GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TR DLC is on sale, which is worth mentioning since it's the first time I can recall the DLC itself being on sale.   Got the single-player DLC for under $1 in blue-coins.

$23.80 for tomb raider collection (includes new tomb raider 2013) http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-TRC/tomb-raider-collection-bundle
Nice deal, for those who can't wait...

I can wait, though...

Also worth noting - LCATGOL is not in that pack.

Tempting... However 75% off will put Steam's TR collection at $17.50 (And this is Squeenix, so if not in summer then by winter or sooner.)
Might be worth waiting for THAT deal - or maybe better. ;)

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is $11.99 but can be had for $7.36 via UK site with 20% Beth/BL2 discount. Officially slightly cheaper than Amazon's price for those still wanting it.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DSPDE/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition

Note: Not sure if this is new but you can't buy blue coins in $1 denominations anymore, the minimum is $5.

Also MSRP is still $39.95 on GG and most other places are $29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is $11.99 but can be had for $7.36 via UK site with 20% Beth/BL2 discount. Officially slightly cheaper than Amazon's price for those still wanting it.

Note: Not sure if this is new but you can't buy blue coins in $1 denominations anymore, the minimum is $5.
Not too bad... but still not the $5 I'm waiting for. :whistle2:?

Well, that's lame. Obviously they did it so you'll have more money tied up in BC and more loose change that makes you say "Well, I may as well use this" but being able to top off your account was nice. First cutting off coupons for BCs and now this -- jeers to GamersGate!

So this requires Steam and GFWL, the GFWL isn't region restricted, right?

Thanks for the heads-up on that. Wow, that's lame. I understand why they did it, but it means that we have to plan our blue coin purchases more carefully now if we want to use them all without putting in extra money.

Dark Souls is actually cheaper now if you're using US dollars.  They made it 66% off a lower base.

$10.19 (US site), a few pennies more expensive on the UK site.

$9.68 with elder-geek.com code or $8.16 if you're a 20%er.

Dark Souls is actually cheaper now if you're using US dollars. They made it 66% off a lower base.

$10.19 (US site), a few pennies more expensive on the UK site.

$9.68 with elder-geek.com code or $8.16 if you're a 20%er.
Sorry for the ignorance, but what's a 20%er and how does one become one?

Some customers who were part of a big pricing fiasco during the winter sale received a one-year 20% discount on their GG purchases. Enough CAG people were affected that it's somewhat standard to just list both prices and save people the math.

I was too disappointed to post that. I'm interested in it, just not $20 interested in it... ($16 for me, but I'm cranky and patient, I've got a rich selection of racers atm, and other high quality backlog.)
Yeah, it was not cheap enough to suit me.

Is that the best price it has been so far?

At least by posting it - we know that we can always re-check what prices it has been before w/ the Search function. :D

I doubt a WIC3 search will generate tons of hits here. ;)

Agree. I paid $7.5 (amazon) after a lot of waiting, and regret not buying it before. It's worth every penny. Just buy it
I got when Tony (Amazon DVG) had it for $20 last year, around the time of my B-Day.

I got over 70+ hours w/ this game - and I ain't close to done.

I've made my way to Sen's Fortress.

Game's awesome, tough, frustrating, downright brutal, and can be very rewarding,.

Some customers who were part of a big pricing fiasco during the winter sale received a one-year 20% discount on their GG purchases. Enough CAG people were affected that it's somewhat standard to just list both prices and save people the math.
Ahhh... Thanks for the explanation! BTW, for anyone interested, the elder-geek.com code does not work for Dark Souls. But $.50 is nothing to cry about.

I got when Tony (Amazon DVG) had it for $20 last year, around the time of my B-Day.

I got over 70+ hours w/ this game - and I ain't close to done.

I've made my way to Sen's Fortress.

Game's awesome, tough, frustrating, downright brutal, and can be very rewarding,.
The game is huge, and you want to find it all and take the best decisions (you can't get back, have to live with it).

I don't find it frustrating, it's hard, brutally hard, but they did it so good, the rewarding system is great, the balance is perfect, I really don't know how they did it. I readed about it, but there is no review or gameplay video that can make you understand that satisfaction. You have to play it to understand the feeling.

And don't make me start talking about the atmosphere... so good and consistent... you can breath the world, you can feel the pain... and you can ignore it or be part of it (barely reminds me of Planescape, don't know why). There are few games with that "touch". I'm not talking about myself liking the creepy world, but the developers taking a decision and keeping it through the game. One can develop a game beign fun, creepy, vivid... but producing a game that manages to keep that consistency through the entire gameplay is very hard.

I think Dark Souls is a masterpiece

The game is huge, and you want to find it all and take the best decisions (you can't get back, have to live with it).

I don't find it frustrating, it's hard, brutally hard, but they did it so good, the rewarding system is great, the balance is perfect, I really don't know how they did it. I readed about it, but there is no review or gameplay video that can make you understand that satisfaction. You have to play it to understand the feeling.

And don't make me start talking about the atmosphere... so good and consistent... you can breath the world, you can feel the pain... and you can ignore it or be part of it (barely reminds me of Planescape, don't know why). There are few games with that "touch". I'm not talking about myself liking the creepy world, but the developers taking a decision and keeping it through the game. One can develop a game beign fun, creepy, vivid... but producing a game that manages to keep that consistency through the entire gameplay is very hard.

I think Dark Souls is a masterpiece
There could more character interaction and storytelling. It's seriously oldschool, complete with minimal story and hours and hours of slogging through enemies and death. The enemies and death is done perfectly, sure, but the story and character interaction is bare bones.

And I can say some things ARE frustrating. Tomb of the Giants probably purposely doesn't have a bonfire before it, so you have to muck all the way through the Catacombs, past the pinwheel skeleton room, and then into Tomb of the Giants where it makes you slide down (no return back up) straight into two giant skeletons on a tiny ledge in pitch blackness.

That said, that's the only troll situation I've come across so far in Dark Souls. The game is indeed a masterpiece, but it still has obvious flaws.

There could more character interaction and storytelling. It's seriously oldschool, complete with minimal story and hours and hours of slogging through enemies and death. The enemies and death is done perfectly, sure, but the story and character interaction is bare bones.

And I can say some things ARE frustrating. Tomb of the Giants probably purposely doesn't have a bonfire before it, so you have to muck all the way through the Catacombs, past the pinwheel skeleton room, and then into Tomb of the Giants where it makes you slide down (no return back up) straight into two giant skeletons on a tiny ledge in pitch blackness.

That said, that's the only troll situation I've come across so far in Dark Souls. The game is indeed a masterpiece, but it still has obvious flaws.
Yeah, you're right. I can remember a couple of frustrations I had... just like the one you mention

I really like that lack of character interaction and storytelling on this game. I think It's part of it, they make it that way. They fill that gap with the atmosphere and make it part of the whole experience. The feeling of solitude and despair are so huge it hurts. Yes, it's oldschool, but also another kind of experience, is... different... and unique. As you said, It's not perfect, has it's flaws, but is a masterpiece :)

I hope they don't get far from it with Dark Souls 2... but also hope they don't get repetitive. More of the same won't be bad, but I sincerely hope they can surprise me again

Yeah, you're right. I can remember a couple of frustrations I had... just like the one you mention

I really like that lack of character interaction and storytelling on this game. I think It's part of it, they make it that way. They fill that gap with the atmosphere and make it part of the whole experience. The feeling of solitude and despair are so huge it hurts. Yes, it's oldschool, but also another kind of experience, is... different... and unique. As you said, It's not perfect, has it's flaws, but is a masterpiece :)

I hope they don't get far from it with Dark Souls 2... but also hope they don't get repetitive. More of the same won't be bad, but I sincerely hope they can surprise me again
I don't mind the "lost" feeling that it adds, I just think it could have kept you in the dark well enough while still making things a little more involved. The storyline of the game is literally "You're undead, there's some legend about ringing the bell, so yeah, go do that!" It's cool and all, I like the story, there's just room for improvement.

I hope Dark Souls 2 hits it out of the park.

It wasn't until my fourth playthrough that I realized one can drop down through the catacombs. Can get back to the wheely skelingtons in less than a minute, and back to the slide in two!

39221306.jpg

Ahhh... Thanks for the explanation! BTW, for anyone interested, the elder-geek.com code does not work for Dark Souls. But $.50 is nothing to cry about.
<ponders about crying her way to extra savings>

I don't mind the "lost" feeling that it adds, I just think it could have kept you in the dark well enough while still making things a little more involved. The storyline of the game is literally "You're undead, there's some legend about ringing the bell, so yeah, go do that!" It's cool and all, I like the story, there's just room for improvement.

I hope Dark Souls 2 hits it out of the park.
Now I got your point. You're right, didn't though about it. I even forgot about the bell because how immersed I was in the gameplay and atmosphere xD

Agree, they should improve that on DS2

I don't like how they took away the 1$ worth blue coins.. it helped a lot to us users to save moneyz, now I'm probably going to have a lot of BC remains in the store.. always.

;)

iW3Piiz.png

Just removing link isn't enough...

Edit: Too bad they don't let pay BlueCoins with Bluecoins...

GG Version of Sacred 2 Gold is DRM-FREE.

Steam Version of Sacred 2 Gold has Steam-DRM (confirmed, requires steam to play, game application file is different than the DRM-FREE version).

MUD FIM needs a stacking 75% discount.  Reviews really slammed it (hard to put stock in most racing reviews since the "professional" reviewers are rarely racing fans).  DRM, but no client.

I would not be offended if GG lightened up on the racing game daily deals for a little bit.

No offense, Ashes.
You're so mean! :cry:

Wait - Ashes plays more games than just Racing Games? ;)
I occasionally indulge in other forms of twitch gaming... some fighting games (e.g. Fairy Bloom Freesia, Shank, ... )... shumps... pinball. :joystick:

I tried playing The Path yesterday... and failed the first level. ...not as embarrassing as being pwn'd by the second clinic in Dr. Daisy Pet Vet.

Racing games and boyfriend sims
twitch

MUD was in an Amazon bundle that included Ridge Racer and Ace Combat for $15, iirc, and people were trying to offload the Steam keys for $3-4 because it was the least desirable title in there. Shame on anyone who buys this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back