Fighting Game Thread 6 is dedicated in memory of Chac*

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']My copy of SSF4 is in transit and should be here tomorrow afternoon, so I don't really mind waiting.

Are most people going to keep maining the same charatcers or try something new?[/QUOTE]
Officially dropping Gouken, sticking with Claw. I'm gonna be playing with T(ony) Hawk for sure, and I'm gonna practice with Ibuki. If I can get her links down, then she'll be played as well.

I'm going to try and use Ibuki and Guy, and hopefully get somewhat decent with them.

And I'll have my copy when UPS drops it off, probably before I get up. ^_^

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Picked it up tonight as well. Dima / DanMagz, sorry for only playing a few rounds and then peacing. I gotta get up at 7.[/QUOTE]

I had to roll early too, gotta get up at 7 with the herd of kids. Let's play tonight for sure.

Looks like Amazon's coming through with their release-day guarantee, as my copy of SSFIV is "OUT FOR DELIVERY" according to UPS tracking. Nice! Y'all can expect to see Busta Uppa poking his head into some XBL parties tonight.

I'll probably try to develop a "main" for this game. I've never actually done that before. Maybe Adon because he's new and I've always enjoyed his style in the Alpha games.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Picked it up tonight as well. Dima / DanMagz, sorry for only playing a few rounds and then peacing. I gotta get up at 7.[/QUOTE]

No big deal. It was GG indeed. I played about 10 matches online.. lost about twice and then went to play some single player. This game is totally worth the wait. I should be getting the PS3 version some time this week from amazon. I hope those DLC codes come soon! I'm getting ready to spend about $20 on costumes alone haha.

Anyone going to be up past midnight? I got my copy of Super but I don't get home till late. I want to get some friendly player matches in later. If anyone will be up let me know. I'm hyped to play some Adon, Dudley and Haken.

Does Super have quarter matches? Ya know, player mataches with more than 2 players? I hated that about SFIV.

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone going to be up past midnight? I got my copy of Super but I don't get home till late. I want to get some friendly player matches in later. If anyone will be up let me know. I'm hyped to play some Adon, Dudley and Haken.

Does Super have quarter matches? Ya know, player mataches with more than 2 players? I hated that about SFIV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has 8 player lobbies. I should be on past midnight... just hit me up. I might be playing local versus, but just send me an invite and I'll join if I can.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Just lost after winning 8 or 9 ranked matches in a row to Abel's new Ultra.... fuckkk I wish I would've watched a video or something to know what it was... caught me completely off-guard. I still don't really get it.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Just lost after winning 8 or 9 ranked matches in a row to Abel's new Ultra.... fuckkk I wish I would've watched a video or something to know what it was... caught me completely off-guard. I still don't really get it.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty gross. I believe it had 2 hits Super Armor, you can delay it by holding down all three kicks, it travels almost 3/4ths screen and it can punish jump ins.

[quote name='ninja dog']Hell yeah playing some SSFIUNABLETOCONNECTTRYAGAINUNABLETOCONNECTTRYAGAINUNABLETOCONNECT[/QUOTE]

Stop sharing your internet connection from a Macbook in a basement.

Anyone that doesn't have me on PSN, feel free to add me for some matches.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Stop sharing your internet connection from a Macbook in a basement.
[/QUOTE]

er...it's a direct connection at my apartment ;)

it's just the usual Quick Match crap that every game has.

I thought it was because it brings up matches that are open, but they fill up in between the time it puts the room on your list and when you click on it.

$1 million yen to the company that solves that problem, if it can be solved.

anyway, having fun with Makoto. I'm so bad at this game though. Sucks when you lose to flow chart Kens.

anyone else feel "guilty" when they pick a Shoto? it's like I could kick ass with Ryu, but I wanna get good with other characters too.

That happens too. Rooms fill up fast. I usually just play with people in here, so I don't have that problem.

I'm wanting to join the Dudley army. . .

[quote name='ninja dog']Hell yeah playing some SSFIUNABLETOCONNECTTRYAGAINUNABLETOCONNECTTRYAGAINUNABLETOCONNECT[/QUOTE]

That's why I make my own rooms. :cool: Fills up within seconds.

I was trollin' tonight like crazy with Hakan. Dude's incredibly fun to play as, I'm honestly surprised.

[quote name='distgfx']That's why I make my own rooms. :cool: Fills up within seconds.

I was trollin' tonight like crazy with Hakan. Dude's incredibly fun to play as, I'm honestly surprised.[/QUOTE]

Hurry up and pick a main!

[quote name='distgfx']That's why I make my own rooms. :cool: Fills up within seconds.

I was trollin' tonight like crazy with Hakan. Dude's incredibly fun to play as, I'm honestly surprised.[/QUOTE]

I accidentally picked Hakan for a match and pretty much dominated with grease+command throw. The other player used Guy and actually had some good moves, but man, NOBODY is prepared for Hakan. The range on the ex-grease+command throw is stupid ridiculous crazy wild.

of course, it helped that the Guy player loved flying at me with the punishable overhead elbow. I let him have the first round while I looked up how to grease in the instruction manual :lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']I accidentally picked Hakan for a match and pretty much dominated with grease+command throw. The other player used Guy and actually had some good moves, but man, NOBODY is prepared for Hakan. The range on the ex-grease+command throw is stupid ridiculous crazy wild.

of course, it helped that the Guy player loved flying at me with the punishable overhead elbow. I let him have the first round while I looked up how to grease in the instruction manual :lol:[/QUOTE]

You fought a decent Guy? Aww, the only chars I fought that were decent were chun (dc'd for no reason), deejay (barely beat him) and ibuki (got my ass handed to me as hakan). Hakan can do some nasty ass shit when he's oiled up, but staying oiled is a pain in the ass.

I don't know if he was decent, but he knew some combos. but he kept repeating them, so it was an easy win with a character I knew nothing about lol. There are a lot of people online who seem to know a good cross-up or two that confuses a noob like me at first, but round 2 and 3 go to me.

Like I played a guy with "AZN" in his name and he picked Akuma. I was like a deer in headlights the first round as my racial profiling worked against me...he used all these crazy ass combos on me. But once I calmed down and turtled, with a few well placed Hayates and seichusen godanzukis I took him out.

Didn't do to bad today. Manage to get to grade C in ranked battles. Not much changes done to Rose. They did buff her soul reflect and her ultra 2 is beast.

From what little time I had with the new characters I don't see myself making a switch to either of them. I did enjoy using Ibuki so I may give her another go.

My friend has one. There isn't noticeable lag from what I can tell. Make sure game mode is on. Some people forget the monitor has one... Alex Valle didn't know until my friend told him.

I'm enjoying Chun-Li's changes. I find myself using the Kikoshou a lot more than the ultra1. And she seems faster, or has more priority, or something. I'm just not as consistently frustrated with her.

Loving SSF4

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, it's awesome. I can use it for Beatmania and play level 11 songs and shyt on it without any problem.[/QUOTE]

Which model Chac?

Also, T-Hawk has some absurd range on his grabs, not to mention priority. He grabbed my out of an EX Legs that was already going.. he's going to be a dangerous one.

[quote name='motorkill']Didn't do to bad today. Manage to get to grade C in ranked battles. Not much changes done to Rose. They did buff her soul reflect and her ultra 2 is beast.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno about Ultra 2, doesn't seem to useful for me when I used it. Will need to experiment more.

So.. I got my 10 win streak achievement. Only lost once tonight. I gotta admit I'm already getting somewhat bored with the game. :[

No unlockables = the game feels somewhat too staticy to me.

[quote name='jer7583']Also, T-Hawk has some absurd range on his grabs, not to mention priority. He grabbed my out of an EX Legs that was already going.. he's going to be a dangerous one.[/QUOTE]He can grab limbs, so you might not want to just chuck out an EX Legs unless it's gonna hit.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I dunno about Ultra 2, doesn't seem to useful for me when I used it. Will need to experiment more.[/QUOTE]
It's useful as a "get the fuck off me" ultra, since it has instant startup.

[quote name='PhrostByte']

No unlockables = the game feels somewhat too staticy to me.[/QUOTE]

Best part of the game

Seems like everyone's trying to use Juri online.

I haven't got anything on the few Goukens I played. Can't seem to get any hits on him with Makoto.

bread's done
Back