*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='videogamejunkie']JUST GOT BUSTED FOR "FLIPPING." the girl said that my trading privilages had been revoked for trading to much. Has this happen to anyone else? How does does the restriction last? Is is across all stores or just that one?[/quote]

Depends, I heard sometimes it is at all Blockbusters, I got banned at one store, talked to the manager, got unbanned, but he called two nearby stores to tell them to ban me, so I can only go to his store now and he can "watch" my account. I do mostly legal trades, but I just do so many that my account through up a red flag and I was abusing the system according to him by knowing the trades on certain games, like buying Dr. Muto for $8 at GS/EB and trading it in for $18 at GR (about 4 times :) ), oh well I just don't go as much as before, don't want to get permanently banned or anything

Oops!! I may get flagged at my local BB because I have just traded in 3 copies of Tiger Woods 2004 for XBOX from the 75% sale at KB Toys. Bought them for $7.50 each and traded them in for $14.00 each over the last two business days.

I'm gonna trade in my Gamecube Bloodrayne and XIII soon, hopefully they give me at least $12 total. Better than what I would get on eBay.

today i was going to get some more cheap games at gamestop to trade into 3 get one for 10, and i saw a gamerush employee there. i was scared. jsut bought stuff anyways

[quote name='cdeener']Does anyone know what the maximum amount of games you can trade-in at one time is?[/quote]

It may be 10 at a time.

Anybody have trouble stacking trades? IE. Trade 9 then buy 3 games @ 10.00 each (Trade 3 get 1 for $10 ) Any feedback? :D Also has anybody caught wind of any new promos for January and beyond?

in the fine print on the flyers it clearly states that 'trade three get one for $10' can only be done one transaction per day, per account.

Wow. This is the first time I've been happy and pissed at GameRush at the same time. This was at the Lavon Drive location in Garland so you may not want to go to this location. :(

I go in with 4 PS1 games, and 2 Xbox games and 1 GameCube game. The Xbox games are Star Wars Battlefront and Oddworld Abe's Oddysee. The GameCube game is Pikmin 2. I had gotten all 3 at this GameRush. Pikmin 2 and Star Wars with the trade in 3 get 1 for $10 and Oddworld by the BOGO half off a long time ago and ended up getting it for $3.50. :D

What made me verry happy was, I go into the store and start looking at the Xbox section. I see nothing that I really want, so I then go to the GameCube section. Nothing that I've really been looking for. So then, I go to the cartridge/old system games. As one of the games, I see Tiger Woods PGA Tour for DS! I just got my DS for Christmas and all I had was the Metroid demo and Super Mario 64 DS, so I really wanted some more games.

I then also see Metoid Zero Mission still in it's box used. I've heard good things about it, so I thought, alright, I'll get it. I then notice that inside it's little cage like plastic protector, that it has wrapping on it. So, it was either re-sealed or brand new! I was getting it for sure now since I didn't have a GBA to play it before. :)

So, I go up to the counter and while the guy starts to look at my 7 games, he says that his store is no longer taking PS1 games in for trade as part of the trade 3 deal. I was kind of pissed but I scanned over the sheet and I didn't see it mentioning any platforms at all. So, I go along with it and keep my 4 PS1 games to try at another store and trade in my 3 current gen games to get Tiger Woods on the DS.

I was happy since I got a practically new DS game (mint and complete) for $10! :D So, I grab all of the new flyers, and head out. Then, I notice on the sheet that it does in fact include PS1 games. I just didn't see the wording for some reason before. :(

I guess the manager decided to not include PS1 games, so I guess I won't be going to them to use my last remaining PS1 games and try the other stores around me instead. However, this guy was normally a regular BB employee (not GameRush) so, I'm not really sure if I trust him. :?

Hope to have better luck at other GameRushes around me, but I'm still very happy that I got a DS game for $10! :)

[quote name='Liza']in the fine print on the flyers it clearly states that 'trade three get one for $10' can only be done one transaction per day, per account.[/quote]Yes, and it is 20 trades per transaction. You can get up to 6 games from this deal, I guess and it still follow that policy.

[quote name='Liza']in the fine print on the flyers it clearly states that 'trade three get one for $10' can only be done one transaction per day, per account.[/quote]
I've traded 6 get 2 for $20 at two separate stores without any issues.

Whats this 2 for 20 ive been hearing about? I heard it today while i was in there. I just thought they were talking about Dvd's. So what does it represent?

[quote name='sj41']Wow. This is the first time I've been happy and pissed at GameRush at the same time. This was at the Lavon Drive location in Garland so you may not want to go to this location. :(

I go in with 4 PS1 games, and 2 Xbox games and 1 GameCube game. The Xbox games are Star Wars Battlefront and Oddworld Abe's Oddysee. The GameCube game is Pikmin 2. I had gotten all 3 at this GameRush. Pikmin 2 and Star Wars with the trade in 3 get 1 for $10 and Oddworld by the BOGO half off a long time ago and ended up getting it for $3.50. :D

What made me verry happy was, I go into the store and start looking at the Xbox section. I see nothing that I really want, so I then go to the GameCube section. Nothing that I've really been looking for. So then, I go to the cartridge/old system games. As one of the games, I see Tiger Woods PGA Tour for DS! I just got my DS for Christmas and all I had was the Metroid demo and Super Mario 64 DS, so I really wanted some more games.

I then also see Metoid Zero Mission still in it's box used. I've heard good things about it, so I thought, alright, I'll get it. I then notice that inside it's little cage like plastic protector, that it has wrapping on it. So, it was either re-sealed or brand new! I was getting it for sure now since I didn't have a GBA to play it before. :)

So, I go up to the counter and while the guy starts to look at my 7 games, he says that his store is no longer taking PS1 games in for trade as part of the trade 3 deal. I was kind of pissed but I scanned over the sheet and I didn't see it mentioning any platforms at all. So, I go along with it and keep my 4 PS1 games to try at another store and trade in my 3 current gen games to get Tiger Woods on the DS.

I was happy since I got a practically new DS game (mint and complete) for $10! :D So, I grab all of the new flyers, and head out. Then, I notice on the sheet that it does in fact include PS1 games. I just didn't see the wording for some reason before. :(

I guess the manager decided to not include PS1 games, so I guess I won't be going to them to use my last remaining PS1 games and try the other stores around me instead. However, this guy was normally a regular BB employee (not GameRush) so, I'm not really sure if I trust him. :?

Hope to have better luck at other GameRushes around me, but I'm still very happy that I got a DS game for $10! :)[/quote]

I been to that store twice and both times were very positive. Very good used selection lots of new recent games used. I would avoid the Mesqite Town East store though they don't even accept some PS2 games plus they won't sell new games till 5:00 PM.

[quote name='sj41']Wow. This is the first time I've been happy and pissed at GameRush at the same time. This was at the Lavon Drive location in Garland so you may not want to go to this location. :(

Hope to have better luck at other GameRushes around me, but I'm still very happy that I got a DS game for $10! :)[/quote]

I do not understand why any of the Gamerush stores take PS1 games for the 3 for $10 trade. The stores all have hordes of shitty PS1 games and there is not a single decent PS2, GC, or Xbox game worth getting there.

Traded this in last night:

(xbox) Halo 2 - $35
(PS2) Deus Ex:Con - $3.00
(PS2) Freaky Flyers - $5.00

Picked up Mortal Kombat: Deception for 10.00

[quote name='Gojtron']CoD XB brought only $25
Promo trade 1, get $10 off new game in effect as well, picked up MechAssault2[/quote]

Is this promo region specific? I may jump on this deal since I have lots of credit and a few games I want to get rid of.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Whats this 2 for 20 ive been hearing about? I heard it today while i was in there. I just thought they were talking about Dvd's. [/quote]

me too.

Going to GameRush tonight. What game should I pick when I do the trade 3 for $10 deal?

PS: I don't own a Gamecube. I only deal with XBOX and PS2.

I checked the store locator, but I could have sworn that there's a GameRush on Long Island, near Stony Brook. All that came up on my search is Staten Island, which is way too far from me to be worth it. Any NY CAGs know of locations on LI?

[quote name='cdeener']Going to GameRush tonight. What game should I pick when I do the trade 3 for $10 deal?

PS: I don't own a Gamecube. I only deal with XBOX and PS2.[/quote]

Buy a game you WANT! (something worthwhile though...a newer release)
GTA:SA
Halo 2
X-Men Legends
Ghost Recon 2

[quote name='cdeener']chargeup45, What is your zip code?[/quote]

11795... I just stopped in Blockbuster, and they said that the nearest one was in Queens. The good news is that they also said that there would be Gamerush's on Long Island at some point "in the next year". The bad news is that they'll probably be up well after this trade in offer ends. I still might trade in a few of my games for the normal BB credit, but I checked out the SW:Battlefront demo and it looked really good.

Also, I had managed a couple of steals in the 2-for-1 BB deal on preowned games, but now their preowned section looks awful. I got Red Dead Revolver for 20 or so in the deal, for some reason there's one there for 35 now. Otherwise, the selection is terrible, and most games dont come with the original case cover.

[quote name='rg0019']Traded this in last night:

(xbox) Halo 2 - $35

Picked up Mortal Kombat: Deception for 10.00[/quote]

ok guys i just saw a gamerush on the island a few days ago so i never bothered with GR threads before..anyway i was wondering when you guys trade 3 get 1 for $10, do you guys still keep the credit of the 3 games you traded in?..like using the example above, rg0019 gets $43 in credit and MK:D for $10?? and if thats the case could he have used his credit to buy MK:D?[ending up with $33 credit?]..thanks

[quote name='menewbe'][quote name='rg0019']Traded this in last night:

(xbox) Halo 2 - $35

Picked up Mortal Kombat: Deception for 10.00[/quote]

..like using the example above, rg0019 gets $43 in credit and MK:D for $10?? and if thats the case could he have used his credit to buy MK:D?[ending up with $33 credit?]..thanks[/quote]

That is correct.

[quote name='menewbe']ok cool but correct for which questions? 1st, 2nd or both?..[/quote]

He got $43 for his trade-ins, and because he traded three games, he got the opportunity to purchase Mortal Kombat for $10. Therefore, after he completed the transaction, he was able to leave the store with Mortal Kombat and $33 in credit leftover.

bb rules cause the stackable deals. I have got some crazy deals from gamerush. Pluse they allways do buy two get one free. Stack that with the other dealsd and you make out like a bandit.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='menewbe']ok cool but correct for which questions? 1st, 2nd or both?..[/quote]

He got $43 for his trade-ins, and because he traded three games, he got the opportunity to purchase Mortal Kombat for $10. Therefore, after he completed the transaction, he was able to leave the store with Mortal Kombat and $33 in credit leftover.[/quote]

ok thats freakin awesome!...thought thats how it worked but wasnt sure.. ill this out when i get time..thanks again

Still no info on this 2 for $20 deal? I heard it in-store yesterday but that he was talking about Dvd's. Does anyone have any other info on what this might be?

traded in MK:Deception Special Edition and they took in each part separately. 35 for SE disc. 30 for the game. What a deal. The game wasn't that much different from the last one so I thought that deal was too good to pass up.

[quote name='lordopus99']traded in MK:Deception Special Edition and they took in each part separately. 35 for SE disc. 30 for the game. What a deal. The game wasn't that much different from the last one so I thought that deal was too good to pass up.[/quote]

I wonder if they would take the extra Halo 2 disc from the LE separately.

[quote name='lyric706']Anyone know when the Trade 3 Get One for $10 is supposed to end? I heard January.[/quote]

Mine says January 10th.

[quote name='lordopus99']traded in MK:Deception Special Edition and they took in each part separately. 35 for SE disc. 30 for the game. What a deal. The game wasn't that much different from the last one so I thought that deal was too good to pass up.[/quote]

So you got $65 credit ? Sounds like somebody hosed up

[quote name='buster90']I been to that store twice and both times were very positive. Very good used selection lots of new recent games used. I would avoid the Mesqite Town East store though they don't even accept some PS2 games plus they won't sell new games till 5:00 PM.[/quote]Oh, Lavon has always been my favorite. It's the best GameRush I've seen and they've always been nice. I rarley go to any other store besides that one. :)

I got a flyer from my local GameRush last night here are the trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox (You can buy this game used from Gamefly for $9.99 used and trade it in for $12.00 profit)
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='cdeener']Going to GameRush tonight. What game should I pick when I do the trade 3 for $10 deal?

PS: I don't own a Gamecube. I only deal with XBOX and PS2.[/quote]

Buy a game you WANT! (something worthwhile though...a newer release)
GTA:SA
Halo 2
X-Men Legends
Ghost Recon 2[/quote]

I already did the trade 3 for $10 and pick up GTA:SA. They didn't have any used copies of Halo 2, X-Men Legends, or Ghost Recon 2. So, I picked up PoP: Warrior Within with another 3 for $10.

Also, I found a flyer that had a deal on GBA games. If you buy 2 GBA games you get $10 off.
Expires 1/10/05.

They are also taking pre-orders on Gran Turismo 4 PS2, Midnight Club 3 PS2&Xbox, Doom 3 Xbox, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath PS2&Xbox, Resident Evil 4 GC&PS2, and Champions: Return to Arms PS2.

Crap, this is getting out of hand. I just ordered Full Spectrum Warrior so I can trade it in to gamerush. I think I enjoy the deals better than playing the games. I need Help...

I am the same way. The only games I have that I play on occasion is Paper Mario and Halo 2 and sometimes my new DS. I have got a couple games through this deal that I haven't even touched... such as Goldeneye, Star Ocean, Metal Slug 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, ...

They have a 3-month Xbox Live kit for $14.99 at BB/GameRush. It comes with the Headset and subscribtion card. I will have to check for what else comes with it because it is a plastic case not in a box like the other 3-month kit I have seen with the demos of Crimson Skies, MechAssualt, and MotoGP.

Edit: this is just the 3-month card it doesn't come with anything.

[quote name='cdeener']They have a 3-month Xbox Live kit for $14.99 at BB/GameRush. It comes with the Headset and subscribtion card. I will have to check for what else comes with it because it is a plastic case not in a box like the other 3-month kit I have seen with the demos of Crimson Skies, MechAssualt, and MotoGP.[/quote]

Hmm...the headset/communicator on its own retails for $30, so it sounds like a good deal. Something must be fishy here...maybe the headset is used, or is a third party one?

Alright, I just traded in:

NFL GameDay '99 for PSX - $.50
NHL Championship '00 for PSX - $1
NHL Hitz 20-02 for Xbox - $1.50

...and picked up Star Wars: BattleFront for Xbox for $10. I'm going back up there tomorrow to pick up either NFSU2 or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Thanks CAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back