GGT 64: Memory Expansion Pak Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']too human feels shallow though... spin the right stick in a circle non-stop = winning.[/QUOTE]
I never understand "too easy" complaints from demos set in the beginning of the game. What do people expect?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'll play three.

edit: Anybody educated in the realm of headphones? My brother needs an all purpose headphone for his laptop, the speakers are true garbage (obviously laptop speakers are bad but my Macbook speakers are probably 10x better and they suck). He plays PC games, listens to music, watches TV, watches movies, watches a lot of Youtube. Umm the norm. He wants a serious headphone and I think the budget for him would be right around $100, he would prefer cheaper but he would go up to $100 or maybe even a little beyond to get the best quality. No buds.[/quote]

Grado SR-60.

I don't think there is anything better for under $100. Tell him to visit headphone.com and read up.

Played a bit more FFX. Just past the lightning temple-puzzle-place. Took me a little while to figure out what the hell to do in that one, but I eventually got it. The game has some great music tho.

And for anyone who's wondering about the Netflix selection of streaming movies, I will attest that most of the movies are crap. But there are a handful of good ones, but mostly older stuff like Ghostbusters and Men in Black. They do however have a pretty large anime selection, both for anime movies & series (I'm actually watching the Gun Sword series now) as well as quite a few western cartoons like All Dogs Go To Heaven and Scooby Doo (good if you got young-uns). They also have a lot of regular TV series to stream, like Weeds, The Office, Dexter, and Heroes (I just rewatched Heroes season 2 on it not long ago). And if you like stuff from the History Channel like me, they got a ton of documentaries like Modern Marvels and Engineering an Empire.

Oof, Krymner, you really messed up by starting on Gun Sword. Show was like.. the most mediocre thing ever.

Still plan to buy EEEE as soon as I get on XBL.

[quote name='gunm']Damn you all, now I want E4. I skipped over it a while back.

But question: E4 or SSHD?[/quote]

E4
*doesnt have a ps3*

[quote name='Chacrana']Oof, Krymner, you really messed up by starting on Gun Sword. Show was like.. the most mediocre thing ever.[/quote]

Really? I'm only on the 5th episode tho. I liked the opening music. But yeah, the show does seem like one of those animes that does barely enough to keep you watching, but doesn't leave you wishing for more.

Ok thanks for the suggestions, E4 it is. Reminds me, I never did find that clearance copy of Lumines 2 for PSP. One of these days...

[quote name='ninja dog']if you aren't sick of dual analog shooters, SSHD is one of the best.[/QUOTE]

It's easily the best one I've played, and I've played most of them.

[quote name='zewone']Everyday Shooter > Geo Wars > SSHD[/QUOTE]

Switch the spots of Everyday Shooter and SSHD and you've got it!

GeoWars>Everyday>SSDHD

GeoWars>SSDHD(With Solo Expansion)>Everyday

not having an endless mode made SSDHD pretty lame after finishing it. The solo pack adds some really good stuff though. The bomb mode is awesome. Everyday shooter has good variety.

I found out I have 4 complete SNES games. I am also one Mega Man 6 cart away from having a complete copy. I think I am going to pick that up.

K, I put a few minutes into E4 while talking to someone, so I couldn't really learn the game, but I started figuring it out a bit and it seems cool. Definitely has potential.

[quote name='zewone']Geo Wars 2 next month. :drool:

It was really brave of them to add 4 players to that.[/quote]

Is there something I'm not getting? Is BRAVE some sort of in joke that I'm missing?

[quote name='Chacrana']K, I put a few minutes into E4 while talking to someone, so I couldn't really learn the game, but I started figuring it out a bit and it seems cool. Definitely has potential.[/QUOTE]

give it time. key to scoring is listening to the beat, getting quickens (alot!), and smart positioning.

as for Geo Wars 2 having 4 player, that's super smart. very well built for XBL.

I'm thinking of picking up Initial D: Extreme Stage for PS3 after hearing all the great things about. I think I'm going to get the Asian version because it's around $33 cheaper compared to the Japanese version. Sucks that the Asian version doesn't have online mode though.

Edit: Yup, just bought it for $38.98 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='suko_32']I'm thinking of picking up Initial D: Extreme Stage for PS3 after hearing all the great things about. I think I'm going to get the Asian version because it's around $33 cheaper compared to the Japanese version. Sucks that the Asian version doesn't have online mode though.

Edit: Yup, just bought it for $38.98 shipped.[/quote]

Wat. Where'd you get it for $38.98 shipped?

Edit: cheapest I see is yesasia for $45, not incl. shipping.

[quote name='gunm']Wat. Where'd you get it for $38.98 shipped?

Edit: cheapest I see is yesasia for $45, not incl. shipping.[/QUOTE]

I got it off ebay. I was going to get it off yesasia, but the link for the cart wasn't working for me for some reason. Also, yesasia has a $5 coupon but I couldn't test it to see if it still worked.

[quote name='gunm']Damn you all, now I want E4. I skipped over it a while back.

But question: E4 or SSHD?[/QUOTE]

IMO Everyday Shooter >> SSHD = Geo Wars. Geo Wars has a little better enemy variety, but frustration level is a lot higher since there's only one stage, so you just start from scratch every time. SSHD lets you restart at a more advanced stage so you don't have to sleep through the early waves of enemies like in GW.

Quoted the wrong post, but who cares.

Holy wow! the Prince of Persia trailer! Seems to have some ICO influence (windmills, leading the girl around, stuff like that) which is a very good thing :)

If it doesn't suddenly have some futuristic tie-in like that Assassin's Creed abortion, i'm getting it day 1.

Well I'm online, so whateva.

Also, I just learned you can un-detonate in E4... huh. Well that fixes the issue I had with the game, which was that it takes too fuckin' long to get going again.

[quote name='ninja dog']Holy wow! the Prince of Persia trailer! Seems to have some ICO influence (windmills, leading the girl around, stuff like that) which is a very good thing :)

If it doesn't suddenly have some futuristic tie-in like that Assassin's Creed abortion, i'm getting it day 1.

[quote name='MarkMan']GGT chat this morning?

Turbo Grafx[/QUOTE]I just sold mine to a CAG member. He should get it by tomorrow (had to ship to CA).

Anyway, I did play some MGS4 last night, and ALMOST done with ACT 4.

Also, I think I will be selling my copy of TWEWY (The World Ends With You) soon, since I just cannot get use to the touch screen controls (I like the art and and a lot of things the game does, but touch screen controls have killed many other DS games for me, like Magical Starsign. Unless it's Elite Beat Agents, I prefer to not use them). I'm just debating whether I get $22 trade-in credit at Gamestop or do I try selling it at CAG. I REALLY wish I bought FFTA2 or waited for FFIV instead. I feel so stupid since I paid $40 for TWEWY and it's not for me. :whistle2:(

Hrm... i watched a buncha Squeenix trailers. The Star Ocean remake one makes me want Star Ocean 1. Though it probably sucks like the other two games do. I'm not especially convinced about Dragon Quest IV either... the way they were describing features like "change characters!" or "cast a spell!" makes me think that the game is running on nothing but nostalgia.

also, Project Origin is gonna be the best shooter this year by far. BY FAR.

[quote name='Dandeschain']So, with FFXII coming to 360, there is no point in me buying a PS3 ever. Do any GGTers own standalone bluray players? Which one do you guys recommend? I've been contemplating this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864613[/quote]For the money, I'd just buy a PS3 (even a used one at GS, maybe). It's sony so it's a quality BR player if nothing else. And even if you never want to buy a ps3 game, you can download demos and junk like that, which you cant do on a stand alone.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm watching some Sailor Moon with my daughter... this show rocks.[/quote]Anime or Live Action?

[quote name='MarkMan']Let me know if a chat room gets goin, please post chat name.[/quote]And someone invite me.

Yea I don’t think Dragon Quest IV would hold up too well against today’s RPGs. Admittedly I have never played it (the NES version or any of the fan translations), but I think that is part of the reason why it appeals to me and makes me want it like hot steamin’ sex in front of the fire place while playing Snake Eater in the background.

I think it will mainly sell to RPG fanboys (the type that buys all JRPGs) and people who never played the game. It’s definitely not going to have the same type of pull as a DS title with Final Fantasy in the name. Square-Enix tax/tariff won’t help either X_X

A month or two ago, I played Dragon Warrior III on the GBC, and even though the gameplay is dated… I still trucked through it and enjoyed it. So yea. In for 1. At least this version of IV has some graphical improvements.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea I don’t think Dragon Quest IV would hold up too well against today’s RPGs. Admittedly I have never played it (the NES version or any of the fan translations), but I think that is part of the reason why it appeals to me and makes me want it like hot steamin’ sex in front of the fire place while playing Snake Eater in the background.

I think it will mainly sell to RPG fanboys (the type that buys all JRPGs) and people who never played the game. It’s definitely not going to have the same type of pull as a DS title with Final Fantasy in the name. Square-Enix tax/tariff won’t help either X_X

A month or two ago, I played Dragon Warrior III on the GBC, and even though the gameplay is dated… I still trucked through it and enjoyed it. So yea. In for 1. At least this version of IV has some graphical improvements.[/QUOTE]That's my only concern for DQIV. It was good, but pretty dated. I mean, I have problems getting into any RPG older than FFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back