GameRush Deals Thread- $0.99 Retro Games and other new deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

$0.99 Retro Games!

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are 99 cents. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price.

All New Games $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

I will update the rest of the new deals that are starting 2/1/05 when they arrive.

PAST DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks Zon27.

As of 01/25/05.

$35
Mech Assault 2
Mercenaries
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars KOTOR 2
The Getaway: Black Monday

$30
Def Jam Fight for NY
Fable
Goldeneye: RA
Grand Theft Auto SA
Halo 2
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mortal Kombat Deception
Pikmin 2
Star Wars Battlefront
The Punisher
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
THUG 2

$25
DBZ Budokai 3
NFL Street 2
Suikoden IV
Ghost Recon 2
Urbz
X-men Legends

$20
Spiderman 2 (ds)
Super Mario 64 (ds)
Tiger Woods 2005 (ds)
Urbz (ds)
Virtua Quest

$18
Conflict Vietnam
Fullmetal Alchemist
Jak III
Ratchet & Clank UYA

$12
Legend of Zelda MC

$8
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)
Need for Speed Underground
Outlaw Golf 2
Sega Classics Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
World Championship Poker

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Deals thread #3: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41216

Deals thread #2: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

Deals thread #1: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

Trade Value thread: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='chargeup45']I could see them having an issue of you bringing in two of the same game, let alone 3. I dont know if there's any fine print that indicates that you can't trade in multiples, but Blockbuster was smart to exclude trading used games that you bought for the 3 for 10 deal.[/quote]
Every GR I've been to has signs that says they can only except two copies of the same game per day per customer. I don't know if it's in the trade agreement or anything as I never really read it.

Wow, I didn't know the NEW trade 3 deal worked on Pre-Orders....I may have to pick up a few games. SW Republic Commando. I also may have to switch my Doom 3 Pre-Order to the CE.

What other good XBOX games are in the GameRush system to PreOrder?

Well a good day for me:

Traded
2 Mad Maestro 3$ each
2 DJ Mixing - not real title and clearance from TRUS (PS2) 1.50$ each
2 MOJO (XBOX) 8$ each - This was a suprise

Preorder Doom 3 CE 29.99$ This is a huge bargain
Bought Mercenaries 29.99$

I did have some bad luck trying to change a previous Doom3 preorder. I was shot down by the game manager. quote: "I could get written up for doing this kind of thing", but thats ok. When it comes in I will simply return it for a full refund :)

[quote name='stoned99']Well a good day for me:

Traded
2 Mad Maestro 3$ each
2 DJ Mixing - not real title and clearance from TRUS (PS2) 1.50$ each
2 MOJO (XBOX) 8$ each - This was a suprise

Preorder Doom 3 CE 29.99$ This is a huge bargain
Bought Mercenaries 29.99$

I did have some bad luck trying to change a previous Doom3 preorder. I was shot down by the game manager. quote: "I could get written up for doing this kind of thing", but thats ok. When it comes in I will simply return it for a full refund :)[/quote]

Hmmm, bad news on not being able to switch Doom 3....oh well, i may have to PO the CE also then, along with another game since I have 6 games to trade in. SW Republic Commando may be the other one....

The release date now in the Gamerush computer suggests that they should have Resident Evil 4 in tomorrow. All stores should have Mercenaries and Getaway Black Monday now. And yes, technically you should only be able to do this deal once per account per day.

for anybody who doesn't know, my gamerush received suikoden iv yesterday. i don't know if i want to pick it up anymore since it got such bad reviews. :(

gamerankings = 63%

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']for anybody who doesn't know, my gamerush received suikoden iv yesterday. i don't know if i want to pick it up anymore since it got such bad reviews. :(

gamerankings = 63%[/quote]

I just played the demo yesterday...im not sure if i want a reject from the musical Cats in my party...add to that, Suik III looked better

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']for anybody who doesn't know, my gamerush received suikoden iv yesterday. i don't know if i want to pick it up anymore since it got such bad reviews. :(

I just played the demo yesterday...im not sure if i want a reject from the musical Cats in my party...add to that, Suik III looked better[/quote]

lol, the demo was so boring! i'm a huge suikoden fan but i think i'm going to try and change my preorder to another game b/c i think this game will be in the bargain bin soon. i might pick it up for $20 or so :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']for anybody who doesn't know, my gamerush received suikoden iv yesterday. i don't know if i want to pick it up anymore since it got such bad reviews. :(

It's a good game so far. I'm only a few hours in but it's nice. There are only two bad things about it to me so far and that is that the camera rotates normally when I'm used to inverted for just about every game and the random encounter rate is really annoying at sea. I do like the way 3 handled the 3D world better though.

[quote name='Zennousha'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']for anybody who doesn't know, my gamerush received suikoden iv yesterday. i don't know if i want to pick it up anymore since it got such bad reviews. :(

It's a good game so far. I'm only a few hours in but it's nice. There are only two bad things about it to me so far and that is that the camera rotates normally when I'm used to inverted for just about every game and the random encounter rate is really annoying at sea. I do like the way 3 handled the 3D world better though.[/quote]

hehe, thanks for the mini-review. i'll probably pick it up if i can find 3 games to trade in. if i'm not satisfied with the game overall, at least i can say that i didn't pay full price for it :)

what i'm really waiting for is gamespot's review. i like combining their comments with ign and averaging the two out.

thought I would ask one more question

since they are a little stricter on the current deal...are they now also requiring the manual and case for the games? I always keep them because one time I saw them throw them out. I haven't been to gamerush in a while, lol.

[quote name='scuba']thought I would ask one more question

since they are a little stricter on the current deal...are they now also requiring the manual and case for the games? I always keep them because one time I saw them throw them out. I haven't been to gamerush in a while, lol.[/quote]

There's nothing on paper about that, but its really up to store management

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='scuba']thought I would ask one more question

since they are a little stricter on the current deal...are they now also requiring the manual and case for the games? I always keep them because one time I saw them throw them out. I haven't been to gamerush in a while, lol.[/quote]

There's nothing on paper about that, but its really up to store management[/quote]

ok, great :)

I dont see why they throw them away
they should put them up online like that gamerecyclery place. They had a garabage bag full of cover arts and a crap load of cases plus they could get some money from that.

Actually...i never see them throw out that stuf around here. the cases themselves, yes, the inards, no. It's actually kinda nice buying used GBA/GBC games with box :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']Actually...i never see them throw out that stuf around here. the cases themselves, yes, the inards, no. It's actually kinda nice buying used GBA/GBC games with box :)[/quote]

really? next time you go just look behind the gamerush trading counter and you should see a trash can with manuals and cover arts and other stuff

[quote name='scuba']thought I would ask one more question

I have traded in disc-only games at two different Gamerushes and there was no problem, they didn't even comment on it.

I went today and was able to pre-order SW: Republic Commando and get it for $30 with trading in 3 games. The thing is that the gal working there said they didn't have a promo barcode for that. She was cool so I said "well, let's ring it up, scan the barcode for the trade 3 get a new game for $30 and let's see what happens." That's what we did and it worked! So, if you find yourself a cool employee, they might do it for you, but it doesn't seem to be an official deal. Good luck, cheap asses!

[quote name='scuba']really? next time you go just look behind the gamerush trading counter and you should see a trash can with manuals and cover arts and other stuff[/quote]

The only time I've seen them throw anything like that out at my local gamerush is if they have the case/manual/etc, but for some reason or another don't have the discs. (their reasoning being that otherwise it would just get stuck back out on the shelf)

Then again, they also leave everything in the original cases and keep the discs behind the counter. (in contrast to some of the other gamerushes in the area that swap out the original cases with lockable ones and leave the games in the cases)

[quote name='Wshakspear']It's actually kinda nice buying used GBA/GBC games with box :)[/quote]

I had at least one gamerush employee mention to me that they appreciated when people traded in GBA games with the boxes, since they tend to sell better when the box is included.

I always keep the boxes, manuals, and inserts just in case I end up getting that game in the future. I won't have to worry about finding a "complete" game, and can get it disc only.

Plus, I wanted the regular version of the Halo 2 manual to go with my LE version, so I kept it when I traded,well actually flipped, the Halo 2 I got from GR.

All the GR's in Mesquite say that RE4 is coming out tomorrow, so, I'll take NBA Street Volume 2, Freedom Fighters, and 007:EON to get it.

They'll accept those for the "get a new game for 30", right? I'm also hoping I'll get the shirt, as well. I didn't preorder, but I'm sure they got tons of them. I'll never wear it, but it'll be nice as a collector's item.

I also want The Minish Cap, but I'll just ask for that for my birthday (coming up on February 12).

[quote name='Nephets']All the GR's in Mesquite say that RE4 is coming out tomorrow, so, I'll take NBA Street Volume 2, Freedom Fighters, and 007:EON to get it.

They'll accept those for the "get a new game for 30", right? I'm also hoping I'll get the shirt, as well. I didn't preorder, but I'm sure they got tons of them. I'll never wear it, but it'll be nice as a collector's item.

I also want The Minish Cap, but I'll just ask for that for my birthday (coming up on February 12).[/quote]
they will work. freedom fighters gets u $8.

[quote name='Lucky13']I went today and was able to pre-order SW: Republic Commando and get it for $30 with trading in 3 games. The thing is that the gal working there said they didn't have a promo barcode for that. She was cool so I said "well, let's ring it up, scan the barcode for the trade 3 get a new game for $30 and let's see what happens." That's what we did and it worked! So, if you find yourself a cool employee, they might do it for you, but it doesn't seem to be an official deal. Good luck, cheap asses![/quote]

Read the flyers at GameRush. Pre-orders are an official part of the deal as stated on their flyers.

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='Nephets']All the GR's in Mesquite say that RE4 is coming out tomorrow, so, I'll take NBA Street Volume 2, Freedom Fighters, and 007:EON to get it.

I also want The Minish Cap, but I'll just ask for that for my birthday (coming up on February 12).[/quote]
they will work. freedom fighters gets u $8.[/quote]

Many thanks. :D

So, I'll get 7-8 dollars for each of those titles (since they all retail for 20), right?

This would be a nice way to pick up Xenosaga II, but does Gamerush have the Pre-Order bonus available?

Thanks OP for keeping the thread going.

I THINK the first copies of the game will have the DVD included inside the box, but I'm really not sure.

If it comes as an extra, there's a possibility, but GR doesn't really do very well with preorder bonuses.

I really hope that the GR's here get RE4... I want to play it so badly. :twisted:

It doesn't have that disgusting "BEST SELLER" on it, does it?

um, nope. nice, clean cover. They had about 4 copies where i went...and probably had around 5 to start with considering drfrielgood picked one up too.

I stopped at my local ,non-gr blockbuster and they had the trade 3 get one for $10 deal still going on. May be YMMV, but I was able to trade Timesplitters 2 (XBX), Deus Ex (PS2) and Showdown (PS2) for MechAssault 2 and $12 + change. Their coude for the deal expired, but they just credited the difference to the account.

Does anyone have a LIST of Pre-Orders at BlockBuster???? I know before you could only preorder a select amount of games.

I have 3 games I'm trading in, and possibly 3 more. I'm only curious in XBOX games.

I honestly cannot think of any games that I want....guess I'm a bit out of the loop

I have the list, it is available at most GR, lots of games on there, even the new Zelda game, can type up if there is a lot of demand, or scan it in

[quote name='Engineer_J']I have the list, it is available at most GR, lots of games on there, even the new Zelda game, can type up if there is a lot of demand, or scan it in[/quote]

Thanks....what NOTABLE XBOX games are on there? I'm at a lost to what I want....I don't even know what is coming out.

Have any Chicagoland CAGers had any luck with this promotion at their BlockBuster? So far none of the ones near me have heard about it.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Engineer_J']I have the list, it is available at most GR, lots of games on there, even the new Zelda game, can type up if there is a lot of demand, or scan it in[/quote]

Thanks....what NOTABLE XBOX games are on there? I'm at a lost to what I want....I don't even know what is coming out.[/quote]

Everything is in shorthand so hope you don't mind

Oddworld XB
Death By Degrees PS2
NBA Street V3 PS2/XB
Shadow of Rome PS2
Champions - Return to Arms PS2
MX Vs. ATV Unleashed XB/PS2
Star Fox GC
Brothers in Arms XB/PS2
Xenosaga II PS2
Gran Turismo 4 PS2
Midnight Club 3 PS2/XB
Project Snowblind PS2/XB
Tekken 5 PS2
MVP 2005 XB/PS2
Star Wars Republic Commando XB
Timesplitters Future Perfect XB/PS2
Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Devil May Cry 3 PS2
Doom III & Doom III Collectors XB
Full Spectrum Warrior PS2
Fight Night 2 XB/PS2
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
God of War PS2
Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory XB/PS2
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Engineer_J']I have the list, it is available at most GR, lots of games on there, even the new Zelda game, can type up if there is a lot of demand, or scan it in[/quote]

Thanks....what NOTABLE XBOX games are on there? I'm at a lost to what I want....I don't even know what is coming out.[/quote]

Oddworld XB
Death By Degrees PS2
NBA Street V3 PS2/XB
Shadow of Rome PS2
Star Fox GC
Brothers in Arms XB/PS2
Xenosaga II PS2
Gran Turismo 4 PS2
Midnight Club 3 PS2/XB
Project Snowblind PS2/XB
Tekken 5 PS2
MVP 2005 XB/PS2
Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Devil May Cry 3 PS2
Fight Night 2 XB/PS2
Far Cry XB
God of War PS2
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
RE 4 PS2[/quote]

OP Thanks for the excellent post!!

I've collected about 20 games that have cost me about 3$ each (eb + TRUS), so it's time to use them to reestablish my preorder list. I had 19 games on preorder last year (using the 20$ off coupon).

GR you are the best!!

Thanks Engineer_J

Now I have to choose....2 games for sure since I have 6 games to trade....where else to pick up some CHEAP games for trade foddeR? ;)

Oddworld XB
Brothers in Arms XB/PS2 (maybe)
Project Snowblind PS2/XB (don't know enough yet)
Star Wars Republic Commando XB (I think this is one for sure)
Timesplitters Future Perfect XB/PS2 (looked good....map editor and all)
Doom III & Doom III Collectors XB (already have....but want to upgrade to CE)
Delta Force Black Hawk XB (preview seemed decent)
Far Cry XB (heard good things about the PC version, never played though)
Area 51 XB/PS2 (seemed ok in the demo)
Destroy All Human PS2/XB (looks VERY good)
GTA:SA (want this...but I may wait since release is a while away)

our BB dont have a gamerush but they ususally do Gamerush deals but not this time here

BUY 2 DVDS GET 1 FREE

BUY 1 Game GEt 1 50% off

too bad it wasnt still trade 3 in pay 10 bucks cause they had
HALO 2
SMackdown vs raw
THUG 2
DEF Jam and around 10 other high end games

Ps: i check my gift cards and they are safe (210 on one and 174 on another)

[quote name='stoned99']OP Thanks for the excellent post!!

I've collected about 20 games that have cost me about 3$ each (eb + TRUS), so it's time to use them to reestablish my preorder list. I had 19 games on preorder last year (using the 20$ off coupon).

GR you are the best!![/quote]

Just be careful, stoned.....GR is getting wise to abusers lately and messing with their accounts. Not that I'm calling you an abuser, but GR doesn't seem to be too rational when it comes to cracking down on people. I mean, they put out these ridiculous deals, then get pissed when people are all over them and close down accounts and value cards.

So, I'm calling my GameRush all day yesterday, and they say they don't have RE4. Finally, they say they have 5. I go in there, and they say they can't sell them until tomorrow (today). They also, apparently, haven't gotten Mercenaries or Zelda. Of course, this is the same guy who was trying to charge me full price for a KOTOR 2 that I already pre-ordered and paid for. Some retail employees... and they wonder why they get paid so low. I guess I'll only go to that location when either the manager or the one other cool guy is working there.

[quote name='stoned99'][quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Engineer_J']I have the list, it is available at most GR, lots of games on there, even the new Zelda game, can type up if there is a lot of demand, or scan it in[/quote]

Oddworld XB
Death By Degrees PS2
NBA Street V3 PS2/XB
Shadow of Rome PS2
Star Fox GC
Brothers in Arms XB/PS2
Xenosaga II PS2
Gran Turismo 4 PS2
Midnight Club 3 PS2/XB
Project Snowblind PS2/XB
Tekken 5 PS2
MVP 2005 XB/PS2
Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Devil May Cry 3 PS2
Fight Night 2 XB/PS2
Far Cry XB
God of War PS2
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
RE 4 PS2[/quote]

OP Thanks for the excellent post!!

GR you are the best!![/quote]

I have 19 still pre-ordered from the last deal, going to preorder everything I think, that way even if GR stops the deals I'll be sitting pretty for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back