General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Yes sir. Deepdiscount.com. Use code DVDTALK at checkout and it takes 25% off.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I want them!

fuck you, I shouldn't buy them!

;)

You got some awesome deals there, I've never regretted what ever I've paid for an MST3K set but I think I've only ever got 1 for less than $30. Course I don't have a Vol 9 or original Vol 10 :cry:
You'd be pissed to hear I got my vols 1 & 2 for $3 each at goodwill. Not new granted, but in like-new condition.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is Lair good at all after the patch that lets you use the sticks?[/QUOTE]

I got it for a couple of bucks and the first level wasn't horrible.

what WAS horrible was the 60 minutes or so it took to d/l and install the analog patch.

I gots some Anime for sale on my TL!
If you have the thinpaks of some titles and prefer original boxsets, I'LL TOTALLY TRADE!
LET'S BE BFFS :)

Also, the LBP update (1.16) is taking an insanely long time to install. Silly sony.

The thing that I really liked about LAIR was is epicness.

Every level is epic in some way. I've never tried it with analog controls, so no comment on that.

I have Lair but haven't played it yet, still mint/complete. Also have RE5/Bioshock for PS3 mint/complete...looking for LBP, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles or KZ2, but haven't had luck yet. -_-

Sucks about Bayonetta - I was just starting to get excited for that game. January probably makes more sense, but.. I want it!

I bought BlazBlue today. I'm dying to open it up and watch the bluray, but I know I should keep it sealed for a bit, at least until I have to take the one I rented back.

I don't know why I continue to play Vesperia right now. I'm just making a hopeful 2nd playthrough less painful. I have about...350 items to get in the Collector's Book still. Sheesh, this sucks.

A ton of games are getting pushed back. I guess they learned after last year having so many good games (and so many good deals!) between october and january.

In particular I am looking forward to Darksiders: Wrath of War, which for some reason comes out Jan 1st :bomb:

Bayonetta needs to release in January to actually have good sales stateside.

I'm learning that my faveorite game releases always seem to be in Q1.

Q4 is when all the damn "blockbuster" titles hit, or as I call it the "too many games released" months.

[quote name='dallow']Cheesy techno music and silly robot fight cannot be the best intro ever.[/QUOTE]
Seriously.

I like the Tekken 5 intro, but it's so far from the best it's ridiculous.

:lol: I'm preaching to the wrong crowd obviously.

In terms of story it's my fave since it ties alot of Tekken history storyline into "WTF! Holy Shit!" moments.

and please, don't say that any JRPG has the best intro :lol:

though someone is going to post it now that I said it.

... better be vagrant story ;)

It's not even the best Tekken intro. (tekken 2 maybe? in my head i have a picture of jun in a heavy tokyo street, camera zooms in and she turns around)

Dang, starting to think about the Soul Blade intro. That blew my mind as a kid.
Hehe, I watched it now, completely forgot it had that weird song with lyrics.
I could remember the music but not the singing.

Reminds me of the Blue Dragon fight boss music in it's style.

[quote name='dallow']Cheesy techno music and silly robot fight cannot be the best intro ever.[/QUOTE]
It's so awesome that I show up in the GGT and read this post first - and immediately know that it can only be in response to ReRo.

aw shit - blazblue has clicked. So has Red Faction.

The ice dude with the sword is probably the "ken" scrubby character, right?

I wouldn't mind having that one replay a couple times before playing it :p
[quote name='jer7583']aw shit - blazblue has clicked. So has Red Faction.

The ice dude with the sword is probably the "ken" scrubby character, right?[/QUOTE]
You know it! Along with Nu I might add. That's your spammable Sagat right there.

So I've thought it through and I don't think I would be willing to give up my 360 because I want to play my friends over Live in college. Playing a bunch of FIFA and NBA 2K tonight reminded me of that. None of my friends have PS3. Hopefully in the future, maybe a year or two or three I can get a PS3.
Or whenever The Last Guardian comes out. :D

Tried the Monkey Island and BF1943 trials. 43 wouldn't connect and Monkey Island is cool but I never played the original so there is only slight nostalgia based on me playing other point and click games.

:lol: as if this thread isn't JPN music or anime lovers (not bashing) so no surprise I get a sham. I like the Zone of Enders intro, but never did it for me to be honest. Dingo needs to replace Snake IMHO... Dingo was such a good character. He dosn't like anime music ;)

jk

what about opposites? best credits?

so far a very recent fave that speaks to me since it's in the same field of work I do and I love the style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHUdDCxwBk

and please no one bring up portal. the internet already loves it too much :lol:

Darkness, you LittleDeadSpace levels are the most amazing LBP levels I've ever seen.
Along with Spongebob and Toystory levels I played, LBP is so fucking cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back