General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol:

amazing. I don't know if this is just sloppy or silly but finally, after 2 years I got approved today to post on GAF... finally.

At least it was during a time when I actually wanted to post things now.[/QUOTE]

I applied last week got approved in less than 48 hours. :booty:

[quote name='Flak']I can't get approved, I just have generic free e-mail addys. Which one's did you guys use?[/QUOTE]
Work email. Took a couple months I believe.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I'm considering splosion man today since TMNTIT is not the price I wanted.[/QUOTE]

splosion man is so much fun :D
plus u can unlock 2 gamerpics a premium theme and avatar accessories

You ever take time off from playing a game online and come back to it only to find you now suck?

After EVO, I got the itch to play SFIV again. Popped it in after months of not playing and went online and proceeded to get my ass handed to me.

I wasn't exactly good before, but I was decent. 17 win streak and a >60% win %. I tried out the new Championship mode and could not get out of the lowest rank.

So I decided to play Fight Night Round 4 online instead. I'm alot better at that than I am SFIV.

Now I want to try out some COD4 or WaW, but I'm scared to go online now and stink it up cos I haven't played in a few months.

Maybe I'll try some BlazBlue before everyone gets good at it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']splosion man is so much fun :D
plus u can unlock 2 gamerpics a premium theme and avatar accessories[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm not interested in splosion man per se, but the unlocking of gamerpics, theme, and accessories is a brilliant idea. I wish more games, XBLA or otherwise would do this! I blame MS. :p

TMNTiT is out today? Crap.

I was also going to get Wipeout HD expansion and maybe shatter tomorrow too. Gah, backlog increase!

[quote name='gunm']Wow, I'm not interested in splosion man per se, but the unlocking of gamerpics, theme, and accessories is a brilliant idea. I wish more games, XBLA or otherwise would do this! I blame MS. :p

TMNTiT is out today? Crap.

I was also going to get Wipeout HD expansion and maybe shatter tomorrow too. Gah, backlog increase![/QUOTE]

turtles in time got pushed back to aug 5th and was replaced by splosion man which is out today :D

The Maw gives you gamerpics and a premium theme for beating the game, too. It seems to just be Twisted Pixel that is smart about that stuff at the moment.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']turtles in time got pushed back to aug 5th and was replaced by splosion man which is out today :D[/QUOTE]

Oh good...I think?

Kudos to Twisted Pixel for the unlockables!

[quote name='dallow']Wow, I feel like a dick.
The potluck luncheon for the people leaving us just started. I didn't realize the people who got first dibs on the food were supposed to be the people being let go.

I was second in line.

I DIDN'T KNOW![/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess that means you have to be fired to make up for being a dick, dallow.[/QUOTE]Yup. Tanuki is right, ya big asshole.

What was for lunch?

20090722-FP_3298202_BULLS_Lady_Gaga_EXCL_072109.jpg

I'm divided, what should I get with my 50% coupon...

SFIV TE FightStick
MW2 Prestige Edition
or
Rock Band Beatles Crazy box of plastic shit edition.
or None of the above?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So we have me, Chibi_Kaji and Rei for some MUA (360). Can we get a 4th?[/QUOTE]
I WANT IN, but my 360 is RROD...
If you can wait a couple weeks, I'll set up evenings and I'll play like mad!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Someone better be the Hulk in MUA if you wanna beat the game in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

Which one of his skills is so powerful? I played with him on my second play though and didn't think he was anything special, Dr. Doom on the other hand.

Stan lee is making his first cameo in MUA2:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/22/stan-lee-makes-first-video-game-appearance-in-marvel-ultimate-al/

Does anyone in GGT read comics regularly? If so what is a good Comic book resource for character bio stuff and book runs etc. Right now I'm just using wikipedia+amazon+comic book resource to catch up on some old stuff and its not really cutting it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Which one of his skills is so powerful? I played with him on my second play though and didn't think he was anything special, Dr. Doom on the other hand.[/QUOTE]
There were 2 in particular. The first was Cyclone Punch, and the other was Fury. Just pump all of your points into those 2 (and maybe his Ultimate, if you want), and he becomes truly unstoppable. The only way he can die is if he gets mobbed completely, and even then, a Cyclone Punch clears the area.

[quote name='bluescrote']which one of his skills is so powerful? I played with him on my second play though and didn't think he was anything special, dr. Doom on the other hand.

Stan lee is making his first cameo in mua2:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/22/stan-lee-makes-first-video-game-appearance-in-marvel-ultimate-al/

Does anyone in ggt read comics regularly? If so what is a good comic book resource for character bio stuff and book runs etc. Right now i'm just using wikipedia+amazon+comic book resource to catch up on some old stuff and its not really cutting it.[/quote]
I use wikipedia mostly, but if I have any specific questions I ask on the comicbookresource.com forums. If you need help with DC stuff let me know. Unfortunately I don't follow marvel well enough to be much help there.

[quote name='relentlessrolento']i awate rei's response.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is weird. Oh well.
Definitely won't re-buy that game.

I'd buy Braid again.
I'd rather buy Braid 2 though.

---

Katamari Tribute demo installed!

That Noby Noby Boy theme is weird as fuck. The background is basically a bunch of doodles on cardboard with icons that are pretty much just one of those doodles.

What's the latest on that TMNT turtles in time remake? Is it for both PSN and XBLM?

In other news, I too have picked up a sealed Omega Boost for $10 at my local game store :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back