General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard (I had a friend who was Justin's roommate for a little while), he CAN be pretty humble. How often, I have no clue. I'll always remember Wong for saying "I AM MvC2" at EVO last year, though.

looks like items used in scenario mode will have properties:

properties.jpg

Am I the only one that think Scenario Mode looks like absolute garbage?

I wish they'd just spend the time / resources it's taking to create that on adding new stages, costumes or even characters. I know it has a large cast, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kunimitsu back in the fold.

I'd even prefer that they spend it on another mini-game that isn't going to suck, like Tekken Bowl II or something equivalent.

Just reminds me of SC3 & SC4........

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Am I the only one that think Scenario Mode looks like absolute garbage?

I wish they'd just spend the time / resources it's taking to create that on adding new stages, costumes or even characters. I know it has a large cast, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kunimitsu back in the fold.

I'd even prefer that they spend it on another mini-game that isn't going to suck, like Tekken Bowl II or something equivalent.

Just reminds me of SC3 & SC4........[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one who thinks scenario mode looks like garbage. It's just a mini-game though, but you're right, more time/resources could of been spent on other little goodies instead.

Scenario Mode will be garbage, but I honestly think anything Tekken is fun. It's more for people who enjoy Tekken story, which I happen to enjoy alot even though yes it's insane.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Scenario Mode will be garbage, but I honestly think anything Tekken is fun. It's more for people who enjoy Tekken story, which I happen to enjoy alot even though yes it's insane.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. I'll definitely play it. I loved Devil Within mode too. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Scenario Mode will be garbage, but I honestly think anything Tekken is fun. It's more for people who enjoy Tekken story, which I happen to enjoy alot even though yes it's insane.[/QUOTE]

I like the Tekken story as well, but there is no way this mode is going to advance it.

Take of your Tekken goggles for a second, and look at it objectively. Now what do you think about it?

I have to agree with you Jimbo. Looks like utter shit to me, but then again I have never enjoyed any of the little mini game stuff they have tossed into Tekken. It has always come off half assed to me and a waste of time. I know just like with the other crap they have tossed in I won't spend any real time with it and just stick to the core game itself.

Question:

I just came back from a shopping plaza by my house (in Miami Gardens) and there were a bunch of guys (4 or 5) camping out.. What the hell is being released tomorrow that's making these guys camp overnight at Gamestop. They had chairs and drinks, the store was closed, so it didn't look like it was going to be any type of midnight release. Anyone know what's going down?

Damn.

I got 3rd at the Tekken 6 E3 tournament :(

Single elim
2/3 rounds
one match!

That's worse than DR ONLINE!

lol. Fun times though.

I didn't really look around during E3. Too much work and spent my free time at the Namco Bandai booth playing Tekken...

3594049621_3e6e8fbcff.jpg

3594048925_1c8da692cc.jpg

TEKKEN 6 PS3 console decal.

3594050335_ea7d0ee919.jpg

TEKKEN 6 Xbox 360 Faceplate.

3594050999_fbdd12c8cf.jpg

Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars shirt from my buddy at Capcom.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yea.

PS3 version of Tekken 6 is arcade perfect.

But 360 version is better.

Amazingly. It sounds weird. But it is true. (I'm speaking graphics/engine wise).

Slowdown in the arcade version, is still in the PS3 version.

360 does not have the same slowdown.

lol!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I like the Tekken story as well, but there is no way this mode is going to advance it.

Take of your Tekken goggles for a second, and look at it objectively. Now what do you think about it?[/QUOTE]

I totally understand that it's genna be shit, but it's genna be quality shit to be honest. Tekken team never disappoints in terms of presentation.

MM give me that faceplate :(

don't you have two already? :lol:

also, I'll still prefer T6 on PS3, but play all versions anyway.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
don't you have two already? :lol:

also, I'll still prefer T6 on PS3, but play all versions anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well...

3594920060_55e6899b98.jpg

3594918450_6e38fbe1de.jpg

... a brotha got a lot of 360s. lol...

[quote name='MarkMan']Well...

... a brotha got a lot of 360s. lol...[/QUOTE]

Sharing is caring ;)

anyway, I'm still wishing there was more news on T6 PSP... pretty much none at all. :cry:

[quote name='LostRoad']Was KoF or BB not on the floor to play? Also by any chance did Capcom have any info at their booth about the 5 new toons in TvC?[/QUOTE]

KOFXII had a few setups going on in the Ignition booth.

AKSYS was not exhibiting at E3, so no BlazBlue.

And no comment on TVC.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I believe he was just giving an example of PS2 games lagging when played on a PS3... so that lag wouldn't apply to a "fresh" port like MvC2. Does the PSN offer an equivalent of Xbox Originals?? Cuz I think that's the sort of thing he was talking about.
smile7.jpg
smile7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought the same thing.. but he says he's going to stick to his DC version.. just wondering what the point is?

[quote name='MarkMan']oh yea.

Amazingly. It sounds weird. But it is true. (I'm speaking graphics/engine wise).

lol![/QUOTE]

There was slowdown in the arcade version? WTF? I appreciate them wanting to keep it arcade perfect, but damn, there's a limit.

EDIT: Should I even bother buying it now? The slowdown would affect gameplay too, wouldn't it? My stick's for the PS3 so I'd only want that version. =\

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LostRoad']Was KoF or BB not on the floor to play? Also by any chance did Capcom have any info at their booth about the 5 new toons in TvC?[/QUOTE]
*Crosses fingers* PLEASE BE CAMMY! PLEASE BE CAMMY! PLEASE BE CAMMY!:lol::lol::lol:

Ignition/ManGod held a KOF event over the weekend and IGN has a new hands-on with it. Don't know about BB, though.

There's not alot of slowdown I think uraizen.

In other news, my 360 arrived at the repair place today. This means I will likely get it back next week, during finals!

[quote name='MarkMan']oh yea.

lol![/QUOTE]

To all you PS3 guys: suck it. :rofl:

[quote name='PhrostByte']To all you PS3 guys: suck it. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Says the one who humps his 360 daily. :lol:

At least I have a choice. :razz:

I took the liberty of crafting a chant for the PS3 Tekken 6 buyers. Something nice and catchy.....Here goes....

Let's play Tekken 6 on PS3. Slowdown is just right for me.

Enjoy your CELL-powered, 58 frames-per-second dips, mother fuckers.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't get me wrong. It's still 100% playable. It's arcade perfect as far as I'm concerned.

But really, that lil' mention was just me pointing out that it doesn't have the arcade's imperfection/slowdown that you experience in certain situations while playing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: never thought I'd see console fanboyism in FGT :lol: at least it's happening now.[/QUOTE]

I blame TMK!

The Nina one looks hot on my black elite.... I'll snap a pic later.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: never thought I'd see console fanboyism in FGT :lol: at least it's happening now.[/QUOTE]

Frost has always been that way though. :whistle2:k

Really? :)

I always thought it was going on almost the entire time in FGT. Some just are more blatant than others.

Fanboys have only been a problem, from my view, at least, in the deals forum threads on fighting games. They haven't been much of a problem here in the FGT.

fukk a fanboy, I'm sure most ppl who hate on PS3 Tekken coz of slowdown prolly suck ass at the game and will never be good enough to even achieve it in the first place -_-

anyway sum random dood on the blog is asking for a Uncharted 2 beta key with a sad dog face and I'm like lol,

but I like u guys so does anybody want an Uncharted beta key? assuming nobody in the chat already claimed it when I posted it on saturday lol.

I also got a code for infamous costume for Home if any1 wants ^_^

[quote name='JEKKI']but I like u guys so does anybody want an Uncharted beta key? assuming nobody in the chat already claimed it when I posted it on saturday lol.

I also got a code for infamous costume for Home if any1 wants ^_^[/QUOTE]

I know Jimbo wants an Uncharted beta code.

I'd love to take the Home costume off of your hands, lol.

GGs AxC. I swear, I hate getting killed by Seth's Ultra more than anything else in the world, if only because hitting the screen is so humiliating. :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GGs AxC. I swear, I hate getting killed by Seth's Ultra more than anything else in the world, if only because hitting the screen is so humiliating. :lol:[/QUOTE]

GG's to you too Beef!! Seth Ultra is pretty hilarious.

Didn't realize how rusty I am. Since I started reading Potter my TV has been on a whole lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back