General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Ellis talking about it on 1up yours a few weeks back got it in my brain to play it soon.

I was NEVER EVER able to get the gold trophy on PJM where you have to clear the level without losing one of your village people.

That was so damn hard even with walkthroughs I found, I just gave up on it.

I've been playing a shit ton on Fallout 3 again lately. I think I have three achievement quests left (excluding the stupid Nuka Cola challenge I'm not doing), and then I've got Broken Steel and The Pitt to play through.

Blew through Operation Anchorage last night. I hated it at first, but I had a blast as soon as I got to the base. I wish there were more missions like that in the game, or at least the option to play through it again.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You guys are making me want to play through ICO again.[/QUOTE]
DO IT.

The Nuka Cola Challenge wasn't a pain for me since I'd already been collecting the Quantums needed, just because. Only had to scavenge for a few.

To be honest, I played ICO once and that was enough for me. SotC on the other hand was fun to replay. I even did all the normal and hard time attacks to unlock all items. makes the game even more crazy.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Does the guitar from Guitar Hero III on PS3 (the Les Paul) work with GH1 and GH2?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

DarthPuma listens to HHiG? Wow. Color me impressed.

Is that Badman game PSN only, or is there a UMD available?

Red Faction single player seems enjoyable enough. I get much better chance to blow things up in single player and enjoy the destruction.

Finally got the BF1943 trial to work. Very pretty game, but I don't think I'll be getting it. Good little nostalgia trip though, I used to play a lot of 1942 until I found Modern Combat.

And I see everyone is still spastic over planes. I was playing Wake Island and some moron tried his best to park his tank in front of my plane.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I've been playing a shit ton on Fallout 3 again lately. I think I have three achievement quests left (excluding the stupid Nuka Cola challenge I'm not doing), and then I've got Broken Steel and The Pitt to play through.

Blew through Operation Anchorage last night. I hated it at first, but I had a blast as soon as I got to the base. I wish there were more missions like that in the game, or at least the option to play through it again.[/QUOTE]

You can get 1/3 to 1/2 of the quantum bottles in one swoop, southeast of Old Olney in a wrecked Nuka Cola delivery truck. Pretty much the only way to do it if you've been using/selling the Nuka Quantums you found for the majority of the game.

Playing some Warriors Orochi 2... I know most don't likely the series, but I've always enjoyed them. They remind me of modern beat 'em ups.

Playing this though really makes me wish the sequel to Devil Kings came out in America, as the original was my favorite game in this genre.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just beat Bionic Commando. If you don't pay attention to any story it's a very solid game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.... I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Agreed.... I really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda don't understand the lower scores. It wasn't as over the top as Lost Planet, but it nailed the use of mechanics very well.

I still don't like
what they did with Joe... seeing as he was my fave character in the OG BC
but then again, the entire story besides how bionics are made felt like major BS.

Just played through the trial of The Secret of Monkey Island SE and then immediately bought it. I can't believe I've never played this game before.
__
I had a lot of fun with Bionic Commando, but it did drag in parts.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']On Chapter 2 of Dead Space, just wondering if I can upgrade everything in my first playthrough and if not do my upgrades carry over in a new playthrough?[/QUOTE]

You likely won't be able to upgrade everything on one playthrough. It will probably take 1.5-2. Your stuff carries into a new game, yes. I believe that you have to stay on the same difficulty though, I can't remember.

@Trakan
You likely won't be able to upgrade everything on one playthrough. It will probably take 1.5-2. Your stuff carries into a new game, yes. I believe that you have to stay on the same difficulty though, I can't remember.
Appreciate it. Might have to buy it cheap (renting it right now and is my favorite horror videogame yet). Other videogames should take note of its introduction.

Might have to do a review for it to further praise it.

Just began RE5 last night.

I look forward to 5.5 more chapters of my partner's utter uselessness save for shooting my bullets and using my green herbs.

[quote name='mykevermin']Just began RE5 last night.

I look forward to 5.5 more chapters of my partner's utter uselessness save for shooting my bullets and using my green herbs.[/QUOTE]

I think they do get better later on, but for the best RE5 experience you really need to get a co-op partner Myke.

Hi Ben - I went a little purchase crazy last night when I realized that the MST3ks were mad cheap in that DD sale.

1 RHI970105 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 2 - $27.31
1 RHI970106 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 3 - $27.31
1 RHI970221 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 4 - $30.58
1 RHI970257 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 5 - $30.58
1 RHI970376 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 6 - $30.58

[quote name='benjamouth']I think they do get better later on, but for the best RE5 experience you really need to get a co-op partner Myke.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's pretty terrible without a friend.

I've only played it once for half a chapter alone before I quit.
But I've beat it 3 times with different buddies.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hi Ben - I went a little purchase crazy last night when I realized that the MST3ks were mad cheap in that DD sale.

1 RHI970105 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 2 - $27.31
1 RHI970106 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 3 - $27.31
1 RHI970221 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 4 - $30.58
1 RHI970257 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 5 - $30.58
1 RHI970376 DVD : MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET VOL 6 - $30.58[/QUOTE]

Hi Mak :wave:

You got some awesome deals there, I've never regretted what ever I've paid for an MST3K set but I think I've only ever got 1 for less than $30. Course I don't have a Vol 9 or original Vol 10 :cry:

So to pick up 5 sets for $30 or less is good times.

My gameplay habits aren't conducive to co-op.

I'll play for 30m-an hour and stop and come back later.

Are those MST3K still that cheap and where? I kinda hope not since I shouldn't buy them - but fuck me I really want 'em.

What did you think of Eat Lead since you finished it myke?
I started it a couple days ago but will likely finish it.

Battlefield 1943 is fun, voice chat issues aside (had to use my phone or party chat on XBL to talk)

Just figured out why Splosion Man isnt working... I don't think it is out yet... Haha. The dev kit allows me to download it. But, it is missing a TON of stuff. Anyone have any reccomendations on XBLA games?

[quote name='mykevermin']

Are those MST3K still that cheap and where? I kinda hope not since I shouldn't buy them - but fuck me I really want 'em.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. Deepdiscount.com. Use code DVDTALK at checkout and it takes 25% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back