FF:CC for ANY 4 GC games through 4/3

Gojtron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ending April 3rd, so act fast.

At EB, trade in any 4 Cube games, get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles free. They can be sports, they can be anything but demo discs. I used 2 copies of Madden 02, an NFL QB Club 02(5.99 used) and an NFL 2k3, bought them, traded them right back in, and got my FF:CC. It's automatic, they do the trade, scan the new game, hit total and it works.

Seriously, it's for real. I'd scan my reciept if I had a scanner. Call an EB and ask them, if they're clueless, tell them to read their daily directive.

You'd be lucky to get a dollar apiece for Madden 02, and your insistence of the deal working, just helps prove the fact that this is bogus.

Actually it was 4.50 total for the 4 titles before the bonus credit. If someone will host, I can get to a friend's scanner and send them the reciept tomorrow..

This one's true guys. Called up my local EB to confirm it. It's just through the weekend though, so act fast.

Uh, holy shit, this is actually legit. I thought it was at least worth a call...

ANY game, so long as they're gamecube and they include original box and book.

And it ends this weekend.

Wow, amazing deal, goj.

Guys, use EB's Store Locator and find a number and verify it for yourself.

I wonder if there is a limit on how many you can get. If not, hello Gamestop cheapass games rack. :D

This should go on the main page.

OMG, this is so real! I just did this right now! I went to GS and they also had buy any 2 and get 1 free!! I'M SO RAIDING BOTH STORES TOMMOROW (just got one tonight, it rocks so bad! ;))

I just called my local EB and they ARE running the promotion, but according to the guy I talked to, not all games are included. He said most likely any older games and old sports games wont be included but he didn't know of an offical list.

If he doesn't know of an official list, then he can't exclude certain ones.

Guy I talked to specifically said ALL, and I made a point to ask "even sports games?" "ALL."

I have 5 EBs in my city.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it tomorrow but I'm sure my EB won't let me trade in junky games. If they will, I have a feeling Home Run King, Cel Damage, The Hulk and some other game will be leaving my collection :)

Could someone create a thread that shows all instore ebgames promotions and the ones that you need a coupon for, and inthat case, which magazine it can be found in because alot of this info just comes too late

i traded in rayman arena, turok (HAHAHAAH), minority report, and some bmx game! great deal! i also picked up eternal darkness for gc. is it any good?

Ok, I just called my local EB Games and they CONFIRMED this deal, NO EXCLUSIONS! Sweet! I'm gonna trade in Madden 2002, NBA 2k2, NBA Street, and SSX Tricky or something, to get it. Awesome!

Thanks OP!

I can confirm this deal. However, at my EB, all games are valid, including Xbox and Ps2 games. Traded in NFL2k3 (ps2) SSX (ps2), NBA Coutrtside 2002 (GCN) and Madden 2002 (GCN) that i got for like 16 bucks at Gamestop with teh B2G1 and 10% off card.

Amazing.

I just called my local EB and the guy told me that there was no such deal going on right now. He said they had this deal going on a while back but people were abusing it with too many sports titles. Either he is full of shit or this is a YMMV deal.

PS- This was the EB at the Westfield Mall in Escondido, CA.

My EB sucks. I called and they said there were exclusions. This is a quote:
"Games are excluded but I can't list them over the phone. Bring everything you have in and we'll pick through them and take the ones WE (as in EB) can use."

Uh ... NO!

Stay away from the one in Kingstowne, VA

As with every EB deal, it seems that it depends heavily on who the clerk is.

Just called the EB in La Jolla...they confirmed the deal. I will go to the Escondido one and tell the guy to read his directive again.

[quote name='bradr']My EB sucks. I called and they said there were exclusions. This is a quote:
"Games are excluded but I can't list them over the phone. Bring everything you have in and we'll pick through them and take the ones WE (as in EB) can use."

Uh ... NO!

As with every EB deal, it seems that it depends heavily on who the clerk is.[/quote]
They're full of shit. fuck them.

[quote name='bradr']My EB sucks. I called and they said there were exclusions. This is a quote:

Uh ... NO!

As with every EB deal, it seems that it depends heavily on who the clerk is.[/quote]

you think that's bad... the clerk at the EB I was just at told me that offer expired already..?!?

Ok, finally got it, but after a little hassle.

Me> Hey, I called a while ago about the trade in 4 Gamecube games and get Crystal Chronicles free.
Clerk> Mmm hmm.
Me> Well I called the EB in Carlsbad and he said that they are running the deal and it applies to all EB's.
Clerk> *looks puzzled, but checks the computer...scrolls through the list of deals*
Me> I just didn't want to have to drive all the way to Carlsbad if I could do it here. Is there a way you can call over there and price match?
Clerk> I have the list of deals right here on the computer, and the printed list here.
Me> So why is the deal going on at Carlsbad and not here?
Clerk> Well, they're just wrong.
Me> Well I've talked to like 8 people (CAG gamers :wink:) who have gotten this deal. So basically I have to drive all the way to Carlsbad to do this?
Clerk> *looks at screen.*...Well, it is trade in four, but there are exclusions...and you still have to pay the tax.
Me> Well do these work? I don't have any sports titles in there *I hand him Two Towers, Harry Potter, Spiderman and XMen*
Clerk> Let me check *checks them all*. Ok, these work. You want Crystal Chronicles?
Me> *nods*

I was pretty bugged...plus I am sick and arguing with him made my throat hurt even more. Damn EB employees...

I got semi-rejected today.

I went to an EB this morning and I asked them about the deal. The woman didn't know anything it, but she did tell me about another FF/CC promotion. She called a few people who told her the "deal was dead." I had to explain to her that I thought this was a new deal and I understood it was not for "reserving" it. So she called again and said that sports were excluded.

Went to another 2 stores, found out that the first woman talked to these two stores and they "knew" who I was. So they all talked together and decided that sports are not included.

So how are some of you guys having so much luck?? I called 2 EB's and they said they have no idea about this deal, even when i asked them. Did they automatically just know about the deal or did you have to beat them up to have them check the computer or call someone??

I just picked up 2 more copies of FF:CC with this deal from both of the EBs in my town. Only one of the managers from one store and another employee from the other store knew anything about the deal because it was in an 'email'. I don't know if that meant, like, store emails or individual employee emails. So if you're not getting any cooperation, tell them to check their 'EB email' and the deal will be explained to them in all of its 'no exclusion' entirety.

I swear I just posted this...

Does anyone know if this is until the end of the day, or through the entire weekend????

I'm going to try again tomorrow. I think the computer knows better than the EB reps (if it is a universal directive). The problem was that I didn't have any games on me, so they couldn't check. Their sports titles exclusion is moot. I should of just taken a bunch of their own games and asked them to check it. I didn't get the idea to do that until the 3rd EB I went to. The guy was nice enough to see if it was true or not.

bread's done
Back