General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Better online, achievements, more players online (particularly once the game gets older.)

Remote play on BB = useless.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tiredfornow']Fighting games on PSP? l o l.[/QUOTE]

:lol: at the easy CAG PSP hate on and love for XBLA.

I bet if I put the same post on GAF it'd be lopsided the other way (which still isn't good IMHO).

Why can't there be a non-sided place?

Didn't blaz sell better on PS3 anyway? I think longeterm it's going to have a better life on PS3, partially because the japanese players. oh , and it's got trophies too right? pretty even if I would guess.

Trophies are a poor rip-off, but I agree that fighting games are fine on PS3. That was more in reference to:

still dont see the logic unless ur playing a 2007 PS3 game.

Not to mention the PS3 controller is awful for shooters, and like no one has a mic.

We're not hating on the PSP, Rolento. A fighting game on a tiny screen with a hand cramping system? The game just doesn't belong on there.

lulz at some of the posts above

---

Oh WSR isn't even out. No wonder no one has impressions. Saw a demo at a store a while ago and assumed it was.
I'm passing on it for now anyway and getting Little King's Story instead.

[quote name='manthing']Trophies are retarded[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']Achievements are retarded too.[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of these things.

My Bayonetta import just got delayed too! :(

Someone explained that the Asian version was probably a repackaged US version so the delay affected it as well.
Ah phooey!

[quote name='tiredfornow']We're not hating on the PSP, Rolento. A fighting game on a tiny screen with a hand cramping system? The game just doesn't belong on there.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Tekken DR. I still feel like that game was perfect on the PSP.

Alot of fighters are on 360 and I personally think they shouldn't because of the pad, but there's always other ways around, just like the PSP.

so again, numb water lillies.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
Not to mention the PS3 controller is awful for shooters, and like no one has a mic.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't like mics unless it's with friends (such as you) or other CAGs. Outside of that I hate having a mic :lol:

Every time I've got on with a mic with randoms, it usually makes me hate playing online :lol:

I'm playing on normal and the game makes me cry sometimes. That heavy metal mission in Dust with the tank is brutal, I always get one vehicle away before I get killed.

[quote name='Maklershed']Umm, not sure. It's prob on whatever the default setting is.[/QUOTE]
Everyone says to play on casual for maximum fun with the destruction mechanic.

[quote name='refusedchaos']just got my m17x laptop today...now, what are some good pc games to play?

how are Demigod, NecroVision, and Cryostasis?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Demigod, but I don't know if they ironed out the online issues since the last time I played.

[quote name='jer7583']I finally got around to putting in a few of those flipping BBV B1G1 leftovers - some were better than expected, some not so much.

I think I'll like Mercs 2 a lot, from first impression. Bullet Witch is not good, but I think I might play it. It reeks of first gen 360 development - the dithered (i think) shadows are just fucking awful. Bullet Witch is like a bastard, mentally handicapped, alpha version of bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to like mercs 2, I loved the first one, but they messed up so many simple things. Red Faction Guerilla was to me, what Mercs 2 should have been.

[quote name='Maklershed']Red Faction needs 90% less enemies.
[/QUOTE]

As much as I am loving Red Faction (shameless plug: XBL cag night tomorrow), The enemies take a beating before dying and they seem to infinitely respawn.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Everyone says to play on casual for maximum fun with the destruction mechanic.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. EDF and now marauders have a nasty habit of showing up in huge groups when I don't want them to, so I keep dying because instead of getting to kill them I have to run away and hide.

Wow .. not a single post since 10:32 last night?!

[quote name='Flak']Definitely. EDF and now marauders have a nasty habit of showing up in huge groups when I don't want them to, so I keep dying because instead of getting to kill them I have to run away and hide.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I think I'll take Frisky's advice and lower the difficulty. This game is more about messing around and destroying stuff than it is actual story and feeling a sense of accomplishment for beating a campaign on a respectable difficulty level.

[quote name='Maklershed']Wow .. not a single post since 10:32 last night?!

Ditto. I think I'll take Frisky's advice and lower the difficulty. This game is more about messing around and destroying stuff than it is actual story and feeling a sense of accomplishment for beating a campaign on a respectable difficulty level.[/QUOTE]

Morning Mak :wave:

Watched Robot Vs The Aztec Mummy last night, it wasn't bad for such an early episode. Seeing the KTMA clips was cool but I have little desire to see those eps whole, they look a bit ropey.

If EDF had online co-op it may well have been the greatest thing ever.

I was gonna watch that but I watched The Girl in Lovers Lane instead. The lead actress in that was beautiful. And if I'm not mistaken, the creepy killer guy (Johnny?) played Igor in Young Frankenstein.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was gonna watch that but I watched The Girl in Lovers Lane instead. The lead actress in that was beautiful. And if I'm not mistaken, the creepy killer guy (Johnny?) played Igor in Young Frankenstein.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went with what I suspected to be the weakest episode first, Girl in Lovers lane and Racket Girls are supposed to be really good, and I've already see Zombie Nightmare.

Anyone know where to find a high-res version of this?

red_faction_guerrilla.jpg

Can anyone recommend some WiiWare titles? Got a TON of points and so far, I only bought Bit.Trip.Beat and it's sequel.
I browsed the whole store, and could only generate mild interest in a few of them.

World of Goo I have on PC.

This site is pretty good for Wiiware reviews - because yeah, there's a lot of crap. The art style games are good though, mostly. The only ones i have are defend your castle, the two bit trip games, swords and soldiers, Mega Man 9, and FFIV the after years. I thought about getting one of the two Crystal Chronicles games, but.. eh.

http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/reviews

I must have loaded/replayed the destroying of that bridge in badlands 6 times tonight. That was a LOT of fun in RFG.

The first time was the best though, I had mostly destroyed the bridge but it hadn't started falling - I shot down a helicopter and it fell through the bridge, triggering its collapse. fucking awesome.

My weekend pickups (including today)
All new and sealed.

-PS3
Heavenly Sword - $15

Fear 2 - $10
50 Cent: BotS - $10
DDR Universe 1 - $5

-Wii
HotD: Overkill - $12
Dead Rising: Choppy Chop - $10
Kororinpa 2: $8

-PS2
Odin Sphere (non-GH) - $10
Silent Hill: Origins - $8

-PSX
Omega Boost - $10
Incredible Crisis (actually used but MINT) - $13

And some WiiWare, DSiWare, PSN stuff.

I'm most excited to play those two PSX games again, been years.

My cat loves to sleep on my cheapo arcade stick. It's weird, he either sleeps on it, or hangs around it and keeps one paw on it.

And, yes, I need to clean. (just bought a really nice vacuum a week ago and can't wait to try it out)

pic, damn, he's gotten fat, diet time
catondiscostick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back