General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'll probably get the 360 version of T6, and maybe the PS3 version if it seems worth it.

No PSP, although I might consider getting the Go if they come up with a decent way to get UMD games on there (because then I could pick up used UMD games for cheap and have digital copies)

Most likely though, I will just have the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

:lol: fuck you Foley. The one chance I get to play you on Tekken and you disregard it :lol:

I'll tell you this: if you get it on PS3 you'll have a longer term fighting partner with me and probably hank :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: fuck you Foley. The one chance I get to play you on Tekken and you disregard it :lol:

I'll tell you this: if you get it on PS3 you'll have a longer term fighting partner with me and probably hank :lol:[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah. I'm in that shit until Tekken 7, IF the netcode is good.

Since I'm getting BB on 360, I'll be getting Tekken on ps3 first. I do plan on getting it on both though, and maybe psp if I ever get one.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: fuck you Foley. The one chance I get to play you on Tekken and you disregard it :lol:

I'll tell you this: if you get it on PS3 you'll have a longer term fighting partner with me and probably hank :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't play scrubs

Who said anything about good players? I got a stick and I'm still 43% in SFIV. Hell in HD Remix I think I win 1 out of 10 games, whats up with that game? Everyone so elite.

[quote name='zewone']Wait, aren't all the good players in the FGT getting it on 360?[/QUOTE]

sure, good players, but not the good Tekken players.

I'm a bit shabby right now since I haven't played in a while... would start again but since I'll be gone for more than a week that means mostly no gaming (besides PSP) and all work.

I play Tekken 5 DR at least once a week. I need to stay decent.

Depending on what everyone gets it for, I'll go that direction. I will get both sometime though.

[quote name='distgfx']Damn frost, you've taken a personal interest in this one. I just saw some for PS3 and some for 360 and called it a split. You're taking it to a whole new level.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah bro. Since I'm getting it on Xbox I want to make sure everyone else does too.. ok so we have another convert. Hank changed his mind.. what are we at now? 20 people on Xbox and about 3 on PS3? Nice.

[quote name='zewone']We'll see about that good Tekken players remark.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

well, PS3 for me no matter what, but if it's not a crazy time for me budgetwise I'll have a 360 version as well. PSP and PS3 are priority for me for Tekken ATM.

So if i do get a 360 version, I'd love to take you on zew ;)

once again, though fanboyism is popping up in FGT...? wtf? lol where's TMK?

[quote name='distgfx']ReRo's actually good, he has a mean Dragunov.[/QUOTE]

You still using Lee? You were on your way to getting good level even though you never believed me :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']You still using Lee? You were on your way to getting good level even though you never believed me :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I plan to use him in Tekken 6 too.

[quote name='zewone']We'll see about that good Tekken players remark.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm gonna fuck all ya'll up just like I did in SFIV. (Except Mark since Tekken is his life). haha

I love Tekken, I don't care what system. I'll help ppl learn the game, just because learning the game is awesome.

CAG will own up and battle other sites.

No one can stop the FGT!

:lol: I love how everyone here thinks their the shit in tekken. I know I'm not that great but I'm better than alot out there... but again, that's me saying I'm the shit :lol:

I don't know. I think everyone here sucks in Tekken. That's just me though.

Wanna debunk my thoughts, see me at EVO or Comic-Con and we can play some matches.

;)

Only one I know that knows how to play that posts here is B:L, Rugal B.(never posts anymore), and n8nmonster.

[quote name='MarkMan']Bottom line is. Let's get good.

Word? WORD.[/QUOTE]

microsoft-word-gansta-edition1.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't know. I think everyone here sucks in Tekken. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

In my case, that's true. :whistle2:(

distgfx has potential.... He is very patient. Once he learns offense and whiff punishing he'll probably be one of the better FGT members.

[quote name='MarkMan']distgfx has potential.... He is very patient. Once he learns offense and whiff punishing he'll probably be one of the better FGT members.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's one of the things I think he ha son his side... Most people aren't willing to take the time to sit down with something.

Are tekken pros helping with the T6 tutorial mode or is it just a basics tutorial?

You guys crack me up. All the huffing and puffing till Mark comes in? Acting like dogs that got his nose smacked with a paper.

Assassin check out the the Akuma thread on srk for tips. One thing I will tell you is forget about demon, super or ultra until you can do it with out thought, and even then its very risky.

Picked up SF4 from that Target sale a few weeks ago.

I'm thinking about getting a stick for my ps3, since that's what my copy of SF4 is for. I've been a pad-player for the entirety of my short fighting-games career, and from what I've been hearing, a stick is a must if I really want to get better.

I've been doing me research on the subject, from the pros vs. con of building my own stick rather than buying it off the shelf (and I do have a access to a battery-dead 6axis pcb that's just screaming to be brought back to life), to the debate of octo-gate vs square gates vs free gates.

Kinda overwhelmed, and I've been getting sticker-shock at some of the higher end premade sticks. I'm pretty close to noobish in fighting strength, and I heard the transition from pad to stick is fairly rough. I think, whether I build it or buy it, that I might settle for an octo gate setup, but aside from that, I'm still pretty lost in the whole subject. Any suggestions? Should I just get the low-priced and cheaply made Mad Catz stick, or should I go ahead and pick up a Hori or something? Are there videos or tutorials of how to pull off those moves in SF4 that I've been pulling off on gamepads?

I started to browse around the SRK forums... but some of those guys kinda scare me, and the last thing I want is to be flamed out of a forum.

My blistered thumbs thanks in advance.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Picked up SF4 from that Target sale a few weeks ago.

I'm thinking about getting a stick for my ps3, since that's what my copy of SF4 is for. I've been a pad-player for the entirety of my short fighting-games career, and from what I've been hearing, a stick is a must if I really want to get better.

I've been doing me research on the subject, from the pros vs. con of building my own stick rather than buying it off the shelf (and I do have a access to a battery-dead 6axis pcb that's just screaming to be brought back to life), to the debate of octo-gate vs square gates vs free gates.

Kinda overwhelmed, and I've been getting sticker-shock at some of the higher end premade sticks. I'm pretty close to noobish in fighting strength, and I heard the transition from pad to stick is fairly rough. I think, whether I build it or buy it, that I might settle for an octo gate setup, but aside from that, I'm still pretty lost in the whole subject. Any suggestions? Should I just get the low-priced and cheaply made Mad Catz stick, or should I go ahead and pick up a Hori or something? Are there videos or tutorials of how to pull off those moves in SF4 that I've been pulling off on gamepads?

My blistered thumbs thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Hold on there tiger. The Madcatz sticks are not cheaply made. On top of that they have a better design. A basic FS3 or EX2 are not bad for first time stick owners but the Madcatz SE is better than both of them out of the box. When it comes to the TE vs a EX or HRAP 3 the TE beats them out hands down. Better parts, better desgin all around.

As for vids, Im sure there are but it doesnt matter. You can watch all the vids you want but the only way to get the moves down or get better is to pratice. There is no trick to it you just have to keep playing.

For gates your on your own. Each person likes something else. I use sqaure for charge toons and octogon gates for shotos. Nether one is really better than the other it just depends on what you like and how they feel for you.

As for building to buying, thats up to you as well. I have built, but any more with time restrants and how much better sticks are and easyer to mod this gen I just mod any more. I would say just buy a stock stick, and start with moding and work your way up to building your own if you find the sticks today still dont offer what your looking for.

[quote name='LostRoad']Hold on there tiger. The Madcatz sticks are not cheaply made. On top of that they have a better design. A basic FS3 or EX2 are not bad for first time stick owners but the Madcatz SE is better than both of them out of the box. When it comes to the TE vs a EX or HRAP 3 the TE beats them out hands down. Better parts, better desgin all around.

As for vids, Im sure there are but it doesnt matter. You can watch all the vids you want but the only way to get the moves down or get better is to pratice. There is no trick to it you just have to keep playing.

For gates your on your own. Each person likes something else. I use sqaure for charge toons and octogon gates for shotos. Nether one is really better than the other it just depends on what you like and how they feel for you.

As for building to buying, thats up to you as well. I have built, but any more with time restrants and how much better sticks are and easyer to mod this gen I just mod any more. I would say just buy a stock stick, and start with moding and work your way up to building your own if you find the sticks today still dont offer what your looking for.[/QUOTE]

First off, thanks for replying.

I've picked up some jank accessories from MadCatz before, but I guess I should get my hands on some of their sticks before passing judgment on those. Then again, the TE sticks comes in at around $150, so I guess I am spending a bit on a better-made product (having sanwa parts).

I'm a shoto player, coming from Guilty Gears Accent Core. Getting tired of playing Ken most of the time, and I'm not seeing myself improve in my match ups. Actually feels like I'm button mashing half the time, especially when I can't feel the tips of my thumb anymore from non-stop shuryikens and dragon punches. Also... the shoulder buttons are ackward as hell to use.

I'm interested in playing charge characters though. I know if I go with the inexpensive FS3, that I'll be getting a square gate stick, and that I should be good in the whole "playing charge". Anybody know how easy it is to mod it to an octo?

I'm about to hit the sack, and I'll hit Google first thing tomorrow morning.

PS to the Mods: Yeah, this posts is more at home in the Stick Thread, but I'm tired and I need to hit the sack, so :p

Just for the record, me and Rolento have an ancient ball-bustin' tradition over Tekken. I was talking to him because that's the kind of thing we've done since I first met the guy. That said, I'm sure he understood that I was busting his chops. I wasn't trying to turn this into a virtual "who's got the bigger dick" argument.

However, I look forward to the challenge. It will give me reason to play a whole lot and become as good as I used to be. I'm very out of practice because I was not a big fan of Dark Resurrection, plus my local arcade didn't get it right away, so I was not able to practice except if I went to University Pinball. By the time I could take the game seriously (I had money to travel to Philly daily), I was behind the curve. My favorite version of 5 is still 5.1, although that didn't really have a very long arcade life.

That said, Tekken is by FAR the game I take the most seriously, and is my best game. I was very devoted to it, playing in a ton of tournaments and reading up on the game like it was my job. I still have a pretty proud moment in getting matched up with Justin Wong in the first round of regionals, and falling to him the first match, but rallying to win the last 2 and not be dropped to losers. I know that Tekken isn't Justin's main game, but it was still pretty cool and he was a pretty decent player.

I don't believe I'm the best Tekken player in the world, hell I'm 99.9% sure I'm not even the best player in this thread. But I welcome the challenge, from anyone and everyone, and all I can do is play my best and continue to practice. I'm not a pushover. So....

Bring it on, bitches.

Can't wait.

[quote name='LostRoad']You guys crack me up. All the huffing and puffing till Mark comes in? Acting like dogs that got his nose smacked with a paper.

Assassin check out the the Akuma thread on srk for tips. One thing I will tell you is forget about demon, super or ultra until you can do it with out thought, and even then its very risky.[/QUOTE]

Well, Mark used to be travel and play tourneys frequently, so it would probably be a good idea to take almost anything he says about Tekken and how we play it seriously.

He's also way better than any of us regulars at DR, which he proved on multiple Tekken nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back