GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neverwinter Nights Complete is on sale again for 8.98.

Has anyone tested it on Windows 7 64 bit?. Description says it doesn't run on 64 bits systems, so it would be really good to know for sure
It says it has "Other DRM" on there for Gamersgate.

What's the "Other DRM"?

Only things I am really missing are NWN1: Kingmaker pack + any of the Premium mods after Kingmaker pack + NWN2: Westgate.

It does work, but I did have to run NWN1 as admin.  As far as other DRM is concerned, I think it's just the CD keys.  I was sent cd keys in the library portion of GG.

Bought Magicka near launch, and still haven't played the damn game.

I only have the base game on my steam account, and I beat it singleplayer.

I think I have another Magicka + small pile of DLC from an Amazon Bundle last year... but I just haven't thought of going back to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt2 and Grid is on sale for $3.75 ... again.
And you feel that's good enough reason to bump the thread?
For the indecisive, third time's the charm.
And those people should be stuffed into the tire-cushions when spoder's driving.

E29_F6_F02_B46_C64_B98_B0_AE40_F6_B0_FE1694_D6_A7517.jpg

I noticed their emails now spell out the next four days or so worth of Daily Deals.  Let's me get all my disappointment out at one time which really makes it easier to schedule.

Doom 3 BFG for only $15 on Wednesday, everyone!

Operation Flashpoint any good as a single player?
Decent, but infinitely better with some co-op partners. Unfortunately my current rig can barely run them, otherwise I'd offer to join you on the battlefield. Next time, Gadget, next time...

I played an op flashpoint back then (can't remember which one) and was really good. I'll buy it

Edit: Just bought it. Apparently, I have to wait 9 minutes for my keys... "in case you want to gift the games"... Or is there something I'm missing??

I played an op flashpoint back then (can't remember which one) and was really good. I'll buy it

Edit: Just bought it. Apparently, I have to wait 9 minutes for my keys... "in case you want to gift the games"... Or is there something I'm missing??
That's the usual GG procedure, yes.

I really enjoyed Dragon Rising. It's got a slower pace and is much more tactical than your run of the mill shooter.  Even if Red River stinks I would say it's worth a fiver for both games. Thinking I'll just get Red River since it's been on my wish list for forever.

That's the usual GG procedure, yes.
But it wasn't before... must be new

I really enjoyed Dragon Rising. It's got a slower pace and is much more tactical than your run of the mill shooter....
THAT is what I like about that game... I just love tactical games

I'm bleedin sick of the slackassing at GG.. They used to update the daily pretty promptly, usually in under 10 minutes after midnight PDT... now it's al lissez faire. I just want see if they goof it so I can get to sleep.

I'm bleedin sick of the slackassing at GG.. They used to update the daily pretty promptly, usually in under 10 minutes after midnight PDT.
And get it wrong 70% of the time. Better for them to take their time these days, I guess.

I'm totally selfish though. Before I didn't care if they ran themselves into the ground giving me 97% off errors. Now I need them to stay solvent through 2013 so I can use my 20% discount. After that, they'll be dead to me again ;)

Is FUEL worth it? I got a little dissapointed with GRID.
I'm surprised to learn that you're disappointed with GRID, without knowing why you're disappointed with GRID, it's hard to say. (I love GRID.) Imo, for $2-$2.50 FUEL isn't going to be much a loss if you don't like it.

I got disappointed with the car physics. The cars have weird unnatural ways of responding in almost every races events, the best part is the drifting which you can have more control over the car reactions.

My main question regarding FUEL is, is it pretty with all the mods and stuff? 

Refueled says it works with the FUEL demo, so you can try it for yourself.

Re: GRID... perhaps you were driving with assists on?  Assists usually screw with the handling/feel... sometimes they achieve a nice balance (iirc GRID is one of the better ones in this regard)... sometimes assists feel downright awful.

I got disappointed with the car physics. The cars have weird unnatural ways of responding in almost every races events, the best part is the drifting which you can have more control over the car reactions.

My main question regarding FUEL is, is it pretty with all the mods and stuff?
It depends on if you like track racing or offroad racing better.

if you don't like GRID, you probably won't like FUEL since GRID is considered to be better than FUEL overall.

FUEL has the biggest map ever, but everywhere looks the same.

I usually play racing games with assists off but in GRID i've tried it with assists off/on, either way it just feels your trying to drive a 10t truck in a race track. This apart from the fact when someone hits you your car gets glued to the other.

I like the physics better on Dirt 2 or 3 but i feel PC is missing a great sim for ages now.

FUEL is arcadey... and you can even turn a buggy while mid air.  MX vs ATV has better physics.

The graphics are passable... nothing special (not as sharp as Dirt 2/GRID).

As far as PC sim-ish racers...

there's a few subscription ones (e.g. iRacing)

non-subscription:

F1 2012

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Test Drive Ferrari Legends

rFactor 2

nkPro

Race 07 (and various expansions/stand-alone expansions)

(not at all a complete list, just off the top of my head)

I've got F1 2012 and like all the predecessors doesn't disappoint in my opinion.

I'm waiting to snag TDU2 for a cheap price, i've passed on Ferrari Legends because from what i've read is a bit repetitive and only appeals for the cars.

I have a problem with racing games because i'm always comparing it to GT, since it was my first true racing game, so it will always be missing something.

Btw, sorry for this bit of off topic.

I've got F1 2012 and like all the predecessors doesn't disappoint in my opinion.

I'm waiting to snag TDU2 for a cheap price, i've passed on Ferrari Legends because from what i've read is a bit repetitive and only appeals for the cars.

I have a problem with racing games because i'm always comparing it to GT, since it was my first true racing game, so it will always be missing something.

Btw, sorry for this bit of off topic.
^_^

I picked up TDRFL for $7.50 from Amazon a few weeks back. I felt it was totally worth it for me. It plays much better with my G27 than controller. Imo, there are two things to like about TDFRL... dipping back into the legacy cars, and the tracks. I can see sim purists knocking it's physics model. Personally I like the whole spectrum from arcade to sim -- all I ask is a reasonable physics model for your target point and a challenge... I don't (generally) like 1st-placing tracks/races on my first attempt.

TDU2 has been $5 on Amazon a couple/few times in the last year. Totally worth it. A good deal at the more common $10 sale price. It's huge and open world. The physics model (with all assists off) straddles a nice line between arcade and sim and is enjoyable with both controller and wheel. The (MMO-ish) single-player online mode is nice. (It has a full offline mode as well.) Just FYI, the steam version doesn't do steam-patching or have steam achieves (kinda MMO-ish in that respect)... so imo, not much reason to prefer to the Steam version.

TDU2 has been $5 on Amazon a couple/few times in the last year. Totally worth it. A good deal at the more common $10 sale price. It's huge and open world. The physics model (with all assists off) straddles a nice line between arcade and sim and is enjoyable with both controller and wheel. The (MMO-ish) single-player online mode is nice. (It has a full offline mode as well.) Just FYI, the steam version doesn't do steam-patching or have steam achieves (kinda MMO-ish in that respect)... so imo, not much reason to prefer to the Steam version.
Do you think TDU2 would still be worth it at 5-10 if the servers go down? Since atari is gone seems like that is a good chance, but really I dont care about online racing stuff, just like a nice big open world like NFSMW, burnout, etc. From the steam forums on it though it seems like they all think thats the only good part of the game so would be good to hear a non-steam forum opinion

I almost gave in TDRFL for the $7.50 because i'm a sucker for those cars but i decided to put it on hold, at least i want to get TDU2 first and then i can think about the other one. I only use a controller or the keyboard if i'm in a lazy mood which is most of the time. I can't get used to driving wheels, i played on a G25 two years ago and didn't like how the steering felt. It was the first time i tried and only played 3 mins, i think i was expecting the feel to be like driving my car ツ 

Maybe it takes a bit of time to get used to it. In fairness i never saw no one complain about the G25 or G27.

Arcade or sim i like 'em both, i just mentioned GRID maybe because of the hype i saw people talking about it and i was expecting to be another thing but i'm still playing it.

TDU2 is awesome for just cruising around and buy houses Sims style. $5 is the price i'm waiting for TDU2. I don't mind having the non-Steam DRM all i want is to have the game download available online. Since there is no patch for Steam versions and the achievements are useless anyways, i will be better off with Amazon.

Yes, I still think TDU2 is still worth $5-$10 after the servers go down.

Because:

1. The physics (all assist off) and tracks are great.
  2. TDU2 has two huge maps
  3. Maybe you care about sims-lite type collecting.  (I'm really all about the racing.)

...keyboard /cringe.

I like my G27... I like my DS3 controller too.  It takes some adjustment playing on a wheel.  (Mind you, I drive a stick IRL.)  My biggest complaint on most wheel setups I see people using are their pedals are basically under their wheel -- truck style, not speedy-car style.  (I learned to drive on a truck, the difference is enormous to me.)  (Logitech has a better shifter.  Fantech has fancier pedals (attractive to me).  I believe Fanech's wheels have a slight edge being belt-driven, however the G27 @ $200 (sale price) is a far better deal... until I can afford the space for a proper seat (liberated dead weight from a moving vehicle), I'm sticking with my G27.

In most games i play i always choose the same type of cars either toyota, mitsubishi or nissan so i having lots of cars doesn't make a big difference.

The G25 was on a playseat from a GT5 prologue campaign at that time so the pedals were where they suppose to be. (And everyone here drives stick :D )

I play with the keyboard and for most games and it's fine for the first 2 hours. For me the driving wheels prices are not worth it for the minimal time difference you get when racing with a controller pad and the main problem of driving wheels is the lack of 'weight' you get, making the turning too fast and not progressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back