GameRush Deals Thread- $0.99 Retro Games and other new deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

$0.99 Retro Games!

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are 99 cents. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price.

All New Games $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

I will update the rest of the new deals that are starting 2/1/05 when they arrive.

PAST DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks Zon27.

As of 01/25/05.

$35
Mech Assault 2
Mercenaries
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars KOTOR 2
The Getaway: Black Monday

$30
Def Jam Fight for NY
Fable
Goldeneye: RA
Grand Theft Auto SA
Halo 2
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mortal Kombat Deception
Pikmin 2
Star Wars Battlefront
The Punisher
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
THUG 2

$25
DBZ Budokai 3
NFL Street 2
Suikoden IV
Ghost Recon 2
Urbz
X-men Legends

$20
Spiderman 2 (ds)
Super Mario 64 (ds)
Tiger Woods 2005 (ds)
Urbz (ds)
Virtua Quest

$18
Conflict Vietnam
Fullmetal Alchemist
Jak III
Ratchet & Clank UYA

$12
Legend of Zelda MC

$8
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)
Need for Speed Underground
Outlaw Golf 2
Sega Classics Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
World Championship Poker

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Deals thread #3: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41216

Deals thread #2: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

Deals thread #1: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

Trade Value thread: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I drove to 9, yes, nine GameRush today to sniff around for anything good for $0.99. Didn't come away with much good stuff:

SNES:
Goof Troop
Street Fighter II
Battletoads and Double Dragon
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 3
Super Punch Out
Super Bomberman 2
Uniracers

Genesis:
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Super Street Fighter II
Vectorman 2

Now I hit myself for not picking up Lion King, Mickey Mania, and Jungle Book for SNES... I'm sure someday when I have kids, they'll love these Disney games :lol: :twisted:

Oh btw 2 of the 6 stores (I only bought from 6 of those stores out of the 9) combined this deal w/ B1G1 50% off. So a few games I got for 50 cents, but the other 4 stores just rang them up as is.[/quote]

Good snes pickups - wish i could find uniracers and goof troop.

[quote name='dpatel']Only managed to get Space Channel 5 for the DC after going to 2 different GR's. There's too many CAG's in the Dallas area. I should've gone earlier.[/quote]Really? Man, I hope the Lavon location still has some games that I can pick up for cheap. If your stores got cleaned out that fast, it's not looking good for me. :(

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='dpatel']Only managed to get Space Channel 5 for the DC after going to 2 different GR's. There's too many CAG's in the Dallas area. I should've gone earlier.[/quote]Really? Man, I hope the Lavon location still has some games that I can pick up for cheap. If your stores got cleaned out that fast, it's not looking good for me. :([/quote]

I went to the Mcdermont/Almo location and the Campbell/Mimosa one.

Hey all. Good luck finding anything if you didn't go today. I went to four Game Rushes...

1st one (I use to manage)
This was my best haul. Picked up 5 genesis games, 4 dreamcast, and 2 SNES. Notables out of those include Mcdonalds treasure island and Ranxer X for genesis, and Ms. Pac man and Rock N Roll racing for SNES. Also, there was a guy buying 15 or so NES games. Nothing great though.

2nd one
Same. Grabbed 8 genesis games. No DC/NES/SNES games left besies a handful of sports.

3rd one
Nothing but 3-4 genesis sports games

4th one
Only 4 dreamcast games, all being sports. Did however get Buffy season 2 for $19.99 used.

Goodluck finding anything if you didn't go today. Most stores will be sold out to either the customers who shopped today, or to employees.

Anyone know if these games are in the system for preorder:

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat GC
Time Splitters: Future Perfect? XB
MVP Baseball 2005 XB
Forza Motorsport XB
Conker Live and Reloaded

I missed a bunch of the thread so if some of these were already mentioned sorry.

^^Timesplitters is for PS2 at least, I'd imagine for XBox as well then. And I'm pretty sure I saw MVP listed. The guy let me look over a list real quick. I'm not 100% on it because I just looked for what I already knew I wanted.

[quote name='gizmogc']Goodluck finding anything if you didn't go today. Most stores will be sold out to either the customers who shopped today, or to employees.[/quote]
Thank God I seem to be the only rather active CAG member in my area and only one employee actually plays games regularly at either store nearby. Theres only one guy at the farther GR that works it, have to deal with the really uninformed BB workers when he isn't in, and he had no idea what cel shading was when a guy complained to him about the graphics on Dark Cloud 2 wanting to return it. All works out nicely. :cool:

Is the trade 2 get a preorder for $35 deal going to use the same llist of future titles that the current one is? There are still a few games I want to preorder.

[quote name='Prustaq']Is the trade 2 get a preorder for $35 deal going to use the same llist of future titles that the current one is? There are still a few games I want to preorder.[/quote]

When you say "use the list" do you mean that they tried to restrict you to those specific games? I've never had a problem preordering anything in their system.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Prustaq']Is the trade 2 get a preorder for $35 deal going to use the same llist of future titles that the current one is? There are still a few games I want to preorder.[/quote]

When you say "use the list" do you mean that they tried to restrict you to those specific games? I've never had a problem preordering anything in their system.[/quote]There's not really a list, but most employees think that those are the only games a person could preorder since the barcode numbers are on the sheet. I think they actually have several pages of games to preorder since when I used the old preorder deal, they got out a book when I asked to preorder a game that wasn't on the list.

Time Splitters: Future Perfect? XB
Forza Motorsport XB
Conker Live and Reloaded

Those games are available for preorder, but I'm not sure about the others. MVP probally is, but I never noticed it on a list or anything.

Based on my experience as long as the game has at least a month till it comes out and it actually does come out you can preorder it as long as it is in the system.

Yeah, the guy told me that the list of titles he had in his manual were the only ones I could preorder. He showed me it but I couldn't really think of anything to preorder that I didn't see so I don't know what would have happened if I asked for something else.

They'll probably still let the same games be preordered anyways.

Anyone heard anything about GR getting the DVD with Xenosaga II?
As much as Namco has talked it up it would seem everyone would get it but since its on Ebay in a seperate special case its obviously not a pack-in.

Does anyone know if "Dead to Rights II: Hell to Pay" for Xbox is on any of the preorder lists or in their system. It looks pretty good this time around. I was shocked that they had Pariah and Advent Rising at one Gamerush i went to. Thx in advance

It is in the system and right now it has an April 12th date (I always go the tuesday before the computer date). You can preorder it as well.

Sure you weren't at my GameRush in Warr Acres? I went to all our stores tonight for the Retro deal and none of them had Pariah boxes up (I put ours out as soon as we get them. I even have a special spot for all our extra preorder boxes along the game rental wall.)

Thx for the quick response. Ill take your advice on the preorder date tip. Is it any reason why normal stores get games on tues. but Gamerush has to hold off until fri. Even if you preordered? Im in Ga. by the way. Wish i could visit your store though. You seem more knowledgable than some of the staff in there. I just think most of them are just regular BB workers and are somehow forced into the gaming stuff. I love Gamerush though. Thx again for the help. Ill be preordering those games soon.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Is it any reason why normal stores get games on tues. but Gamerush has to hold off until fri.[/quote]
It's not all stores and not all games. Sometimes, like RE4, most just didn't get the game in until Thursday/Friday. The two here had Suikoden IV and Mercenaries out the day of release. Sometimes I think it might be just the managers call. If you call and ask they say Friday because that seems to be when most places put out games to rent and I think the BB employees just think it's for that.

edit before I go to bed:
Has anyone found out the specifics on the PSX deal starting today? Does it need a coupon scanned after the 5/10 group or is it automatic? Will we have to wait for a strictly GR employee to get the coupons and whatever set up before we can do it? I'd like to get in there when they open to make sure I get the best selection but if the GR employee has to be there then I have to wait because they don't generally get in until 12. It will apply to all PSX games(normal case, long box, double/triple disc sets etc), correct?

Is there a good chance they will do the same liquidation they are currently doing with the Gen/SNES/NES/DC games to PSX/64 games soon? I'd rather not spend ~$4 a game now just to have the price drop to a dollar per next month.

At all Game Rushes new release games are supposed to be put out within 2 hours of arrival. This was drilled into my head when they were setting up here in okc. Most if not all sale games should arrive Tuesday and rental no later than Thursday.

Blockbuster still lists the release date for games in the computer as the Friday after it comes out. They haven't updated it for some reason. Traditional stores had to wait till Friday. (I believe this has changed for them as well, all our stores down here try to get there's out).

The PS games have a barcode. It is located in the back of the GameRush map.

No word on N64 or PS liquidation - even the retro one was kind of sudden.

It was in there the other day when I was checking for Espn 2k6 titles for the heck of it (I am aware of the EA deals).

[quote name='rperez1025']Wow, I can't believe someone got Herzog Zwie, good find! I'm hitting all the stops tomorrow. Thanks for the info![/quote]

yeah, I used to play the game all the time when I was a kid - hope it hasn't aged too badly. Didnt get a box or instructions with it, and the carts sticker is a bit messy - can't go wrong for $1 tho.

Ok so did anyone else get shot down on the PSX deal?
Both GRs I went to said it doesn't start until tommorow :( Oh all of Colony Wars and long box RE, I pray you will wait for me.

I did manage to score a Dreamcast for 10bux and some more DC games.
Carrier, Sonic Adventure(missing booklet), Jet Grind Radio(missing booklet), TNN Motorsport Hardcore it was a dollar so yeah, Fur Fighters(disc only, it looks horrible from the disc art but hey), House of the Dead 2(no back insert), NCAA 2K2, and World Series 2K1.

Also managed to get Holyfield Real Deal Boxing mint in plastic box w/ book and Vectorman in a slightly worn box but complete and mint inside for Genesis :cool: Real Deal was my game back when it came out.

The GameRush psx deal is tomorrow. Most if not all GameRush promos begin on Tuesday as this is when the barcodes are activated to adjust the items.

[quote name='mynameisjonas']Is this the last day for the trade 3, get a game or preorder for $29.99?[/quote]

Yes. Tuesday will begin the the 34.99 with two trades on preorders (I have yet to find out if we can use it on new items though it should work regardless.)

Went to a few GameRush's and got a decent haul. I would have liked more SNES games though.

NES:
Orb 3-D
Rad Racer

SNES:
Adventures Of Mighty Max
Clayfighter 2: Judgment Clay
Darius Twin
Fatal Fury
Illusion of Gaia
Incredible Crash Dummies
Killer Instinct
Maui Mallard
Mechwarrior
Spawn

Genesis:
Boogerman
Bugs Bunny In Double Trouble
DecapAttack
General Chaos
Master Of Monsters
Quackshot Starring Donald Duck
Ranger X
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Streets Of Rage 2

Dreamcast:
Air Force Delta
Armada
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Gauntlet Legends
Grandia II
HydroThunder
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
Nightmare Creatures 2
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2
Quake III Arena
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Rippin' Riders
Slave Zero
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Super Magnetic Neo
Surf Rocket Racer
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Wetrix
Zombie Revenge

Not too bad for a little over $43 off of my Value Card.

Is the buy 1 PO get 1 half-off deal still going to be in effect when the new trade 2 to get a new game for 35 deal begins? I sure hope so. Hey this is post #51! Cool

Let's see

went to the Novi michigan gamerush today, many a CAG also go there including the ever popular wshakspear. This may explain why the best snes game they had there was michael jordan chaos in the windy city....

anyway I picked that up and street fighter 2 (IT WASN'T EVEN TURBO! AH THE ORIGINAL WITH 6 CHARACTERS) for 1.50 total.

Then I went to the farmington hills location and all they had was disney games so I got

Lion King
Aladdin
Goof troop
toy story
and starfox

now I would like to say something about this starfox I got. It appeared to be in good condition from what i could tell looking at it inside the blockbuster case so I thought it was a pretty good find. Only when I got out to my car did I discover the horrors of the item i had just purchased. Inside the little bay area surrounding the piece of the cart that goes into the snes was more dirt than even ODB (R.I.P.) had ever seen. It looked like whoever traded this in didn't have an snes so instead they made one out of mud and tried playing starfox with it. I might return it tomorow or else use the game to make an ant farm.

The lure of the 99 cent snes games did bring about a lot of good in the ps2 section though. I found a "pre-owned" code veronica x that was factory sealed for 12.99 and a copy of ZOE in cream your pants good condition with the mgs2 demo.

lol...yeah...i founf maybe 3 DC games i would want in 3 seperate stores...i just had to schedule myself to work yesterday, didnt i? :)

[quote name='Scorch']good god I wish I had a GameRush.. ugh... you guys have no clue how lucky you are..

//wants more dreamcast games[/quote]

well, if your looking for DC gaes...you'd now be SOL at GR. seriosly, there's nothing left. They werent THAT good for DC games, but some would randomly appear.

It was a DC gold mine around here. My only regret is not picking up a copy of PowerStone 2 last week for $6.99. I was hoping it would still be there today and I'd get it for $1, but it wasn't meant to be. After this sale is over, I really have no clue where I will be able to buy DC games locally. :(

[quote name='shipwreck']It was a DC gold mine around here. My only regret is not picking up a copy of PowerStone 2 last week for $6.99. I was hoping it would still be there today and I'd get it for $1, but it wasn't meant to be. After this sale is over, I really have no clue where I will be able to buy DC games locally. :([/quote]

Gamecrazy, if you got one...thats about it. So sad......oh well, ebay here i come!

Anybody know if the DC accessories dropped in price as well? I'd like to pick up a few more memory cards if they are clearancing those out too.

Didn't find anything interesting in the retro section.
Traded Timesplitters 2, THPS3, MGS2, Vice City, and TMB for a total of 23.00. With 8.49 cash on top of that, I've got Doom 3 preordered. :)

[quote name='shipwreck']It was a DC gold mine around here. My only regret is not picking up a copy of PowerStone 2 last week for $6.99. I was hoping it would still be there today and I'd get it for $1, but it wasn't meant to be. After this sale is over, I really have no clue where I will be able to buy DC games locally. :([/quote]

Wow. I got a copy of PS2 at gamerush for like $7 and got RECV free...and I sold PS2 for like $40.

Let me say this, I love Gamerush. They've been very good to me but since it doesn't look like they are going to have PSP preorders and EB is, I'm asking your opinion on the best way to convert my Gamerush value card credit into EB credit. Especially now that they are offering $10 bonus credit for trading in 2 games at a time. GR has the buy 1 get one half off deal currently. There's got to be a good way to maximize my $120 GR credit into EDGE credit. What do you guys think? Help me brainstorm.

[quote name='eraser813']Let me say this, I love Gamerush. They've been very good to me but since it doesn't look like they are going to have PSP preorders and EB is, I'm asking your opinion on the best way to convert my Gamerush value card credit into EB credit. Especially now that they are offering $10 bonus credit for trading in 2 games at a time. GR has the buy 1 get one half off deal currently. There's got to be a good way to maximize my $120 GR credit into EDGE credit. What do you guys think? Help me brainstorm.[/quote]

my manager at gamerush told me that we are going to do preorders for the psp really soon. so i would ask your GR manager again before you do anything with all your credi.

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='eraser813']Let me say this, I love Gamerush. They've been very good to me but since it doesn't look like they are going to have PSP preorders and EB is, I'm asking your opinion on the best way to convert my Gamerush value card credit into EB credit. Especially now that they are offering $10 bonus credit for trading in 2 games at a time. GR has the buy 1 get one half off deal currently. There's got to be a good way to maximize my $120 GR credit into EDGE credit. What do you guys think? Help me brainstorm.[/quote]

my manager at gamerush told me that we are going to do preorders for the psp really soon. so i would ask your GR manager again before you do anything with all your credi.[/quote]

The manager at Gamerush today also informed me that they would also be taking pre-orders on the PSP very soon. He mentioned that he spoke with his District Manager this morning and that's what he( the DM) was told. Look for this to happen within two weeks.

[quote name='Zennousha']I did manage to score a Dreamcast for 10bux and some more DC games.[/quote] :shock: The DreamCast is $10 at GameRush? I'll have to pick it up since I think one of my GameRushes had a used DC. Thanks for posting that. :)

This thread's almost at 500, so I'm going to start a new thread soon. As always, it will say GameRush Deals Thread, so look for that if I don't put a link in this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back