent home and suspended, the reason is very most probably exactly what you would think it is." I won't say any more than that at this time, but I think the message there is pretty clear.

Alright, let's see how this turns out...

I agree that the wrestler problem is greater than the WWE, even though the WWe is what really started it. Unfortunately, if WWE decides to regulate things such as drug abuse, the only thing that they will be doing is screwing themselves over. People who want to keep using will jump ship when they get caught, and TNA backstage will become what ECW was. So nothing can be done about this, right? Wrong, I think that something can be done.

Create a true Worldwide wrestling federation. Maybe not exactly a federation... but a board or panel that regulates the business. This is much easier said than done because of all the politics and all the backwoods promotions that would complain about not being represented. However, I think it could be done. Have this committee set forth guidelines that will get rid of drug use and heavily fine/ban people found to be using, possibly with a worldwide blacklist.

The biggest problem is that in practice, it just wouldn't work. New promotions come about all the time, and there's so many that it would be nearly impossible to police them all. Plus, there's always the promotions that would just laugh at this committee and continue to hire the wrestlers that couldn't work anywhere else. Usually, these are popular guys, and said promotion would be able to make a name for themselves and be profitable very quickly. It's an inherent problem with the business -- the fact that it is a business. Vince would be glad if TNA and any other promotion that even came close to threatening his reign as #1 would go out of business, and this makes it hard to have these guys try to work together for the common good of the performers.

Sorry if that doesn't make complete sense, I know what I want to convey to you guys but right now I don't know if I can completely capture it using words.

- As it stands we are still waiting for further information on the Eugene story from last night. However, one source on WWE's European tour has said, "when a guy is taken to the hospital then sent home and suspended, the reason is most probably exactly what you would think it is."

But.. but.. he doesn't know any better, he's retarded!
crying.gif

News bit about Eddie:

From WWE.com:

Eddie Guerrero was laid to rest yesterday in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Eddie moved his family to Phoenix a few weeks ago so he could be closer to his mother and sister Linda. The private ceremony was presided over by family friend “Superstar” Billy Graham. Several current and former WWE Superstars were in attendance. Chris Jericho, John Layfield, Dean Malenko, Vince McMahon, Chris Benoit, Tom Pritchard and Chavo Guerrero, Jr. all spoke in remembrance of Eddie.

The highly emotional ceremony celebrated the life of Eddie Guerrero, remembering exactly how loving, caring and humble he was.

At the funeral yesterday according to Dave Meltzer: The entire Guerrero family, Hector Rincon, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, JBL, Rey Mysterio and their wives, Dean Malenko, Vince, Shane, Stephanie & Linda McMahon, Tom Prichard, Billy Anderson, John Laurinaitis, Edge, Lita, Jamie Noble, Shane Helms, Charlie Haas, Jackie Gayda, Mark Jindrak, Konnan, Gail Kim, Mike Tenay, Doug Basham, Christian, C.M. Punk, Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson, Sting, Tommy Drake, Kevin Dunn, Bruce Prichard, Michael Hayes and Steve Austin. Superstar Billy Graham led the service, and among those who spoke were Malenko, Jericho, Benoit, JBL (very funny), Vince McMahon, Tom Prichard, all of Eddie's brothers, one sister, Chavo Jr., and Valerie Coleman "Graham."

Most of the WWE guys took the company plane out to Europe immediately following the services.

So what you're really saying, genocidal, is that the very nature of competitive business prevents any one company from tackling the drug issue by themselves, lest they write themselves off into extinction? As a result, we'd need a governing body to regulate all wrestlers?

Interesting, but damn near impossible. I don't think there are any "monopoly" problems, given governing bodies for the NFL, MLB, and others (can you really say that there are viable competitors for each of those sports)?

The biggest hurdle, of course, isn't implementing a governing body, per se. Convincing a bunch of egos to work together would be.

Good post, and provides much food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back