GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

I ended up with over $800 in credit today; I thought about getting a PS3 for a split second. :)

Here's what I traded in:

DS
----------------------------
Mega Man ZX - $19
Hotel Dusk - $20.50
FF3 - $24.50
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - $19
Lunar Dragon Song - $10.50
New Super Mario Bros. - $20.50
Meteos - $10.50
Mario Kart DS - $19
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - $19
Kirby: Canvas Curse - $10.50 (probably should've kept it :()
Trauma Center - $15
Sonic Rush - $10.50
Phoenix Wright 1 (or 2?) - $15
Phoenix Wright 2 (or 1?) - $24.50
Pokemon Diamond - $24.50
Elite Beat Agents - $22.50 (wow)
Dragon Quest Slime - $12
Cooking Mama - $9.75
Castlevania: DoS - $15
Contact - $13.50
Castlevania: PoR - $24.50
Brain Age - $10.50
Big Brain Academy - $7.70
Advance Wars DS - $10.50
Animal Crossing: WW - $24

Wii
---------------------------------
Zelda - $38
Trauma Center - $38
Super Monkey Ball BB - $10.50 :)()

-----------------------------------
Phantasy Star Universe - $15
Saint's Row - $15
Call of Duty 2: GotY - $12.60
Call of Duty 3: Gold - $45
Gears of War CE - $42.60
Oblivion CE - $45
Marvel: UA - $45 (!)
N3 - $18
Perfect Dark - $9
DoA4 - $15
Smackdown vs. RAW 2k7 - $34
Tony Hawk P8 - $41
Splinter Cell - $13.50 :)()
GRAW1 - $15

Some of the games didn't have price quotes in the thread, so I thought this might help some people. My store only made me buy one game too (got DiRT). I'm pretty much set up for a good part of this console generation. Awesome, awesome deal.

EDIT: And since someone asked in PM, these prices are after the 50% bump of course. :)

When you buy the MVP card, do you actually get a card or is it just in the system? I didn't get anything physical when I bought it yesterday.

[quote name='Vendetta']I ended up with over $800 in credit today; I thought about getting a PS3 for a split second. :)

Here's what I traded in:

DS
Mega Man ZX - $19
Hotel Dusk - $20.50
FF3 - $24.50
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - $19
Lunar Dragon Song - $10.50
New Super Mario Bros. - $20.50
Meteos - $10.50
Mario Kart DS - $19
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - $19
Kirby: Canvas Curse - $10.50 (probably should've kept it :()
Trauma Center - $15
Sonic Rush - $10.50
Phoenix Wright 1 (or 2?) - $15
Phoenix Wright 2 (or 1?) - $24.50
Pokemon Diamond - $24.50
Elite Beat Agents - $22.50 (wow)
Dragon Quest Slime - $12
Cooking Mama - $9.75
Castlevania: DoS - $15
Contact - $13.50
Castlevania: PoR - $24.50
Brain Age - $10.50
Advance Wars DS - $10.50
Animal Crossing: WW - $24

Wii
---------------------------------
Zelda - $38
Trauma Center - $38
Super Monkey Ball BB - $10.50 :)()

-----------------------------------
Phantasy Star Universe - $15
Saint's Row - $15
Call of Duty 2: GotY - $12.60
Call of Duty 3: Gold - $45
Gears of War CE - $42.60
Oblivion CE - $45
Marvel: UA - $45 (!)
N3 - $18
Perfect Dark - $9
DoA4 - $15
Smackdown vs. RAW 2k7 - $34
Tony Hawk P8 - $41
Splinter Cell - $13.50 :)()
GRAW1 - $15

Some of the games didn't have price quotes in the thread, so I thought this might help some people. My store only made me buy one game too (got DiRT). I'm pretty much set up for a good part of this console generation. Awesome, awesome deal.[/quote]

Holy tit juice! I would have gotten a PS3 with that! Nice haul.

[quote name='neonglow']When you buy the MVP card, do you actually get a card or is it just in the system? I didn't get anything physical when I bought it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I got a plastic card.

[quote name='mith0s']Holy tit juice! I would have gotten a PS3 with that! Nice haul.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :) Part of me wants a PS3, but there really isn't anything out to warrant the $600 purchase. I'll probably get one if they design a smaller model sometime down the line and when some nice exclusives are out for the system.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Well, it seems like everyone is getting $10.50 for SMB, but I know the guys at my store will honor the ad.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Super Monkey Ball? What trade-in value is it supposed to be?

Wow $45 for Ultimate Alliance! That's more than what I paid for my copy. All my save files are corrupted, so now might be a good time to get rid of it.

[quote name='Vendetta']I ended up with over $800 in credit today; I thought about getting a PS3 for a split second. :)

Here's what I traded in:

DS

EDIT: And since someone asked in PM, these prices are after the 50% bump of course. :)[/QUOTE]

Quite a haul there. It looks like you might have gotten very slightly screwed because that price is a regular MVP-type price. It should have been $10.50 after the 50% ($7.70 looks like a 10% MVP boost on $7). Possibly they just didn't scan the coupon code for that one game, which is understandable considering the huge load of games you brought in.

Of course you more than made up for that with the fact that you only had to buy [highlight]ONE[/highlight] game, and not [highlight]TWENTY-ONE[/highlight] games like my local store would have made me buy if I went in with all those :roll:.

Anyway, you had many new prices for the wiki and they are all in there now ;).

[quote name='io']Quite a haul there. It looks like you might have gotten very slightly screwed because that price is a regular MVP-type price. It should have been $10.50 after the 50% ($7.70 looks like a 10% MVP boost on $7). Possibly they just didn't scan the coupon code for that one game, which is understandable considering the huge load of games you brought in.

Of course you more than made up for that with the fact that you only had to buy [highlight]ONE[/highlight] game, and not [highlight]TWENTY-ONE[/highlight] games like my local store would have made me buy if I went in with all those :roll:.

Anyway, you had many new prices for the wiki and they are all in there now ;).[/QUOTE]

Doh! Oh well, three bucks isn't worth going back there. Needless to say I was really relieved when my GC wasn't one of the lame ones like yours, making people buy a game for every two games traded in considering the volume I brought. :) Really sucks for you though dude. It's nice getting in on a deal like this though; there are a bunch of local Fry's deals I missed out on because there isn't one remotely close to me.

EDIT: I asked the clerk if the credit would ever expire, and he said they didn't. I just checked the receipt though, and it says store credits are only valid for six months, like what some others in the thread have reported. Barring the use of a loophole like using the credit and returning everything to make the credit good for another six months, it seems like I may be getting a PS3 sooner than later.

Wait and see if the new PS3 model comes out before Christmas....unless you actually really want a backwards compatible PS3.

I got RE4 Wii version and Odin Sphere today :)

Alright, I ended up going to the GC down the road from me and they had the deal going, and I only had to buy one game (GRAW2 for $39.99) when I traded in 11 of my games.

All after bonus:

Prey $15
Saint's Row $13.80
Quake 4 $12
Crackdown $27
King Kong $10.50
Just Cause $34.10 :O!
Test Drive Unlimited $16.56
Call of Duty 3 $45
Gears of War $42.68
Perfect Dark Zero: LE $11.63
Hotel Dusk $20.46

I walked out with a copy of GRAW 2 for 360 which was $39.99, a completely payed off The Darkness (360) preorder ($59.99), and a gift card with $145.99 left on it. Greatest deal ever! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Maybe I should've gotten a Wii with all my credit.. hmm.. they even had 2 in stock. Ah well, GRAW2 and TD look pretty amazing. As does that $146 left over. :D

[quote name='freshzen']Wait and see if the new PS3 model comes out before Christmas....unless you actually really want a backwards compatible PS3.

I got RE4 Wii version and Odin Sphere today :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll probably do that. Even if the console flops, it'll at least serve as a bluray player, which seems to be the victor in the format war. I really hope this credit doesn't expire, like the clerk said, although it conflicts with what's printed at the bottom of the receipt.

I really should've traded in my PS2/XBOX/GC games when deals like this were around for them. I think I've missed the boat on those platforms.

My experience was not that fun but I ended up happy. At first I was told I had to buy a new current gen game with the trade-in. I argued then had to wait several minutes while he looked it up and then he called his superiors and he said used was ok. Then, I asked if I could get a preorder with the credit and if reviews came out bad switch it to a different preorder. Another several minutes and call to his superiors and he said it was ok. But then I decided that may end up being a hassle later so I just bought a used 360 game. So here's what I ended up with:

(after 50% extra)
Fear: 34.10
Test drive unlimited: 18
smackdown v raw: 34.10
Call of duy 3: 45

So about $130 credit on a gift card minus the $10 I had to spend on the used 360 game. Anyways, I have about enough to buy 2 new games. He did say it should be w/ in 6 months. I basically got back about the amount I initally paid for the games since I bought them on fleabay.

traded in:

yoshi touch and go-ds-$10.50
metroid prime hunters ds-$15.38
tony hawk american wasteland ds-$6.75
star wars episode 3 ds-$8.25
frogger ds-$7.88
tmnt ds-$9.00
live arcade unplugged xbox 360-$27.27
gears of war xbox 360-$40.91
smackdown vs. raw 2007 xbox 360-$34.10
call of duty 3 x 2 xbox 360-$90
marvel ultimate alliance xbox 360-$45
need for speed carbon xbox 360-$34.10

$329.14 credit

with the credit, i bought:

pokemon diamond ds-$34.99
pokemon pearl ds-$34.99
guitar hero 2 xbox 360-$89.99
super paper mario wii-$49.99
mario party 8 wii-$49.99

still have $11 credit

Trying to compile some good flips with this deal...

Live Arcade Unplugged - Xbox 360 - $27.27 (20 at most places)

DOA X2 - Xbox 360 - $37.50 (~20 at most places)

Shit...Im lazy.

[quote name='CaoPi']hey DOA X2 is going to be 9.99 at TRU and trades in a whooping 37.50 damn!!![/QUOTE]
Where do you see that in the TRU drop thread? The only 360 games listed are:

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
Rumble Roses XX

i went to 2 different GCs today. within 15 miles of my house, so it wasn't a huge deal. traded in a pretty big stack of DS games and a couple 360 games.

store1: walked away with preorders paid in full for halo3 and mass effect and a gift card with store credit on it. when i walked in, i was planning on using credit to buy guitar hero 2, viva pinata, and burnout revenge... but it didn't quite work out that way. i only did the preorders because the guy knew that i was only supposed to be able to trade in 2 games, but since he did me a favor and let me trade in that huge stack, i returned the favor for him.

store2: i was only able to trade in 2 360 games. they were adamant about the 2 games and having to buy a game right then and there, but they told me it could be a used game. picked up viva pinata new and got the rest on a giftcard.

i'm tempted to go around to the bestbuys around here (a couple of those close by too) to find some games to flip, but i think that i should just be happy with what i got - and i am. i don't want to get too greedy and have this blow up in my face.

[quote name='icruise']Where do you see that in the TRU drop thread? The only 360 games listed are:

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
Rumble Roses XX[/quote]

I think I misread Rumble Roses as DOA X :lol:

but I traded in Ashtonisha Story today for PSP got 15 for it sweet! Also they said they couldn't put my trade in value on a GIFT Card, only use in current store which you trade in at... which blows guess this is YMMV

[quote name='icruise']Where do you see that in the TRU drop thread? The only 360 games listed are:

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
Rumble Roses XX[/quote]

but I traded in Ashtonisha Story today for PSP got 15 for it sweet! Also they said they couldn't put my trade in value on a GIFT Card, only use in current store which you trade in at... which blows guess this is YMMV

[quote name='CaoPi']I think I misread Rumble Roses as DOA X :lol:

but I traded in Ashtonisha Story today for PSP got 15 for it sweet! Also they said they couldn't put my trade in value on a GIFT Card, only use in current store which you trade in at... which blows guess this is YMMV[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe that Rumble Roses trades in for +$30 and will be $9.99, I'll check it ou.

Astonisha Story for the PSP is $9.99 at Bestbuy and $4.99 with a coupon, I might pick up a few copies for a profit.

Sucks about the credit, I hope the people at my store are understanding.

Rumble Roses will not trade for that much - Scorch, back me up!

Wiki updated to this point...

Just called a local SoCal GC...they said NO exclusions (asked specifically about Madden 07) as long as you bought one NEW game for EVERY pair you traded in.

I know it's YMMV, but just wanted to give people the heads up.

Well I'm in: Traded the following

Live Arcade: 27.27
Kameo 15
Over G fighters 34.10

DS

Snood 2 9.75
Ridge Racer 9
Polarium 9
Feel the Magic 7.50
Cartoon Network Racing 10.50

PSP

DarkStalkers 12.50
Popolocrois 15
Harry Potter GOF 9.75

I bought the the MVP card (Free magazine included) as a favour to the clerk as he left the 2 game thing slide, ,and bought Gears of War, with 75$ bucks left over (he wouldn't let me preorder a game) and those bastards at microsoft didn't send me my promised copy of Gears (After waiting 6 weeks for a replacement 360), they are sending me a wireless controller instead, so now I need to trade in my 3 360 games to EB and let the flipping begin :)

[quote name='io']Rumble Roses will not trade for that much - Scorch, back me up!

Wiki updated to this point...[/quote]

6 if you're lucky.

Alright you lazy cheap asses, i've got a shift in the morning, make me a laundry list full of shit you want trade values for! I will be giving the non-bonus value, what the value SHOULD be if they don't have an abundance of titles. For instance, we give $11 for GoW2 because we have 8 copies of it.. normally goes for 20-something.

Anyone know how much Loco Roco trades in for?

I saw it for $9.99 at Bestbuy and I had a coupon in hand, so for $4.99 each I had to pick up two copies.

[quote name='Gotran']Anyone know how much Loco Roco trades in for?

I saw it for $9.99 at Bestbuy and I had a coupon in hand, so for $4.99 each I had to pick up two copies.[/quote]

IIRC, 7 or 8 before bonus.

can i get prices for:

Me and My Katamari PSP
Samurai Warriors PSP
THP8 PS3
FF III DS
SOCOM 2 PSP
Death Jr. 2 PSP
Lunar Knights DS
Sonic Rush DS
Viewtiful Joe DS

thanks in advance.

[quote name='Vendetta']Are you talking about Super Monkey Ball? What trade-in value is it supposed to be?[/quote]
Well, a couple of people have said they're getting $10.50 after the %50, but an in-store flyer says SMB:BB gets 16.53 before MVP, so after 50%, you're looking at $25.

I'll just show them the ad when I trade it in.

I'd like to know:

Elite Beat Agents
Etrian Oddyssey
Phoenix Wright (both versions)
Super Princess Peach
Yoshi's Island DS

Also, do you HAVE to get a new game? That's what I'm being told by one person, although I bet I could find a different cashier who would give me credit. Doesn't really matter to me, as I'll be getting PBR, I'm just curious.

[quote name='Scorch']6 if you're lucky.

Alright you lazy cheap asses, i've got a shift in the morning, make me a laundry list full of shit you want trade values for! I will be giving the non-bonus value, what the value SHOULD be if they don't have an abundance of titles. For instance, we give $11 for GoW2 because we have 8 copies of it.. normally goes for 20-something.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Id print out that TRU clearance list and see if anything jumps out at you

Dave

Bought COD Wii for $27 w/tax, Bust a Move for $11 w/tax, LocoRoco for $11 w/tax and brought SM64DS from home (got it free with my DS.) Flipped 'em in for $85 in credit, making a sweet $36. Thanks OP!

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Do you get any discount for buying games when you have a mvp card?

I just found a gamecrazy an hour away so I was curious.[/QUOTE]
10% off on used games, I believe.

Went in today with the intention of trading...

iconxbox360.gif

COD 3
Lost Planet

NBA Street HC
Madden 07

Mind you, when I called 30 minutes prior they told me that there were NO exclusions but I did have to purchase a NEW game for every pair I traded in for the 50%.

The plan was to pick up DiRT and GRAW 2 with the left over credit put on a card.

When I get there, the clerk knows about the deal but when he goes to ring me up he has to read from the coupon sheet...and sure enough he tells me that the Madden and NBA games won't fly. I fucking love Gamecrazy staff that do that to you... They don't have DiRT in stock anyway so I give him Lost Planet + COD3 to put towards GRAW 2 and the rest on a GC.

After bonus both COD3 and LP netted $45 each...is this right? I was only expecting ~27 from LP...

Either way, walked out happy!

Following is what I got at the Fenton, MO (St. Louis area) GC. As I walked in, the shift/assistant manager greated me with: "Oh, it's you; the guy that's always on top of everything." [One of the guys under him argued with me that Shadowrun was going to have single player beyond bots when I told him it wasn't, and this was 2 weeks before release. Also I come in everytime Scorch posts some type of deal.]

After 50% bonus:
Outfit $10.50
Rumble Roses XX $7.50
World Series of Poker: TOC $15
Enchanted Arms $21

This stuff was without 50% bonus but with MVP:
Yugioh WC 2007 DS $15 (Yeah I know this would of been with the deal but I couldn't find another 360 game I wanted to get rid of.)
SC III $7.70
GTA: LCS PS2 $7.39
Tomb Raider Anniversary $14 (Bought this at BB for $20 before 360 version was official and after the Shipwreck's review of being bad graphically despite progressive scan decided to go with 360 version.)

Total Credit of $98.09. Bought Forza 2 new and Shadowrun used for only $7.41 out of pocket. Thanks a bunch Scorch, you're the fuck man!

I just went to my local GC and apparantly there a memo out that says you NEED the MVP card in order to take advantage of the deal. I called another CG to confirm this and at first she said I didn't need the card but then she went to double check a memo and confirmed that you do need a card. So BAIT AND SWITCH I say. I didn' trade in any of my games. I only had 2 games which were WWE SVR 07 for 360 and Guilty Gear for PSP. Would have ended with somewhere around $50 in credit after the bonus but I would have needed to buy a $20 card for that to happen.

I argued with the employee because it took like 15 minutes for me to even get in the front of the line with only 2 other customers in the store and 2 employees working as well. Then he goes to try and sell me a fuckin bs card. I asked where in the ad did it say I needed a card to take advantage of the deal and this is his reply. "It's right next to this" (points to the MVP promo on the ad). Then I asked him what's the point of theMVP card because it soesn't stack with the 10% and it stil doesn't say anywhere on the ad that I needed the card, even at what he pointed at, and he gave the anwser that any employee will give you when you stump them. "well this is what I've been told." I asked to talk to the manager on duty and he said he was but it said "game advisor" on his lanyard and the other guy was obviously the manager because he was telling him to do everything. the other guy kept telling him to run disc through their resurfacer for the two people in front of me and the dude broke the machine. I just left because I was about to break some of those glass cases wih his head. Waste of time. I only go in there maybe 7 times a year and but something from them even less and it's because of crap like this.

BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!!

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Well, a couple of people have said they're getting $10.50 after the %50, but an in-store flyer says SMB:BB gets 16.53 before MVP, so after 50%, you're looking at $25.

I'll just show them the ad when I trade it in.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to call tomorrow about that. That's a $15 difference right there.

Uh oh, gamecrazy pulling the bullshit need the overpriced $20 card thing.

PSP
Death Jr. 2
Me And My Katamari
Samurai Warriors
Socom 2

PS3
Tony Hawk's Project 8

DS
Elite Beat Agents
Etrian Odyssey
Final Fantasy 3
Lunar Knights
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sonic Rush
Super Princess Peach
Viewtiful Joe
Yoshi's Island

This is the current list I have for tomorrow ^^ please continue adding titles up through 7am cst.

just went to my local GC and apparantly there a memo out that says you NEED the MVP card in order to take advantage of the deal. I called another CG to confirm this and at first she said I didn't need the card but then she went to double check a memo and confirmed that you do need a card. So BAIT AND SWITCH I say.
Man, they hustle you guys out west. MVP card isn't needed, there isn't even a block of that type in the system (meaning when I scan the 50% barcode, nothing will pop up that says "0mgee customer is not teh mvp no dice". A decision like that is either a district or a manager thing. I know of a manager in my district that is very strict on trade-ins, he won't even take trades sometimes unless they have an MVP card, it's ridiculous.

I'll have to call tomorrow about that. That's a $15 difference right there.

Won't fly. At the bottom, it says the prices are subject to change without notice (meaning if the price drops, so does the trade value). I still don't know why it's so low, though. Even if it resells at 34.99, I would expect at least $14 in credit.

Trades after 50%
Cube-Ultimate Spider man 6.99 (MVP 10% only)
Cube-Odama 16.50(MVP 10% only)
DS-Meteos 10.50
DS-Mr. Driller 7.50
X360-Just Cause 34.10
X360-Live Arcade 2x 27.27
PSP-Armored Core 21.00
Total=151.13

Forced to buy new games to get 50%(3 seperate transactions). What I got.
Odin Sphere
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Wii component cables
Wii remote
Mario Party 8
Tekken5 Bundle(arcade stick)
Out of pocket after credits=$64

I decide that after reading reviews I didn't want Mario Party8 and Wii remote. So I go to a store closer to where I live to return those items and they apply $97.26 back to my Mastercard even after I told them I used credit for part of the transaction.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I thought the card was $14.99[/QUOTE]

Nope, $20. Trust me. I pointed out to him that if i were to buy the card I would actually lose money after the trade.

I thikb EB/GS is $15.

bread's done
Back