GGT 64: Memory Expansion Pak Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
gwen: I'm watching the animated one... Sailor Moon Super S, dubbed though. My daughter doesn't like reading subtitles lol.

Neo Geo

Ah. Both anime and live action are amazing in how goofy they are. I wish they had brought over a good Sailor Moon RPG.

chat. chat. chat.

[quote name='MarkMan']gwen: I'm watching the animated one... Sailor Moon Super S, dubbed though. My daughter doesn't like reading subtitles lol.[/quote]
You should start teaching her at an early age that Japanese is the only way to watch anime!!!

I kid, Actually I find as I get older I tend to watch dubs more and more. Not really sure why that is...

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm not especially convinced about Dragon Quest IV either... the way they were describing features like "change characters!" or "cast a spell!" makes me think that the game is running on nothing but nostalgia.[/quote]
DQ4 is great. I played the original on NES several times.

Again, and I don't know how many times I've repeated this: the game is great if you enjoy several small stories with an overarching back story. I don't know about that new localization though. The graphical update should help tremendously with visualizing some of the more tragic scenes in the game.

The gameplay is standard DQ fare, but it should be a lot better than it was. In the original last chapter, you could only control your main character; super annoying when your priest decides he don't wanna heal no more and wants to cast sleep on a boss immune to it =)

In terms of grinding, I can't think of too many places where you'd actually need to. And if you do, it's usually not for a long time; you can probably finish your grind in 10-15 minutes. And you do fight Toriyama monsters which are as memorable as they come =) Just remember you don't always need top-of-the-line equipment. I still remember in DQ8, I gave Angelo the second bow available in the game and he used that until the last boss... on top of that, I was underleveled compared to everyone else. Go figure. That pretty much goes for DQ4 as well.

[quote name='guinaevere']For the money, I'd just buy a PS3 (even a used one at GS, maybe). It's sony so it's a quality BR player if nothing else. And even if you never want to buy a ps3 game, you can download demos and junk like that, which you cant do on a stand alone.[/quote]

Does the PS3 upscale standard dvds to 1080?

TWENY is the best SquareEnix RPG to come out in least five years. Maybe 10..

I'm in for DQIV. Gonna skip FFIV unless it gets super cheap--already have FFIV GBA and haven't gotten to it yet. :p

[quote name='jer7583']TWENY is the best SquareEnix RPG to come out in least five years. Maybe 10..[/quote]

The World Ends (in) New York?

Hey GGT,

Just got back from a trip to Niagra Falls, trying to catch up with the E3 news. Doesn't sound like I missed much, might pick up FF XIII now it's coming to 360.

It was all PSP last week, some mini reviews:whistle2:

Burnout Dominator - a lot like Burnout Legends but not quite as good cos the new modes (Maniac, Dominator) aren't that great. But if you've played legends to death like I have it's worth $20.

SNK Arcade Classics Vol1 - Some excellent games (Neo Turf Masters, KOF) mixed in with a lot of games that are probably an aquired taste. I really like Sidekicks 3, but I can imagine a lot of people wouldn't. Worth the $20 I paid at BB, but maybe not the $30 Amazon want.

God of War: COO - Awesome, definitely one of the best, and probably THE best PSP game I've played.

Hell yeah for DQIV. That stuff's off da chain!! Old school roolz!

Ahem.

Anyway, can anyone recommend any good off-road racing sim? Something with lots of tracks, vehicles, and custimization. The last great one I played was 4x4 Evo 2 for the Cube, and I loved how massive that game was as far as number of tracks, vehicles, custimization, missions, race series, etc.

Hmm..haven't tried Sega Rally Revo demo yet. I'll give it a spin soon.

I didn't much care for the DiRT demo tho. But it is just a demo, so I won't judge too harshly. I may give it a rent if the SRR demo isn't any better.

And this just came from Inu:

loldrums.gif

Still waitin' to find Sega Revo dirt cheap. ho ho. :)

Edit: speaking of off road racing, Motorstorm Pacific Rift is looking good. Will probably pick that one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice... elefunk is releasing today for $5. I didn't care about it, but $5 is enough for me to care.

I also second the new motorstorm. I don't like racing games, but I enjoy destruction and crazyness.

I dunno how I feel about Every Extend Extra Extreme... like, it's cool, but I've got the unlimited mode paused at like 10 trillion points, so I'm kinda tired of that.....

[quote name='zewone']MGO expansion pack is today. That was surprising.[/QUOTE]

anyone know how Survival mode plays? I want to know since it'll determine if I get the expansion or not.

[quote name='MarkMan']The MGO update came out last night but the Konami servers ate shit... did they reup it?[/QUOTE]

I heard gamefaq people are having trouble right now with even paying. I'll try later tonight.

There a GGT chat going on right now?
Just wondering, I got a bit of free time before work and I could use something to do.
I''m AzuVikings.
Just send me an invite.

Ah, I forgot about 1942 JS--I'll hold off on E4 and get that instead. Anyone want to two-player that one? It looks really nice.

And I had no luck looking for TRU clearance games and GS used PS3 games during my lunch this afternoon. I guess that's just as well, though...

I think I'm going to pick up a 1600 point card or two tomorrow.

gunm I'll co-op 1942 with you. And I want to play TMNT with Kendal.

thats 1200 points allocated.

I want Ikaruga too so it'll probably be two cards.

Well, years later and Magnius in ToS is still fucking impossible.

I just don't understand what to do. I go into the battle (the regular one before Magnius) at near-full health. Then I beat that easily, and the Magnius fight begins. As soon as he uses Eruption, everyone in its radius dies. Then he just smacks everyone else with his giant fucking axe.

YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE GONNA LIVE THROUGH THIS? No, apparently not.

I love ToS, and I'd really like to play it again, but I guess it doesn't want me to.

[quote name='gunm']Ah what do those limey bastards know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping they're just retarded or something. I really do want the game to be good.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's been a while since I played ToS, so refresh my memory. Is he the optional boss?[/quote]

I wish.

He's the boss in the Palmacosta Human Ranch. The place with Stupidist Broad of All-Time Chocolate.

WAAH! YOU KILLED THE OLD LADY WHO WAS APPARENTLY RELATED TO ME OR SOMETHING (been a while since I actually played any more of the game then this battle) EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD TURNED INTO A MONSTER I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU AND INSTEAD ACT LIKE A STUPID BITCH! WAHH!

Holy shit, I think Nintendo's made it impossible to use the Wii Store. Between the shitty wireless adapter in the Wii and the apparently broken servers over at Nintendo, you can't really hope to get anything bought.

Oh well, I suppose it fits with the rest of the shit Nintendo does.

fuck ToS, can someone help me with Castlevania SotN? I just got the wolf spirit, and all the guides on GameFAQs tell me to go to the library and get the Jewel of Open and open something with that and go here and do this, but I've had the Jewel of Open for ages and already have that stuff done. Now i have no clue where to go in the castle or what to do with the Wolf Spirit. Where do I need to to go to use the wolf spirit and progress?

Oh him, go with
Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena and Genis/Rayne. Lloyd/Kratos near, Sheena mid, Genis/Rayne far. Set one of them to heal constantly (Rayne is better if you're having trouble), Sheena's good for summons. Lloyd combos just destroy him.
. It sounds though like your characters are weak level wise. You might have to go back and level grind for a level. Also check your equipment.

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh him, go with
Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena and Genis/Rayne. Lloyd/Kratos near, Sheena mid, Genis/Rayne far. Set one of them to heal constantly (Rayne is better if you're having trouble), Sheena's good for summons. Lloyd combos just destroy him.
. It sounds though like your characters are weak level wise. You might have to go back and level grind for a level. Also check your equipment.[/quote]

What level should I be? Can I leave the Ranch area in order to go grind?

Hm, I've never had a problem ordering VC stuff before. The last thing I ordered was MLAAK. Which I've been meaning to get back to. Maybe tonight if my co-workers aren't on WoW. >_

last VC game I got was river city ransom... all I have on VC currently are RCR, Sin and Punishment, Zelda OoT (never played it so I made myself buy it... realized I don't like it after many hours of playing), Original Zelda, and that's it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']fuck ToS, can someone help me with Castlevania SotN? I just got the wolf spirit, and all the guides on GameFAQs tell me to go to the library and get the Jewel of Open and open something with that and go here and do this, but I've had the Jewel of Open for ages and already have that stuff done. Now i have no clue where to go in the castle or what to do with the Wolf Spirit. Where do I need to to go to use the wolf spirit and progress?[/quote]

I don't think there's actually a place you need to have the wolf to progress in the game, but its been a while. Have you gotten the double jump in the castle top area, underneath the staircase to dracula's room?

The only VC stuff I want is Sin and Punishment and Metal Slug... the latter because there hasn't been a single competent port of that game yet, so hopefully this is finally the one.

I swear, the game is cursed.

But still soooo much fun. Probably my favorite MS overall.

oh, and I just started Trauma Center: New Blood on the Wii and that shit's great. Well, at least the first operation. I'm sure the rest is too, though.

I'd play more now, but I'm waiting for the really important thing today.

That's right.

America's Best Dance Crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back