Game Rush - Trade 2 games and get $20 off any pre-order game (UPDATED)

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The deal should have officialy started for all Gamerushes by now.

Get $20 off any pre-order game when you trade 2 games.

Trade offer good on PS2, XBOX, GC and GBA. $20 savings in addition to your trade-in value

So you are getting your normal trade-in value and an extra $20 off if it's on a preorder and you're trading in two games. I think you can only use those above mentioned platforms.

^ The Gamerush one wasn't working for me either. I went to blockbuster.com and did a store search there, but it doesn't tell you which ones are Gamerushes.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Here's the one:

14.McDermott/Alma
1314 West McDermott Dr., Suite 180
Allen, TX 75013
(972) 727-4586[/quote]
Thanks, I've never been to either of the Allen stores before. I'll prolly wait til the beginning of next month to see if the ones around here are allowing the deal without the coupon, that way I won't hafta drive 13 miles to get there and make another trip there to actually pick up the game... :p

On the topic of trading games in general to Game Rush, do they accept games you've purchased from them before. For example, I recently got Drakengard and Hitman: Contracts doing the trade in 2 games, get a PO game for $9.99. Would I be able to trade these 2 in for $20 off a preorder in addition to their value?

In another note, I puchased 4 $2.99 from GameStop to trade in at Game Rush, but they will only net me $0.25-$0.50 per game most likely. So should I trade those in, and just trade in the other 2 above seperately for credit?

[quote name='MasterSun1']On the topic of trading games in general to Game Rush, do they accept games you've purchased from them before. For example, I recently got Drakengard and Hitman: Contracts doing the trade in 2 games, get a PO game for $9.99. Would I be able to trade these 2 in for $20 off a preorder in addition to their value?[/quote]
They do take back games that you've bought from them in the past. But I've heard that some stores won't let you do it if you got the games less than 2 weeks ago or somesuch, personally, I've never had a problem trading it back in before that timeframe...

[quote name='KingDox']wow this deal sounds pretty sweet, do they take old sports games and how complete do the games have to be ?[/quote]
They'll take old sports games as long as they don't have too many copies of it. The store here wouldn't take back Madden 2001. As for the completeness, all you technically need to trade them in is the disc itself...

BTW: the first post says the newest GamePro has the coupon. What is on the cover of the newest GamePro? (or what month is the issue?)

[quote name='Soyner']BTW: the first post says the newest GamePro has the coupon. What is on the cover of the newest GamePro? (or what month is the issue?)[/quote]
I'm not sure whats on the cover but I believe its the October issue...

[quote name='Soyner']BTW: the first post says the newest GamePro has the coupon. What is on the cover of the newest GamePro? (or what month is the issue?)[/quote]

DBZ: Budokai 3 is on the cover.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='Soyner']BTW: the first post says the newest GamePro has the coupon. What is on the cover of the newest GamePro? (or what month is the issue?)[/quote]

DBZ: Budokai 3 is on the cover.[/quote]

checked and didn't see the ad. :(

Wanted to know... Can you trade a very crappy game AND can you trade 2 copies of it? Give me some examples if you can... Thanks! :D

Hey, how come my magazine says on page 65,

Get unlimited gaming for only 14.99 on your first month?

it is the scarface cover, october 2004. how unlucky am i, and i just bought the magazine from gamerush

i did this at my gamerush without a coupon. i got pokemon redfire and leafgreen for the total of 20 bucks. BArgin of the century. i am going back tommorow for halo limited edition, fable, jade empire, and conker live and reloaded

[quote name='ksuwild25']Has anyone preordered at Gamerush, and is it like EB?[/quote]
While I've never preordered a game my entire life, my friend did preorder Madden '05 at a GameRush. I happened to be in the store the day they got theirs in, which was a few days earlier than the posted date. Anywho, the dude recognized me and said that my friend could've picked it up that night...

[quote name='toocool17']Hey, how come my magazine says on page 65,

Get unlimited gaming for only 14.99 on your first month?

it is the scarface cover, october 2004. how unlucky am i, and i just bought the magazine from gamerush[/quote]

oh man that is unlucky. The real ad should have a guy sleeping/drooling I believe and will show some titles (like Halo, Mk:D....) and say $20 off any Pre order game.

still don't know of another mag other than the EGM/Scarface issue that has the coupon tho.

The magazine i found the coupon in was PSM October Issue with their fall preview. I didn't find on in the Gamepro issue, and i'm waiting for EGM.

Just got back from another Gamerush trip. I was able to preorder 2 games this time without a magazine coupon. I got Silent Hill 4 (xbox) and Kingdom Under Fire both for 19.99 after trade-in, and the 4 games I traded in paid for the total and got me about 30 extra credits. That brings my preorder game total to:

Halo 2 Collector's Edition
Fable
Kingom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Silent Hill 4

I think I'm going to bring in my whole collection to get Resident Evil 4, KOTOR II, plus other games that are too good to pass up on this amazing offer. Also I saw on a board that they had 146 trades just for last week, which to me seems like a whole bunch.

This is definately an official deal if anyone was still wondering. I went into a gamerush today and peeked over the counter and saw the official "Trade in 2 games get any preorder for 29.99" flyers. Unfortunately, the flyers also said the deal starts Sept. 7, so we'll have to wait until then for this to be widely excepted without a coupon.

I preordered Metroid Prime 2 and actually had a credit after everything was done.

Traded in
Arx Fatalis (XBOX) $21 trade in(bought from Best Buy for $10)
4x4: Monsters of Metal (GCN) $13 trade in(bought from Best Buy for $5)

Total: $34

Preorder MP2 for $29.99

After tax I had like a dollar left over I think. I used it to pick up a used copy of the Zelda Bonus Disc (OoT/Master Quest) which they were selling for $4.99 preowned. The copy I got was in great condition and complete.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']This is definately an official deal if anyone was still wondering. I went into a gamerush today and peeked over the counter and saw the official "Trade in 2 games get any preorder for 29.99" flyers. Unfortunately, the flyers also said the deal starts Sept. 7, so we'll have to wait until then for this to be widely excepted without a coupon.[/quote]

wouldn't the current deal be better then? if you trade in 2 and get a new game for $29.99, then you're only getting $20 off. whereas the current deal, you trade in 2 games and get $20 off plus trade in credit for the games. damn, i'm confused. no stores have opened around me yet (although they're listed on gamerush's website). otherwise, i'd just ask an employee. can anybody clarify this for me? thanks.

Well, the deal I saw on the flyer does let you use your trade in credit from the games toward the 29.99 preorder. But your right, the way these flyers were worded you would get a new game for 29.99 and not a new game with $20 off (which matters for games that retail for 39.99 or 29.99 - like Street Fighter Anniversary - but not for 49.99 retail games).

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']This is definately an official deal if anyone was still wondering. I went into a gamerush today and peeked over the counter and saw the official "Trade in 2 games get any preorder for 29.99" flyers. Unfortunately, the flyers also said the deal starts Sept. 7, so we'll have to wait until then for this to be widely excepted without a coupon.[/quote]

wouldn't the current deal be better then? if you trade in 2 and get a new game for $29.99, then you're only getting $20 off. whereas the current deal, you trade in 2 games and get $20 off plus trade in credit for the games. damn, i'm confused. no stores have opened around me yet (although they're listed on gamerush's website). otherwise, i'd just ask an employee. can anybody clarify this for me? thanks.[/quote]
The deal Dustin Echoes was talking about is the same as the current deal you're talking about. GameRush adds in the trade in credit everytime, or at least they have so far. So if you're one of the unlucky few who didn't get the coupon, like me, just wait til the 7th to take advantadge of this deal...

thanks for clearing it up dustin echoes and polobearjp :) theoretically, it's the same thing i guess since $29.99 is $20 off of $49.99. but oh well, that's a good thing b/c the deal is ongoing :p

I did the deal on 2 39.99 games (Kindom Under Fire and Silent Hill 4), so I guess it's YMMV. I assume there must be some restrictions, or else I could preorder the new ESPN NBA game (or any new ESPN game) for free and get credit.

My GamePro only had the 14.99 gamers pass as :(.

Glad to hear this will become a store promotion instead of just being a coupon. It sucks though that the instore deal will only be the same if you are pre-ordering a $49.99 game. Well I'm hoping to preorder Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2.

Latez,
Yoda

Man...

I looked in my EGM - no advert.

'Course... I don't have a GameRush, so I'm not suprised.

=/ Anybody know of a GameRush near central virginia?

Traded in
Full Spectrum Warrior~ $25
Spyhunter 2 ~$5
Coupon Credit~$20

Preordered Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory & paid the tax. Had to use the coupon.

The new OXM (the Halo 2 edition) has the coupon on page 21. 2 out of my local 3 Gamerushes are doing this deal w/o use of the coupon.

Also here's the code that is on the little slip that 2 of local Gamerushes have. It's the same as the one in the magazine though.

5610fz00043

I guess it couldn't hurt to try to give them the code. The Gamerush that didn't have the code said they were willing to do it if I brought the code in, but I'm already preordering somewhere else. If I go in there again I'll show him my OXM coupon, that way if you go to that Gamerush they can hand out the codes and do the deal.

So the deal should start without the coupon on the 7 and some GRs are doing it right now? I think I'm going to do this for Pikmin 2 with my coupon, and then wait untill I can do it without one to get about 6 other games that are coming out within the next few months. I'm going to be so happy.

Yes some GRs are doing it right now. Like I've mentioned before, I know at least 2 are doing it. I'm guessing they took the official magazine coupons and put the code on a piece of paper and then scanned and made hundreds of copies (there is a big fat stack of the preorder coupons and another fat stack of 3 for 4.99).

The two stores had 2 totally different style coupons even though it was the same deal (preorder deal), and one of the store's coupons it was easy to tell someone wrote and then scanned it. The other one looked like they typed it out and then scanned it. So this is definitely is up to whether or not your GR employees want to start it early or not. I've been preordering away and have 6 games now and have only used 1 of my 2 coupons, and I'm not looking to stop anytime soon. :twisted:

Soon my collection will be just preorders, and I think I'll be set for life (at least in terms of video games). Also I would be glad to try to upload images of one of the slips, if you think it would help.

i just went to the one in la habra, ca and they said i had to have a coupon for the $20 off. i only had one so i pre-ordered halo 2 ltd. edition. btw, this one just opened yesterday so the employees aren't that experienced with the computer system, etc.

long story short, i got halo 2 for $19 :p

warning to those going to la habra, the manager there is kind of hard to deal with. i'll post my story on the "gamerush, got it flaunt it" thread.

I just preordered Fable with the coupon and the guy told me that this promotion would not ever start without the coupon. If this promo does work on the 7th without the coupon, I'm going to have a few words to say to him. :boxing:

[quote name='ksuwild25']Yes some GRs are doing it right now. Like I've mentioned before, I know at least 2 are doing it. I'm guessing they took the official magazine coupons and put the code on a piece of paper and then scanned and made hundreds of copies (there is a big fat stack of the preorder coupons and another fat stack of 3 for 4.99).[/quote]
I know you said that one of the ones in Allen allows it without the coupon, is the other one in Allen too?

Nope, not that I know of. It sounds like once they get someone to bring in a coupon they might, but they are the farthest away out of the 3 so I normally don't go there. The 2nd one is in Mckinney, but I just went there Friday and said no more than 3 preorders at a time. I also asked if I could switch titles down the road, and they said no. The only way they will switch is if they find out that they won't be getting that preorder. They had problems putting in the code, and it took alot longer than my experience at the one in Allen.

Also they have Prince of Persia 2 for 39.99.

Well, the Viewitiful Joe(PS2) deal does not work at all. I suggest not even wasting your time like I did. Most stores are having a deal where you can trade 1 game in and get $10 off a preorder of $39.99 WITHOUT a coupon.

Well I stopped by the one off of McDermott and Alma in Allen and they had this deal written on the window. Wasn't really visable unless you stood right in front of it. Stupid me forgot to take my games with me tho so I'll hafta stop by there another time to preorder some games. Really want Halo 2 and Fable, thinking about MK Deception if they do indeed have the special edition and maybe X-Men Legends...

Oh yeah, and thanks for the heads up about them having the coupons all printed up there ksuwild25. I thought about signing up on the Halo tourney but I looked on there and about 18 people signed up, only 1 was out of his teenage years, not sure if I wanna be the 2nd or not... :?

I just traded in a game at one of my local GameRushes.

They had just received a new promotion... trade in 1 game, and get $20 off ANY game (preorder, pre-owned, or new). I had to ask him again to make sure I heard him right. (There were no promotional material on the desk for me to read it myself.)

Sure enough, I traded in one and finally placed a preorder for Halo 2, whereupon he opened a drawer and scanned whatever material was hiding inside, taking the $20 off.

Thus, it appears that magazine coupon is unnecessary. This deal is supposedly in effect until September 30.

[quote name='snowmizer']I just traded in a game at one of my local GameRushes.

They had just received a new promotion... trade in 1 game, and get $20 off ANY game (preorder, pre-owned, or new). I had to ask him again to make sure I heard him right. (There were no promotional material on the desk for me to read it myself.)

Sure enough, I traded in one and finally placed a preorder for Halo 2, whereupon he opened a drawer and scanned whatever material was hiding inside, taking the $20 off.

Thus, it appears that magazine coupon is unnecessary. This deal is supposedly in effect until September 30.[/quote]
Whoa, thats a really good deal! Where was this at??

bread's done
Back