General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I need to get Odin Sphere and finish it if I still have my save from before.[/QUOTE]

The final ending of Odin Sphere is balls hard. I didn't have the patience to go back and grind all my characters up to even stand a chance.

Great game otherwise.

[quote name='dallow']My cat loves to sleep on my cheapo arcade stick. It's weird, he either sleeps on it, or hangs around it and keeps one paw on it.

And, yes, I need to clean. (just bought a really nice vacuum a week ago and can't wait to try it out)

pic, damn, he's gotten fat, diet time
catondiscostick.jpg
[/QUOTE]

He's keeping it warm for ya!

[quote name='dallow']My cat loves to sleep on my cheapo arcade stick. It's weird, he either sleeps on it, or hangs around it and keeps one paw on it.

And, yes, I need to clean. (just bought a really nice vacuum a week ago and can't wait to try it out)

catondiscostick.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im on ur stick beaten ur balrog.

Meh, that was terrible, I'm no good at LOLcats. More people should post pics of their pets though.

Cute Cat Dallow, if you move the stick from under him does he miaow at you ?

I played HOTD:Overkill which I picked up from Target last night, seemed pretty decent. Watched an episode of Fifth Gear then played Prince Caspian on the 360 for a bit, for a movie game I'm only playing for a quick 1000 nerd points, it actually seems ok.

catondiscostick.jpg
[/QUOTE]:lol:

What kinda stick is it?

[quote name='dallow']My weekend pickups (including today)
All new and sealed.

-PS3
Heavenly Sword - $15

Fear 2 - $10
50 Cent: BotS - $10
DDR Universe 1 - $5

-Wii
HotD: Overkill - $12
Dead Rising: Choppy Chop - $10
Kororinpa 2: $8

-PS2
Odin Sphere (non-GH) - $10
Silent Hill: Origins - $8

-PSX
Omega Boost - $10
Incredible Crisis (actually used but MINT) - $13

And some WiiWare, DSiWare, PSN stuff.

I'm most excited to play those two PSX games again, been years.[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups. But that's a lot of games for someone who doesn't play games... ;)

[quote name='dallow']My weekend pickups (including today)
All new and sealed.

-PS3
Heavenly Sword - $15

Fear 2 - $10
50 Cent: BotS - $10
DDR Universe 1 - $5

-Wii
HotD: Overkill - $12
Dead Rising: Choppy Chop - $10
Kororinpa 2: $8

-PS2
Odin Sphere (non-GH) - $10
Silent Hill: Origins - $8

-PSX
Omega Boost - $10
Incredible Crisis (actually used but MINT) - $13

And some WiiWare, DSiWare, PSN stuff.

I'm most excited to play those two PSX games again, been years.[/QUOTE]
Where'd you find Omega Boost sealed? :eek:

I remember playing that for days on end. Game is so bad ass, still holds up for me even today.

Another game that needs either a remake or sequel...or maybe both :D

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nice pickups. But that's a lot of games for someone who doesn't play games... ;)[/QUOTE]The backlog keeps growing and growing and growing... :cry:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Where'd you find Omega Boost sealed? :eek:

I remember playing that for days on end. Game is so bad ass, still holds up for me even today.

Another game that needs either a remake or sequel...or maybe both :D[/QUOTE]Just got lucky. Some weird random independant game shop that had nothing else good.

It just seems that besides Alan Wake every game on the horizon that I'm interested in and is exclusive to 360 is an uninspiring sequel with the same old, same old gameplay and the continuation of a shitty storyline. ie: Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War 3, Halo 3: ODST, Crackdown 2.

Maybe Splinter Cell will be good and I haven't touched the Mass Effect franchise yet but I'm not really that interested. Those are the only two other interesting franchises. I just don't see many interesting games.

I wish any of my friends owned PS3 because online play really is a big deal for Modern Warfare 2 and Madden/NBA/FIFA. And damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that slim PS3 looks hawt.

I don't think I really like dogs anymore after spending the last 4ish years in a house with three terrible, small, always-barking completely untrained ridiculous dogs. And with a neighbor on each side that has their own barking dog they always have in the yard. At this point any little dog barking seriously pisses me off so hard.

Cats are adorable and I love them. That pug is adorable tho.

I've been playing Prince of Persia 360...pretty.

[quote name='gunm']yo, where'd ya get 50 Cent d?[/QUOTE]Some Targets have it dropped down to 14.xx on clearance.
That and Fear 2 qualified for the B1G1 50% off to average about $10 each.

[quote name='nyprimus4']It just seems that besides Alan Wake every game on the horizon that I'm interested in and is exclusive to 360 is an uninspiring sequel with the same old, same old gameplay and the continuation of a shitty storyline. ie: Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War 3, Halo 3: ODST, Crackdown 2.

Maybe Splinter Cell will be good and I haven't touched the Mass Effect franchise yet but I'm not really that interested. Those are the only two other interesting franchises. I just don't see many interesting games.

I wish any of my friends owned PS3 because online play really is a big deal for Modern Warfare 2 and Madden/NBA/FIFA. And damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that slim PS3 looks hawt.[/QUOTE]
Still going on about this?
I guess it depends how much you actually play with friends and enjoy it.

I like it a lot, but don't play too often online.
So if I only had one, I'd get the system with the most games that I wanted to play.

Sell the 360 and buy a cheap used one to keep around for online.
Get a PS3 for some Demons Soul, and PSN action.

Primus, save your money now and buy a slim when it comes out.

The friends thing is huge, IMO. All my friends have a 360. If they didn't I wouldn't play as much.

About finished with Fear 2. Much better than the original.

On a side note, anyone from the GGT interested in playing through Ultimate Alliance on 360? I wanna re-beat it sometime soon, but since I solo'ed it before I thought it'd be fun to do it over Live. Anyone interested?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']About finished with Fear 2. Much better than the original.

On a side note, anyone from the GGT interested in playing through Ultimate Alliance on 360? I wanna re-beat it sometime soon, but since I solo'ed it before I thought it'd be fun to do it over Live. Anyone interested?[/QUOTE]

I'm starting a new job soon so I might be down depending on the time.

Thanks, dallow--I suspected it was Target clearance. I'm going to check out my local Target during my lunch break...I'm not too hopeful though because there weren't many copies and the last price I saw them at was $29.98.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']About finished with Fear 2. Much better than the original.

On a side note, anyone from the GGT interested in playing through Ultimate Alliance on 360? I wanna re-beat it sometime soon, but since I solo'ed it before I thought it'd be fun to do it over Live. Anyone interested?[/QUOTE]

I just finished it again a couple weeks ago co-oping. Very fun, although I wish it handled multiple players a bit better camera-wise.

Hey everybody should check out my featured review of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood at giant bomb - I'm on the front page!

my dad beat it a few months ago on PC and enjoyed it but still thought it was so so.

His personal favorite is Painkiller, so I'm happy a new game is coming out for that sometime so that he can play it.

I'm definitely down. Just let me know when.

Just preordered Demon's Souls Deluxe off of Amazon, since it was in my Gold Box, and I begged an ECA code off of my code bitch. I heard that it's hard as fuck, but I'm ready to die over and over.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So far we got me and Rei No Okatui..

we need 2 more to finish Ultimate Alliance... get hype![/QUOTE]

I'm down for it.

:lol:

amazing. I don't know if this is just sloppy or silly but finally, after 2 years I got approved today to post on GAF... finally.

At least it was during a time when I actually wanted to post things now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol:

amazing. I don't know if this is just sloppy or silly but finally, after 2 years I got approved today to post on GAF... finally.

At least it was during a time when I actually wanted to post things now.[/QUOTE]

grats whats ur name on gaf?
edit:nvm :lol:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']On a side note, anyone from the GGT interested in playing through Ultimate Alliance on 360? I wanna re-beat it sometime soon, but since I solo'ed it before I thought it'd be fun to do it over Live. Anyone interested?[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested in some co-op. I've wanted to atleast try and get a few of those co-op achievements...

I'd be down for MUA but my brother would flip if I didn't finish the game with him first. We just finished up Mephisto's Lair, so we have a few missions left but we haven't played in like a month.

I'm still waiting for my GAF account activation.

Although, I can't check my email right now so that makes it kinda moot. :lol:

Oh man, Ghostbusters Wii is fun.

Wow, I feel like a dick.
The potluck luncheon for the people leaving us just started. I didn't realize the people who got first dibs on the food were supposed to be the people being let go.

I was second in line.

I DIDN'T KNOW!

That transporter mission in RFG with the marauder trike is crazy frustrating. It handles like ass but they expect me to weave a series of sharp turns while avoiding marauder vehicles and the EDF? Meh, maybe after I liberate the Badlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back